Re: Armor repper tuning change

в первые дни игры у меня был любимый робот арка который сливался от двух мобов ,через пару месяцев у меня появился штурм и легкий рэб странно но они так же сливались от двух мобов (игроков) прошло еше несколько месяцев штурм подрос и стал мехом досадно но его все так же убивает 2 моба ,400+EP месмер т4 фул фит труп от двух выстрелов 2 игроков ,к чему стремиться?

http://www.youtube.com/user/StuG210?fea … 7shMM2gapc

http://www.youtube.com/user/StuG210?fea … AmsmGBfSTg

верх пвп штурм в т1 фите)

55 (edited by S t u G 2011-08-26 20:39:54)

а это именно то что убили патчем
http://www.youtube.com/user/StuG210?fea … zzfdq73WDg

56 (edited by S t u G 2011-08-26 20:48:42)

http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=3093

http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=3547

Then the vids and kills, S t u G what your opinion ? big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Guys its ok, The game is going in a direction of linear play.... DPS speed fit vs DPS speed fit.

There will be no reason to counter fit, tank, think while fighting soon. Its ok all you need to do is midnlessly run and lock each other.

Its to hard for some people to understand tactics and using there brain to figure out logical things for example.

Heres a fun fact.

When i was engaged for 2 hours against 12 players with a Dev watching and caused the first ERP Nerf, i only came close to death once. That was when 2 allied kains showed up and all of my attackers began shooting at them but kept draining me with 3 tyrannos with neut's. Little did they realize that when not firing they finally drained my cap, but lucky for me they were brain dead monkeys on a keyboard and let me sit there for 3 mins and regain my cap.

TL:DR sometimes not shooting first will grant you victory.

PS: i hated going 47 KPH

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

59 (edited by Alexadar 2011-08-26 21:54:50)

First ERP nerf was awesome and brilliant: after first nerfб, erp generated more cap when cap was nearly 50%. That was awesome nerf for the players who controlling their cap, because if you know how to use your capacitor, then even nerfed in this way erp will be handy.

Im agree ERP deserved small nerf because my gropho tanked 2 dps mesmers easily, and this is too much, acording to rock-paper-scissors logic.

Then devs had to nerf erp tanking, and they decided again to kill 2 rabbits: fix ballance and save sinking ship. Well, you cant cover 2 holes with 1 ***, and balance shifted twice to the lwf+dps squads, allow noobs to play moar fun. If players leaving this game, you will only hold this process with such patches guys. To prevent dying some global changes should be announced and happened. I proposed an idea btw http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … le-future/ Its not a best solution, but i tried at least.

Will translate what Stug wants to say:
At last he fited a bot what can hold 2+ enemy DPS bots, what tank should do in general. Then tanking was nerfed, and expensive tanks lost efficiensy+cost advantage, allowing speed+dps fit take this place.

Why tanks was so nerfed? Players couldnt kill them? Pizdec... Fit 5 assauls with suppressors and neuts and few heavy tanks is down. 5 CHEAP assaults.

Пиз**ц...

Error wrote:

Maybe you should watch CHAOS' video how they kill Lemon in his Artemis with Assault Bots?

That was t1 bots fyi. I dont want to say that Lemon failed, he done awesome job with fitting. I want to say EVEN with t1 FIT you could do a counterfit.
But if you spending TONNS of f***ng hours to mine some epri for specialized fit, then this fit should work effectively. Pre nerfer tank had awesome effectivity+cost coeficient, for example...

We can take comfort in fact that nerfs like this are not permanent, balance is ever-shifting. So, now we can stockpile mods that are underpowered & useless today; so they wait a time when they aren't so useless.

It was always like this, first yellow nerf so many intakt & intakt mk2 sitting in stockpile collecting dust, then green nerf so many waspish & gropho sitting in stockpile, now blue nerf so now kain & mesmer sit in stockpile.

At least now there is no need to fit T4, can achieve same result with T1 and just apply more manpower to the task. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I generally agree with the Chaos guys -> the tuning nerf is bad.

The real overpowered module was the ERP and that nerf is a good one.  Someone in an ERP tank could easily regen 100+ accum/sec, which in turn made the 3+ tuning/med rep overpowered as you could run it indefinitely.

Without the ERP, the pre-nerfed tunings were fine, as without the ERP module, repping depended on fitting, skills, and accumulator management.  Now the rep tunings are junk as the repper modules rep so slowly for so little that you need 8 or 9 tunings fitted to a get good rep tank.

Green bots, here I come...

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

63 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-08-27 17:33:16)

No the tuning nerf was needed, it was tested by multiple people and it was found one could make some pretty nasty tanks. PvP isn't and shouldn't be counter pvp, then it's just rock-paper-scissors. Also the fits for pvp shouldn't encourage bringing numbers, especially with the population the way it is.

should have just nerfed erps considerably

Mara Kaid wrote:

No the tuning nerf was needed, it was tested by multiple people and it was found one could make some pretty nasty tanks. PvP isn't and shouldn't be counter pvp, then it's just rock-paper-scissors. Also the fits for pvp shouldn't encourage bringing numbers, especially with the population the way it is.

whats the bad thing about tanks?
what is the good thing about "speed + range = everything that matters" -> why should this the only possible pvp base?

did you really need high numbers to kill a single ERP tank? Did it need much more to kill multiple ERP tanks?

perhaps it needed a bit of adjustment, but i agree with everyone who says it was to much.

IMHO removing the effecto of optimized/economical armor usage extension from repair tunings would have been more then enough.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Except fits for PVP now encourage ONLY bringing superior numbers to every fight. Tanks are actually ideal to block superior numbers because they could take the punishment.

So yup, now its speed + DPS + range. Optimum roam = enough DPS for alpha-striking targets.

Also, its pretty obvious that Mara & his feedback through the "imaginary skype community hotline" is the source of this nerf.

Quite ironically, you obviously had no idea what the fit was. Tanks were fit with X4 T4 Armor Repair Tunings, T4 Medium Injector. A T4 ERP was something only fitted on Artemis Mk2 and/or Heavy Mechs, because they were the only bots which had enough leg slots to warrant building a module that requires Espitium and Briochit for every step in between T1 and T4.

There was nothing wrong or overpowered with a fit that required immense expense of Briochit & Espitium & Alligor, it was good but not that good. Suceptible to ECM, killed by any form of Neutralizers and/or Drainers, all it required to counter was a bit of thinking outside of the box.

So, congratulations on following in Styx's footsteps and establishing a nice little Skype hotline to the Developers.

It's almost like someone carefully manipulated these events, pulling and prodding strings of each puppet just enough to get the desired result... a playing field where inexhaustible manpower is all that matters. lol

Now, lets get back to our lovely game where suddenly numbers are even more important, and there is no danger of tank-fits stopping a wave of expendable bots. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

What puppets?
Are you drunk?
'Cus I am, and still have no idea what secret skype hotline are you talking about but if it exists I wanna take part in it!:D

Wait you all do realize that my new tank is now 2-3x stronger than my lemon ever was right?

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

im reporting it to the skype hotline as we speak

Lemon wrote:

Wait you all do realize that my new tank is now 2-3x stronger than my lemon ever was right?

if your talking about your seth... i still cannot figure out how...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

71 (edited by Sundial 2011-08-28 04:21:05)

Annihilator wrote:
Lemon wrote:

if your talking about your seth... i still cannot figure out how...

I am not sure how shields are calculated. Assuming multiplicative addition subtracting bonus from 1.

Post Patch:
0.5 - Generator
.30 - Improved Shielding
.325 - T4 Hardener
.325 - T4 Hardener
.325 - T4 Hardener
.325 - T4 Hardener
0.5 - Seth Bonus

>>> 0.5 * .70 * 0.675 * 0.675 * 0.675 * 0.675 * 0.5

Pre Patch:
1.0 - Generator
.30 - Improved Shielding
.75 - T4 Hardener
.75 - T4 Hardener
.75 - T4 Hardener
.75 - T4 Hardener
0.3 - Seth Bonus

>>> 1.0 * .70 * 0.25 * 0.25 * 0.25 * 0.25 * 0.7

Seems the Seth could shield tank better before the nerf by spamming hardeners (captain obvious here)

With 2 T4 Hardeners:

Pre Patch:
>>> 1.0 * .70 * 0.25 * 0.25 * 0.7

Post Patch:
>>> 0.5 * .70 * 0.325 * 0.325 * 0.5

Shield tanking is more effective with less hardeners post patch, but less effective with more hardeners (captain obvious here)

If Lemons fit had less shield hardeners, its obviously more effective now (captain obvious here again)

TLDR:
I don't know numbers for ERP tanking our how accumulator recharging / injecting fit into this picture. But If Lemon was using 2 hardeners, we can at least say his absorption rate has increased 39.6%, taking other factors in account that could mean he is alot more tanky.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial -
i reversed the numbers he told me on IRC with the real shield math, and my conclusion was:
wherever he got those numbers, he did them on a spreadsheet where he missed to adjust the shield hardeners to the new values.

and no, it was not with only two shield hardeners, which now indeed are better then before, especially if your mech has a shield bonus, which the Seth has not anymore *hint*

If your corp does math that way, its absolutely no wonder that you had problems against a lemon-tank, which could be killed by less then a hand full of assaults

73 (edited by Inda 2011-08-28 11:35:34)

Mongolia, and others I wrote the real numbers before, was able to do repair: 2 sec /560 HP /220 AP this was OP (before patch), now 5,4 sec others same, not ERP was OP.

Let chack now numbers if you use repper tunings you can 5,4 sec rap, before 2 times quicker. If now the ERP wasnt nerf you dont able to do tank out of 2-3 mech because you cant use that energy anything. So ERP dosent matter for that.

This is not hard to understand if anybody with numbers can real confute this, pleas do it.

SO the repper tuning was OP. The nerf was good in my opinion, but I didnt wining for that I used that.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

74 (edited by Mongolia Jones 2011-08-28 12:51:44)

Inda wrote:

Mongolia, and others I wrote the real numbers before, was able to do repair: 2 sec /560 HP /220 AP this was OP (before patch), now 5,4 sec others same, not ERP was OP.

I Disagree.

Your example above 560hp/220ap/2sec means that repping comes at a cost of 110ap/sec.  No mech or module combo (without an ERP) comes close to that kind of ap/sec regen.

Inda, how many reps cycles can you run before running your accumulator dry?

It was balanced because you could only do it for about 15 or 20 seconds before your accumulator ran dry.

With the intro of the ERP, you could get 120+ ap/sec now THAT'S overpowered.  How many accum rechargers, aux rechargers, and injectors do you need to get to that kind of recharge?

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

I was able to repair 5600 HP before my accu dry, this was too much.
Now just ~ 2000-3000.

You cant use accu if you cant repair out, you can shoot out these ERP guys, before you cant shoot wtihout erp, because he culd 5600 HP rep.

Energy to Earth!