51 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-03-16 21:48:07)

Re: New devblog: The end of subscriptions, the start of something new

Edit:

I'm dumb, and need to read.  carry on

52 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-16 21:45:31)

Martha Stuart wrote:

Ya, so let me get this straight.  I have had 2 accounts subbed for 2 years, and 4 more subbed for almost a year. 

2 acc's X 10$ X 24 months  = 240$
4 acct's X 10$ X 12 months = 480$
Total = 720$ USD

you want me to pay you another 180$  to keep playing?

Call me entitled but I feel like the money I have already paid justifies me not having to pay again...  Maybe I have this wrong but I smell a money grab.

You will get free EP boost, with anything over 3 months. Or maybe Paint job! big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Martha: any account that had at least 3 months of subscription EVER will get the game for free.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Martha: any account that had at least 3 months of subscription EVER will get the game for free.

The blog does not highlight this very well. But that's very cool to know.

Celebro wrote:

You will get free EP boost, with anything over 3 months. Or maybe Paint job! big_smile

That's not quite true, credits will be only given for subscriptions spanning into the future (after April 2). Past months do not count here since you already got the EP and gameplay for those as a service.

guys you might want to recheck your system that checks if your account is eligible for a lifetime Perpetuum account.

all 3 of my accounts are not eligible for a lifetime Perpetuum account. and they are all running for 2 years+.

i always bought the codes form one account and got them per mail. then redemmed them on my accounts. intresting that not even the one where i bought them is eligible for a lifetime Perpetuum account.

Alexander wrote:

The blog does not highlight this very well. But that's very cool to know.

I tried to clarify it, hope it's better now.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

guys you might want to recheck your system that checks if your account is eligible for a lifetime Perpetuum account.

Yes, seems there is some bug still, we're looking into it.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

That's not quite true, credits will be only given for subscriptions spanning into the future (after April 2). Past months do not count here since you already got the EP and gameplay for those as a service.

Ok thanks, it's clear to me now.

RIP PERPETUUM

60 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-03-16 21:59:50)

OK. So me that have purchased several 30 days codes are not eligible to get the game for free? Cause it says I'm not... roll

Edit. Saw that you took this up here^. Hope it gets sorted.

The only way I could see justifying changing your name, is to buy another characters account and modify it to your liking ... is this in the works? and do you really need unlimited EP resets, for money? could it be at most once a year?

Question : 1 ICE is equal to X Pertuum Credit but can we buy 1 EP booster with this X Perpetuum Credit ?

SO 1 ICE = 1 EP Booster ??

Aaron Sool wrote:

OK. So me that have purchased several 30 days codes are not eligible to get the game for free? Cause it says I'm not... roll

Several meaning 2? Then no you can buy ICE now and that will make it 3 months and u should be fine

RIP PERPETUUM

64 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-03-16 22:11:48)

Can a DEV please comment, on how you are considering to counteract EP reset exploitation, so that players cannot suddenly all change to i.e. green or yellow for tactical reasons, like we had it before? How will the DEV´s be keeping the diversity of robots played in this game, when everyone can reset their non persistent character? Do please comment, because this really is a very big concern to me. Even when you have a 12month reset, if a corp suddenly decides, we all reset together to a particular colour, this will not be a counteract to this exploit and you now, we had this before.

I have been here from the beginning of the game and stayed active for more or less the whole time.  But always subed supporting the game.
If perpetuum loses its persistence now, which is one of the main characteristics of this game, this will be a k.o. criteria for me. And I cannot see a reason to further participate. You need money, which is ok, sell vanity items, EP boosts, and what not, but please do not change the persistent world and transfer it to a cheap juvenile game where you don´t have to be man enough to live with made your choices, as they will form your agent over time to an individual which will make up the diversity of the face of NIA.

Please do not ignore this post, I really would appreciate a comment on this. I am really concerned.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Celebro wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:

Several meaning 2? Then no you can buy ICE now and that will make it 3 months and u should be fine

Ohh, no. More then 10.

Heliaso wrote:

Question : 1 ICE is equal to X Pertuum Credit but can we buy 1 EP booster with this X Perpetuum Credit ?

SO 1 ICE = 1 EP Booster ??

Correct.

MoBIoS wrote:

Can a DEV please comment, on how you are considering to counteract EP reset exploitation, so that players cannot suddenly all change to i.e. green or yellow for tactical reasons, like we had it before? How will the DEV´s be keeping the diversity of robots played in this game, when everyone can reset their non persistent character? Do please comment, because this really is a very big concern to me. Even when you have a 12month reset, if a corp suddenly decides, we all reset together to a particular colour, this will not be a counteract to this exploit and you now, we had this before.

I have been here from the beginning of the game and stayed active for more or less the whole time.  But always supped supporting the game.
If perpetuum loses its persistence now, which is one of the main characteristics of this game, this will be a k.o. criteria for me. And I cannot see a reason to further participate. You need money, which is ok, sell vanity items, EP boosts, and what not, but please do not change the persistent world and transfer it to a cheap juvenile game where you have to be man enough to live with made your choices, as they will form your agent over time to an individual which will make up the diversity of the face of NIA.

Please do not ignore this post, I really would appreciate a comment on this. I am really concerned.

There is a counter to every race, or at least it should be that way. I see it more as a gameplay preference. Maybe your gaming style changes, and you want to try something new, and you are stuck with what you have, which kinda sucks.

RIP PERPETUUM

68 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-03-16 22:44:31)

@Celebro: but that is exactly what this game persistence is all about. Everything else would just be a cheap blizzard/ EA style to make it more "kids" compliant. If that is the case. ok, I will have to live with it and make my choices upon that. But that would be a very sad turn to take for perpetuum. ofc this is only my opinion.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

69 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-03-16 22:20:10)

1 full EP reset after a month or two is totally fine, when you had the chance to figure your direction.

EDIT: and you can make a new char if you want to play a different game style. Which will be easier then ever before # EP boost you have a valid char aftera bout 3 month. Which would be a 6 month old char in the old way.

#Bad Robot

Can someone who had not eligible falsely reported check again please?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Can someone who had not eligible falsely reported check again please?

I have it now. Thx. big_smile Once again. Well played. wink

More details on EP reset would be nice. I can see potential for abuse with low cost, low cooldown. I personally only want to reset this account. My other 4 are more/less to my liking.

Hopefully your cost/time structure is geared toward players that simply need to make one-time or rare adjustments. But I guess if you will be permitting skill lowering at a cost, the system could be quite fluid.

Please, do expand on details for Resets and Leveling Down

MoBIoS: we're not ignoring the issue and if it does become a problem we'll change things as we always have. For now we're confident that the pricing will prevent the large scale misuses you're describing.

another note for the degrading and account reset:

this might cut quite heavy in your money income as well.
once ppl will have "enough" ep you dont need to buy new booster to get to new bots and stuff. you just respec to what you want. why buy booster when you still get half ep and can repec to what you want. anytime and quite simple.

with that payment option you will encorrage ppl to not spend their money on booster (what should be basicly the same as a sub for ppl that want to improve their character). once you have a bunch of ep you no longer need that. the long term payment will be gone and you only get a few bits instead of a constant flow. once you have maxed out one or two specializations you no longer buy boosters.

unlearning and resetting in a timebased progesssion system always was and is a very very bad idea. rething and recalculate what that means and what players can do and how to exploit that. because you should know: players will always use it to a maximum. and i hope i dont have to remind you at the skyhigh walls and the needed gamma reset. i have told you that gamma will need a reset because this will get out of hand. and isaid this shortly after gamma launch. (the posts are still in this forum). and this will be the same.
this will get out of hand because players ca do.
and pricing will make no big difference. you want to make money out of it so making it expensive is no option. then nobody buys it and you make no money out of it. the you can remove it altogether. so it has to be cheep enough that players find it attractive. and then it will be abused way more then you think it will. remember gamma...

75 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-03-16 22:53:25)

Thank you Zoom for responding. But you already know it has become a severe issue in the past and you changed it because of this and please do not ignore this.
How do you want players like me keep paying for the game? I am totally maxed out EP wise, I just EP reset now and again and am maxed in a new class again.
How would you be getting any money from me? If not to boost a new char or progress in a new class, for instance.

I think you are considering this on short terms, as a money gain. How expensive will an EP reset need to be to prevent corps from exploiting this? 500€? Talking about myself, 50€ or so would definitely not stop me and most of the ppl I now, if this will give me a major advantage with my corp If I know my enemy is all blue I go yellow easy as that. How very cheap is this for a "persitent" game?

#Bad Robot