576 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 00:17:17)

Re: Spark Teleports

Dev Zooms suggestions gives people some options and at the same time limits a lot of the abuses.

Add a remote mission accept, and we are all set and people can *** missions too.

yay we all win

oh yeah and then im going to burn out the few people you have left  ;P

and also we can put food back on Devs tables because sparks = less subs

sparks cause famine

blight

stuff

577 (edited by Cassius 2013-08-23 01:25:57)

Gunner wrote:

With the current system, Beastmodeguns could bounce between each beta station (Main beta) about 14,000 times per day.

Each time in an instant with no cost or penalty.

That is broken.

You could bounce 9 or 10 stations about 1000 times, undock, do a detector scan, redock again and leave to another station at a completely different place with not cost or penalty.    with one account

That is broken.

You can do the same if you wanted.  Wait, you can't, because you don't own ***. So it's inbalanced, but not broken. And only inbalanced because you can't be assed to own a station. Not because of SpT.

Isn't that what this thread is all about?
Changing things on the forums because you cannot thru gameplay, that's easy mode Gunner.

And you spend far more time posting than playing. I wonder who is due for burnout, Gunner.

I'd like to point out no cooldown is fair.

Gunner wrote:

With the current system, Beastmodeguns could bounce between each beta station (Main beta) about 14,000 times per day.

That is broken.

You could bounce 9 or 10 stations about 1000 times, undock, do a detector scan, redock again and leave to another station at a completely different place with not cost or penalty.    with one account

That is broken.

I can do the same thing with 1 main account plus alts. Quick Gunner! Start a forum post! Its broken!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

At least you have to do more than click a button on one account to do it.

Using alts and multiple accounts at least is some effort and puts food on devs tables.

580 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 02:35:14)

You know its broken. You even particularly know it.

Dont blow smoke up peoples ***.

I gave you those stations and you didnt even say thank you. .. you really only took those stations from the server, not us. We were long gone.

Must be fun playing against the server.

You are playing against your denial of dead game.

Denial wins!

there is nothing to play, Cassius.  The game we played has been gone for a long time.  What remains is skeletons and concessions to the few that remain.

Cassius wrote:
Gunner wrote:

That is broken.

That is broken.

You can do the same if you wanted.  Wait, you can't, because you don't own ***. So it's inbalanced, but not broken. And only inbalanced because you can't be assed to own a station. Not because of SpT.

Isn't that what this thread is all about?
Changing things on the forums because you cannot thru gameplay, that's easy mode Gunner.

And you spend far more time posting than playing. I wonder who is due for burnout, Gunner.

I'd like to point out no cooldown is fair.

581 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 02:31:03)

I am glad it is getting fixed soon.

You guys are here acting dumb and praying the Devs will ignore it.

Not this time.

The nail in the coffin of bad decisions was Spark Teleporting.

We are putting a stop to it.

Pretty sure your gamma getting rolled was the nail in the coffin. Leave Spark teleport out of this...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Gamma is where we run beacons.  I dont know what you guys do there.  Pushing around 1's and 0's that dont shoot back, yawn I just fell asleep.

Perpetuum online is a game of tactics and decisions. The Spark mechanic removes dozens of decision making opportunities.  It is so out of whack. Just click and instamove around all day long to suit you.

This mechanic at this level only belongs on the TEST SERVER. That is where it makes sense.

There is no place in a MMO for instant movement without penatly.

If you want an arcade game, go play World of Tanks, I am told its quite nice.

Gunner wrote:

\o/ fuuu

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

And it would cost him 140,000,000 Million Nic.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Gunner wrote:

Gamma is where we run beacons.  I dont know what you guys do there.  Pushing around 1's and 0's that dont shoot back, yawn I just fell asleep.

Perpetuum online is a game of tactics and decisions. The Spark mechanic removes dozens of decision making opportunities.  It is so out of whack. Just click and instamove around all day long to suit you.

This mechanic at this level only belongs on the TEST SERVER. That is where it makes sense.

There is no place in a MMO for instant movement without penatly.

Last time I checked we couldn't bring anything with us while sparking.

587 (edited by Burial 2013-08-23 11:58:59)

Gunner wrote:

Not this time.

How will it be "fixed"? mad

Zoom, does he know something more than the rest of us?

Burial wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Not this time.

How will it be "fixed"? mad

Zoom, does he know something more than the rest of us?

Gunner has Wishful Thinking to level 8 and Make Believe to level 10.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok this might have been already suggested and if so I'm sorry, but how about individual cooldowns PER spark teleport target? Jump to a target, cooldown starts for that one only.

This would make it possible to use the system to jump around all your targets exactly once within a given time, which is still ok for marketeers to modify/add their orders, but rules out jumping back and forth quickly between two targets.

This could even have a substantially longer cooldown too, like 12 or 24 hours.

Hmm. Let's say I'm a disgruntled bitter ex player. Let's say I may even have a few corpies that fall into the same category. Let's say I criticize the devs continually. Let's say I am only subbed to essentially post on the forums, I'm not actively playing the game, I can't be bothered to put the effort required to hold a Beta Station, much less a Gamma. I spend most of my gaming time playing other games which I'm happy to brag about here, constantly.

My enemies hold everything. They are the only ones still actively playing, actively subbing all their accounts, not just one for forum trolli.... Err posting.

You implement this long cooldown system.

My and my corpies go on a roam, and cause my enemies to spark around to various locations in a short time.
Then I do what I say I'm doing and play other games.

Who gets *** here? The guy that plays the game and now has to travel everywhere because some idiot who doesn't play takes advantage of a system thats implemented because of a forum campaign.

Be careful of what you do Devs.

590 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 13:26:15)

Cassius wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok this might have been already suggested and if so I'm sorry, but how about individual cooldowns PER spark teleport target? Jump to a target, cooldown starts for that one only.

This would make it possible to use the system to jump around all your targets exactly once within a given time, which is still ok for marketeers to modify/add their orders, but rules out jumping back and forth quickly between two targets.

This could even have a substantially longer cooldown too, like 12 or 24 hours.

Hmm. Let's say I'm a disgruntled bitter ex player. Let's say I may even have a few corpies that fall into the same category. Let's say I criticize the devs continually. Let's say I am only subbed to essentially post on the forums, I'm not actively playing the game, I can't be bothered to put the effort required to hold a Beta Station, much less a Gamma. I spend most of my gaming time playing other games which I'm happy to brag about here, constantly.

My enemies hold everything. They are the only ones still actively playing, actively subbing all their accounts, not just one for forum trolli.... Err posting.

You implement this long cooldown system.

My and my corpies go on a roam, and cause my enemies to spark around to various locations in a short time.
Then I do what I say I'm doing and play other games.

Who gets *** here? The guy that plays the game and now has to travel everywhere because some idiot who doesn't play takes advantage of a system thats implemented because of a forum campaign.

Be careful of what you do Devs.

Your rationalization is hilarious. This has nothing to do with other player's reaction it's about fixing a mechanic that if abused, it's borderline exploit.

RIP PERPETUUM

I guess my rationalization is basically a spark cooldown affects people who play the game, not people who post on the forums.

Please tell me what would accomplish more, instantly.

A spark cooldown beyond 5 minutes.
Epi a Beta mineral only.

Since I happen to play the game, and I happen to afk mine in Scarab Mk2 with T4+ gear on Gamma, surely it's not my advantage to suggest Epi Beta only. Do I have a billion units of Epi in my hanger? Nope, only roughly 85 million. Not enough to suggest a game changing mechanic and not be affected by it.

My interest he is for the good of the game, only.

Epi Beta only forces activity on Beta.
It increases the value of owning a Beta (sure we currently own all Beta, but again, not my secret political motivation to suggest this)
It will increase the value of the mineral, making Alpha miners more likely to risk for the reward.
It would increase the number of opportunities of many types of PvP, from the solo miner small gang roaming gank to the large mining logoffski bait trap to even a simple show up and disrupt your enemy for an hour or 2.
It would increase the risk of hauling and therefore provide even more PvP opportunities.

Epi on Beta would do far more to improve the game than any type of spark cooldown greater than 5 minutes ever will.

Prove me wrong. Not by repetitive posting, by actual logic.
Posted by someone who cares about the game surviving and flourishing rather than current game political landscape.

592 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-23 14:47:00)

Gunner wrote:

If you want an arcade game, go play World of Tanks, I am told its quite nice.

Oh the irony.  For someone who doesn't care about 1's and 0's you seem to be ranting and raving quite a bit gunner.  But please continue with this all-knowing "Vision" BS you speak of, I find it mildly entertaining.

No one, who is suggesting changing the spark system, seems to realize that IF a large player base comes in with steam launch, our alliance will not be able to hold all the Betas.  It will go back to each corp holding 1 or 2.  Then guess what balances sparking:  The lock-out mechanic.

So, lets end this once and for all.

@ DEV Zoom, if there is a large influx of players with the steam launch do you and the rest of the DEV's feel the Spark system is a broken mechanic?  I would also like to point out the this mechanic must be looked at through the eyes of a larger players base with multiple power blocks, not the current situation.

593 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 14:46:18)

Martha Stuart wrote:

our alliance will not be able to hold all the Betas.  It will go back to each corp holding 1 or 2.

With no changes to sparking, you will not hold a single beta OP some big corp/alliance will hold all because that big alliance can be anywhere at anytime, then you will realize it needs changing.

RIP PERPETUUM

594 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-23 14:50:19)

At the Height of CIR/M2S Power they didn't even hold half the stations, so your point is basically some prophecy of Doom that will never occur.  Its never been done,except now and we only did it because no one was fighting for them. So long as there are multiple sides to fight for them the will be owned by different corps.

Martha Stuart wrote:

At the Height of CIR/M2S Power they didn't even hold half the stations, so your point makes no sense.  its never been done, or will it ever so long as there are multiple sides to fight for them

LoL that actually proves my point, back then there was no sparking.

RIP PERPETUUM

596 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-23 14:53:21)

Celebro wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

At the Height of CIR/M2S Power they didn't even hold half the stations, so your point makes no sense.  its never been done, or will it ever so long as there are multiple sides to fight for them

Where the hell have you been for the past year?  CIR was playing 6 months ago, as was Chaos.  With the Spark system in place.  if I remember correctly they had 4-5 Beta's at most.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

Where the hell have you been for the past year?  CIR was playing 6 months ago.  With the Spark system in place

Yes, like in 2nd gear. Anyways they could have if they wanted to.

RIP PERPETUUM

598 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-23 14:56:34)

Celebro wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Where the hell have you been for the past year?  CIR was playing 6 months ago.  With the Spark system in place

Yes, like in 2nd gear. Anyways they could have if they wanted to.

Would, Could, Should.  NO ONE DID IT.  So again, this is like a holy man wearing a sandwich board professing "The End is Neigh".  Plain and simple, it never happened.  As of right now, Beta's are so worthless that the only reason we did it was s***s and giggles

Martha Stuart wrote:

@ DEV Zoom, if there is a large influx of players with the steam launch do you and the rest of the DEV's feel the Spark system is a broken mechanic?  I would also like to point out the this mechanic must be looked at through the eyes of a larger players base with multiple power blocks, not the current situation.

I don't know about the others but if you ask me, I don't think it's broken even if a million players come in. Yes it's a different game than it was before, but I wouldn't call it broken. But that's why we have all of you to provide sane feedback if we go bonkers on something.

600 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 15:04:15)

The motivation or reason to own all betas is not valid. If the possibility is there, then that's what needs to be delt with. Superior numbers is the name of the game now, everyone execpt the ones with more active players, sees this, including Zoom. As you can see he is looking for a solution and he has actually suggested a few.

Edit: I didnt see Zoom's post above.

RIP PERPETUUM