Re: Epriton to be removed from gamma islands

DEV Zoom wrote:

Regarding NPCs on fields the only thing I agree with is that it must be a pita to mine under constant lock jamming. Maybe we can come up with something for that.

I don't want to derail this topic so see this one.

This *** is *** hilarious!!  I have a theory.  I think ACs down to a semi part time code monkey and this is a quick easy fix for them.  This is like being able to pick out the lobster before it dies.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Why has no one read my previous post yet!!!! It explains everything.....

I read it sir, and i agree.  Ninja mining was some of the most butt puckering excitement Perp has ever given me, not to mention that you could make huge profits from it too.

Read the whole thing as well and it was spot on Shadow. I too share Martha's sentiments on ninja mining big_smile

Outsmarting the sharks looking for you is half the fun of it too, I say bring it on!

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I may not have been clear, I'm not against this change necessarily, but I do think it's not going to have a positive impact if it's not followed up with another change that returns value to gamma.

130 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-09-04 20:29:30)

NERD RAGE! (i'm on the nerd excitement side)

but seriously DEV's I think this will be a change for the better.  Logistics, PVP, a reason to fight for Beta, plus corp mining OP's.  We will adapt.

And if you guys don't want to mine it, I will and sell it to you and make a tonne of money yarr

Edit:  If you are against this change you have an unspecified time limit to mine as much Epri as you can before the change hits.  It's beacons all over again.  You guys know what to do smile

131 (edited by Shadowmine 2013-09-04 20:31:42)

It makes me wonder how Epriton was ever mined in this game back when it was a beta only resource. Especially when there were static ore fields were the enemy always knew the location of all the epi fields on the island.... I mean, it sounds like it wasn't able to be done....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

DEV Zoom wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Regarding NPCs on fields the only thing I agree with is that it must be a pita to mine under constant lock jamming. Maybe we can come up with something for that.

That would kill all the terrraforming defence purposes, make turrrets useless, etc etc. How? A terraformer bot with ECCM immune to ew.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

And I don't get how Gamma loses any value. If that were the case, we would would have already started Deconstruction... Hell if anything gamma bases have more value as they are chocked full of Epriton goodness. If you don't feel like mining it, just take over someone elses and base and use their structures for your own base.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Shadowmine wrote:

It makes me wonder how Epriton was ever mined in this game back when it was a beta only resource. Especially when there were static ore fields were the enemy always knew the location of all the epi fields on the island.... I mean, it sounds like it wasn't able to be done....

Firstly is was not on top of NPCs there were good spots and bad, but it wasnt easy to ninja mine but at least possible.

RIP PERPETUUM

Line wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

That would kill all the terrraforming defence purposes, make turrrets useless, etc etc. How? A terraformer bot with ECCM immune to ew.

Maybe something like a Seige or Triage module? Can't move but are immune to ewar for the duration of the cycle time.

Shadowmine wrote:

It was done with 200 man corps, locking the island down at first.

Then it was done behind walls.

Then it was done with scouts on the gates and logg-offski.

Then it was done with probes, scouts, and log-offs.

Now, with bastards being able to spark in.... good luck ninja mining on beta-1 islands.

Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Now, with bastards being able to spark in.... good luck ninja mining on beta-1 islands.

+100

RIP PERPETUUM

Sundial wrote:
Line wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Maybe something like a Seige or Triage module? Can't move but are immune to ewar for the duration of the cycle time.

Move where you need to, turn on ECCM, terraform, repeat. Surround enemy turrets with the wall of earth.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Shadowmine wrote:

And I don't get how Gamma loses any value. If that were the case, we would would have already started Deconstruction... Hell if anything gamma bases have more value as they are chocked full of Epriton goodness. If you don't feel like mining it, just take over someone elses and base and use their structures for your own base.

As with sparks, your view is too immediate, and personal.

Put yourself in the boots of a player that doesn't have a gamma outpost, or have the majority of beta outposts locked out.

140 (edited by Burial 2013-09-04 20:42:54)

Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Put yourself in the boots of a player that doesn't have a gamma outpost, or have the majority of beta outposts locked out.

Would be valuable insight if you knew a lot about gamma outposts. But you don't.

Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

It was done with 200 man corps, locking the island down at first.

Then it was done behind walls.

Then it was done with scouts on the gates and logg-offski.

Then it was done with probes, scouts, and log-offs.

True ninja miners will adapt their strategies to new dangers like spark teleport.

I already have several interesting strategies in mind to try, good luck to those hunting me you are going to need it yarr

I did plenty of ninja epi mining on norhoop before I had a base to dock in. It didn't take but a sequor load to make it a profitable venture. It puts value on owning a beta outpost again. You are thinking too imdiate Arga. Like all the beta stations will stay how they are currently. It is only a temporary thing atm. And when stations are owned by multiple corps and people are locked out of them. It won't be as big of an issue as you think. Sorry you cant have your 6 accts mining in complete safety anymore. You are a big boy, you will work it out.

Hell, I talked to a guy the other day who used to ninja mine epi with his corp in frickin arkhes with syntec miner mods and made a killing with it selling to a vet corp, and  getting killed didn't cost him anything.

144 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-09-04 20:59:56)

Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

You know what I would do if I was one of those players.  Join one of the corps who has one.....oh wait smile

But seriously, if/when the population rises the Beta's wont be owned by any single side.  They will be controlled by many different factions like it used to be.  This will solve many of the problems with both sparks and this change.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

You know what I would do if I was one of those players.  Join one of the corps who has one.....oh wait smile

But seriously, if/when the population rises the Beta's wont be owned by any single side.  They will be controlled by many different factions like it used to be.  This will solve many of the problems with both sparks and this change.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the new players DO join STC. In which case you'll continue to have a numerical advantage as well as a solid vet core.

I don't see a single dominate corp with sparks tp getting the beta owning issue solved.

Also, again, I'm not saying epi on beta only is actually an issue. I DO have a lot of gamma experience, back when it was actually active. And not a lot of small PVP happens on gamma, so moving that carrot to beta is fine. It just needs MORE change in conjunction to effect an actual difference.

Shadowmine wrote:

I did plenty of ninja epi mining on norhoop before I had a base to dock in. It didn't take but a sequor load to make it a profitable venture. It puts value on owning a beta outpost again. You are thinking too imdiate Arga. Like all the beta stations will stay how they are currently. It is only a temporary thing atm. And when stations are owned by multiple corps and people are locked out of them. It won't be as big of an issue as you think. Sorry you cant have your 6 accts mining in complete safety anymore. You are a big boy, you will work it out.

I can still mine safely on alpha, in mostly complete safety. Granted, being able to spark makes mining on two islands much simpler, but it would be just as easy with a 1 hr cool down.

As a miner, I say HOORAY for 14 nic per unit of Epi! Mining is a viable profession again!

So previously in a defferent topic ... Gammas should be self sufficent If i wan tot go to the ends of the world and live i should be able too!

I(random player) should at least have the minerals on that island I need to build the structures that are only useable on that type of island.

Sure remove Epriton from Gamma to create more conflict thats not a problem.

Also Remove Epriton from Gamma structures as well and replace it with more liquizit or colixum or both.

It doesnt make and sense for Epriton to be in EVERYTING of value

Why not add in a new mineral to take the place of Epriton in Gamma Structures. ???

the more that one resource is required the more of a bottleneck in becomes in production .... Epriton is currently on 30 islands reducing it to 6 is nuts .. at the same time asking more pleople to play the game .. thus requiring more of the resource ??? I just do not understand the goal or theory behind this.

Its true that there is a niche for ninja mining on hostile islands.
Is this the "NORM" you wan to create?

Back before gamma there were few corps who had access to the technology levels that required massive amounts of Epriton in daily production, this cause the market ro be severly empty in regards to sought after T4 items.

I think this move will effectively recreate the same situation all over again. where there a

Consider This
Epriton = T3/T4 + Current Mechs that it is used in
Dipriton (new mineral) Gamma T1/T2
Colixum = Gamma T3/T4

This all or nothing approach with epriton needs to come to an end and there needs to be more mineral balance

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Ville wrote:

Yeah its the static npcs on Beta that's the issue.  Now are you planning on fixing spark teleports too OR removing the lockout mechanics on beta stations?

Sure Ville, anything else the dev's can do for you so don't have to risk a bot.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

150 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-09-04 21:27:54)

Ville wrote:
Tux wrote:
Celebro wrote:

+1 spark teleport needs to change for this. Anyone can spark quickly on the 3 betas and do the 'rounds' with detector alt, no one is gonna mine but the larger force.

there's actually 6 betas roll

Lock out mechanic should stay as is

you may think changing sparks will do something to ease this change but people with more than 1 or 2 accouynts will easily avoid and SpT cool down penalties

Because it only takes 5 minutes to be on another beta island from the npc terminal. roll

Like Tux just said, they'll work around it.  That's why SpT need a 4 hour cool down.

I personal think they should do the same thing with a docking timer, so when I come for you. You can't dock up.

*edit: Edited both posts - dial back the insults. - DEV Zoom

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"