Re: New devblog: The end of subscriptions, the start of something new

I guess resetting a single account could replace the need to purchasing new accounts, but then I thought multi-accounts were baaad

Zortarg: I'm sure there is a middle ground between "cheap enough to abuse" and "too expensive to not buy".

I guess an EP reset will cost more than 1 extension downgrade, how will that work and how many Perpetuum points does it cost to lower 1 extension or all extensions.? Do we really need 2 choices for the same thing?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro: the exact numbers are still being worked out, but you'll see them on the test server. We need both because there will be a point where it becomes worth to do an EP reset more than downgrading a large number of extension levels one by one.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Zortarg: I'm sure there is a middle ground between "cheap enough to abuse" and "too expensive to not buy".

i dont think so. but its your (the devs) choice. i have voiced my concerns and i hope more players will.

this will screw with the game.

this will screw with the core gameplay: time progression and persitence. this feature was in game and got removed (for a reason).

but honestly i think this will turn more ppl away because of the mission persitence then it will keep because of ppl that think they have wasted their ep.

and as i said before. if you dont make it cheep enough then you will not benefit from this feature, because you will need thousands purchases that it pays off finacially. and i dont think thats worth srewing up that core game priciple.

also its counterproductive to your major income: the boosters.

you should focus more on the long term goal instead on the kiddies that ask for everything right now. i have seen may games that were ruined in the past because of that.

you think your ep are in the wrong spot: buy a booster and you should be there in a resonable amount of time. besides there are a lot of synergy skills.... ... ...

for me its a major turn down and i already have heard multible voices that considering quiting or not returning because of this. and its a consideration for myself as well.

regards
zort

81 (edited by Ville 2014-03-16 22:53:21)

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … oictus.jpg

I will give you $10 for this.

Secondly, I TLDR, pages 2 and 3; your One time upfront fee seems a little Steep.  I would suggest something along the lines of $19.99.

EP boosts:

There needs to be tiered stuff with this.  If you think $10 for 30 days is a good starting point then consider this:

5 day EP boosts
10 day EP boosts
15 day EP boosts

EP resets(paid) thank you freaking god!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

82 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-16 23:03:48)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Celebro: the exact numbers are still being worked out, but you'll see them on the test server. We need both because there will be a point where it becomes worth to do an EP reset more than downgrading a large number of extension levels one by one.

Ok thanks, I was just wondering because if you just keep the extension option and keep locked race specifics like:e.g Pelestial robot control forever, that will still leave some persistence. I am sure some middle ground can be found.

Edit: or if you downgrade, some EP is lost like: 5%?

RIP PERPETUUM

with this business model you really need to look at what your game does about resource gathering and risk otherwise its alts online. Liquid mining spots and alpha 1 and 2 mining in general need to be reqorked pretty fast. I can have 14 riveler mk 2's out there post april 2nd for zero a month. God knows what a serious macro guy could do.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

with this business model you really need to look at what your game does about resource gathering and risk otherwise its alts online. Liquid mining spots and alpha 1 and 2 mining in general need to be reqorked pretty fast. I can have 14 riveler mk 2's out there post april 2nd for zero a month. God knows what a serious macro guy could do.

Bring back observers to alpha, problem solved/

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita wrote:

But one would have to buy 14 accounts to do this. Then get those 14 accounts up EP-vice to use those bots etc. I don't see a problem with this compared to how it is now? Or am I missing something here?

86 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-03-16 23:11:46)

Also sad to read old vets "threating" to leave due to some of these changes like boosters and resets. This will bring in alot of new blood to the game, and that's what this game needs the most. If you can't stand new peeps getting into the game, then maybe this wasn't for you... roll

Aaron Sool wrote:
Jita wrote:

But one would have to buy 14 accounts to do this. Then get those 14 accounts up EP-vice to use those bots etc. I don't see a problem with this compared to how it is now? Or am I missing something here?

That guy and Peanut both have the ability to do it.

Ville wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:
Jita wrote:

That guy and Peanut both have the ability to do it.

Yeah, but how is it any different from now? If some1 buys 14 accounts now, and boosters on top of that, and lvl *** up. Fine. Let them. If peeps could do it in the past like Jita, why not new players?

What he is saying, as a veteran who had a lot of accounts, especially those with GIFTED accounts will be able to rule the land of production.

As I have past corp mates who no longer play this game who gave me their account details that I have written down in a notebook beside my PC.  Which include about 15 separate accounts.

Ville wrote:

As I have past corp mates who no longer play this game who gave me their account details that I have written down in a notebook beside my PC.  Which include about 15 separate accounts.

You have a note book beside your PC, interesting? smile

RIP PERPETUUM

OK. Well, have they payed for 14 accounts then I guess they are allowed to. But good luck running 14 accounts at the same time. tongue

Aaron Sool wrote:

OK. Well, have they payed for 14 accounts then I guess they are allowed to. But good luck running 14 accounts at the same time. tongue

I have seen 100 accounts mining ice in Eve, and they have to pay every month (not here soon), god knows what could happen here, some thought should be given to this though.

RIP PERPETUUM

I don´t know your DEV´s long term plans to this game. It would be totally reasonable, If you just had it with the game and just want to break even on a quick and dirty sell out way, like the big AAA companies are doing, when a game has passed its life cycle. They open the game for a total sell out to quickly maximise their revenue, announce it as a break thru game change. New players coming in the game, buy everything out of the shops to play with the bigboys and leave after 2-3 month again as they have seen it all.

Certainly there would be no long term goal in player progression for Vet Players like myself. I have maxed out all Ewar classes. But cant fire a single shot. The logical way would have been to consider a weapon class to continue progression. EP Boost comes in handy. Now I just resett EP´s. That is a very short term approach to revenue the game. As everyone will quickly resett EP´s in their perpetuum game cycle but they probably leave with in 3 month anyway. In that time, we have sold them likely at least one reset. Very promising.

Like I sad, It would be totally understandable, even if it would be sad, that you are going on sell out to get break even with the game. It certainly feels like that and you are betraying yourself and the players if you are saying EP reset would not cause exploitation. As you yourself as the DEV Team, have stopped it in those days exactly because of it as it was heavily exploited. Saying that you would consider a change, if you are seeing any arising problems with it, is just a sad explanation for, we are going for sell out and denying the fact that it has caused major issues before. EP reset is a total betrayal to the game core feature of persistence and has the sole role of maximising a quick income. I am very sad if it would lead into this direction. But hey, there is a lot of new games on the horizon coming up. Star Citizen, Elite... I don´t think I will want to keep playing in a kindergarten game where people don´t need to live up to their choices and keep resetting to the colour of the month. And don´t give me the bull argument, it will be to expensive to resett EP´s and it will not be exploited or change the face of perpetuum, because that is just taking the piss. Considering ppl a running 10 Chars subed simultaneous.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Celebro wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:

I have seen 100 accounts mining ice in Eve, and they have to pay every month (not here soon), god knows what could happen here, some thought should be given to this though.

100 accounts here would double the active accounts here. Almost. I would say that's a win compared to now. tongue

Aaron Sool wrote:

I have paid for 14 and can run 14.

nbs

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

97 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-03-16 23:54:42)

Jita wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:

I have paid for 14 and can run 14.

nbs

Sure won't be easy when peeps come hunting you. Good luck with that. With more peeps ingame you can't do that all alone for to long without some1 noticing. But your entitled to do it. So do it. You should feel good about yourself. Sitting there on a NASA computer running 14 accounts at once. tongue

Edit. Why any1 would pay for 14 accounts is beyond me though.

98 (edited by Burial 2014-03-16 23:53:48)

It's free to sustain those mining accounts once you are done training them, that's what the problem is. I think only Alpha mineral fields are the problem and Jita's suggestion of making those fields yield less minerals is a good solution.

One way or the other, with F2P the game will move even more towards Alts Online.

99 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-16 23:57:17)

Reconsider the $30.00 and drop to $20.00

There are like 2 games in Steam now that are more than $20.00   tongue

its not for me, its for the people that I want to blow up.

Looking forward to EP reset on PVE accounts and generally tweaking other accounts.

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 (edited by Trinch 2014-03-17 00:00:30)

Thx a lot devs for you respect to players that was in your game since alpha. I rly cant believe in this. GL with this awesome decision. Now i am know how much cost our dedication.