1 (edited by Gremrod 2011-04-08 01:12:05)

Topic: Episode 2 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.c … episode-2/

Podcast has a new site.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

2 (edited by Jelan 2011-04-04 02:21:10)

Re: Episode 2 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

Signed publicity photos of Jelan are available at all good outlets

Will also pay 100 nic for each time I say "you know" to a charity of your choice lol

Are you sure you guys don't want a PROPER edit of the intro track? That loud *clunk* makes me shudder smile

Hell, I can drop you a jingle if needed.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

Are you sure you guys don't want a PROPER edit of the intro track? That loud *clunk* makes me shudder smile

Hell, I can drop you a jingle if needed.

That would be great! Sorry to make you shudder. smile

My major gripe is that Gremrod's volume is constantly going up and down, and you just have to keep playing with the listening volume if you don't want to miss anything and then not going deaf after a few seconds smile I don't know, maybe it's the autovolume feature of skype or something like that. It was in the first episode too, but I thought it would be just some temporary technical difficulty.

Another thing is the length, maybe you could have kept one of the interviews for the next episode? Or maybe it's just me but I kinda felt it was a tad too much for one episode.

But other than that I loved it again, especially the market analyzing part and of course the general feedback about the game. Here's hoping for more! smile

@Dev Zoom

Yes, I can't figure out what is going on with my volume. I think it could be my mic.

Yes, I think this one may have been a little too long. smile

Nice one, thank you guys for doing this... looking forward to more. And yes, this one was way to long... almost could have been 4 weekly or twice weekly casts tongue

Thanks Grem. Things like this make Perpetuum become alive. Along with events such as organised by 62nd...etc. - I want more of it.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Gremrod wrote:

@Dev Zoom

Yes, I can't figure out what is going on with my volume. I think it could be my mic.

Yes, I think this one may have been a little too long. smile

Use compressor plugin to normalize mic volume.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression

I found the Political Landscape a bit more comprehensive, this podcast is very much more "noob" friendly then the first one; certainly hands them the information - admittedly basic, just corp names since it would be far too long to talk why every corp thinks its a unique little snowflake. I would recommend a bit of "analysis commentaries" added to the Political Landscape, I was very much under the impression you guys went "ok Infestation and Dom cancelled their NAP... yeah... Anyway lets talk now about the market! Yay! The market!". It is after all, the most relevant event with a major player(and corp) impact that has happened recently, similar to the Civil War on Domhalarn back in the day which resulted in ~3 major corporations (according to the infographics anyway) shutting down/going inactive.

Market was very informative and concise, tho I will admit - being a communist - very uninteresting and dull for my personal tastes; considering my market interaction consists of telling my greasy-fat-sticky-fingered producers to post buy orders for this-this-and-this at that-and-that price. Can't say much about it, in all fairness I kinda fast-forwarded.

The interview with Jelan was great, I really dont think many people fully understand how and what Jelan is on about though; certainly takes a little bit of people-experience in MMO's to fully appreciate the role he's taking on and what he's aiming for. What most people don't know, is that Jelan - despite his current avid appreciation for the forces of chaos, destruction and mayhem (Hi bureaucracy! ***! o/) - used to be a stalwart rolepla... um, warrior in the forces of Order, a long time ago in Warhammer Online... Where CIR first met him. lol

On the technical side; the intro music - despite what certain hungarian opposers to my ideology regarding the importance of paintjobs and red kains might say (remember hungarian opposers, croatia is closer then you think! tongue ) - I found very captivating, perpetuumesque, and overall very well done.

I could suggest sort of "splitting" the various sections of the Podcast up with music, perhaps even providing separate links/files to the various 'shows' as right now its kind of all jumbled in together.

Player A - like Kalsius for example, who is a shameless carebear and an avid jitalover - would like to listen to his market reports, and his patch discussions, while on the other hand he might not be really interested in corporation interviews.

Player B - like myself for example, who is a shameless communist, whipper of lazy comrades, and generally crappy at PVP - would be more interested in detailed Political Landscape, interviews, corp interviews, etc.

Definitely A+ for effort & improvement on the last one! Lots of space for improvement, but going in the right direction!

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

11 (edited by Kalsius Dakalsai 2011-04-04 10:53:31)

Exclusive interview with DEV Zoom posted!!

http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/f … 6&t=37

We were worried it was too long and I have to agree with the posters above! As we plan for IT#3 we'll spend a bit of time going over how long we want to spend and we could potentially do a weekly release whilst still recording once every two weeks.

Keep the feedback coming!!

P.S Just for Syndic we will be running a Spread the Love campaign in aid of Jita big_smile

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

... God knows he needs it... lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It was a little long for one sitting, but I found the whole episode engaging.

I would certainly like to see a seperate Market Analysis cast as well as talking about the state of industry/Carebear land. I think this would work better as a seperate cast, instead of a segment, as it could be longer and more indepth and not be as interesting for dedicated PVP players.

14 (edited by Styx 2011-04-04 21:54:51)

I don't have an issue with the length providing it's interesting to listen to. As for constructive criticism try to "uhm" and "ah" less. It's something almost everyone does but when your talking on a pod cast for a long time it does begin to grate. Also, if you intend to reference figures during the show (corp numbers) then please research it before hand. It may not seem that important but had Gremrod not correct you Kalsius everyone would now be under the impression that M2S is the biggest corporation in-game. The podcast gives you a platform on which you can broadcast information to lots of people that will happily take it as correct without verifying it themselves. Make sure it's correct.

Styx wrote:

I don't have an issue with the length providing it's interesting to listen to. As for constructive criticism try to "uhm" and "ah" less. It's something almost everyone does but when your talking on a pod cast for a long time it does begin to grate. Also, if you intend to reference figures during the show (corp numbers) then please research it before hand. It may not seem that important but had Gremrod not correct you Kalsius everyone would now be under the impression that M2S is the biggest corporation in-game. The podcast gives you a platform on which you can broadcast information to lots of people that will happily take it as correct without verifying it themselves. Make sure it's correct.

+2 CoolPoints for eternal justice.

Kalsius obvious propaganda puppet is obvious.

Jita needs to remove his hand from your rear before you guys record these things...

You haven't heard any of us trolling gremrod for being a shameless *** supporter, leave kalsius out of it... i think they're both as fair and impartial as human beings can possibly be.

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

You haven't heard any of us trolling gremrod for being a shameless *** supporter, leave kalsius out of it... i think they're both as fair and impartial as human beings can possibly be.

Relax bro.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

Remove Jita hand from anus. Thanks.

Is that the same Jita thats banned from the forum, how many cool points does he get for that?

Okay going to address one thing at a time.

Found out the problem with my input it. It was the AGC in skype. I have turned it off and set a few settings manually in the config.xml file and ran some tests. I am not getting a low to high input on sample recordings now. smile

Styx wrote:

I don't have an issue with the length providing it's interesting to listen to. As for constructive criticism try to "uhm" and "ah" less. It's something almost everyone does but when your talking on a pod cast for a long time it does begin to grate.

Yes, I had said something to Kalsius before w started recording about my avid use of uhm and ahhhhh.

My wife even pointed it out to me.

Working on it..... smile

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Good ideas about breaking the cast into separate parts or maybe making them not as long as this one.

But, also like a few have said length is not a problem as long as it is interesting.

We are still refining the show.

Thanks again.

Jelan wrote:

Is that the same Jita thats banned from the forum, how many cool points does he get for that?

I think the going rate is +5 CoolPoints™ and +10 CoolPoints™ to the Dev that banned him.. any one claiming the +10?

[troll] Your podcasts is a valuable intel tool for hokk [/troll]
I like the idea of podcasting, GJ. Will wait for the next episodes:D

GLiMPSE wrote:
Jelan wrote:

I think the going rate is +5 CoolPoints™ and +10 CoolPoints™ to the Dev that banned him.. any one claiming the +10?

Don't I get any shameless CoolPoints™ for free advertising on the podcast??? People could start thinking the whole system was biased wink

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/