Re: Spark Teleports

Rex Amelius wrote:
Cassius wrote:

while a very big "side" benefit has been to handicap the largest alliance that was left playing.

...and there is Cassius admission to opposing SpT nerf due to personal self interest. Bro, the nerf effects us all. You should be happy because with a competent PvP opponent you would be the ones without outposts. And tough *** that you built 20 bases on Gamma and can't control them with 12 guys. My God!

/corp dialogue/
FYI ***, if I can find more time to play with newborn I'll be sure STC burns for destroying my assets in Langrum. And you have the balls to gloat about it being your northern core stronghold? When you cowards attacked it while we were away? Always liked you RL Cassius ...still do despite your forum ravings (beginning with your brazen CIR thread months ago). But in game I'll be seeking your tears. SpT irrelevant on this matter.
/corp dialogue/

Read the whole quote, don't just cut and paste one line.  The quote describes whst I THINK are the MOTIVATIONS BEHIND the reasons this change has been pushed.  Its not my reason or admission as to why I am opposed to this change. C'mon Rex, you understand what I meant when I said this, you're smarter than this. I know trolling is not your style.

and lol in game, bring it ... and in RL feeling is mutual

1,202 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-20 06:24:15)

You are not a large alliance.  You are a few people holding way too many bases.

That is what you dont understand. The game wasnt meant to be 1 person per island.

Now, it is gettng fixed and it is going to suck for everyone but it is the way it should be.

and yes, a side effect of this is I get to laugh at your decisions to spread yourselves out so thin

Cassius wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
Cassius wrote:

while a very big "side" benefit has been to handicap the largest alliance that was left playing.

...and there is Cassius admission to opposing SpT nerf due to personal self interest. Bro, the nerf effects us all. You should be happy because with a competent PvP opponent you would be the ones without outposts. And tough *** that you built 20 bases on Gamma and can't control them with 12 guys. My God!

/corp dialogue/
FYI ***, if I can find more time to play with newborn I'll be sure STC burns for destroying my assets in Langrum. And you have the balls to gloat about it being your northern core stronghold? When you cowards attacked it while we were away? Always liked you RL Cassius ...still do despite your forum ravings (beginning with your brazen CIR thread months ago). But in game I'll be seeking your tears. SpT irrelevant on this matter.
/corp dialogue/

Read the whole quote, don't just cut and paste one line.  The quote describes whst I THINK are the MOTIVATIONS BEHIND the reasons this change has been pushed.  Its not my reason or admission as to why I am opposed to this change. C'mon Rex, you understand what I meant when I said this, you're smarter than this. I know trolling is not your style.

and lol in game, bring it ... and in RL feeling is mutual

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

When it is happen ?

Need it quicker the enemy is growing. big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

When it is happen ?

Need it quicker the enemy is growing. big_smile

What you talking about? Sparks are just fine the way they are. I need them to easy-mode active SAPs

Sparking to other games

***update***. I was wrong.  I made this whole thread up as a troll.  No one alliance could EVER own every Beta station, assault gamma islands and still have time to do 150 nora plants in a day.  This could NEVER happen!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Sparks have nothing to do with controlling Beta. It's just the numbers. Whoever has the most ewar wins.

Nerf ERP and gives us more sparks. It's the only sensible thing to do. It will help me gather more assets to distribute to steam noobs.

Sparking to other games

Yes think of the steam noobs!!

Rex you said not posting isnt it?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Rex you said not posting isnt it?

I'm quite terrible at taking my own advice.

I'm quite terrible.

Sparking to other games

If not needed I would stay for sparks, but a bit nerf wouldnt be too bad.

But not to 2 point for gammas fuuu

Energy to Earth!

4 guys cant control 6 Gammas

Inda wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Inda wrote:

4 guys should not control 6 Gammas. All you needed was 6 guys to change that. Not a mechanic change.
They didnt control it because of SpT, they controlled it because they only had 2 guys opposing them.

You guys have the numbers, now you are starting to control things. You are proving what we have said this entire thread.

So since we no longer control things, and the SpT hasn't even been implemented, what was the whole point of this thread?

It's starting to look just like the minority who were upset, trying to change things via a forums because they couldn't in game.  And they wanted to mess up the power that was. Easy mode, for you guys.

Ville wins forum PvP. Game loses, and you guys rub it in the face of the Devs, here, that you are just trolling. Not the brightest strategy imo, but I'm not a Dev.

Also, congrats Rex. You are officially a forum troll.

Troll or not, I genuinely think the slot change is for the better, and it is still coming.

1,214 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-04 08:49:37)

Cassius wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Inda wrote:

4 guys should not control 6 Gammas. All you needed was 6 guys to change that. Not a mechanic change.
They didnt control it because of SpT, they controlled it because they only had 2 guys opposing them.

You guys have the numbers, now you are starting to control things. You are proving what we have said this entire thread.

So since we no longer control things, and the SpT hasn't even been implemented, what was the whole point of this thread?

It's starting to look just like the minority who were upset, trying to change things via a forums because they couldn't in game.  And they wanted to mess up the power that was. Easy mode, for you guys.

Ville wins forum PvP. Game loses, and you guys rub it in the face of the Devs, here, that you are just trolling. Not the brightest strategy imo, but I'm not a Dev.

Yes my last couple posts in this thread were light troll. But my opinion is same for SpT. STC and numbers were never the argument.

SpT needs power projection nerf BEFORE steam. Current proposal not enough.

Would be nice to see other transportation network upgrades.

And Cassius, you still don't get SpT problem. Nor do you see passed corp dialogue on issue.

Sparking to other games

Cassius wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Inda wrote:

I dont think u relly understand the wole problem.

Problem is you controled evry thing now we controll EVRY THING 2 sided war whit no room for any small or big corp to grow its horrible the way it is i also think the change isnt enught but its some thing atleast

1,216 (edited by Burial 2014-01-04 14:01:53)

The problem is really this: What is there to do on Beta so the small corp should even be bothered to try and hold an outpost?

Alpha islands, hands down the best(by multifunctionality) islands in the game. Gamma is only for those who wish to be production power-houses.

Lack of content has been a problem since launch. At least now you have 36 islands to do nothing fun on. big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Burial wrote:

The problem is really this: What is there to do on Beta so the small corp should even be bothered to try and hold an outpost?

Alpha islands, hands down the best(by multifunctionality) islands in the game. Gamma is only for those who wish to be production power-houses.

Thats a diffrent problem.

How is a small/bigger corp supose to even trye to take a beta if they get swarmed by the holders of all betas that sparks in?

The SAP loot and control/easy access of Epitron is enught for any one to own 1! beta.  Problem is most corps/players have it alredy mined when gamma had epitron. a nother is Sparks

Id like to see maybe 6 beta 3s whit no outposts/terminals on them when steam hits

@Cassius Hook, line and sinker.  Obvious troll is obvious.  I know it's hard to detect sarcasm via text.  It's not a population issue Cassius it's power projection at its finest.  How many extra chromosomes are you gifted with?  We should not be able to do what we did in this manner of time with resistance.

Ville wrote:

@Cassius Hook, line and sinker.  Obvious troll is obvious.  I know it's hard to detect sarcasm via text.  It's not a population issue Cassius it's power projection at its finest.  How many extra chromosomes are you gifted with?  We should not be able to do what we did in this manner of time with resistance.

Seriously Ville? No *** its obvious and sarcastic. But hey, clearly you think your trolling is sublime and got a result. I wont shatter your own little Nirvana.

The impending change is not "better than nothing". Its not "better for the game". It does nothing to fix the problem, and it limits transportation in a game that has transportation issues to begin with.

If I thought it was an improvement, I wouldn't complain. Your sides biggest and most legitimate "non troll" reason for this campaign was instant power projection anywhere is OP. There is some truth to this.

What change would have greater influence to this problem? A 10 minute cooldown, or reduction in number of SpT? I think the cooldown.  SpT, no matter what, could have used a cooldown. It still needs one. The current proposed change will have such little probable affect on current dynamics its simply a waste of time. At the same time it will negatively affect other areas of the game far greater.

And I bolded the last word in your post, for a reason. Resistance. You could not have done what you have done if we had the NUMBERS to prevent you. SpT had nothing to do with it other than making the logistics quicker. But the end results, who owns what Outposts, who controls what, is primarily dependant on NUMBERS. And please, what fantasy MMO exists where a noob corp can simply go and live in any PvP region, among Established corps and alliances, soley on their own? It doesn't happen in any game, its not going to happen here. It never has it never will. And it shouldn't.

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:

Seriously Ville? No *** its obvious and sarcastic. But hey, clearly you think your trolling is sublime and got a result. I wont shatter your own little Nirvana.

The impending change is not "better than nothing". Its not "better for the game". It does nothing to fix the problem, and it limits transportation in a game that has transportation issues to begin with.

If I thought it was an improvement, I wouldn't complain. Your sides biggest and most legitimate "non troll" reason for this campaign was instant power projection anywhere is OP. There is some truth to this.

What change would have greater influence to this problem? A 10 minute cooldown, or reduction in number of SpT? I think the cooldown.  SpT, no matter what, could have used a cooldown. It still needs one. The current proposed change will have such little probable affect on current dynamics its simply a waste of time. At the same time it will negatively affect other areas of the game far greater.

And I bolded the last word in your post, for a reason. Resistance. You could not have done what you have done if we had the NUMBERS to prevent you. SpT had nothing to do with it other than making the logistics quicker. But the end results, who owns what Outposts, who controls what, is primarily dependant on NUMBERS. And please, what fantasy MMO exists where a noob corp can simply go and live in any PvP region, among Established corps and alliances, soley on their own? It doesn't happen in any game, its not going to happen here. It never has it never will. And it shouldn't.

Having "I can be evry were when i want" nerfed will allow for many smaller conflicts insted of the 1 big one thats not doing the game any morre funn for any one.  Localized conflicts make the world alittle bigger and morre funn id say u know like when the game launched  not like its now.
And when exsacly are the "noob corps" redy to move/attack betas?

1,222 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-04 22:52:48)

Don't waste your breath. The man is a brick.

Only true solution is removal from game. Gone. Zero sparks. Reintroduce them when there are 100 islands.

Sparking to other games

I feel like he is getting stupider.

Cassius Numbers shouldn't be the "be all, end all" thing.  By slowing power projection it slows the whos got more numbers dice.

Cassius wrote:

...who owns what Outposts, who controls what, is primarily dependant on NUMBERS.

You are correct, in a world where there are 10 sparks to 10 locations, who owns Nia is dependant on NUMBERS.  This is what we have been saying all along, I'm glad you have come to our reasoning.

But as you will find out once the spark patch goes in, NUMBERS will have less of an impact.  Which is the point of the patch.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

1,225 (edited by Gibo 2014-01-05 13:10:30)

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Cassius wrote:

...who owns what Outposts, who controls what, is primarily dependant on NUMBERS.

You are correct, in a world where there are 10 sparks to 10 locations, who owns Nia is dependant on NUMBERS.  This is what we have been saying all along, I'm glad you have come to our reasoning.

But as you will find out once the spark patch goes in, NUMBERS will have less of an impact.  Which is the point of the patch.

I agree that Spt has to be removed or really nerfed down. Although, 'winning' has always been dependent on numbers with or without sparks. More so with SpT, but history shows it's not needed to control Nia, game world is too small to hide anywhere.