Re: Joker's trick

How about this:

Player uses a teleport (any kind). He disappears on point A and appears on point B immediately, BUT! instead of being under Syndicate protection and stuff, he does have detection at 0-1 and masking at >9000 until one of the next happens: he turns an module on, he moves, he turns his camera, he press an exit/close client button?

In other words, he can't be seen nor see anything until he does something that obviously shows it was intended action.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

77 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-01-23 08:15:44)

PVP centric games are not designed around players who use slower PC's and slower internet connections.  Hence why conterstrike, Battlefield, COD, etc etc do not run on slower PC's/connections.  This is why you have recommended system requirements.  If your not this tall, you don't get to ride this ride.

Martha Stuart wrote:

PVP centric games are not designed around players who use slower PC's and slower internet connections.  Hence why conterstrike, Battlefield, COD, etc etc do not run on slower PC's/connections.  This is why you have recommended system requirements.  If your not this tall, you don't get to ride this ride.

That's true, however, Perpetuum utilizes CPU/GPU like a pig and needs to be optimized FIRST and THEN everyone else should suffer.

I mean, look - my PC can handle up to 3 clients on minimized settings - I will suffer some lags on Gammas especially etc. You might think - hey he needs better PC....BUT! running those 3 clients on min settings, I can adidtionally run 1-2 EVE clients on med and above settings - and those EVE clients will run without any problems.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

That's true, however, Perpetuum utilizes CPU/GPU like a pig and needs to be optimized FIRST and THEN everyone else should suffer.

I mean, look - my PC can handle up to 3 clients on minimized settings - I will suffer some lags on Gammas especially etc. You might think - hey he needs better PC....BUT! running those 3 clients on min settings, I can adidtionally run 1-2 EVE clients on med and above settings - and those EVE clients will run without any problems.

Perhaps lag is deserved punishment for running multiple accounts you pay2win pigz!

The problem that IMO needs addressing is jumping back and forth on external teleport, no care in the world.

Syndicate Protection and Molecular Instability buffs run out exactly the same time when doing island to island jumps and those teleports spit you out well within a range to jump back again, meaning it's practically impossible to kill people jumping back and forth between two islands. In the end it's a battle of who has more time and patience or more friends coming by. It's quite nice with internal jumps: protection runs out before stability and you have few seconds to lock and shoot.

I'm not sure teleporting should be disbled when aggressed. There's a great suggestion on teleblock module that seems to be a better option too, like previously pointed out. Current proposed change is extremely potent weapon for gankers.

Line wrote:

How about this:

Player uses a teleport (any kind). He disappears on point A and appears on point B immediately, BUT! instead of being under Syndicate protection and stuff, he does have detection at 0-1 and masking at >9000 until one of the next happens: he turns an module on, he moves, he turns his camera, he press an exit/close client button?

In other words, he can't be seen nor see anything until he does something that obviously shows it was intended action.

Although Line is a whiny ****, I actually like this idea. Up to 5min masking boost and keep the 1min syndicate protection.

-1 for not being able to jump while aggressed. Gives who ever is attacking the advantage every time. Like someone else said, there'd be no escape. Why bother with armored teleports if all you have to do is shoot the person wanting to jump.

Bad Idea. Sorry I don't have any suggestions as to how to fix it, but that's why I pay you $30 a month.

83 (edited by Burial 2014-01-23 16:52:06)

Here is what I propose. It removes the intermediate black terminal completely and replaces it with Session Change buff that makes the target untargetable, invisible and blind(0 detection / 9999999 masking).

There's 3 different ways Session Change buff can dissapear:

• It expires. It lasts for 120 seconds and will expire after that, making that the maximum amount of time you have for loading the scene.

• Client breaks it when it sends the server it has finished loading the scene.

• As a safety precaution, it should also break when agent activates a module or moves.

Basically Session Change buff is very much like Black Terminal since it makes the agent invisible and untargetable, only difference is it expires after 120 seconds.

Now here is the part I'm unsure if it's implementable or not: Once Session Change buff dissapears in any of the 3 ways outlined previously, it activates Syndicate Protection and Molecular Instability that work like they do now.

Since I'm bored, here's a screenshot to explain it a little bit more. Notice that I changed the Molecular Instability and Syndicate Protection times, making an agent attackable for 10 seconds on each jump, regardless if it's inter or same island jump. I would do the same for undocking a terminal.

84 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-23 17:00:48)

^
That would be fine ONLY if this session timer cannot overlap with existing instant log out timer. Otherwise you could disconnect on jump, and sit on other side completely invisible while your instant log timer allows you to escape without aggression.

...nearly same as existing problem minus flag mechanic effects on instant log out.

Smokey, I crash sometimes as well when I use teleports, or enter terminal, or whatever. You were PvP flagged and your heavy was almost dead to a group of assaults.

Maybe no conspiracy on your part, but why did you not restart your client?

And Ville, Merkle gonna hide fleets at tps now? So far who has used this exploit? Or more politely said, who has benefitted from this unintended side effect of allowing externally flagged PvP jumping? Not our side.  And tell me since Peanut was aware of this for awhile, when exactly did he report it to the Devs? Oh right, he didn't. Why?

Its clearly not an intended mechanic. I will never use it. If I crash while jumping, in any situation, you can bet your *** I will be relogging as fast as my comp will let me.

In the immediate, please restore no external PvP flagged jumping, as it was before. Jita stated it simply, declare it an exploit and ban anyone who uses it. Inform anyone if they crash while jumping, unintended, they need to relog in immediately or they may be accused of abusing mechanics. Just make it clear. And figure out a fix in the meantime.

Rage Rex wrote:

Perhaps lag is deserved punishment for running multiple accounts you pay2win pigz!

And you are and ur corp mates / us side not p2w pigz, tell to us more plz.

Who is paranoid now?

Cassius wrote:

Smokey, I crash sometimes as well when I use teleports, or enter terminal, or whatever. You were PvP flagged and your heavy was almost dead to a group of assaults.

And Ville, Merkle gonna hide fleets at tps now? So far who has used this exploit? Or more politely said, who has benefitted from this unintended side effect of allowing externally flagged PvP jumping? Not our side.  And tell me since Peanut was aware of this for awhile, when exactly did he report it to the Devs? Oh right, he didn't. Why?

Its clearly not an intended mechanic. I will never use it. If I crash while jumping, in any situation, you can bet your *** I will be relogging as fast as my comp will let me.

In the immediate, please restore no external PvP flagged jumping, as it was before. Jita stated it simply, declare it an exploit and ban anyone who uses it. Inform anyone if they crash while jumping, unintended, they need to relog in immediately or they may be accused of abusing mechanics. Just make it clear. And figure out a fix in the meantime.

+++ any of this below is better than flags not going through teles

Burial wrote:

Here is what I propose. It removes the intermediate black terminal completely and replaces it with Session Change buff that makes the target untargetable, invisible and blind(0 detection / 9999999 masking).

There's 3 different ways Session Change buff can dissapear:

• It expires. It lasts for 120 seconds and will expire after that, making that the maximum amount of time you have for loading the scene.

• Client breaks it when it sends the server it has finished loading the scene.

• As a safety precaution, it should also break when agent activates a module or moves.

Basically Session Change buff is very much like Black Terminal since it makes the agent invisible and untargetable, only difference is it expires after 120 seconds.

Now here is the part I'm unsure if it's implementable or not: Once Session Change buff dissapears in any of the 3 ways outlined previously, it activates Syndicate Protection and Molecular Instability that work like they do now.

Since I'm bored, here's a screenshot to explain it a little bit more. Notice that I changed the Molecular Instability and Syndicate Protection times, making an agent attackable for 10 seconds on each jump, regardless if it's inter or same island jump. I would do the same for undocking a terminal.

89 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-23 21:59:02)

Dev Zoom,

Are we talking about island to island no teleport in flag or all teleports including mobile?

We can live with island to island which is the way it was a short time ago, but island to island fights have been sooo much fun.    sad

DEV Zoom wrote:
Burial wrote:

It has zero effect on interisland jumps. The instability ends on point with protection and the target can jump back and perform the exploit without anyone being able to lock and aggress him.

Still thinking about this... I mean the "can't teleport while in combat" solution.

Here's why.

In the first choice of running away you at least know that you could escape because you are in control. But here it's game over for you, for an unknown time. They may not be able to kill you, but they sure as hell denied you doing anything.

tl;dr: I still think not allowing teleporting while in combat would solve this.

Cassius wrote:

I did.... Crashed, restarted, asked in TS if it was safe to log back in, they said yes you guys had already moved off the tele, so I logged in. Had about 1/3rd armor left started repping and running down to where everyone else was.

And, the old saying.... Almost doesn't count unless it's horse shoes and hand grenades.

Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Smokeyii wrote:
Cassius wrote:

I did.... Crashed, restarted, asked in TS if it was safe to log back in, they said yes you guys had already moved off the tele, so I logged in. Had about 1/3rd armor left started repping and running down to where everyone else was.

And, the old saying.... Almost doesn't count unless it's horse shoes and hand grenades.

I believe you are a pretty trustworthy guy smokey. Its just hard to believe that some people in your TS channel knew about this exploit and you didn't. For that matter I think optikhan used it in his kain before you did in that fight.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Smokeyii wrote:

I think the same as Shadow, but I guess its just one of those things.

I could ask what if your TS guys said it was not safe, but, whats done is done. Fights are dynamic and evolve quickly.

Thanks for replying to me.

If only I didnt bend your spy over, you would really know.

95 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-01-24 01:30:12)

@ Devs

This is not one of those situations where we talk this out and debate back and forth.  Let me lay this out.  You have a game breaking glitch that has effectively negated a huge portion of your game.  This is not Beacon TFing, or spark tele, or gamma, or any of the other major changes you have planned that require careful thought and time to get right. 

This glitch has broken your game.  Shut down the inter island PVP flag and then fix the problem.  I don't care if it takes 6 months.  But you need to squash this glitch right now and fix it later.  This is game breaking.  i don't care if haulers and un-flagged bots can do it.  But entire fleets cannot be aloud to disappear into perfect saftey whenever the tide turns against them.

Cassius wrote:

So, cargo bug check, hiding entire fleets check, next week we will teach you:  How to solo an observer in a Prometheus.  Then the following week:  How to make Nic the Billion Style.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Martha Stuart wrote:

@ Devs

This is not one of those situations where we talk this out and debate back and forth.  Let me lay this out.  You have a game breaking glitch that has effectively negated a huge portion of your game.  This is not Beacon TFing, or spark tele, or gamma, or any of the other major changes you have planned that require careful thought and time to get right. 

This glitch has broken your game.  Shut down the inter island PVP flag and then fix the problem.  I don't care if it takes 6 months.  But you need to squash this glitch right now and fix it later.  This is game breaking.  i don't care if haulers and un-flagged bots can do it.  But entire fleets cannot be aloud to disappear into perfect saftey whenever the tide turns against them.

It's just another tactic. It can be countered by 100 different things, and to be honest, watching people jump out on an armored teleport and this are nearly the same thing.

@ Cassius - Maybe, maybe not. I'm not afraid to lose bots in pvp. I wouldn't have flagged on a gate with you guys if I was. I was being told on TS to blow up on ya'll.

Smokeyii wrote:

I'm not afraid to lose bots in pvp.

The fact that you used an exploit to cheat and save yourself proves this to be a lie smile  nice try though

Martha Stuart wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

I'm not afraid to lose bots in pvp.

The fact that you used an exploit to cheat and save yourself proves this to be a lie smile  nice try though

Seriously I wasn't even there and I know Smokey woulda suicided before intentionally using some bs mechanic.

How is jumping a tp to try and buy some more time a lie? Either way file your petitions and get him kicked out like you would if it was Syndic. Paranoid?

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Test plz: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -up-again/