551 (edited by Burial 2013-08-21 23:20:39)

Re: Spark Teleports

Back in those days you used to have teleport chains that often went through 2 islands. Coupled with less islands, of course traveling wasn't such a pain.

While teleport beacons are good, they are still slow and have a lot of drawbacks. You spend about 5 minutes on each island if you use them and coupled with the fact they take quite a lot of space, there is hard cap on how far you can go(and come back!) if you are not hauling bot/don't drag hauling bot with you.

All I'm saying is traveling is different than what it used to be before spark teleportation.

* Before Spark teleport players had the golden triangle
* Before Spark teleport players didnt have gamma islands
* Before Spark teleport players lived on betas because they were the best facilities
* Before Spark teleport players were able to travel from alpha I & II to beta I & II directly
* Before Spark teleport players ^ the teleport network supported efficient travel

There are many differences in the mobility of players and the reasons for being or not being on beta islands now.

Celebro wrote:

I was eager to move to beta mine epriton kill higher ranked npcs, the risk vs reward was acceptable. Moving there with my first corp was really fun times, I lost a bots but my income was more than enable to cover for loses and make a tidy profit. PVP was a daily thing back then.

Until Beta islands have something Unique to them they will be worth less and not populated by corporations.

Lemon wrote:

It was once so however it was more like 45mins+ to get to that possible pvp. This is also why a lot of us stopped roaming to PvP. Its never fun to get all dressed up for the party to only get stood up </3

Lets look at  the fact that as a attacker NOW I need to still spend 10+ Mins in route to get to PvP. Once there I attack someone say a Miner. The defender now knows where I am as well as what I am using. They are then able (Assuming all preparations are made) to Teleport to the nearest base, deploy counter bots to engage.

I want to prevent a group of attackers from being utterly shut down at every PvP  attempt  on their island roaming or sap.

You talk about pvp like its a 1 way street.. you can kill miners but once the opponent reacts with guns its BAD ?!?!?

attackers wont be "utterly shutdown" once the test server fixes are in place ... they will be able to shoot miners and tuck tail and run once again wink

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

553 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-08-22 08:47:59)

Tux wrote:

* Before Spark teleport players ^ the teleport network supported efficient travel

What so by efficient you mean able to travel from one side of the game world to the other in under 2 mins with some TP routes?

The old TP network needed a change I just dont agree with the change we got.

A question that should be asked is: How long should you spend traversing an island?
aka: enter an island (by Tp) then the time it takes to reach your exit Tp (traveling by inner TP network / HWYs)

Once we have a basic acceptable travel time then you can tweak the network to reach that goal.

Ville wrote:

I'm at the point where I am just waiting for the I told you so spam.

This point will occur if your politcally motivated campaign to change SpT beyond 5 minutes succeeds and in the game future when you are actually playing in an active corp with assets and bases and you need to move between them. Then you will remember and understand why we told you so, not to change it.

Lemon whether you killed the miner pre or post SpT, your location becomes known. The nature of roaming PvP generally means a smaller mobile force, that gets in, kills, and escapes or finds another target. The one thing this force DOES NOT DO is sit and hang around for a response fron the territory owner. This is the same in ANY game. The only way you combat a large force is with a larger force. SpT changes the dynamics of this PvP but hasn't killed it.

Make Epi a Beta only resource. This would solve so many issues and arguments in this game including this SpT thread, I really don't understand why this doesnt get implimented right away.

555 (edited by Burial 2013-08-22 12:04:20)

Cassius wrote:

Make Epi a Beta only resource. This would solve so many issues and arguments in this game including this SpT thread, I really don't understand why this doesnt get implimented right away.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … elocation/

That thread got hit by the same amount of indecisiveness as this one.. feel free to revive.

Couple of other things I've heard suggested in the last couple of days (re give Beta living a reason) are Indy facilities exclusive to player owned Beta stations

The cortex forge: probably require a tweak to cortex drop proportions.
Ore Compressor: convert Raw materials to PLs.

Maybe someone should start a dedicated "New reasons to live on Beta" thread and ban any mention of Spt in it. I think we've probably covered that one by now.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok this might have been already suggested and if so I'm sorry, but how about individual cooldowns PER spark teleport target? Jump to a target, cooldown starts for that one only.

This would make it possible to use the system to jump around all your targets exactly once within a given time, which is still ok for marketeers to modify/add their orders, but rules out jumping back and forth quickly between two targets.

This could even have a substantially longer cooldown too, like 12 or 24 hours.

I would like to say that this sounds reasonable , together with remote marketing/industry features.

RIP PERPETUUM

We need something that Forge's cortex's.

Great idea really.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I like the direction you are headed here.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok this might have been already suggested and if so I'm sorry, but how about individual cooldowns PER spark teleport target? Jump to a target, cooldown starts for that one only.

This would make it possible to use the system to jump around all your targets exactly once within a given time, which is still ok for marketeers to modify/add their orders, but rules out jumping back and forth quickly between two targets.

This could even have a substantially longer cooldown too, like 12 or 24 hours.

560 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-22 20:45:26)

Sorry Charlie, you are not selling that here.

You still need to make strategic decisions about moving back and forth . UNLESS YOU LIVE THERE

Games cant be that easy, buddy.

Tux wrote:

There should be NO cool down / Penalty for sparking to stations that your own corporation OWNS.

]

561 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-22 21:28:35)

Gunner wrote:

You still need to make strategic decisions about moving back and forth . UNLESS YOU LIVE THERE

Tux wrote:

There should be NO cool down / Penalty for sparking to stations that your own corporation OWNS.

]

Who died and made you king? 

From what I can tell your side has yet to even prove the system is broken.  all you have shown is that its only broken when your at a disadvantage and can't crank out missions.  Evidenced by the fact that the system has been in place for almost a year, and when you controlled Dom you didn't have a single gripe against it.  Strange that.  Smells to me of a poor loser.

562 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-22 21:29:29)

You are the only one here that cares about missions.

I care about the terrible mechanics going in to a potentially huge influx of people.

The current mechanic allows you to grossly abuse the missions system.

You, personally, Martha are so guilty of it, it boggles my mind that a person could care so much about 1's and 0's.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Tux wrote:

]

Who died and made you king? 

From what I can tell your side has yet to even prove the system is broken.  all you have shown is that its only broken when your at a disadvantage and can't crank out missions.

563 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-22 21:31:45)

Gunner wrote:

Stuff

I don't even run missions anymore (the beacon nerf was quite effective), but my point is still the same.  When your side was winning fights and controlled territory, the system was fine.  Now that you don't, its time to cry about it and claim its broken.

564 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-22 21:32:16)

We all knew it was broken.

You know it is broken too.

There is no "My Side".

None of us play.

We dont like playing with 8 people.

565 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-22 21:34:47)

Gunner wrote:

There is not "My Side".

None of us play.

So the decline in population happened when sparks were implemented?  And there is a "your side", the only people who claim the system is totally broken is the Ex Dom alliance.  How is that not your side?  Its strange that you claim its broken after you stopped playing.  Not while you were using it.

And if i am so concerned about 1's and 0's and you are not why are you even posting?

There is a series of *** up decisions for the last 1.5 years that destroyed the game.

Jesus dont get me started on the laundry list.

The couple people who are left dont even matter including me. I am crossing my fingers for a monster influx of people from Steam.

Spark teleports as you know it now is going to be changed, so you guys better get your last runs in.

567 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-22 21:41:39)

You lack the vision to understand the impact of the mechanic with a massive population.

We all used this easy mode crap to gank people and to defend outposts and to run missions.

Fun and games are over now and its time to make it the way it should have been.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Gunner wrote:

There is not "My Side".

None of us play.

So the decline in population happened when sparks were implemented?  And there is a "your side", the only people who claim the system is totally broken is the Ex Dom alliance.  How is that not your side?  Its strange that you claim its broken after you stopped playing.  Not while you were using it.

And if i am so concerned about 1's and 0's and you are not why are you even posting?

The beacon nerf, my personal gift to you.  I hope you liked it.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Stuff

I don't even run missions anymore (the beacon nerf was quite effective), but my point is still the same.  When your side was winning fights and controlled territory, the system was fine.  Now that you don't, its time to cry about it and claim its broken.

No need for more arguments, tommorrow maybe sparks will change. Get ready.

RIP PERPETUUM

570 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-22 21:49:35)

it won't, the patch is to fix a few broken turrets

The beacon nerf i'm talking about isn't actually the one you were here for, the one that actually caused token prices to drop and beacons to become far less valuable was implemented about 2 weeks ago.  Dropping the beacons for 10 to 3 didn't really change anything tbh.

I like how you call it vision, I call it hypocrisy.  Funny how things appear from different perspectives.

Sparks won't get changed yet.

lol 10 to 3

Wasn't STC the first to put out the 100 beacon video? And again gunner, missions are broken, not spark teleport....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

574 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 00:05:35)

lol you put 100 beacons down, you didnt run them through and loot them; you hadn't even begun to understand how to pull it off.  You guys are always thinking small and that is the problem, in general.

sparks are so broken, you guys are like heroin addicts

mainline some free travel

575 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 00:12:41)

With the current system, Beastmodeguns could bounce between each beta station (Main beta) about 14,000 times per day.

Each time in an instant with no cost or penalty.

That is broken.

You could bounce 9 or 10 stations about 1000 times, undock, do a detector scan, redock again and leave to another station at a completely different place with not cost or penalty.    with one account

That is broken.