Re: Episode 2 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

Hey, good work grem, kal

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:
Jelan wrote:

Is that the same Jita thats banned from the forum, how many cool points does he get for that?

I think the going rate is +5 CoolPoints™ and +10 CoolPoints™ to the Dev that banned him.. any one claiming the +10?

Don't I get any shameless CoolPoints™ for free advertising on the podcast??? People could start thinking the whole system was biased wink

CoolPoints are forum only sir. Read the rules before complaining of bias.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

I think the going rate is +5 CoolPoints™ and +10 CoolPoints™ to the Dev that banned him.. any one claiming the +10?

Don't I get any shameless CoolPoints™ for free advertising on the podcast??? People could start thinking the whole system was biased wink

CoolPoints are forum only sir. Read the rules before complaining of bias.

Dear Sir, I understand your inability to comprehend the above statement and will therefore clarify. I merely wished to express my concern that others may feel so inclined to believe, as is their right, that said system in question may not have a fair and equitable method of distribution. Many thanks for your concise response in regards to my initial enquiry.

Regards,

Kalsius
big_smile:D:D

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

He's shorted me by at least 60 CoolPoints™ so far, get used to it. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I have to admit it was a shameless plug on the podcast big_smile

All good fun though!

31 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-04-05 21:02:37)

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:
Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:

CoolPoints™ are forum only sir. Read the rules before complaining of bias.

Dear Sir, I understand your inability to comprehend the above statement and will therefore clarify. I merely wished to express my concern that others may feel so inclined to believe, as is their right, that said system in question may not have a fair and equitable method of distribution. Many thanks for your concise response in regards to my initial enquiry.

Regards,

Kalsius
big_smile:D:D

+5 CoolPoints™. Well done.

\o/

A fair and equitable system for all!!

Podcast has a new site.

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.com/

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Kinda liked the artwork on the old one more. sad

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Kinda liked the artwork on the old one more. sad

Yeah well it is using a free wordpress theme and I am either going to make one for it or find someone to make a perpetuum theme for the site.

For those who use iTunes.

You can now subscribe to the podcast with the following feed url.

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.com/feed/

Loving the podcast.  Thanks for the direct mp3 link, onto a USB drive and into car stereo, several trips to and from work burns up an hour+ podcast quick.

Disagree with requests to separate podcast into multiple podcasts with different topics.  Podcast should cover all aspects of the game.  However, maybe focus on one or two topics each time, and leave others for next episode.  This way, developments in different areas have time to accrue in between you covering them, and you don't have to be scrambling for material each time (which I suspect will get harder as time goes on).  Also, if someone doesn't care about market or politics, they can see which episodes will cover those and skip them or parts of them.

Length should probably be shorter, like I said it doesn't bother me since I listen in the car over multiple sittings, but you may start to hurt for material eventually.  If you have a fairly fixed time for the podcast, people can get into the habit of listening at the gym, or in the car, or whenever they have about that much time to listen.

Also I think one interview is sufficient per podcast, either a corp or an individual, not both.

One last thought; this might be irrelevant but I'll mention it anyway.  Talking in detail about future changes to the game as posted on the dev blog limits your ability to talk about them when they are put in game.  For example, I listened to this podcast a little after it came out, and you discussed the cancellation of kernel buy orders and addition of a new drop.  You theorized about what this drop could be and how it would work.  Well, when I listened, it was already in game, and I already knew all the answers.  It is still the most recent episode even though I am a little late to the party.  Also, next episode, you will probably not want to spend a lot of time on the subject since you already did last time, otherwise you are covering the same thing twice.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me you want to cover things as they are added, and maybe just a very quick overview of ideas mentioned in dev blogs.

Please don't take my tl;dr post as meaning there are lots of things to fix, I love the podcast and would keep listening if it stayed exactly as it is.  Keep up the good work!

Excellent points about letting things happen between casts ... all-in-one is better, at least until the game gets much bigger.

I loved the pod cast, got me through work for 2 hours. Keep up the good work!!

Inner Ring Excavations
Kciredor Nov --- Mining and Industry
Skao Nov --- PVP, when i get another account.

Incoming Transmission now on iTunes store. Free of course. smile

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/inco … d431176674

Thanks for the input guys. All very good points.

I have been thinking about the podcast a bit for the last week and a half and I have decided to not break it up into separate files / casts.

Yes, I agree I think we should talk more about what is currently in game and just touch a little on what may be coming via the DEV Blog.

I think it needs an 'Ask Jelan' section where listeners can write in with their pertinent questions and i can provide well informed and impartial answers..

Jelan wrote:

I think it needs an 'Ask Jelan' section where listeners can write in with their pertinent questions and i can provide well informed and impartial answers..

And while we are doing that you can get me to do the political brief.

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:
Jelan wrote:

Now thats a good idea, a Jelan/Jita anchor/co-anchor role, obviously you'd be the understudy

Jelan wrote:

Now thats a good idea, a Jelan/Jita anchor/co-anchor role

Yes! Yes! I vote for this. It should be like an agony column, with Uncle Jelan and Auntie Jita.

It would be FANTASTIC.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

I think it goes without saying that one or both of them must be drunk, but I'll say it incase they are too drunk to mention it.

Arga wrote:

I think it goes without saying that one or both of them must be drunk, but I'll say it incase they are too drunk to mention it.

I think they are both regularly drunk, so that's no problem.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Grem, is the schedule worked out now, when can we expect the next cast?

Arga wrote:

Grem, is the schedule worked out now, when can we expect the next cast?

Yes. Read here: http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.com/podcast-info/

So we should be recording Episode 3 this Sunday.

Jelan wrote:
Fourfingers Frankie wrote:
Jelan wrote:

Now thats a good idea, a Jelan/Jita anchor/co-anchor role, obviously you'd be the understudy

While you guys may be Joking about this.... I think it sounds funny to do. Lets make a thread called.

Dear J & J.