Re: New devblog: The end of subscriptions, the start of something new

DEV Zoom wrote:

EP gain concerns: One of the reasons why we're doing this change is to make us able to grow, both population and content wise. We're perfectly aware that we need to put in new content requiring new extensions to avoid EP "deflation".

Item costs: soon.

Character transfer: this is technically impossible because of the nature of the account-based EP system.

If the Character transfer reply was for my question, you know I am referring to the Account "Gifting".
If I wasn't clear, please change my question to

With name changes will you have a valid public method to sell Accounts, lets say for a $30 flat fee to PO, plus whatever nic/Items the owner wishes, rather than the current grey area we have for account "gifting"

Sorry Zoom I'm sure you don't want to have to police something like this but the reality is you are going to have to in some way, might as well make it as easy as possible to do it.

Cassius wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

EP gain concerns: One of the reasons why we're doing this change is to make us able to grow, both population and content wise. We're perfectly aware that we need to put in new content requiring new extensions to avoid EP "deflation".

Item costs: soon.

Character transfer: this is technically impossible because of the nature of the account-based EP system.

If the Character transfer reply was for my question, you know I am referring to the Account "Gifting".
If I wasn't clear, please change my question to

With name changes will you have a valid public method to sell Accounts, lets say for a $30 flat fee to PO, plus whatever nic/Items the owner wishes, rather than the current grey area we have for account "gifting"

Sorry Zoom I'm sure you don't want to have to police something like this but the reality is you are going to have to in some way, might as well make it as easy as possible to do it.

No need for account or character transfers ,you just need to to make a method to transfer EP once you reset, at a high cost.

RIP PERPETUUM

EP
freely and at any time to change = always different tactics. on one hand it's funny, but is interesting I'm waiting for it

Just @ Game

154 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-03-17 18:20:33)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

On this I would suggest reducing that to 1000 per day and 1500 with the boost.

Apart from 1440 being a *** stupid number if you don't know why 2100 a day is lots and will cap out p quick if you don't bring in new shizzle

You must realize that this would give all the existing players a considerable and unfair EP advantage. Much more than what their time when they started to play means.

Amen to that Zoom. I'm amazed that some vets still seems to feel threatened that new players can get some EP faster if they wanna. You guys can still keep the gap to these guys if you buy boosters as well, and then every1 will be happy. Drop this ball and move on now. It's a superb change that will make new players throw cash at the boosters and make AC finally earn some money that they maybe can invest in new manpower etc and we might all benefit from this in the long run. Best thing all together with the new payment system if you ask me. On the reset EP-thingy I would make it cost as much as the game. ~30 bucks. Then it won't be abused.

lol Monoclegeddon  prices

Cassius wrote:

Zoom, enough people have commented on the EP reset. Can you please answer directly.

How much will it cost?
How often can it be used?

Too many people have valid concerns, please clear this up.

I suggested :

$50 for EP reset, max once per year
$1 for 3 level downgrade of Extensions
$10 for EP monthly boost

Additionally, will you allow character transfer, in a public manner, with the ability to pay for a name change?
I suggested $30 to do this, along with whatever the owner of the character wants to sell him for. The current grey area for account "gifting" is far too vague and ripe for abuse.

A reply here would be nice.

Zoom, let's be honest.  Punctuality is something Avatar Creations does not excel at.  I'm telling you now, lower the EP gain now.  So when/if you get to more content people won't be knocking at your door every two weeks going"where da white women and robots at??"  1.  It will give you fluff time and 2.  People be buying dem subs.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

$10 EP reset is good, who gives a *** about FoTM fits.  Indecisive 12 yr olds with daddy's CC filling Hungarian coffers with Jew Gold, nom nom nom.

158 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-17 18:29:17)

Zoom is being a tad too optimistic with thousands of players at launch, but 30 bucks is a tad steep for most, make it F2P and lower EP by 50%. Pay for the boost for for the rate we have now, 1 EP per minute.

RIP PERPETUUM

159 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-17 18:30:51)

yup    $30.00 too high

it will push away the same noobs that are wanting it to be F2P anyways

Let the F2P model work!

Look at Path of Exile, what a perfect example of F2P game success

Celebro wrote:

Zoom is being a tad too optimistic with thousands of players at launch, but 30 bucks is a tad steep for most, make it F2P and lower EP by 50%. Pay for the boost for for the rate we have now, 1 EP per minute.

$30 is *** steep.

I understand it though as it gives plenty of wiggle room to discount whereas you can't just go doubling prices in the future.

Let's just say that if they don't 50% discount it at the start its gonna faceplant like a ***

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Gunner wrote:

lol Monoclegeddon  prices

Cassius wrote:

Zoom, enough people have commented on the EP reset. Can you please answer directly.

How much will it cost?
How often can it be used?

Too many people have valid concerns, please clear this up.

I suggested :

$50 for EP reset, max once per year
$1 for 3 level downgrade of Extensions
$10 for EP monthly boost

Additionally, will you allow character transfer, in a public manner, with the ability to pay for a name change?
I suggested $30 to do this, along with whatever the owner of the character wants to sell him for. The current grey area for account "gifting" is far too vague and ripe for abuse.

A reply here would be nice.

Monocle prices?? huh??

$80 for a monocle on your avatar that does nothing v $50 for an EP reset that completely allows you to make high EP character into anything you want. I see the connection.

roll

Ville wrote:

$30 is *** steep.

Go to job, and it will be ok for you.

the trick at FTP is to get a lot ppl into a game. they can play for no costs.

if you have a game with a lot ppl it attracts enough ppl that are willing to pay for stupid things. like purple hats and a pink robot.

the downside is that the payment model needs purple hats and pink robots because without them these ppl will not spend money. so the developers are forced to invest a lot development time in purple hats and pink robots instead of developing intresting content that might bring the game forward. thats why i dont like FTP. but i guess most have to go that way nowadays.

Trinch wrote:
Ville wrote:

$30 is *** steep.

Your lack of understanding of basic concepts like Marketing, and what F2P means really shines with this post.  F2P means Free to Play.  For the veterans yes it will be Free to play. 

Let's ask some very basic questions:  Have you, Trinch, went to the Steam Client?  Have you browsed titles in the $30 range?  If you had you would notice games like DAYZ $29.99, The Walking Dead $24.99, Total war Rome II $24.99.... RUST $19.99.... 

So your potential client is going to pay $30.00 for something they have

A.  Not heard of
B.  Indie Development Team
C.  Been out for 3 years already.

So your more than the basic Indie games, but not as much as the $59.99 flagship games.  Ugh... eghrm..  I would say your crazy.

And if I understand this right no trial period either?  If it were me?  I wouldn't even blink at this game because I would say its over priced with no hype and tbh, this is one game I like a lot.  So all in all I still say the best shot at this game is $19.99.

Guys, everything we announced so far has been made so in order to avoid the servers exploding on launch day. We can't go from a handful of players to a few thousand in a day just like that. Small steps.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

the trick at FTP is to get a lot ppl into a game. they can play for no costs.

if you have a game with a lot ppl it attracts enough ppl that are willing to pay for stupid things. like purple hats and a pink robot.

the downside is that the payment model needs purple hats and pink robots because without them these ppl will not spend money. so the developers are forced to invest a lot development time in purple hats and pink robots instead of developing intresting content that might bring the game forward. thats why i dont like FTP. but i guess most have to go that way nowadays.

Valid argument.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Guys, everything we announced so far has been made so in order to avoid the servers exploding on launch day. We can't go from a handful of players to a few thousand in a day just like that. Small steps.

You do realize you are taking a chance here with an early access game at $30. Slow increasing playerbase  not going to happened need to go with a big surge.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

You do realize you are taking a chance here with an early access game at $30. Slow increasing playerbase  not going to happened need to go with a big surge.

It would equally be a gamble if we went with a low price and battle with thousands of refund requests because they can't play.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

It would equally be a gamble if we went with a low price and battle with thousands of refund requests because they can't play.

Oh dont worry there will be plenty of refund requests.  smile

171 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-03-17 20:13:42)

Are you going to have a purchase option to buy in game NIC?  or will it be only resets/name changes/cosmetic stuff?

Full disclosure:  I am against NIC purchases for real world money, unless you institute a system where I can sell NIC for real world money, and you get a cut.  I would be ok with that smile

Martha Stuart wrote:

Are you going to have a purchase option to buy in game NIC?

Definitely not.

173 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-17 20:15:53)

I doubt early access games accept refunds. You accept the game is not finished and it may run into problems.

If you are not confident enough, that it will struggle with thousands of players, you know better. Though I will comment my experience has been pretty solid stability wise throughout since release, since gamma though, stuff has not run very smoothly.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:
Trinch wrote:
Ville wrote:

$30 is *** steep.

Your lack of understanding of basic concepts like Marketing, and what F2P means really shines with this post.  F2P means Free to Play.  For the veterans yes it will be Free to play. 

Let's ask some very basic questions:  Have you, Trinch, went to the Steam Client?  Have you browsed titles in the $30 range?  If you had you would notice games like DAYZ $29.99, The Walking Dead $24.99, Total war Rome II $24.99.... RUST $19.99.... 

A.  Not heard of

So your more than the basic Indie games, but not as much as the $59.99 flagship games.  Ugh... eghrm..  I would say your crazy.

And if I understand this right no trial period either?  If it were me?  I wouldn't even blink at this game because I would say its over priced with no hype and tbh, this is one game I like a lot.  So all in all I still say the best shot at this game is $19.99.

Now look on my point. I know that my marketing skill ***. But in other side i what think about my self like about honest person. First of all i am playing in DZ SA, and yes 30$ for me not a lot for me. In spite of this i was need time before i paid for early assess in alpha game coz i wasn't sure that this game for me and i will enjoy but it. So what is 30$ mean? It mean that most ppl with think a lot before buy pp as i do before buy dz. This is good barrier which will help not be deceived by single marketing video. It also mean that most of veterans who now will be able create 5-15 alt miners will pay good price for this too.

You know that person that was deceived once never will come back. That's why i think that 30$ is good. And i also hope that devs will write with big font on game page on Steam that this game are awesome but not rly finished and perfect. And this will be honest imho.

Trinch wrote:
Ville wrote:
Trinch wrote:

A.  Not heard of

Now look on my point. I know that my marketing skill ***. But in other side i what think about my self like about honest person. First of all i am playing in DZ SA, and yes 30$ for me not a lot for me. In spite of this i was need time before i paid for early assess in alpha game coz i wasn't sure that this game for me and i will enjoy but it. So what is 30$ mean? It mean that most ppl with think a lot before buy pp as i do before buy dz. This is good barrier which will help not be deceived by single marketing video. It also mean that most of veterans who now will be able create 5-15 alt miners will pay good price for this too.

You know that person that was deceived once never will come back. That's why i think that 30$ is good. And i also hope that devs will write with big font on game page on Steam that this game are awesome but not rly finished and perfect. And this will be honest imho.

Trinch, your point is taken and I am glad to see people who make legitimate arguments in not their native tongue.