1 (edited by Hunter 2014-01-22 08:25:05)

Topic: Joker's trick

Do you remember that children? lol

...so today Joker's (corp) showed new one! smile

At this time they made to disappear a whole seth! He jumped through the teleport and... gone Wooohooo!! sadly, but he not heard our applauds. fuuu

Of course this is not magic. This is a trick and i hurry to share with you it's secret! So everyone can use it. Especially poor haulers.

Ok, there is the secret:
When you push "teleport" button, server docking you in to temporary black terminal. It's dark and cramped, but it's safe... and if you will be quite fast to close client window - server will be confused... He will think that you been crashed and not deploy you even with PvP flag. TADAAAAAAAAM!!!!!

P.S. And yes our opponents know it and started use long time ago. Peanut, say Hi! smile
(maybe thats why i still play this game? - because of enemies don't stop surprise me again and again?)

P.S.P.S. A little phantasy:
Hunter: I'm speculate again?
DeV: Dammit you must been write a ticket, not on the forum!
Hunter: Sorry, i will... After you resolve previous... Like this one.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Joker's trick

It's Magic lol

Well I would have posted this myself probably because there is no solution to this that covers everything.

Problem: you press the teleport button, the server removes your robot from the source zone, the client tells the server when it's done loading with the other zone, the server puts you on the terrain on the other side. If this wouldn't happen like this, people who have slow computers/connection and are loading slow would be exposed to attacks while they don't even see their robot.

Solution #1: can't teleport while in combat. This would cover the whole problem, but if you jump into a roaming observer spawn hugging the teleport you're most probably dead because you can't go back.

Solution #2: can't teleport with a PvP flag. This would cover only those who entered PvP, not those who are running. And of course it was you (the players) who asked to be able to teleport with a PvP flag.

I've seen this happen a lot for various reasons. If you have a problem post it and get it fixed.

I'd like to remind you that so far jokers have been able to:

Have indestructible bots
Have infinite haulers
Been able to log anyone we want out of the game at any time

Among others and have reported every one.

If we were the big bad exploiters you claim then I think you would know.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Please don't make this a corporation banter topic.

Dev Zoom,

I would say turn off island to island PvP until you can properly implement it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Well I would have posted this myself probably because there is no solution to this that covers everything.

Problem: you press the teleport button, the server removes your robot from the source zone, the client tells the server when it's done loading with the other zone, the server puts you on the terrain on the other side. If this wouldn't happen like this, people who have slow computers/connection and are loading slow would be exposed to attacks while they don't even see their robot.

Solution #1: can't teleport while in combat. This would cover the whole problem, but if you jump into a roaming observer spawn hugging the teleport you're most probably dead because you can't go back.

Solution #2: can't teleport with a PvP flag. This would cover only those who entered PvP, not those who are running. And of course it was you (the players) who asked to be able to teleport with a PvP flag.

Gunner wrote:

Dev Zoom,

I would say turn off island to island PvP until you can properly implement it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

+1 ... Best immediate temporary solution. Wont stop unflagged haulers frim using this to escape a gank, but its better than nothing.

Island to island PVP is awesome and should not be removed.

Can't there be just upper ceiling time for agents staying in the black terminal? Let's say, when server realizes someone has been in the black terminal for more than 3 minutes, it will spit him out.

Burial wrote:

Can't there be just upper ceiling time for agents staying in the black terminal? Let's say, when server realizes someone has been in the black terminal for more than 3 minutes, it will spit him out.

Ok so I am flagged, wait 2 minutes, jump, disco, terminal spits me out 3 minutes later on terrain no PVP flag.
Nah.

I never understood the benefit of island to island pvp anyways ... + is contimued PVP vs - of having a flagged guy stuck, and able to kill while he waits for his flag to drop to escape. And with island to island a smart fleet simply has unflagged haulers on the alpha side dropping armoured teles (trademark STC manuever smile) to allow escape. ... I just don't see it as a great benefit myself.

So is this consider a exploit or not?  As we have already observed several players use this on multiple occasions.

As basically if it's not were just run around in stuff and then run to a external when we want to stop PVP'ing, with 100% safety.

I would agree with keeping the PVP flag through islands, it really opens the game up on multiple levels for everyone involved.

I do hope you can find a novel way to fix it!

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

It will be when whole fleets vanish over and over again.

Then, Zoom with be like hey that isnt intended.

derpy derp

Merkle wrote:

So is this consider a exploit or not?  As we have already observed several players use this on multiple occasions.

As basically if it's not were just run around in stuff and then run to a external when we want to stop PVP'ing, with 100% safety.

I would agree with keeping the PVP flag through islands, it really opens the game up on multiple levels for everyone involved.

I do hope you can find a novel way to fix it!

12 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-01-22 19:34:01)

Remove island to island PVP or tell the peeps with slow connections to deal with it. I don't really care, but this has to be fixed ASAP.  FYI I will be personally making use of this "Feature" until it is fixed, as will everyone else.

Zoom is trying to say that people with slower systems and poorer internetz with be able to do this even easier.

Turn it off for now.

I love island to island PvP but the Xploits are just starting now.

Burial wrote:

14 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-22 19:33:13)

++++

Martha Stuart wrote:

Remove island to island PVP or tell the peeps with slow connections to deal with it. I don't really care, but this has to be fixed ASAP.  FYI I will be personally making use of this "Feature" until it is fixed, as will everyone else.

This is not about sololy flag to flag, this is about people getting their hauler stuck on a gate.  People will just Hide in The teleport till the aggressor runs away and then move them.  This is broken and needs to be immediately fix.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Just to be perfectly clear here, this is not a "feature" that can be turned off. This is a fundamental mechanic, and the only way to "fix" that you can't get stuck in teleport limbo is that your robot would instantly reappear on the other side of the teleport.

And this would be then true not only for the teleport, but deploying from a terminal or logging in to the terrain as well. You can think about how much time all these operations take for you and how long your robot would be exposed while you're looking at a progress bar.

Hence the solution to not even let you through a teleport in a situation where this can be abused.

17 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-01-22 20:29:59)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Just to be perfectly clear here, this is not a "feature" that can be turned off. This is a fundamental mechanic, and the only way to "fix" that you can't get stuck in teleport limbo is that your robot would instantly reappear on the other side of the teleport.

And this would be then true not only for the teleport, but deploying from a terminal or logging in to the terrain as well. You can think about how much time all these operations take for you and how long your robot would be exposed while you're looking at a progress bar.

Hence the solution to not even let you through a teleport in a situation where this can be abused.

Call it whatever people want too, the simple bottom line is this:  this "Whatever" has single handedly destroyed PVP.  It must be fixed in any way, shape, or form immediately.

What is the point of engaging anything if you know for a fact the enemy fleet will just go to an external and disappear every time they start to lose an engagement?  This will happen every time.  This single "Whatever" has re-written the PVP playbook for everyone.  I know others will do this because this is exactly what I'm gonna do.

Zoom, this is happening after patch isnt it ? So there should be a solution.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

It's not just as simple as turning inter-island PVP off. Some hauler caught at teleports can use it just as much as everyone else.

DEV Zoom wrote:

go chat with crm or Alf as I worked with them on teleport mechanic abuse awhile ago. One of your options is the old method they tried fixing with the current way now broken with PvP jumping

do I need to remind everyone of l how it was back in the day 1 shorting people on gates in load screens

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Ah crappers, you are correct.

jeez

I blame hunter

Burial wrote:

It's not just as simple as turning inter-island PVP off. Some hauler caught at teleports can use it just as much as everyone else.

Inda wrote:

Zoom, this is happening after patch isnt it ? So there should be a solution.

No, this has been like this forever, but people (and we) only found out how it can be abused just now.

Well, something changed in the last 2 months. Before that, rarely if ever I saw a black terminal while teleporting. Now its 85% of the time.

Delcimus wrote:

Well, something changed in the last 2 months. Before that, rarely if ever I saw a black terminal while teleporting. Now its 85% of the time.

I didnt saw that before, and even didnt hear somebody report it.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Delcimus wrote:

It's possible that something changed that makes you *see* that black terminal, which is basically the "teleport limbo", but the limbo state has been there from the beginning.