Topic: Teleport Scrambler

I was thinking abouth a module to counter teleports 

The module does not reset cooldown only prevents it from beeing used under the effect of scrambling

Teleport will still cool down under the effect of scrambling and will be  reddy to use if the scrambler was jammed/killed

Here is what i was thinking abouth stats for the mods smile

Head slot module

T1
25m range, Cycle time of 2 seconds,  10 AP

T2
25m range, Cycle time of 2 seconds,  8 AP

T3
50m Range, Cycle time of 3 seconds,  18 AP

T4
75m Range, Cycle time of 4 seconds,  28 AP

Module is not affected by Range exstenders.

Im not sure what wuld be a good fitting for it so il leve that out big_smile

Not sure how to bring the exstension part in here but maybe tie it to fittings?

5% reduction in CPU usage per lvl? or some like that tongue

Im sorry for my terrible english writing skillz

2 (edited by Burial 2013-11-09 14:29:00)

Re: Teleport Scrambler

I had something similar in my mind and think it would be good addition. I would want it to fit on some fast bot so not too heavy fittings! Maybe something like a detector?

The bonus could be whatever and is not very important. Either fitting, accumulator use, range etc.

Yeah i was thinking abouth detector fitting req aswell or similar

When it comes to range i dint whant it to be to easy by hiding behind alot of plants but make ppl risk it if they relly whanted to keep ppl from jumping.  This way the jumpers/jumper  will have a chanse to deffend and escape.

May be add range but have it LOS?   This way it wuld be a good exstension to get up aswell for the range that is big_smile

Not as long as a shielded evasive Trojar is still impossible to kill by bots without Neut and Kain has no possibility to fit 2 neuts without getting lol-fitted concerning all other enemies.

Goffer wrote:

Not as long as a shielded evasive Trojar is still impossible to kill by bots without Neut and Kain has no possibility to fit 2 neuts without getting lol-fitted concerning all other enemies.

might be an idea to not allow this whit shield up?   Altho i dont think its a good thing

Tyrannos, Troiar, Waspish  are broken as hell but thats a diffrent issue

Castel with maxed skills is *** hard to kill too.

Burial wrote:

Castel with maxed skills is *** hard to kill too.

!!!!!1!   Ofc i for got a bot tongue

8 (edited by Burial 2013-11-18 01:48:48)

I would also like it to work on both players and teleport beacons.

Wouldn't it be cool if, for example:
Someone goes and drops a beacon 500m from static teleporter and goes back under static to wait for the warm-up. In that time you have both spotted the beacon and moved masked EW bot with blockers near him. When he's running towards the beacon to jump, you both block his beacon and himself and demob his ***, while combats jump to teleport for the kill.

Quite interesting new mechanic.

Well what if we keep the module away from targeting the teleport but insted target players?

this way u dont stopp teleports only the selected/targeted robot. 

obv whit this change range, fitting, AP/cycle time wuld need to be adjusted

10 (edited by Burial 2013-11-18 02:00:03)

I think they both are useful, depending on situation.

For example, for catching someone passing by, you probably want to teleblock a player so he can't get away, but for bigger engagements, it's a lot better to actually shut the beacon itself off.

Thats true but the idea was to not overpower the module by effectivly shut down exspensive teleports and the ability to block mass armys whit a single module.  wuld problably be morre balanced on single bots  this way it can be like a Demober.

Unless the module is relly relly exspensive and skill intensive or some thing like that big_smile

12 (edited by Burial 2013-11-18 02:09:57)

I was thinking about a balance after that post too.

I think it should either get balanced by big accumulator drain(bad because favors bigger bots) or have like 1 min cycle time with 1 minute cooldown. That means if you can't get the enemy down in 1 minutes, he can get away.

Just an idea. There are a lot of ways to balance it.

// Best is probably to have two different kinds of teleblocks, one for beacons and one for players and then balance them individually.

13 (edited by Estamel Tharch0n 2013-11-18 02:24:01)

What if they made a Areal Teleport jammer  witch wuld be a deployable structure (not as in acualy structure but like TPs)

Witch shuld block the use and dropping of teleports whit in a certan radius?

have module for targeted robots but again prolly be relly short ranged so we dont have ppl sniping whit teleblocks that be broke hmm

Make it a bit exspensive maybe? and add some hp but not as much as armored

I think there's room for a lot of different deployable structures. Stuff like proximity bombs, area demobs, area jammers and so on, they all sound interesting.