Re: A Dead Parrot's Lament

Syndic wrote:

Soviet Novastrov prefers not to stoop so low and call other players sheep or cows, we are in a temporary Non-Agression Pact with the Norhoop alliance with clearly defined goals and ideals. When our goals are achieved - and not a day sooner, as far as SovNov is concerned - we will reset our standings and return to shooting at each other in friendly, open PVP that we all enjoy, with enough room for everyone in the game to grow and prosper at their own pace.

Until that happens, we can all rejoice in the continued propaganda about the best interest of Perpetuum, from our favorite corporation whose ultimate goal is the destruction, manipulation and domination of everything that is not 'them'; regarding the big bad zerg threatening this and that.

I can't help but appreciate the clever strategy at work here.

Clearly you know that the serverwide alliance isn't helping the game become any more interesting but as you have repeatedly stated, you don't care and you know that the people you have gathered around you will never question your motives as long as your assistance gives them a change to face M2S and actually win.

By stating that all that needs to happen for the alliance to be dissolved is the disbandment of M2S you successfully divert responsibility for this NAP-fest from yourself over to us claiming that our existence forces these proceedings and there is no alternative to them.

While you realize that this is not true for CIR as your corp contributes half the effective fighting strength of the alliance forces, you are also aware that from the perspective of your allies it really does look like there is no other way to deal with us.

As a result you can rely on a meat shield limiting your losses and you have reduced all possible threats to your corps operations to a bare minimum.

The most intriguing part of this entire plan is that you are well aware that you can't win this. You know there is nothing the game mechanics allow you to do to actually remove us from the game or strike some crippling blow to our asstes that we wouldn't be able to recover from. Therefore your plan isn't to remove us from the game, it's to have the opportunity to build up in peace in preparation for things to come in the future.

You should be done with the tech tree for a while now and from here it's just about amassing more resources for the day when holding territory actually become beneficial and the necessity arises to demonstrate your capability to fight an extended war over it's control. You will be in the advantageous position to be the strongest cohesive entity on the server and as a result in a very good bargaining position to strike deals with potential satellite entities to use as buffer between the frontline and your own assets.

In essence, while everyone believes this is somehow about removing M2S from the game, what it actually achieves is the strengthening of CIRs position. And people like smokey even eagerly and voluntarily doing your work for you.

Those poor little sheep are completely oblivious to the fact that they are being used as tools from both ends. We only want to kill them and you just have them around because they are cheap.

This is so deviously beautiful it makes me shiver. You're doing an admirable job, Syndic. smile

I only see scam and insults.
Let me quote your CEO on something he said to me when i was trying to find a way for coexistence:

<[M2S]Styx>     That's pretty much it, blowing things up and griefing people. You know what sort of corp we are right?

Oh and btw m2p is nothing new: www.menacetoperpetuum.com

AgY wrote:

Let me quote your CEO on something he said to me when i was trying to find a way for coexistence

You mean because people like Jita and Smokey have such a vital interest in coexisting with us?
Do they even know you go behind their backs and try to work out deals with their enemies?

29 (edited by Gut Punch 2011-06-02 19:23:48)

Friedrich Psitalon wrote:

FOOM is full of people like me - we do enough industry to supply us with things to make and go boom. Then we go looking for people to shoot. Being primarily North American and ranging across the continent, our ops tend to begin around 02-03:00, give/take. We've done this on three occasions, now, and discovered exactly the same problem all three times:

No targets. These islands are a tomb at this time of day. You have to - quite literally - arrange a fight in order to get any targets at all, and arranging a fight when you're the new guys has a bad habit of getting you impressively dead. (Not that this stops us... it's just frustrating.)

This isn't a "Oh god we got spanked" nor a "We think you cheated" or even a "Game is unbalancedzor!"

It's a "No one else is here to play the game with us."

...and that's a pretty damn serious problem, folks. We do NOT want to quit, because we really like the game, but we didn't come here to build pretty bots and throw them them at NPCs all day.

Discuss. sad

Quoting the OP for re-emphasis and to get back on topic.  This isn't the corporation subforum and we aren't interested in which side the the current political fence feels they have the most polished tin star and white hat.

What we are interested in is trying to get more people out into the beta islands during US time zones.

It was never about "working out deals" wink I was trying to find out about your main goals and if theres room for friendly PvP.
Actually i was thinking about organizing some PvP events.

But one of your main goals is to grief people. sad

31 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-02 19:26:51)

Syndic wrote:

You won't find any europeans roaming around at 5-6 in the morning. People have work & other obligations.

Soviet Novastrov prefers....

Blah Blah spin.

What a bunch of horse crap. Nothing like hearing a leader full of fear in loosing his outpost.

The server forgets the way you use to pvp on them in a "friendly" manner. How when you grew bored you assaulted new players on norhoop, asking them to join your ranks so you could swell in numbers while openly mocking them and being a sour sport when you lost.

But the "phantom mennace" makes them forget, so they team up with you for now. Because they have member problems, since they can't have enough tactic or cleverness to outwit 15 guys on a computer with alts.

It's ok syndic, you'll absorb the guys that get burnt out, and have the pet corporations of norhoop now live and farm on your island, which helps you pay taxes.<-- I hope allied corps see this and think this. You're marching to a guy afraid to loose his pixels, and leaders that just want more members.

It's a clever , deceitful way to get members, and members in your alliance are starting to admit to the truthfulness of it.

32 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-02 19:29:42)

Gut Punch wrote:

What we are interested in is trying to get more people out into the beta islands during US time zones.

Contact the giant zerg, and so long as you come out in proper fit bots that they don't loose so much, or you don't threaten them, well you'll get a station or two! Just ask RG how this deal works for them.

If you do threaten them, well ....

Just like fighting FOOM. If I bring 5 guys in assaults vs 15 assaults/ewars/1 mech and die fast it's a good fight. Like nwar brings 2 assaullts vs 10 assaults it's a good fight.

However if I bring 5 mechs vs 15 assaults and lights, its a BAD fight for FOOM.

You see as long as you play the dumb deer , you're fun to play with, but bring an equal force with skill and it's over.

AgY, as much as I respect 62nd for putting on the tourneys and people who have tried to setup on par fights outside stations or gates...  Structured PVP does nothing but benefit people with higher tier items and larger accumulated EP pools.  Even if you try and level the items playing field, there is a dramatic difference between 60K and 250K EP.  Tactics and the element of suprise is really necessary for a good PVP experience in a sandbox game.  People need to want to be out doing things in the betas and in smaller groups.  It shouldn't require 15 of your friends to feel you could be effective in 50% of the possible engagements.

34 (edited by Blue Ball 2011-06-02 19:38:27)

Mara Kaid wrote:

since they can't have enough tactic or cleverness to outwit 15 guys on a computer with alts.

Lets focus on this part of your rant for a second.

Now it took 62nd 2 weeks to figure out how to combat a single mech in pvp. The solution? zerg him with 5+ mechs and have refit mechs ready as he pops them.

Now that we have covered how 62nd's own tactically superiority over  a single player lets move on to the credibility of a corporation to rant and bark like that little dog behind a window safe from the outside world of beta.

Its ok Mara... we will all continue to walk by waving and laughing as you jump in the window for attention safe on in your alpha.

All bark no bite.... just as e-corp was before they perished under CIR. Remember those fateful wars that sparked your demise "I WILL QUIET LITERALLY FACE ***K YOU" may they always be ringing in your safe alpha terminals, reminding you of your previous attempts at real pvp life.

EXAMPLE: http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af3 … Edited.png

P.S. 3 of them are refits (1 being decon back in his mk2 after losing his mesmur to Lemon)

Mara Kaid wrote:

Just like fighting FOOM. If I bring 5 guys in assaults vs 15 assaults/ewars/1 mech and die fast it's a good fight. Like nwar brings 2 assaullts vs 10 assaults it's a good fight.

You see as long as you play the dumb deer , you're fun to play with, but bring an equal force with skill and it's over.

Mara, if we tell you how many people, fit for roam, in assaults and lights are going to be at a particular spot while we twiddle our thumbs and you show up with 10 people in mechs, Mk2s, and heavy ewars...  yeah it is a bad fight.  Hence why structured pvp is a farce.

Blue Ball wrote:

I'd focus on what you say blue ball, but you've sat in general talking so much trash making yourself look so hypocritical that now you're just a laughing stock to my corp we use to egg on fights with CIR.

Can you re-roll again and come up with more "glorious" ideas so we can get some good videos of us just stomping on you?

You're so angry and upset with me, you picture me raging but what I'm really doing is chuckling again at watching another cir member talk trash to its opponents with a big zerg behind its back. That's the ironic part.

37 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-02 19:42:03)

Gut Punch wrote:

Mara, if we tell you how many people, fit for roam, in assaults and lights are going to be at a particular spot while we twiddle our thumbs and you show up

Gut you realize that we took on forces of 5 mechs with what you had, even lesser numbers, and came out ontop with kills. We didn't have high skills in light bot then either. You could have easily killed 3-4 of us, after loosing your fleet and it would have been a good fight. I do not think it would have been a slaughter as your leaders thought.

We've taken on 5 heavy mechs using assaults/ewars/light bots, and killed 1, managed to get away. It's doable.

38 (edited by Blue Ball 2011-06-02 19:43:29)

Mara Kaid wrote:

wait im done... my post covered all of it.

Blue Ball wrote:
Mara Kaid wrote:

Im sorry.... What zerg behind me? (refer to screen shot above)

You're pretty angry blue. Good thing you 1on5 people, then make it a good old CIR 15v5, right when your friends come. lol zerg reasoning at its best.

You upset dude I point out your falsehoods? I think you are. Better calm down.

40 (edited by Grim Faust 2011-06-02 20:00:53)

Mara Kaid wrote:

Contact the giant zerg, and so long as you come out in proper fit bots that they don't loose so much, or you don't threaten them, well you'll get a station or two! Just ask RG how this deal works for them.

If you do threaten them, well ....

Your post is confusing. Are you mad about last night? The other night before that? I don't know.

When we engaged you the other night with our '15 assaults/ewars/1 mech ' You came looking for us after you saw we were heading to beta and you knew what we had. We didn't go looking for you, we were looking for fights in general. Anyone we find when we go on roams, we kill. If it just so happens we meet an enemy and we lose, we don't care.

If you're mad about last night? Your buddy Immortal Death was farming on a Beta island. You guys of all people should know that Beta isn't a place you're just free to do as you please. If you go out on Beta alone, you're on borrowed time.

After we killed Immortal, we offered your corp a fair fight. We stopped our roam and told you where we were. You knew what we had, where we were and you had our attention and invitation for a good time. Instead of bringing something when you actually had a genuine opportunity for a fair fight, your corp brought 5 mechs and 2 light ewar (some of which were MK2) to deal with 8 assaults and 4 lights with low EP and T1 gear.

Then when we leave your corp starts whining in general about how we ganked immortal and that we had no right to leave in disgust. We didn't choose to gank him, we encountered him by chance. Our arrangement with your corp afterwards wasn't chance, both parties knew what was about to go down and where, yet your corp grossly ruined that  opportunity.

You always trumpet on these forums about fair fights and all about how 62nd wants things to be even and then last night you go and do something like that? Your corp just lost a great deal of respect last night. Maybe you don't care about what we do or what we think of you, but you should chew on that  before you post again about your ideal 'fair fight'.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

I could go back and dig up all the posts which stated, "This game needs more space, that will fix it". It has not.

The concept and tactical expediency of the "roam" have diverged and has been diluted down to 'trying to find things to blow up'.

The tactical reason for roaming is to limit/deny resources to your enemy to weaken them. If a corporation or alliance is not aggressing, there is no reason for them to go roaming, nor to defend against the roam if they are not being denied resources.

This whole concept of PVP 'fun roam' is in place to relieve the bordom brought on by the lack of any real need for strategic use of tactical roams, but from the 'targets' perspective if they aren't looking for 'fun' there is no need for them to be simply 'targets' to relieve someone else's bordom.

Perpetuum has PVP, but it isn't a FPS or arena game, and players that join expecting to just log in and have 'fun' are the ones that leave and/or don't resub.

What the game is missing is 'Motivation', but it has to be motivation for corporations to 'agress' not enhancements to the player-generated activity of 'fun roam'. Provide stragetic reasons to 'roam', tactical targets to 'attack', and the 'fun' will take care of itself.

bureaucracy wrote:

I can't help but appreciate the clever strategy at work here.

Clearly you know that the serverwide alliance isn't helping the game become any more interesting but as you have repeatedly stated, you don't care and you know that the people you have gathered around you will never question your motives as long as your assistance gives them a change to face M2S and actually win.

By stating that all that needs to happen for the alliance to be dissolved is the disbandment of M2S you successfully divert responsibility for this NAP-fest from yourself over to us claiming that our existence forces these proceedings and there is no alternative to them.

While you realize that this is not true for CIR as your corp contributes half the effective fighting strength of the alliance forces, you are also aware that from the perspective of your allies it really does look like there is no other way to deal with us.

As a result you can rely on a meat shield limiting your losses and you have reduced all possible threats to your corps operations to a bare minimum.

The most intriguing part of this entire plan is that you are well aware that you can't win this. You know there is nothing the game mechanics allow you to do to actually remove us from the game or strike some crippling blow to our asstes that we wouldn't be able to recover from. Therefore your plan isn't to remove us from the game, it's to have the opportunity to build up in peace in preparation for things to come in the future.

You should be done with the tech tree for a while now and from here it's just about amassing more resources for the day when holding territory actually become beneficial and the necessity arises to demonstrate your capability to fight an extended war over it's control. You will be in the advantageous position to be the strongest cohesive entity on the server and as a result in a very good bargaining position to strike deals with potential satellite entities to use as buffer between the frontline and your own assets.

In essence, while everyone believes this is somehow about removing M2S from the game, what it actually achieves is the strengthening of CIRs position. And people like smokey even eagerly and voluntarily doing your work for you.

Those poor little sheep are completely oblivious to the fact that they are being used as tools from both ends. We only want to kill them and you just have them around because they are cheap.

This is so deviously beautiful it makes me shiver. You're doing an admirable job, Syndic. smile

Dear Pontifex,

Your in-depth analysis of our simple and honest agreement is quite disturbing in some respects. Meat shields, pets, taxes, grinding people out of the game, territory control, domination... is that all that is worthwhile focusing on in M2S? What happened to simply... enjoying the game and being happy with what you have?

Mara Kaid wrote:

What a bunch of horse crap. Nothing like hearing a leader full of fear in loosing his outpost.

The server forgets the way you use to pvp on them in a "friendly" manner. How when you grew bored you assaulted new players on norhoop, asking them to join your ranks so you could swell in numbers while openly mocking them and being a sour sport when you lost.

But the "phantom mennace" makes them forget, so they team up with you for now. Because they have member problems, since they can't have enough tactic or cleverness to outwit 15 guys on a computer with alts.

It's ok syndic, you'll absorb the guys that get burnt out, and have the pet corporations of norhoop now live and farm on your island, which helps you pay taxes.<-- I hope allied corps see this and think this. You're marching to a guy afraid to loose his pixels, and leaders that just want more members.

It's a clever , deceitful way to get members, and members in your alliance are starting to admit to the truthfulness of it.

While it does make me and the rest of the boys laugh when you spit venom and rave like a lunatic on the forums about the big bad zerg, I do have to point out things - just to poke you more into another lunatic rant so we can continue laughing.

First and foremost, I do not get "bored", my patience is limitless. We did not assault any "new players" on Norhoop, we came over and burned down the island looking for you and your 62nd. They fought honorably, killed us a few times we killed them a few times - you however with your superior tactical skills and elite PVPers, were hiding on Alpha and letting them die.

Then again, I don't blame you for not fighting - your members that played during EU prime time were grinded out of the game in a mere 3 weeks of getting annihilated every time they stepped foot into Beta. It is a credit and the biggest praise you give us continually every day for months now, that you quite simply don't dare step foot on the island while we're online.

By all means now - continue raving about cows, zergs, blobs, fair fights, etc. You've been playing the same tune since we finished off what was left of your Vindictive comedy, M2S picked up what players were worth something from the ruins, and left you to smoulder on Alpha.

Nobody is listening to you. Every corporation you have been with before 62nd has died, every alliance disbanded, every coalition dissolved with you sitting on the curb crying yourself to sleep. The new corps will be listening to you for a while, until they realize whats under the surface.

Quite simply, youre whining about people losing pixels. You lost all of yours already. The only time you'll own territory is a PVP-open zone will be the interrim of M2S letting you hold it for a while, and us being occupied with more important matters before burning you to the ground.

Now go back to your dounce seat and let the grown-ups talk little one.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Arga wrote:

The tactical reason for roaming is to limit/deny resources to your enemy to weaken them. If a corporation or alliance is not aggressing, there is no reason for them to go roaming, nor to defend against the roam if they are not being denied resources.

This whole concept of PVP 'fun roam' is in place to relieve the bordom brought on by the lack of any real need for strategic use of tactical roams, but from the 'targets' perspective if they aren't looking for 'fun' there is no need for them to be simply 'targets' to relieve someone else's bordom.

What the game is missing is 'Motivation', but it has to be motivation for corporations to 'agress' not enhancements to the player-generated activity of 'fun roam'. Provide stragetic reasons to 'roam', tactical targets to 'attack', and the 'fun' will take care of itself.

I agree.  I also think its critical to find motivation for both sides of the equation.  The people who decide to setup shop in beta outposts need to get something more for their efforts.  Under current mechanics, as far as we can tell, there isn't a benefit to "being out there". 

On the flipside, more motivation for roaming needs to happen.  Travel time and the dichotomy between light and mechs discourages more people from stepping into the betas just for the hell of it.

44 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-02 20:03:25)

Grim Faust wrote:

You always trumpet on these forums about fair fights and all about how 62nd wants things to be even and then last night you go and do something like that? Your corp just lost a great deal of respect last night. Maybe you don't care about what we do or what we think of you, but you should chew on that  before you post again about your ideal 'fair fight'.

I wasn't mad, just a bit dissapointed.

You were afraid to loose assaults and ewars / lights to mechs. We've lost countless on beta, and given we only had 5 mechs, you would have taken down at least 3 if you focused your fire. I estimated a 2:1 advantage on your side in numbers, and firepower.

From your view, and sayings it seems when people fight you with less mass it's ok, because you've "just started", but if people fight you with "equal mass/firepower" it's heinous, because on that specific fight I decided to use mechs instead of lights to compensate for the 2:1 disadvantage. It's like you think mechs are a huge space between lights, when they aren't. You need to go kill some with some lights, it's very doable.

Another point, previously I decided to let you have a disadvantage, and outnumber us 5 to 15 and when we died you said good fights. So what's a good fight?

But this time instead you threw up your hands and said you were "outgunner/skilled", total bs, we've taken on outnumbered/outgeared/outskilled fights countless times. Even though we loose ships we've killed twice or three times our value going down. I wish you would have had the same spirit. You would have killed 3 mechs easily, and the ewar you could have taken down. Your value in kills would have been at least 2x,3x your fleet worth.

So if I'm reading this thread right... people are whining because there are big alliances?

I realize I haven't been around long, but isn't there a reason the corp dialogue section of the forums exists?

Guns nButter wrote:

So if I'm reading this thread right... people are whining because there are big alliances?

I realize I haven't been around long, but isn't there a reason the corp dialogue section of the forums exists?

SSShhhh dont tell the Mod's we moved here or else its gonna get closed.

47 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-02 20:08:49)

syndic wrote:

I'm afraid of loosing my pixels

The fun thing is, you stop reading what syndic says and he gets more angry every time. It's ok syndic, make some deals with RG and the rest of them, they'll get their stations back and then you can have some "fun" pvp like you did before when you trolled and stomped on norhoop with m2s.

What's good though is that more players that join the game are coming from games he's been in where he wins by blobbing(ie mortal online, warhammer etc), and more corporations are starting to see the real truth behind the big zerg ie fear of loosing members and pixels.

Mara Kaid wrote:

I wasn't mad, just a bit dissapointed.

You were afraid to loose assaults and ewars / lights to mechs. We've lost countless on beta, and given we only had 5 mechs, you would have taken down at least 3 if you focused your fire. I estimated a 2:1 advantage on your side in numbers, and firepower.

From your view, and sayings it seems when people fight you with less mass it's ok, because you've "just started", but if people fight you with "equal mass/firepower" it's heinous, because on that specific fight I decided to use mechs instead of lights to compensate for the 2:1 disadvantage. It's like you think mechs are a huge space between lights, when they aren't. You need to go kill some with some lights, it's very doable.

Another point, previously I decided to let you have a disadvantage, and outnumber us 5 to 15 and when we died you said good fights. So what's a good fight?

But this time instead you threw up your hands and said you were "outgunner/skilled", total bs, we've taken on outnumbered/outgeared/outskilled fights countless times. Even though we loose ships we've killed twice or three times our value going down. I wish you would have had the same spirit. You would have killed 3 mechs easily, and the ewar you could have taken down. Your value in kills would have been at least 2x,3x your fleet worth.

We're not afraid of losses, we all fit with what we can afford to lose as going on a roam in to beta we expect to meet resistance of unknown proportions. Which for new pilots usually results in death.

You brought a force that would have clearly killed ours. CLEARLY. Which you also just noted we'd have lost. But you think the factor of us killing a couple of you would be amusing to us? Our FC is not stupid nor does he expect us to all lose our bots, just to let you guys wipe us off the map.

This was an arranged fight. Do you ask your weekly tournament entrants to fight the odds? No. Why? Because they wouldn't show up to hand you their NIC and leave with nothing. That's exactly what you asked of us last night. Maybe you would have lost some mechs, who knows. We don't really care.

When the outcome of a battle is unknown, that's when it's fun. It was up to your corp to bring what would be considered that fair fight you wanted. Instead, you brought a force you knew you'd win with and that we also knew exactly our fate when we saw you.

If you call that sporting and fun, I'm sorry, but our views very vastly.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Gut Punch wrote:

AgY, as much as I respect 62nd for putting on the tourneys and people who have tried to setup on par fights outside stations or gates...  Structured PVP does nothing but benefit people with higher tier items and larger accumulated EP pools.

You're wrong, and you're thinking in a narrow mindset.

Tournaments provide people a place where they can think about fittings/mechanics and try out various ship setups. In this setting they get more then their corp members to offer advice.

Tournaments provide people a place to get to know others, a place to learn contacts for information on mechanics.

Tournaments can and have been run with lower skilled ep players putting them against eachother. We have lower and higher tier brackets.

You are right in that structured pvp isn't all of pvp, but it will surely help you for unstructured pvp, as it has me when I down mechs in light bots.

50 (edited by Gut Punch 2011-06-02 20:25:07)

Mara,

As far as I know, the 5 assaults you guys threw at us a couple nights ago wasn't a predetermined event.  None of the FCs were contacted as far as I was told.  If you guys thought you were going to not have a chance to win that fight, then I don't understand why you did it.

But that is night and day when compared to last night.  You knew:

• Our numbers

• Our mech types

• The fact we were LWF/Roam fit

• A location we were going to be waiting

And then you bring Kain Mk2, 2 mech ewars, and a couple more mechs.

I'm sorry but we have no interest in just feeding people.  We don't feel that the older players deserve to hand out a free asswhooping to the noobies.  I (we) don't care if we get smoked on a roam because its random chance.  That, in fact, was the purpose of the roam last night.  I can guarentee you that if all those shiny toys were brought down on us while we were roaming 3 beta islands last night, we would have gf'ed in general and gone on about the night.

However, your corp mate's screaming in general about how we should have just fought a vastly superior size and equiped force have lost touch in the message you've been spreading.  I can understand the frustration of Immortal Death getting baited into dying and the desire to get a second wack at a fight.  But complaining about the lack of fights and then picking an obviously disproportional force to a setup event doesn't compute for where we are coming from.

And I'm done discussing that particular event.  FOOM's position was made clear in our political post.