Re: I am thinking about starting a PO podcast.

Gremrod, this is awesome! I am an avid Eve podcast listener and I would love to add a perpetuum based one to my itunes feed.

Who cares if it is neutral anyways. As long as you discuss Perpetuum content and get some interesting guest from time to time I am sure the community as a whole will embrace this idea.

Podcasts take alot of work and in the end are for the community at large. I for one will be thankful for whatever you are able to put together. Should be fun to listen to.

27 (edited by Annihilator 2011-03-08 18:00:57)

Gremrod is as neutral as myself.

I wouldn't care who it does, as long as the content is well made / intresting.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Grem, anyway each your answer and question in the podcast will be influent by your participation in your alliance.
For example (not good example, but i hope you will get it) journalist from Iran and Journalist form Ukraine have not similar "neutrality" to the many of the actions what happening in world, so i think your work will be hard if you want to make really neutral podcast.
What can i say...good luck big_smile

29 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-08 18:31:21)

Annihilator wrote:

Gremrod is as neutral as myself.

I wouldn't care who it does, as long as the content is well made / intresting.

Yes, I agree. Needs to be done well. I will do my best. smile

I may even have to look for a co-host.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Alexadar wrote:

What can i say...good luck big_smile

Thanks. big_smile

No good deed goes unpunished, I can only imagine the forum horrors if I was gonna do it lol. Good Luck.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I agree with Annihilator and disagree with Alexadar.

If the podcast is Grem and Nexx talking about how great M2S is, I'll just take a pass. If Grem is asking a dev a question, then I want to hear the answer.

Or if Grem and Jita are discussing Beta strategics, not tactical but overall methods the game play can be improved all around, than that is interesting.

I will decide for myself, I don't need anyone else telling me what I should or shouldn't believe.

33 (edited by Container 2011-03-08 22:26:21)

Leaders of New Hope and Domhalarn should be very clear that if they were to participate in Gremrod's broadcast, they are directly turning over the community leadership for the game to a member of a competing alliance.

Regardless of content of the broadcast, you are handing over the reins of media to your direct enemies.
In my book, that is like scoring a goal against your own team.
Or giving away freely in seconds the political credibility you took months to build.
Think about it.

So your saying its Impossible for a person to seperate themselves from their in game personality to be impartial?

If that is the case, then all player made content must be biased.

Hence, I disregard your forum post as biased and self serving.

35 (edited by Container 2011-03-09 00:01:29)

I have met many players in MMOs who are neutral.
In order to be neutral they do not join any big or influential corp in order to maintain neutrality.
Instead, Gremrod joined a major beta corp, shoots at other alliances on beta and wants people to magically forget this and cooperate with him.
Sorry, it is irrational to actively be in a beta corp and expect enemy corp members to help you in any way whatsoever.
It is nonsense.  You can only claim to be neutral if you are in a neutral corp.
I cannot condone supporting anyone who claims neutrality but remains attached to a beta corp.

I think the community would be a lot better if we had a few more Gremrods trying to start projects like this; and a little less Containers obsessed with personal and political power. roll

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Once again I think my Blog proves that I can be neutral.

38 (edited by Container 2011-03-08 23:52:46)

Gremrod wrote:

Once again I think my Blog proves that I can be neutral.

If you have a neutral ticker, you can try to be a neutral community leader.
If you have a beta corp ticker, forget it.
You cannot wear the colors of one gang and claim to be a neutral just because the words in your blog or podcast is neutral!
That is absurd.
You wear no colors then you can possibly claim to be a neutral.

Container wrote:

Sorry, it is irrational to actively be in a beta corp and expect enemy corp members to help you in any way whatsoever.
It is nonsense.  You can only claim to be neutral if you are in a neutral corp.

Jita claims to be neutral in keeping his Alliance thread.

It 'feels' like his thread is neutral.

It just 'feels' like you hate M2S, which technically is exactly what they want as they are the bad guys, but that doesn't mean that a PERSON in M2S can't do something positive for the community.

You make a fair warning though, as any CEO talking about his/her corporation shouldn't tell secrets to ANY podcaster.

Regardless, Gremrod going to do the podcast -awesome- and you're Alliance leadership can decide if they want to talk with him or not. And how much they want to say.

40 (edited by Container 2011-03-09 00:11:34)

You bring in extremely unrelated issues like alliance list and feelings about M2S.  Pretty off-topic.

Just giving my 2 cents that anyone seeking your cooperation under the pretext of being neutral while actively being in an enemy corp is not someone you should help.

Not being in a beta corp does not prove zero bias, it is at least a start to getting some status as a neutral entity.
It is a required but not sufficient prerequisite to be considered a neutral community spokesperson.
However being a beta corp for sure gives zero credibility as a neutral entity which Gremrod is claiming to be.

What Gremrod is trying to do is something like a stock analyst at the same time being the employee of one of the companies he/she is giving stock recommendations on.
Complete nonsense when it comes to claiming impartiality.

Syndic wrote:

I think the community would be a lot better if we had a few more Gremrods trying to start projects like this; and a little less Containers obsessed with personal and political power. roll

This.

Styx wrote:
Syndic wrote:

This.

If you truly believed that you'd control your members.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

43 (edited by Arga 2011-03-09 02:29:34)

Container wrote:

You bring in extremely unrelated issues like alliance list and feelings about M2S.  Pretty off-topic.

..snip..

Not being in a beta corp does not prove zero bias, it is at least a start to getting some status as a neutral entity.
It is a required but not sufficient prerequisite to be considered a neutral community spokesperson.
However being a beta corp for sure gives zero credibility as a neutral entity which Gremrod is claiming to be.

Jita is in a Beta Corp. By your definition, he can not be a neutral spokesperson. Its in your quote right there, "Being in a beta corp for sure gives zero credibility"

Jita claims to be neutral too... I fail to see how it is off topic.

Edit: Your topic, not the thread topic, which both of us are off of.

Edit 2: Not that I don't think Jita isn't neutral, only that you can't have it both ways. Either beta corp members can be neutral, or you are saying Jita isn't.

44 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-03-09 02:46:27)

Container wrote:

What Gremrod is trying to do is something like a stock analyst at the same time being the employee of one of the companies he/she is giving stock recommendations on.

Dear Container,

I find a problem with your argument -- he doesn't gain ridiculous amounts of wealth by holding both positions and instead expends time giving back to the community...

This game, it's community, and it's future success depend on people stepping up and getting themselves and everyone else engaged....regardless of what side of the fence they are on.

Anything and anyone that brings attention to this game is a winner in my book.

Furthermore, anyone who wants to put themselves in the publics eye as a journalist/media personality will undergo significant scrutiny about whether or not he's being biased in what he reports and how he conducts his business -- if he is biased people will write him off... and he wont succeed.

Let's practice what the greatest country in the world's(*** all other countries) criminal system is built upon....innocent until proven guilty...

Kind Regards,
GLiMPSE™

P.S. Your argument is invalid.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Container wrote:

Dear Container,

I find a problem with your argument -- he doesn't gain ridiculous amounts of wealth by holding both positions and instead expends time giving back to the community...

This game, it's community, and it's future success depend on people stepping up and getting themselves and everyone else engaged....regardless of what side of the fence they are on.

Furthermore, anyone who wants to put themselves in the publics eye as a journalist/media personality will undergo significant scrutiny about whether or not he's being biased in what he reports and how he conducts his business -- if he is biased people will write him off... and he wont succeed.

Let's practice what the greatest country in the world's(*** all other countries) criminal system is built upon....innocent until proven guilty...

Kind Regards,
GLiMPSE™

The thing is, when someone from a corp your not in tries it they get this:

I think you will find your argument is invalid.

Jita wrote:
Styx wrote:
Syndic wrote:

This.

If you truly believed that you'd control your members.

How do you keep such good control of yours?

i dont hire :***:

Jita wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:
Container wrote:

Dear Container,

Kind Regards,
GLiMPSE™

The thing is, when someone from a corp your not in tries it they get this:

I think you will find your argument is invalid.

Oh jita... good try pushing your phishing attempt... again...

Gremrod isn't trying to create an alternate forum to segment users he's trying to bring new users to the game and increase exposure... theres a difference.

49 (edited by Jita 2011-03-09 03:00:42)

while your tinfoil amuses me they are both good examples of genuine people trying to do good things for the game and people pissing on it because they cant see past "them" and "us". I support both because i prefer to bury my axe in peoples head than to sit there grinding it.

There were some positive opinions for PI from M2S members.

Glimpse has been known to troll his own corp mates, and the only poster I know of that was banned, so yeah, its Glimpse.