1 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-08 00:07:04)

Topic: I am thinking about starting a PO podcast.

I am thinking about starting a PO podcast.

I am going to be looking for guests to have on the casts.

Some people I would be interested having on the casts would be the following types.

======================================
CEOs of large and small corps.

Alliance leaders.

Alpha islands dwellers and beta island dwellers

And I hope to get a DEV on from time to time.
======================================

Still putting together show ideas and topics right now. Very early stage of this idea.

But please post if you want to be on the show to chat about PO's community, politics, game play etc.

Thanks

============== Edit to make a couple things clear ======================

This will be a neutral Perpetuum Podcast.

The same way I run my blog.

(This will not be a soapbox for m2s.)

====

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: I am thinking about starting a PO podcast.

Ill be on your show Grem... i can answer questions about life, awesomeness, CoolPoints and really anything short of things my attorney has advised me against mentioning.

Nice idea. I hope your podcasts will be politically neutral xD)

under certain conditions i'd be happy to take part.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Alexadar wrote:

Nice idea. I hope your podcasts will be politically neutral xD)

Of course it would be.

Jita wrote:

Awesome. What kind of conditions are we talking about?

GLiMPSE wrote:

Ill be on your show Grem... i can answer questions about life, awesomeness, CoolPoints and really anything short of things my attorney has advised me against mentioning.

Umm, no. But may be, only if you could be serious for once.

That sounds fun, do it every 2-3 weeks, i hope it pans out. If a podcast is like an interview then that's neat. I don't know what one is, I must be old.

Mara Kaid wrote:

That sounds fun, do it every 2-3 weeks, i hope it pans out. If a podcast is like an interview then that's neat. I don't know what one is, I must be old.

Yes, I was thinking once every 3 weeks.

Yes a lot of podcasts have interviews and sometimes it just the person that does the podcast talking about developments in the game etc.

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

I'd prefer to know what questions so I could prepare decent answers, follow up questions ofc would come from that. I'd like to do it on our teamspeak if possible too so I can control ip. It is M2S and all :-).

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

I'd prefer to know what questions so I could prepare decent answers, follow up questions ofc would come from that. I'd like to do it on our teamspeak if possible too so I can control ip. It is M2S and all :-).

Yes, I can supply questions before hand. TS can be done. But I was going to be handling all my pod cast with the use of Skype. I have software for it that records to .mp3

That works too. Perhaps have some of the questions in your various podcast picked from ones the community and gm / dev team suggest?

Jita wrote:

That works too. Perhaps have some of the questions in your various podcast picked from ones the community and gm / dev team suggest?

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

All around good idea

Inner Ring Excavations
Kciredor Nov --- Mining and Industry
Skao Nov --- PVP, when i get another account.

I'm interested. Let me know if you need me, no special conditions.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

The only conditions the podcast can be neutral is if Gremrod leaves M2S.
Otherwise, whatever conditions he tries to impose, the podcast will give M2S legitimacy indirectly.
Or the broadcast will be used for innumerable trolling threads by his fellow corp members.

Leaders, be astute, M2S taints everything they touch with propaganda.
Gremrod is cool, but he cannot control perception of neutrality or what people like GLIMPSE will do to manipulate perception.

If you want to support a podcast, support Perpetuum Intelligence William Melville or some other party not firmly affiliated with an alliance.

Talking about prejudging, you should at least give the podcast the benefit of the doubt, if the first one is M2S propaganda, than you can warn people away.

And Glimpse trolls what Glimpse trolls.

Container has a point, if you want to look at pre judging you should read the threads about perpetuum intelligence. By associating with the kind of idiocy he hardly lends himself credibility but I'm prepared to at least try.

19 (edited by Container 2011-03-08 09:46:20)

Neutral is not an attitude or something you simply claim to be.
Neutral means in actual fact not being in any beta alliance or corp.
If you are in an alliance or corp you by definition are not neutral.

It is not a matter of good intentions or personal character.
It is a matter of vested interest and perception.
Being in a major alliance corp =! neutral.

As long as Gremrod bears Infestation membership, any claims to neutrality are complete and utter nonsense.
I therefore urge all corp leaders not to support his podcasts as a neutral initiative as long as he is a member of a beta corp/alliance.
It may seem okay but do not be taken in.

Container wrote:

If you want to support a podcast, support Perpetuum Intelligence William Melville or some other party not firmly affiliated with an alliance.

If I got it right from older threads in the forums William Melville is Kalsius Dakalsai of Joke corporation?

Do tell me how exactly is he neutral? roll

Now, don't get me wrong I actually do agree with you that in "ideal world" the podcasts "should" be done by a completely neutral person, but do we live in ideal world where we can find someone neutral to do the podcasts... that is the question?

21 (edited by Container 2011-03-08 11:19:52)

The topic is:
Can a member of a prominent beta corp claim to run neutral podcasts and ask the support of the general community on the basis of neutrality.
My answer is no.
If your answer is yes, what are you smoking?

Wash it any way you like, it does not pass the smell test.

PS: I am not aware of Perp Intel issues, this is a sidetrack.  I therefore withdraw any endorsement or support for it till my further investigations.

22 (edited by Syndic 2011-03-08 15:00:38)

If the man wants to give it a shot, don't cockblock him because you're too lazy to do anything besides whining about how the whole game should revolve around how you perceive the game.

@ Grimrod

Just lemme know how I can help, and run that show man. Any form of advertising is good.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Anyone can quite easily make a new character unaffiliated with their main and set out on various ventures claiming to be "Neutral". Although their main may be in a large corp or alliance you'd never know otherwise and would be under the impression that this person is neutral until information was revealed which stated otherwise.

Gremrod has not done this. If you're to stupid to realize that neutrality and bias is a personal trait and not actually linked to these imaginary characters we use or what they do then that's your own problem but trying to add legitimacy to this illegitimate problem is only making you look silly Container and all those with half a brain can see it.

Everyone interested enough in this game to start a podcast is interested enough to have joined a corp.
They have a bias, I'd rather it be obvious and just strife towards neutrality.

Container wrote:

The only conditions the podcast can be neutral is if Gremrod leaves M2S.
Otherwise, whatever conditions he tries to impose, the podcast will give M2S legitimacy indirectly.
Or the broadcast will be used for innumerable trolling threads by his fellow corp members.

Leaders, be astute, M2S taints everything they touch with propaganda.
Gremrod is cool, but he cannot control perception of neutrality or what people like GLIMPSE will do to manipulate perception.

I must call out attention to my personal Perpetuum blog. It has always been neutral and has never been or started to become anything for m2s propaganda.

The podcast will be the same, neutral and for the game not for any single corp or alliance.