Re: Server load issues in the last 48 hours

DEV Calvin wrote:

The issue seems to be resolved, the relay server went from 100% load to around 5%.

Awsome work big_smile

Also, thanks for all the communication during this time.  It is one of the things that i realy love about this game, and is really appreciated.

DEV Calvin wrote:

The issue seems to be resolved, the relay server went from 100% load to around 5%.

We are administering 4 days of free game time to all subscribed and trial accounts.

Thank you all for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience!

I can't speak for anyone but the way I see it the way you guys handled this problem, if you did not offer us time I would not have kicked up a fuss or anything.
You guys have already exceeded my expectations by being honest and quick to acknowledge the problem, work on it and get it solved properly.

Grats on your fix, I know that's got to feel good.
Have some beers, take some time off big_smile

Thank you Gentelemen....now...boost EMP guns and nerf everything else plox

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is pure, unadultearated VIOLENCE.

almost 600 concurrent players and no crash in sight!! Woo

Now all that is missing is shatteredcrystal getting restocked smile

Yay for working server! Gratz DEVs!!

Take a rest, we all appreciate you did it!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Great work as always. Thanks for all the hard work and thanks to all the new players to be so very supportive and patient. Now its time to get the booze out and heat up those guns. This community keeps amazing me smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Out of professionall curiousity, what was the main problem?

Constructor wrote:

Out of professionall curiousity, what was the main problem?

per ardua, "too many customers?", ad astra.

I too just wanted to throw my thanks your way. Everything you have done so far has been right. From the constant communication to the AWESOME effort you guys have put in, plus the numerous other points covered previously, I have been very impressed with all of the Devs and GMs.

I can't speak for everyone, but I will just say that our TS lit up with cheers when the patch was released and working.

Sorry about the long hours, but I am glad a bug was revealed as a result of people joining your game. I can tell you that your response has gone a long way in showing people that they should want to stay here with you.

Thanks again guys. Keep it up!

361 (edited by Jack Paladin 2011-06-30 10:53:05)

Nice work Devs ... when can we expect Perpfest? We must go on a pub crawl to celebrate!

The DEV's and GM's know what to do. The moment they seen that there is something happening outside their game (quite possibly thanks to a post of a community member, sorry forgot your name) did everything to accommodate the new players. That shown that they want the game to succeed, no matter if is it for economical reasons or other, and at the same time be human enough in everything they do. They will not please everyone, sometimes they won't please even the majority of the players, but they will do what they think is right. When an issue is raised, it will be taken care of in one way or another. The limited resources they have only made things go slower and not at a lower quality. I hope they are going to get a test server soon from the (I hope) influx of money from new subs.   

Big kudos to everyone involved in creating perpetuum the way it is today and kudos for everyone from EVE being patient and not ragequiting the second there are some problems, hope you are here to stay.

My last shout out is to everyone helping the new people in ways of sharing experience, NIC, bots, mods and other ways I can't think of right now. Even if some of you think that CIR is trying to zerg it out by buying loyalty or that the lolpirates are making a push for new members and their little lolplans. That doesn't matter. It only shows that the game can be played in more that one, valid way.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

You people are giving me a sugar high with your happiness. >.>

I think there's a few Dev's that can sleep comfy tonight and remove their sleeping bags from the server room lol

Raife wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:
Raife wrote:

Might as well just bolt dude. Take the hit and scram. Your account is being compensated when this is all fixed, they don't owe you a refund. If you can't or won't accept that, then there is no help for you. Seeing as you are the only one so far who has had this little issue, it's fairly safe to say you are alone.

I have not asked for a refund ? I was aggreeing with a dude on some of his issues. He was the one who wanted a refund.

Wow, second time I get an insulting respone, guess im not the only one who is a bit touchy over not being able to play. Or is it just how you always act ?

For reasons other than the game not working, this starts to feel like a mistake. One only has to air a little critiscism about how things are handled and you get manhandled in the forums. l o l. Would it help if I said I really like the game ? big_smile

My bad, that wasn't intended for you. It was of course for spawnster. It was a misquote that was completely my fault, and I apologize.

yikes

is this still the internet? i've never seen someone post sorry before!

/witty sig

Siff wrote:
DEV Calvin wrote:

We are administering 4 days of free game time to all subscribed and trial accounts.

You guys rock.

i thought you were a dev because you are blue

/witty sig

devs, if you handle yourselves like this every time a crisis comes up, you've earned my two subs.

to recap, you

• took full responsibility
    said you were sorry
    worked hard to fix it
    kept us updated

keep up the good work!

/witty sig

The only way we will be able to fully thank this team of game-makers is by playing the game now the way it is meant to be played.

Load up your weapons, charge your miners, deploy your mechs.

And that the best team wins ...

DEV Calvin wrote:

Great work dev team, you rock!

LouiseI wrote:

Load up your weapons, charge your miners, deploy your mechs.

srsly

best...dev...team...ever

kudos!

Thanks Dev/GMs for all the hard work... Plug the toaster back in now, and give the hampsters some extra water they are gonna need it when the pop hits 1k again.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

373 (edited by Arga 2011-06-30 17:21:46)

Ok, I was really hoping the thread would reach 500, but now that this issue is fixed, I'm going to have to rely on 127 "good Job" post instead of QQ's. That's a much more difficult goal guys, but lets try!

BTW - we sort of put a lot of posts in other threads too while you were all busy  wink

Super job, looking forward to hearing how great you are in the Blog (do not apply sarcasm here)!

Edit: adjusted count due to poor math skills

374 (edited by Shadowfly 2011-06-30 17:34:19)

Jaik3 wrote:

devs, if you handle yourselves like this every time a crisis comes up, you've earned my two subs.

to recap, you

• took full responsibility
    said you were sorry
    worked hard to fix it
    kept us updated

keep up the good work!

I agree with this assessment - I give you an "A"

To get the "A+", please share with us -

- That you studied how this problem was introduced into the environment

- From that understanding, you have put in place steps to prevent that sequence of events, or similar events, from occurring again

Regards

500 posts... hmm.  Well, watch this graph:  http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png  cause .."I've seen quite a few graphs in my time" .. lol, and unless the server is going to even out to a consistent serverload regardless of the hour of the day, might end up adjusting the Y-axis on this thing in the next 12 hours.. wink

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.