Re: Joker's trick

Dev Zoom,

Please just place people on jump and skip the black station.

If that protection isnt long enough, you need a newer PC or need to be more careful in Beta/Gamma.

otherwise the PvP is badly broken with this hiding in the teleporters.

players have stated that they will abuse it until it is fixed

As you mentioned, players cant be locked in syndicate anyways.

Thanks for reading.

++

Shadowmine wrote:

Anyway to keep the mechanic as it is, but if you jump island with a pvp flag the server automatically places your bot on terrain after few second delay? Sucks for slow computers and internet connections, but such is the life of a pvper. It can still be used for disappearing haulers, but at least bots can be killed in pvp again.

We are really enjoying the flow of PvP tele jumping, please consider two posts above.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, solution proposal #3:

You can't teleport while you're in combat, but NPCs won't aggro while you have molecular instability.
This means you can escape from NPCs if you pay attention, however PvP teleport camps are deadly.

Burial wrote:

It has zero effect on interisland jumps. The instability ends on point with protection and the target can jump back and perform the exploit without anyone being able to lock and aggress him.

Still thinking about this... I mean the "can't teleport while in combat" solution.

We have two different situations:

1. You are being chased and you want to teleport. Whether you committed to PvP or not, you are in combat if you've been attacked in the past 15 seconds (I think that's the timer). You can't escape via teleport, so the solution totally works here.

This is THE situation why this topic has been made I think.

The other one, the one you pointed out, is not really that straightforward in terms of *this* bug being the reason for it.

Here's why.

2. You are not in combat whatsoever, and you teleport. Nice people wanting to tear you a new one awaiting you on the other side. You have protection, they can't lock you. Protection ends, you teleport back without them being able to lock you down in combat. So far this is nothing new, it goes down like this with or without limbo.

From here on, you have two choices (assuming you don't want to fight):

a. The old method. Get the hell outta there, away from the teleport, expecting that they will follow you through it. (IF you arrived back on a PvP zone that is.)

b. The new method. Get stuck in limbo intentionally.

Now why the hell would you choose this?

If there are at least two attackers, the only thing they have to do is one of them goes to the other side and they got you trapped. They only have to wait, but you don't know anything about when it's safe to log back, and they can be sure that you're going to pop up on either side.

Sure, you can play that game of log in, see whether they are still there, get into limbo again. But seriously, how many times do you think someone will do this while the others just sit there and watch your agony? You basically kill your own game.

In the first choice of running away you at least know that you could escape because you are in control. But here it's game over for you, for an unknown time. They may not be able to kill you, but they sure as hell denied you doing anything.

tl;dr: I still think not allowing teleporting while in combat would solve this.

55 (edited by Merkle 2014-01-23 04:11:37)

Its far from game over.

What will happen is "Hey guys were beat, log off for 12 hours and then get out."   Your completely underestimating the determination of the player.  As well as before you log in...you scout with something, unless your a complete idiot, which, Hell, will happen.

You choose that as its 100 % safe, verse, I will take my chances.

If your wanting to do the "aggression" thing, will work both ways, on all teleports, internals and externals.

If you do the timer you nerf all mobility of a fleet, but I'm not saying that is a bad or good thing.

Also I do wish to point out, this will make any fast lock bot the way to go.  Have him on a tele, wait for a hauler to move off to plant there tele, log in, agress, kill.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Yes, but my point is that you "don't lose a kill" and get mad about it like in the 1st situation, because there wasn't even a fight in the first place.

Can you also do this with mobile teleports?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

Sure, I suppose they have the same problem like fixed teleports.

59 (edited by Gremrod 2014-01-23 04:19:33)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Sure, I suppose they have the same problem like fixed teleports.

So like Fringe science you can create your own (Limbo) pocket universe any place you can take a mobile TP! tongue

Gremrod wrote:

So like Fringe science you can create your own (Limbo) pocket universe any place you can take a mobile TP! tongue

Yeah, we had wormhole space before EVE and didn't even know about it wink

This will be a simple way to evac any fleet anywhere to safety without having to wait on basically anything.

I know what your saying about not having a fight, but this shouldn't even be a option to do this.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

This will be a simple way to evac any fleet anywhere to safety without having to wait on basically anything.

I know what your saying about not having a fight, but this shouldn't even be a option to do this.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Merkle wrote:

It will not be for long. I mean they will fix it. big_smile

Merkle: As far as I understand we need a quick solution here. It's not perfect, but we won't go back to the "you failed loading fast enough, bye" method. That would be just shoveling sh*t from one bucket into another, pardon for the expression.

65 (edited by Lemon 2014-01-23 04:45:41)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Merkle: As far as I understand we need a quick solution here. It's not perfect, but we won't go back to the "you failed loading fast enough, bye" method. That would be just shoveling sh*t from one bucket into another, pardon for the expression.

Just for clarity purposes.

I was able to achieve a fast enough lock that with the proper MS(Ping) to the server I could Lock>Fire>Kill anything without a plate that had a frame Mech and below.

I believe I had a 1.7-1.9 second Lock during this. It was one of the work arounds I tested for when the mechanics were being toyed with to resolve insta gate poping.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon: if your point is that even in my 2nd situation you really would have to watch your timing because you would have a window of just a few seconds to teleport, then you're correct.

1.9 sec lock time does you no good on interisland teleports, as long as you can press the teleport button in 1.9 seconds. (really easy to do as you land within teleport range)

@Zoom: 15 second timer is better than nothing until a more comprehensive fix can be found.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

DEV Zoom wrote:

Lemon: if your point is that even in my 2nd situation you really would have to watch your timing because you would have a window of just a few seconds to teleport, then you're correct.

I just wanted to put it in the open, because the issue I noticed was the 'victim' would actually change screens and from teleporting sometimes disappearing to the destination. Then a *poof* and the can appears.

Sometimes you could even see them gain the invulnerability buffs before they vanished and still died.

This is super extreme cases but while we are on the subject of teleporter abuse I figured it was worth mentioning

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

DEV Zoom wrote:

Actually we really dont need a fast, quick fix.

I really could careless if its in or not.  STC as a group will continue to play without using the mechanic.

I would rather have a fix that works very well, then something that is just meh.

Your basically not changing the mechanic at all, just adding in a agress timer so you cant jump out to use it in the first place.  Which does nothing of impacting the external gates, and makes people vulnerable on the internal gates.
I can conseed lock-times will have little impact on players on the external gates, just only if they try to place a tele down then they are ***!

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

70 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-23 06:13:50)

DEV Zoom wrote:

1. You are being chased and you want to teleport. Whether you committed to PvP or not, you are in combat if you've been attacked in the past 15 seconds (I think that's the timer). You can't escape via teleport, so the solution totally works here.

This is THE situation why this topic has been made I think.

If I read this right you are saying that if I'm agressed I cannot use the teleport? Thus am stuck ...er warp scrambled? And now just sit there and die in a corner?

If I read that right it's a radical change from current mechanics, especially for all you armor tele huggers. Why kill your armor tele if by the act of shooting you, you can't even use it?

I'm surprised to hear this limbo has always existed. The graphic has been there only a couple weeks after some patch or perhaps the hard drive swap. Surprised it was never discovered before.

I hope there is a surgical fix that does not tear down other long established mechanics.

How about just forcing the character through after, say two minute cap? Those with awesome PC jump quickly but if your client lags like 30-90 seconds you still have your sindictate protection. But if your PC is so bad you lag for longer than two minutes you are forced through the tele. And if you logged out in process or legitimately crashed, you have two minutes before forced through the other side. Then your insta log off timer starts ticking so you can't be saved by overlapping timers.  Hope that makes sense.

iPhone is terrible

Agreed Rex, I would much rather see a module used for this scramming then a mechanic of the Dev's.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Agreed Rex, I would much rather see a module used for this scramming then a mechanic of the Dev's.

Now that would be a cool mod

73 (edited by Hunter 2014-01-23 06:26:13)

I can't get why it's so hard to fix? How about systems thinking.

How it should work? Client should disappear on the one side, prepare it's self, and show up on the other side.

Where is the problem? - If client not responses, obviously he is not ready.
There are two reasons:
1) Technical: crash or disconnect.
2) Human: Closing the window or manual disconnect.

I think the obvious reason exactly in losing the connect.This is a human or provider problem - not server and developers (so no need respond for this).
Closing the window - should be again and again players problem.
So there remains crashes. Yes, they happens very often. But as far as i remember client continues his task until crash report will be saved. So there are primitive mechanic to avoid instant closing the window.

Summary: Server must deploy robot on terrain everytime except cases when he got crash report/signal. Everything other should be a problem of players.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

74 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-23 06:48:54)

Dev Zoom,

A person once in a while dying at a gate because his system is slower is better than changing the whole world.

He has syndicate protection and cant be locked or shot.  What is the issue?

That one guy with 10yo pc??

come on man

Increase syndicate a little bit and once in a while a dude will die but who cares?

compared to what you are suggesting.

DEV Zoom wrote: