Re: Spark Teleports

Ville wrote:

Only took a year to get.

You did not get your cool down which was really needed. Even 1 hr would have made a difference.

RIP PERPETUUM

Martha Stuart wrote:
Syndic wrote:

With the current way sparks work I'd lower their complexity down a notch.

Spark Teleport is the new Navigation.

If its the new Navigation, can't we just get rid of the skill entirely and just give everyone 10 slots from the get go?

This.  It is indeed the new navigation and should be given to everyone at the same level.  The cost of the skill hurts new players the most.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

what are new player using spark teleportation for?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

They're using it to be at the staging areas for the fleets duh.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I did not miss Spark teleportation when I was new because I never had it, and didn't feel the need for it.

RIP PERPETUUM

That's because like Anni, you never really did anything. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

That's because like Anni, you never really did anything. lol

You kidding me right? Are you butt hurt because I didn't join CIR when you asked, knowing I never done anything in this game? big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

1,258 (edited by Tux 2014-05-05 03:30:13)

Crepitus wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Syndic wrote:

With the current way sparks work I'd lower their complexity down a notch.

Spark Teleport is the new Navigation.

If its the new Navigation, can't we just get rid of the skill entirely and just give everyone 10 slots from the get go?

This.  It is indeed the new navigation and should be given to everyone at the same level.  The cost of the skill hurts new players the most.

Everyone gets 1 spark with a 10 hour cool down and the cool down decreases with each level you put into the skill. or it will remain un balanced .. unless you limit the number of sparks to the same amount for everyone.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

Everyone gets 1 spark with a 10 hour cool down and the cool down decreases with each level you put into the skill. or it will remain un balanced .. unless you limit the number of sparks to the same amount for everyone.

Nah then no one will do gamma, and everyone will just hang out in alpha and use interzones.

Mind you, your current problem with us being able to mobilize effectively is largely due to the absence of gamma.

once gamma gets back in game its going to change everything with sparks, at least how it is now...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Aghem, your biggest problem is recruitment.  Not interzones.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Quoting myself from:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -teleport/

Spark Teleporting is taking the risk of living on Beta or Gamma.
I am ambivalent, when it comes to the spark teleport ablity.
On one side, it greatly reduces travelling time, when crossing different islands especially when it comes to alpha dwelling, on the other side, it makes Beta and Gamma islands empty, as everyone is living on the save alpha islands, as they can just spark in whenever the need to, as often as they want.

For pvp I find the lack having to risk a life on Beta or Gamma as a main Home base and the lack of effort, when organizing a squad to move from one to another location and the present ability to hot drop into any place on Nia, without a cool down, breaks the territorial warfare totally.

When I think back, to the days, when we did not have those abilities, corps were defending and living on their islands, and when trying to move a squad from one side of NIA to another island to raid, we needed to tactical evade intel eyes. - Nowadays everyone just sparks in, from the safety of alpha. The negative side effect is that the islands are mostly empty and roams become meaningless.

Like I said, I am quite ambivalent when it comes to the spark teleport and of course there would still be interzone tp´s.

I think it would be a good Idea, if spark teleporting would have a cool down to it. I would suggestest a cool down of something like 8 hours and raise the cost of Spark Points to limit the places one could have.

My opinion is, as more spark points everyone has, as more scattered everyone will be across NIA and real territory warfare is broken, in comparison, when every corp needs to be staged at a certain home base to defend and live there also.

I suggest following changes:

• A cool down of at least 8 hours should be introduced to sparking.

• 2 spark Points should really be enough, considering the size of NIA.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

MoBIoS wrote:

Quoting myself from:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -teleport/

Spark Teleporting is taking the risk of living on Beta or Gamma.
I am ambivalent, when it comes to the spark teleport ablity.
On one side, it greatly reduces travelling time, when crossing different islands especially when it comes to alpha dwelling, on the other side, it makes Beta and Gamma islands empty, as everyone is living on the save alpha islands, as they can just spark in whenever the need to, as often as they want.

For pvp I find the lack having to risk a life on Beta or Gamma as a main Home base and the lack of effort, when organizing a squad to move from one to another location and the present ability to hot drop into any place on Nia, without a cool down, breaks the territorial warfare totally.

When I think back, to the days, when we did not have those abilities, corps were defending and living on their islands, and when trying to move a squad from one side of NIA to another island to raid, we needed to tactical evade intel eyes. - Nowadays everyone just sparks in, from the safety of alpha. The negative side effect is that the islands are mostly empty and roams become meaningless.

Like I said, I am quite ambivalent when it comes to the spark teleport and of course there would still be interzone tp´s.

I think it would be a good Idea, if spark teleporting would have a cool down to it. I would suggestest a cool down of something like 8 hours and raise the cost of Spark Points to limit the places one could have.

My opinion is, as more spark points everyone has, as more scattered everyone will be across NIA and real territory warfare is broken, in comparison, when every corp needs to be staged at a certain home base to defend and live there also.

I suggest following changes:

• A cool down of at least 8 hours should be introduced to sparking.

• 2 spark Points should really be enough, considering the size of NIA.

I think probes do far more damage to pvp than teleport sparks do. 

It's true that SPT allows for power projection, but they also cut down the travel grind greatly and that was needed from the beginning where  speed lanes didn't help nearly as much as they were advertised but are still welcome.  They also allow for more fights because people can TP to hot spots and drop whatever they have to join a fight in progress instead of missing out because they're too far away.

I do still think it's the new navigation though and that all players should just start 10 points instead of giving the travel edge to the vets.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Maybe it's just me, but spark teleports provides a very basic form of convenience, which is something there is very little of in the game. Stuff like 8-1 hour cooldowns would basically kick us back into the stone-age in regards to mobility, which i don't think is a good idea, at least when we're talking about mobility between alpha islands.

To make life a little easier for new players, removing the extension and just giving everyone 10 points doesn't sound like a bad idea, to be honest.

I would give everyone 5 sparks, make any location only cost one spark, and 20 minute (max!) cooldown.
Then sell another 5 pack of sparks for a monthly charge of $5 or whatever the credit equivalent is.

I hate to even get involved in this whole debate again. But there has yet to be a time in this game where SpT allowed power projection over numbers. All of the political shifts in territorial control over the time we've had SpT has been due to numbers and alliances. Which is the way it should be.

Mobios.  Your kidding right?  No one uses Beta?  Its empty?  There's a reason roam groups that come to Nova and Dom die in 6 minutes or less.  That's because there's people living there.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

1,266 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-05-05 16:07:42)

What bothers me about most of these suggestions is that its nothing more than self serving suggestions...with the implication that its OP or bad for the game.

Might as well title it all "Nerf CIR/JOKE/77" because that is what it boils down to.  We use lots of ECM and beat the enemies?  Well ECM must be OP then right?  We start kicking old enemies off the map?  Well mobility must be OP right?

Why not use the same mechanics in game as we do, everyone has access to ECM/ECCM/Recruitment/Sparks?

Try actually talking with people in game, helping them, then offering them a corporation...grow your ranks....

Spark teleports are op right now...since you know...19 islands are missing....and none of us have to defend a gamma base.  So you want the spark system further nerfed so that you can save face on beta and not get kicked off due to inactivity/incompetence?  Without even think about the game as a whole and what gamma will do to this system?

You guys and your allies (even if they left your alliance) are some of the most knowledgeable, wealthy, and experienced corps in game...there is no excuse.  You know the mechanics of the game, you know how to counter stuff.  You have access to the same player pool and the same mechanics as we do.  Start recruiting, start training your noobs, start thinking aobut pvp rather than having everyone undock in the mech that looks coolest to them ect.

or move out of the way and let some new corp rise up who is competent...which is whats going to have to happen...because you are all asking the developers to program in victories (or at least you hope) for you.

Just to be clear, I think spark teleports are just fine for vets, for noobs not so much...new people who want access to pvp have to spend at least 5 level of EP on an expensive skill just to spark between one beta and one alpha 2.  For vets with level 10, its a lot of EP spent to one day be able to spark between alpha 1, two betas, and one gamma....which imo isn't a game breaker by any means.  Also most of the purposed changes to sparks will just lead to you guys complaining about interzone beacons since those will be used to circumvent a 100% useless spark system, and one most of us sunk a ton of EP into....

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger who you are talking to, or about?

Cassius wrote:

Stranger who you are talking to, or about?

This is a forum, you have the ability to scroll up and view the previous comments in order to figure out things like this.

I leave this task of solving this great mystery up to you! and may god have mercy on your soul

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Mobios, welcome to the Instant Power Projection problem described ad nauseum in this thread. You have it right, except the part about no one living on Beta. 2 sparks is max in my opinion as well.

Stranger, you may want to visit pages 5-25 of this thread where excellent points and descriptions are given about SpT Power Projection issues. You may find it comical how passionately STC & allies dismissed  the problem when they held all the Beta islands.

Gamma point is valid and certainly will effect Beta Power Projection.

I still think sparks need more nerfing.

1,270 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-05-05 17:21:36)

Rage Rex wrote:

Mobios, welcome to the Instant Power Projection problem described ad nauseum in this thread. You have it right, except the part about no one living on Beta. 2 sparks is max in my opinion as well.

Stranger, you may want to visit pages 5-25 of this thread where excellent points and descriptions are given about SpT Power Projection issues. You may find it comical how passionately STC & allies dismissed  the problem when they held all the Beta islands.

Gamma point is valid and certainly will effect Beta Power Projection.

I still think sparks need more nerfing.

I will fight further nerfing of sparks with every lazy bone in my body, later after work maybe...

however perhaps the real issue is me loathing long walk times to and from potential battles.

not so bad no with most of the map not in game, I don't want sparks to be nerfed again then have to deal with multiple allies gamma bases, multiple beta bases, and one alpha...

there is an issue now with sparks due to the lack of gamma...once gamma gets back in game we will all get the limited reach needed to allow upstarts to grow.

only problem with spark teleports is that it favors vets over new players far too much.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

*sigh*

Stranger Danger wrote:

I will fight further nerfing of sparks with every lazy bone in my body, later after work maybe...

however perhaps the real issue is me loathing long walk times to and from potential battles.

Me too.  Real life travel times are NOT a (desirable) feature. 

I stopped playing EVE recently because it takes too *** long to do anything.  Don't be EVE, Please.

Population graphs

Stranger Danger wrote:

not so bad no with most of the map not in game, I don't want sparks to be nerfed again then have to deal with multiple allies gamma bases, multiple beta bases, and one alpha...

Long walking times are a problem, but walking around is the default way of getting around this game, and should (imo) continue to be. This does mean redesigning tps and highways so its not a giant pain to get anywhere. Mobiles and Sparks with no cooldown are a bandaid for a bad system that should be fixed.

You talk about multiple bases as if its unconnected, but that is part of the the power projection problem, I don't think it is ok that a bunch of corps that don't live at that base can instantly get there to defend it.

1,274 (edited by Burial 2014-05-06 02:44:23)

Dazamin wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

Long walking times are a problem, but walking around is the default way of getting around this game, and should (imo) continue to be. This does mean redesigning tps and highways so its not a giant pain to get anywhere. Mobiles and Sparks with no cooldown are a bandaid for a bad system that should be fixed.

You talk about multiple bases as if its unconnected, but that is part of the the power projection problem, I don't think it is ok that a bunch of corps that don't live at that base can instantly get there to defend it.

Ive said it many times, just improve the old way of traveling and at that point you can /delete spark TP.

Cassius wrote:

I would give everyone 5 sparks, make any location only cost one spark, and 20 minute (max!) cooldown.
Then sell another 5 pack of sparks for a monthly charge of $5 or whatever the credit equivalent is.

I rather like this idea. Remove the extension, refund the points and give everyone UP TO 5 sparks with no point value attached.

I think this thread has derailed so many times, but I think the major point in all of this was to stop people from being able to instantly spark somewhere and undock in combat bots. I can't count how many times in the past 6 months someone has pm'd me when out of game, I was able to log in spark to where I was needed and get on kills.

Some might argue that's a good thing, and while I'm not really complaining, I keep thinking of what it would be like from my perspective if STC had the cajones to do it to me. So there I am, under Asintec Beta and Burial undocks in his Kain Mk2 and I think to myself "OMMNOMNOM SOFTCOX KEEL" and start shooting him. Then, Burial starts screaming like the little girl he is deep down inside "OMGZ SMOKEYII GON KEEL MEH" and 12 other nutcuppers spark to Asintec Beta and all undock instantly and shoot poor Smokeyii. Smokeyii goes on the forums and complains that INSTANT power projection anywhere in NIA at any time for up to 10 places is massively OP for everyone.

Now, Dev Zoom, in his infinite wisdom decided that the best way to fix the problem with INSTANT power projection to up to 10 outposts anywhere on NIA was to say "OK, you can only haz 5, but we do it in a weird way that only makes sense to Hungarians". And guess what? We've still got people complaining about INSTANT power projection, only now the shoes on the other foot.

So, lets constructively come up with a FINAL solution to this. Please. Many good ideas have been batted around, and I still think the best solution to combat INSTANT power projection is to have a short undock timer after spark teleport while the systems realign or whatever. Perfect time to go take a leak, make a sammich, punch the dog, whatever.