Re: Spark Teleports

Inda wrote:

Wooot 1000.

Still need to think about sparks I think.

Why you lil...guys, next 40 pages plz!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Look at this at next angle: right now, to defend your SAP, you sparking there, wasting a hour, sparking back. Without  SpT you're walking there for a half of hour, wasting a hour, walking for a half of hour back - that already makes 2 hours just trashed Taking into account that average workday's online is about 4 hours, that makes a half of them spent for nothing. You might say that one might live on Beta and spend the same hour as if there was SpT but hey why do we need Gammas there if we don't have any time to spend there, nor defend it? Then you might say that if you need Gamma - live on Gamma, but hey...Epriton...

Your exsamples arent making any sense the hole point of removing or making a cycle timer on spar tele is so that if u relly relly whant to keep or take that outpost u will have to "waste" ur time moving there and not be there instantly when ur needed or if some one is trying to have a smaller skirmish.

Congrats everyone, I don't think we've had a 1000-post topic yet.

...can someone summarize it for me? lol

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Line wrote:

Look at this at next angle: right now, to defend your SAP, you sparking there, wasting a hour, sparking back. Without  SpT you're walking there for a half of hour, wasting a hour, walking for a half of hour back - that already makes 2 hours just trashed Taking into account that average workday's online is about 4 hours, that makes a half of them spent for nothing. You might say that one might live on Beta and spend the same hour as if there was SpT but hey why do we need Gammas there if we don't have any time to spend there, nor defend it? Then you might say that if you need Gamma - live on Gamma, but hey...Epriton...

Your exsamples arent making any sense the hole point of removing or making a cycle timer on spar tele is so that if u relly relly whant to keep or take that outpost u will have to "waste" ur time moving there and not be there instantly when ur needed or if some one is trying to have a smaller skirmish.

Your "the hole point" is just the seen part of an iceberg, that's it.

@Zoom: Just add 5-10 min undeploying timer after a spark teleportation and rework the intrusions system.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

1,005 (edited by Inda 2013-11-08 07:54:26)

Summarize:

Ville starter post:
"Need a cool down 1 hour or 4 hour.   Being round the world in 60 seconds is bad."

montague team                                           capulet team

Spark teleport is somehow broken     < >     Spark teleport is not really broken, low peeps rate is the problem

and still

1                                       < >                            1

team members:                       

Ville                                                                                    Tux
Gunner                                                                               Zortarg Calltar
Inda                                                                                   Line

PVP small scale PVP -ers                                                      "static" team, Gamma fortresses               

Burial big_smile

Mongolia Jones:                                                                   Martha Stuart:
" I can attest that I have PvPed LESS                                      " does no one realize that this would utterly and
because of the spark situation."                                                 completely destroy the little PVP we have?"

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

1,006 (edited by Inda 2013-11-08 08:30:34)

I did an experiment I check after 4 pages to summarize who post and how many.

Ville 17

Gunner 6                                                                                                                Deathmonkey 2
Goffer 2                                                                                                                Tux 3
Jasdemi 2                                                                                                            Zortarg Calltar 4
Exolis                                                                                                                Martha Stuart 9
Homer J Simpson (Obi …. Kenobi) 6                                                                       Shadowmine 2
Doek ? (sarcasm?) 2 ? 3 ? 4 5?                                                                              Merkle 7
Mongolia Jones 6                                                                                                  Cassius 2
BeastmodeGuNs 3
Industrial Sector (Doy) ? (I am not sure what side)
Khader Khan 3
Connect the dots (<12>)
(beaconing vid: http://vimeo.com/71536533)
Ion Halo (NeBS) „I dont care”
Heliaso (Angelwing) 1 h long > 5-10 min
Celebro ?

Burial big_smile 11
                                                        Ludlow Bursar

DEV Zoom 2

IndustryMonkey:  65 (? I cant decide)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

1,007 (edited by Inda 2013-11-08 10:40:14)

For the community \o/ (will be good loking as i will be time)

I did an experiment I check ALL pages to summarize who post.

I am not sure they what think exactly, who has this format

montague side                                                                        capulet side       
Ville 17 (Crusader 4)

Gunner                                                                                  Deathmonkey
Goffer                                                                                     Tux
Jasdemi                                                                                   Zortarg Calltar
Exolis                                                                                           Martha Stuart
Homer J Simpson (Obi Wan Kenobi)                                           Shadowmine (? Shadowplhile)
Doek ? (sarcasm?)                                                                         Merkle
Mongolia Jones                                                                              Cassius
BeastmodeGuNs
Industrial Sector (Doy) ?
Khader Khan

Connect the dots (<12>)
(beaconing vid: http://vimeo.com/71536533)

Ion Halo (NeBS),(Xadhoom?)
Heliaso (Angelwing)
Celebro ?
Arga
Lemon
Inda
Line ?
Doom Beamer
Sundial
Number (Joke, Jita?)
Tonnik, Jita, Perceptor
Rex Amelius (Insidious Rex? )
Hunter ?
Chemist sarcasm
Gibo (M2S)
NoBounceNoPlay
Optikhan
Farm worker
Smokeyii
Estamel Tharch0n

Burial (Kot)
                                                        Ludlow Bursar

DEV Zoom 20:
"Congrats everyone, I don't think we've had a 1000-post topic yet."

montague side                                                            capulet side
WIN in pure numbers                                                  numbers is not EVERYTHING

Energy to Earth!

DEV Zoom wrote:

TLDR: Please force the ppl to buy more accounts, to be able everywhere. Pay2Win game type - thats what we need.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

TLDR: Please force the ppl to buy more accounts, to be able everywhere. Pay2Win game type - thats what we need.

TLDR of the TLDR... I want to keep OP mechanics in game that suit me no matter what others say smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Hunter wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

TLDR of the TLDR... I want to keep OP mechanics in game that suit me no matter what others say smile

TLDR of the TLDR of the TLDR: trololololo

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Haha, thanks Inda big_smile

In all seriousness though, I still have the feeling that people perceive the spark teleport system as much more than what it actually can do.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Haha, thanks Inda big_smile

In all seriousness though, I still have the feeling that people perceive the spark teleport system as much more than what it actually can do.

Dont u understand that ppl do not whant to even trye to engage any one because u never know how many or what will spark in to that station ?

How are ppl suposed to mine at beta now?  all u need to do is spark in to a beta outpost and undock in a light do a scann dock and go on whit w/e u did before.

There is currently no NO pvp outside of saps and even thats broken as ppl just spark in to the outpos that has a intrusion going and spark away again after its done its broken.

Btw wasent the wole point of the saps to have those who ACUALY lived or whanted live on them to have the advantage to keep them   Right now all u need is 1 spark in those outpost now 1 corp can hold all the outpost whit out having to do much effort to keep them logistics u only have to do once a month if u die...   broken like all the other things thats broken whit the game.

Sparks do not make ppl engage or pvp it does the exsact opposite

That's pretty much what I had in mind, thanks for the example of "perceived as more than it is" smile

Dont u understand that ppl do not whant to even trye to engage any one because u never know how many or what will spark in to that station ?

How did they know before spark teleports?

DEV Zoom wrote:

That's pretty much what I had in mind, thanks for the example of "perceived as more than it is" smile

How did they know before spark teleports?

Are u sugjesting ppl wuld have loged off at all their alts at the betas just in case some one is outside?  if ppl are at gamma or alpha or in a diffrent outpost on the same beta iland they wuld have to walk over to ur location.
Isnt this spreading ur forces tiner?

There is also diffrence in maybe having some one log on than have ur wole corp spark just because they can from were ever they are.

Wuldnt this mean that ppl wuld acualy have to be there? Live there? doing stuff?  and not spark in when some thing happens? or a sap oppens up?

The wole sparking is a lazy lazy game mechanic.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

There is also diffrence in maybe having some one log on than have ur wole corp spark just because they can from were ever they are.

Yes, and what can they do if they don't have any equipment/robots there? Spark teleport still does not bring over any of that... (That's the part people tend to forget about I think.)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Wuldnt this mean that ppl wuld acualy have to be there? Live there? doing stuff?  and not spark in when some thing happens? or a sap oppens up?

...and if they indeed have suitable robots and equipment there to put up a fight, doesn't that mean that they live there, just a little bit? Doesn't that mean they have to make an effort to make robots and equipment and bring them there beforehand, and keep the base stocked at all times so they can spark there and dock out in something?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Yes, and what can they do if they don't have any equipment/robots there? Spark teleport still does not bring over any of that...

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

...and if they indeed have suitable robots and equipment there to put up a fight, doesn't that mean that they live there, just a little bit?

U only need to bring stuff in once in a wile like most corp now have 100s of bots lying around 1 scarab run wuld prolly have u sorted for a month or morre.

Oppen ur map and ask ur self do these corp relly live all over BETA and dont forget their gamma bases aswell.......    So no if they have stuff there does not mean they live there.  Just means they are reddy to gank or take saps.

Just tell me u agree that 1 corp shuldnt be able to deffend all beta SAPs just because they can blink (spark)  here and there..

1,017 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-08 16:01:11)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

How is this any different from the way it was before spark teleports?  Prior to spark teleports there would be 1 or 2 detector/scouts outside looking for an incoming enemy fleet.  Once the enemy was scouted (numbers, fleet composition, direction, etc etc) The defending fleet would refit to counter the enemy fleet, or not engage at all if numbers were to great.  How is this any different from what we have now?

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

How are ppl suposed to mine at beta now?  all u need to do is spark in to a beta outpost and undock in a light do a scann dock and go on whit w/e u did before.

You own a beta OP and use the lock out mechanics and make NAPs with the other corps on the island, so you aren't constantly attacking each others indy's.  Exactly how it was before Sparks.  Or you do like every other new corp has done prior to gamma and ninja mine.  STC did this for months and months, but we had worked out that after the first sequer load of Epri was off the island you had already payed for the bots you were using to mine it.  So if they got blown up you had already made more than the replacement costs.  Anything after the first sequer load was gravy on top.  Also, you make Epri mining a corp event so you can have combats out patrolling/protecting your miners so when baddies show up the combats can run cover for your indys.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

There is currently no NO pvp outside of saps and even thats broken as ppl just spark in to the outpos that has a intrusion going and spark away again after its done its broken.

Spark teleports didn't kill the roaming PVP.  Walls/Gamma did that.  Roaming PVP died long before spark teleports were implemented.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Btw wasent the wole point of the saps to have those who ACUALY lived or whanted live on them to have the advantage to keep them   Right now all u need is 1 spark in those outpost now 1 corp can hold all the outpost whit out having to do much effort to keep them logistics u only have to do once a month if u die...   broken like all the other things thats broken whit the game.

Prior to Gamma only the strongest Corps/alliances lived on Beta.  Even the corps that did live on gamma, only mined Epri and harvested norg/helo/tri.  They didn't actually Live on betas, because they mined everything else on Alpha and hauled it in, or did like the rest of us did and just did all your production on the closest Alpha 2.  So long as the minerals are available on Alpha, where they can be mined in complete safety, no one will "Live" on beta.  Add to that the fact that if your Corp is strong enough to "Live" on Beta, your corp is strong enough to Live on gamma.  It is vastly superior to live on gamma than it is to live on beta.  Post gamma patch, the idea of living on beta is completely absurd.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Sparks do not make ppl engage or pvp it does the exsact opposite

Incorrect sir, what spark teleports do is give the advantage back to the defender, where it should have been all along.

Spark TP isn't the decider on how many outpost a corporation can hold and protect.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Just tell me u agree that 1 corp shuldnt be able to deffend all beta SAPs just because they can blink (spark)  here and there..

I agree, but this is not because of spark teleports, it's because of low population.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

I agree, but this is not because of spark teleports, it's because of low population.

lol relly low population?

I only gets alot worse.

Tell me in what way is spark teleport good?

Also Burial yes its athe deciding factor to who hold what because once game grows the bigest alliances will be able to hold of other corps/alliances whit out having to live there they can just spark when its SAPs come out.

Imagine CIR still playing none of u wuld ever own a outpost....

1,021 (edited by Burial 2013-11-08 17:15:54)

Only true if there are two sides where one is bigger than the other(what we had past 6 months). Once there are more smaller sides that could band up to take on the bigger, things change.

When the outpost ownerships are spreading out more, Spark TP isn't really that powerful anymore. What's the point of Sparking in to Beta terminal to have a quick scout-around knowing very well you are spotted and enemies have assemblied bots to tackle you?

I agree, it was very powerful for the past 6 months. tongue

Anyway, I understand what you are after very well. You want to run small gang stuff like you are used to without getting hotdropped by sparking forces. It just doesn't work at this moment because more or less only PVP on Beta is SAP pvp and SAP pvp is naturally blob pvp.

Nothing bad with small gang PVP and hopefully it picks up so we can all have fun. Got to keep market open and watch Epriton prices. The moment they start to go up, there's a chance for some kills. smile

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

STC and other Corps, maintained Beta OPs through both of CIR's comebacks.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

STC and other Corps, maintained Beta OPs through both of CIR's comebacks.

Because they could not give enough *** the last few times, but hey, 3rd times a charm right?(steam)

That one forum warrior

tl;dr

However, I guess since the issue was a request for a timer, to limit the ability for troops to instantnly redeploy, and the developer that was supposed to be looking at the issues comes back to the thread 2 months later without a clue as to what the first 30 pages were about, I guess this arguement goes to STC.

Gratz, STC wins by means of neglect.

1,025 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-08 18:58:18)

Arga wrote:

tl;dr

However, I guess since the issue was a request for a timer, to limit the ability for troops to instantnly redeploy, and the developer that was supposed to be looking at the issues comes back to the thread 2 months later without a clue as to what the first 30 pages were about, I guess this arguement goes to STC.

Gratz, STC wins by means of neglect.

Or our argument is the correct one