Re: Spark Teleports

Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:

tl;dr

However, I guess since the issue was a request for a timer, to limit the ability for troops to instantnly redeploy, and the developer that was supposed to be looking at the issues comes back to the thread 2 months later without a clue as to what the first 30 pages were about, I guess this arguement goes to STC.

Gratz, STC wins by means of neglect.

Or our argument is the correct one

This no indication of agreement in your arguement, only a lack of interest that resulted in the status quo.

Arga wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:

tl;dr

However, I guess since the issue was a request for a timer, to limit the ability for troops to instantnly redeploy, and the developer that was supposed to be looking at the issues comes back to the thread 2 months later without a clue as to what the first 30 pages were about, I guess this arguement goes to STC.

Gratz, STC wins by means of neglect.

This no indication of agreement in your arguement, only a lack of interest that resulted in the status quo.

Do you really want me to dig up Zooms post, when i asked him if you thought Spark tele's were overpowered?  and he said no?  i can if you want me too, but i don't really want to go through 40 pages of post to look for it.

And I remember at one point even posting a cooldown idea that would not involve people staring at the terminal background for 10 minutes smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

And I remember at one point even posting a cooldown idea that would not involve people staring at the terminal background for 10 minutes smile

The problem is that sparks allow you to project force instantly to ten different locations - which currently may as well be everywhere.

There has been several different ideas to how to make that less of an issue but the real focus seems to be how badly it effects beta gameplay.

afaik nobody is bothered about gamma sparks or alpha sparks right now.

Number 1 wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

The problem is that sparks allow you to project force instantly to ten different locations - which currently may as well be everywhere.

There has been several different ideas to how to make that less of an issue but the real focus seems to be how badly it effects beta gameplay.

Actuallym everyone have 1 spark set at Alpha-2 main storage base, then (optional) 1 at home/alliance Gamma base, other 3 optional could be Beta-1 main terminals to look for small-scale PvP, and 2-3 more (optional) at those Beta OP that are providing assignments (obsoleted with new system). In worst case that makes 8 targets and I hardly doubt anyone leveled that extension higher that at 9, which leaves one free target which is usually a Tellesis. That's how most of ppl use SpT (IMO) and I don't see a way to control all the Betas with that as you describe here. I mean, you don't see any instant force projections at Iisetsu and Laosura for example, ...

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:
Number 1 wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Actuallym everyone have 1 spark set at Alpha-2 main storage base, then (optional) 1 at home/alliance Gamma base, other 3 optional could be Beta-1 main terminals to look for small-scale PvP, and 2-3 more (optional) at those Beta OP that are providing assignments (obsoleted with new system). In worst case that makes 8 targets and I hardly doubt anyone leveled that extension higher that at 9, which leaves one free target which is usually a Tellesis. That's how most of ppl use SpT (IMO) and I don't see a way to control all the Betas with that as you describe here. I mean, you don't see any instant force projections at Iisetsu and Laosura for example, ...

Small scale pvp whit who?   All i see is SAP Ops`s and soon that will die out aswell

1,032 (edited by Arga 2013-11-08 23:01:53)

Martha Stuart wrote:

Do you really want me to dig up Zooms post, when i asked him if you thought Spark tele's were overpowered?  and he said no?  i can if you want me too, but i don't really want to go through 40 pages of post to look for it.

And there it is, too lazy to defend your assertions, maybe if you could spark to the quote you'd do it.

(Edit: I don't expect devs to actually change anything, but this dig was just too good to pass up)

Arga wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

And there it is, too lazy to defend your assertions, maybe if you could spark to the quote you'd do it.

(Edit: I don't expect devs to actually change anything, but this dig was just too good to pass up)

That wasn't even really that good, you have had far better...imho.  To be brutally honest, if it wasn't for the fact that you used the term "Assertions"  I would have thought beastmode made that post for you.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

That wasn't even really that good, you have had far better...imho.  To be brutally honest, if it wasn't for the fact that you used the term "Assertions"  I would have thought beastmode made that post for you.

Coming from the future xadoofus tongue

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … relations/

-77-  yeah woof woof

end Spark madness

woof woof

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

The idea that you propsosed was pretty good and would be better than the current state.

I'll find it.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Here is your post zoom.  This is a very good start.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok this might have been already suggested and if so I'm sorry, but how about individual cooldowns PER spark teleport target? Jump to a target, cooldown starts for that one only.

This would make it possible to use the system to jump around all your targets exactly once within a given time, which is still ok for marketeers to modify/add their orders, but rules out jumping back and forth quickly between two targets.

This could even have a substantially longer cooldown too, like 12 or 24 hours.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

I admit, I struggled over keeping the 'too lazy ...' part in, but I figured if I just said "maybe you could spark to it" would be too clever for the intended audience.

How to kill Blood Sparking and force atleast one or two Alpha sparks?

Remove the option to set any Alpha terminal and outpost from any terminal as home station. Just the terminal you are in should be allowed to set as a home base.

Burial wrote:

How to kill Blood Sparking and force atleast one or two Alpha sparks?

Remove the option to set any Alpha terminal and outpost from any terminal as home station. Just the terminal you are in should be allowed to set as a home base.

Im sorry if i missed some thing but why is blood sparking a big problem?

Does Sparkteleport not make blood sparking very inefficent?

Right now you can get anywhere on Alpha without setting any Spark Teleports there. Just use homebase and suicide method. That leaves more and more Sparks free for areas such as beta and gamma.

1,043 (edited by Inda 2013-11-10 14:55:06)

NOOOOOO ! big_smile

But still Burial you have balls to say this because I know you are also use it as I.

The Arkhe changes was about to nerf a bit these methods! But dont reached nearly any affevct to it. Becasue ther is a counter you know what i mean.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Like usualy dev nerf things the wrong way

U shuld have to move there and set spawn point not be able to do it remotely from any were to any alphas

The recent nerf wasn't really for Blood Sparking but for people getting Arkhes too easily. smile

But why you get Arkhes? Just for bloosparking big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Why was it so important to fix tho?

Its the closes ting to a shuttle this game has the bot itself sint usefull for any thing but shuttleing

Like some one said before let us produce them at a cheap cost? big_smile

4 Hr Cooldown

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

for blood sparking i now use light bots smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

lol. I'm still use arkhes. Selected an outpost, cleared from bots - so i can request arkhes as many times as i need. smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...