Re: New devblog: The end of subscriptions, the start of something new

now there is something that makes sense

Aaron Sool wrote:

Maybe the price for a EP-reset can vary depending on how much EP you have? Like 3 million EP 50 bucks. 300 thousand EP 5 bucks. Or something like that. You get the picture at least.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Concerning EP reset and downgrades:

What do you guys think about a 30% loss of EP when doing a reset or a downgrade? (Ie. You get 30% less EP back.)

Very very simple solution how i think will be block reset opportunity after each game update related with extensions system for some time.

For example, you create new extensions that can be "learned" in 2 weeks for max level. So it will be ok if reset and downgrade mechanic will be disabled after path for this time.

I don't think that veterans that have close to 1 kk ep on there accounts will be worry if some new players decide change "bad learned kain" for "bad learned artemis". All agree with this?

Or another solution will be blocked this feature after some ep amount number. It can be 800 k ep, or 1 kk ep or something like this.

203 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-03-19 01:35:21)

DEV Zoom wrote:

What do you guys think about a 30% loss of EP when doing a reset or a downgrade? (Ie. You get 30% less EP back.)

% loss is definitely a way to stop tactical use over and over, but WHY take that route? First, 30% is outrageous. Even 1% would be significant enough to keep one from doing it over and over.

But if you do not want it done often then simply put a cool down on it. Once a year.

or hybrid, BUY it once a year at no EP cost and then if you want to keep BUYING resets within year it will also cost you xx EP (either fixed number or %).

Aaron Sool wrote:

Maybe the price for a EP-reset can vary depending on how much EP you have? Like 3 million EP 50 bucks. 300 thousand EP 5 bucks. Or something like that. You get the picture at least.

And I do like the concept that resets cost more for Vets than Noobs. Perhaps $$ value could be same despite EP level, but EP penalty could be % of total EP thus affecting higher EP players more than lower ones.

So I guess I like the hybrid approach: Same $$ cost for all, no EP cost if once a year, and some % EP penalty for every reset thereafter until span of 365 days (when you can buy EP penalty free reset).

A free ep reset every year is horrible. It needs to only be allowed so many times. There should be a penalty for resetting your ep, to be totally honest.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

205 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-03-19 01:45:33)

If referring to my post above...

Shadowmine wrote:

A free ep reset every year is horrible. It needs to only be allowed so many times. There should be a penalty for resetting your ep, to be totally honest.

to clarify, not Free of $$ cost. Devs always get their money and player always pay the $$ fee for the reset. The "free" I'm talking about is NO EP PENALTY. Current Dev proposal has no EP penalty.

I just don't like the "no penalty" ep reset every year. There just seems to be something fundamentally wrong with that. I much prefer increasing penalties for ep reset on a per acct basis. Either increase in dollars spent for it or an increase in ep lost for it.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

207 (edited by Inda 2014-03-19 02:07:02)

Jita wrote:

just make it free first time, 10% second, 20% third etc

the problem isn't resetting but the ability to change to fotm

I like this idea just dont free but money the first.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

208 (edited by Hunter 2014-03-19 04:44:51)

The price of the single and final purchase of the game will be comparable to 3 months of subscription time in the past: 28.99 USD/EUR (VAT included).

... i like this one. So the everyone will be able to pay only 3 month cost to be able play as much as they want.
I have two preorder non-interrupted subscribtions and... as largess i'll get same? DAMN THANKS!

TBH i'm not surprised. This is a perpetuum-devs-style:
Some people pay, and support the project, no matter what. Doing investments, wait a lot, try to help the project.
Another players came and have same conditions for much less money.

As result perpetuum cost for me ~410$ * 2 accounts.

Let me guess your answer:
- But you played and had fun.
- Lol... With same success i could play and have fun in the empty room with no light.
- EP?
- Damn what gives EP against zergrush with followbots?

Nice work DeVs! smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

yeah... so... there are like 7 people playing game lately of old style pay system....

anyways

Hunter wrote:

The price of the single and final purchase of the game will be comparable to 3 months of subscription time in the past: 28.99 USD/EUR (VAT included).

... i like this one. So the everyone will be able to pay only 3 month cost to be able play as much as they want.
I have two preorder non-interrupted subscribtions and... as largess i'll get same? DAMN THANKS!

TBH i'm not surprised. This is a perpetuum-devs-style:
Some people pay, and support the project, no matter what. Doing investments, wait a lot, try to help the project.
Another players came and have same conditions for much less money.

As result perpetuum cost for me ~410$ * 2 accounts.

Let me guess your answer:
- But you played and had fun.
- Lol... With same success i could play and have fun in the empty room with no light.
- EP?
- Damn what gives EP against zergrush with followbots?

Nice work DeVs! smile

I dont think EP reset will be cheap guys.

Someone suggested its cost may also be directly related to quantity as well.

I think you guys are overreacting.

I mean hunter does have a point.  Can we atleast get a Beta tester logo under our forum avatars.  Also can Ville get "most Drunken bans"?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Gunner wrote:

I dont think EP reset will be cheap guys.

Someone suggested its cost may also be directly related to quantity as well.

I think you guys are overreacting.

I'm tending to agree with Gunner on this.. We don't know for 100% certanity what the final costs will be do we ?
Lets just relax, have a cold beer and wait till we know more (I mean so that we know for sure )..

NO!

If your going to have micro transactions there should be NO penalty ... it defeats the purpose

(your shooting your self in to foot by thinking about the PC items this way)

If i spend $$USD on a game item or boost why should there be a "downside" to it? If you sell these things for NIC then sure make their use prohibitive so people will not want to use them over and over.

If EP boost or robo paint have no down side then why shoule EP reset or downgrade ?

If you think its that overpowered or will be abused that much then do not make it an option.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

make Ep reset cost $100 and problem solved ... any *** crazy enough to pay $100 bucks to respec over and over should be able to ...

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

When renaming a character, will it also be possible to redo the "face" ?
If not, could we buy a separate service for that ?

Tux wrote:

make Ep reset cost $100 and problem solved ... any *** crazy enough to pay $100 bucks to respec over and over should be able to ...

This.

The issue iswn't ep resets but income. The devs dont want to make it once a year or more because they will lose income from it. We dont want it less than that because that would be ***.

Given these facts you are better coming up with alternative ways they can make money so they feel better about not having it in its current form.

Some ideas so far have been:

Skins for bots (that are lost when you die / repackage
Corp logo's that are imported

think of what you would pay for and post it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

218 (edited by Cassius 2014-03-20 16:10:14)

I really think monocles for our avatars. But priced at a $1 per. This would be popular, and funny, on so many different levels. That said as just mentioned, new avatar faces, plus cosmetic changes to them.

What about SpT slot Boost? Like EP, its something everyone wants more of, and I guess like an EP Boost, its something people would probably pay to have more of. Maybe a monthly pack of 5 slots for $5 bucks?

And before everyone jumps on the political bandwagon ... I just thought of this now .... not saying I want it, but just thinking it be a commodity people would want, seeing as travel sucks ....

And since travel sucks ... Station port on Demand? buy in packs of 5 uses for $10 bucks. Ports you and ANY open container you have back to Station on your current island, one minute warm up. Cannot be used while in combat (either NPC or PvP), and cancelled if engaged before warm up  (intended as a fast travel mechanic, not a "save my shiny" mechanic) Useful for remote mining and missions that are far from home.

And speaking of "save my shiny" ... does exactly that ... but only for player under 240 k EP.  10 "saves" for $20, cannot be used on a PvP kill, replaces the bot and mods into the terminal you find yourself in, if done within 15 minutes of PVE death. Meant to be a  Noob hybrid of insurance and the inevitable can recovery missions newbs find themselves on after they die. Please note .. since the game considers a PvP encounter that ends with victim running into NPCs to avoid KM a PVE death this death would be eligeble but only include mods not looted ... so would need to be used right away before vultures picked your carcass clean in any death situation. Please note #2 .. sorry cargo not included. Noobs have to learn some pain.

Maybe controversial ideas, but IMO every one better than EP resets for cash.

219 (edited by Gremrod 2014-03-20 16:08:14)

Cassius wrote:

Most MMO games allow you to respec. What is the difference here or really why is the EP reset such a bad idea?

In games that allow for respec of character. I would think that this type of feature allows for longer player retention.

Some players get bored with a specific role and when they have the ability to switch roles they may stay with the game longer rather then just quitting because they don't want to start all over.

Some people like to start over and here they can do that too by creating a new character and buying EP booster to jump start the character.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Its a cash shop game now.

Respec is a perfect cash shop item as long as it isnt too cheap.

221 (edited by Cassius 2014-03-20 16:06:25)

Gremrod wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Most MMO games allow you to respec. What is the difference here or really why is the EP reset such a bad idea?

Honestly, with all the changes previously I dont see a problem with one FREE EP reset at Steam launch, but unlimited ability for EP resets at a cheap cost A) negates any thought or persistence required when allocationg EP and B) allows either a tactical FOTM advantange or an exploitive advantage if a loophole in a game mechanic is discovered and not yet patched. Even though no one has never not yet done this previously. roll

Cassius wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Honestly, with all the changes previously I dont see a problem with one FREE EP reset at Steam launch, but unlimited ability for EP resets at a cheap cost A) negates any thought or persistence required when allocationg EP and B) allows either a tactical FOTM advantange or an exploitive advantage if a loophole in a game mechanic is discovered and not yet patched. Even though no one has never not yet done this previously. roll

• negates any thought or persistence required when allocationg EP and - I don't think this one is a big deal, IMO

• allows either a tactical FOTM advantange or an exploitive advantage if a loophole in a game mechanic is discovered and not yet patched.
    Does Perpetuum have FOTM?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

Finally someone with some sense.

Gremrod wrote:

Nope , I don't see any if someone does please do say.

RIP PERPETUUM

$$ for SpT and logistics? Well $$ for SpT is a hurdle and the reason SpT needed a nerf was its near unlimited restrictions. But I guess $$ for xx is a slippery slope. You could argue $$ for DPS boost. I'm interested n seeing where it all goes. Pay items opens a huge door