651 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 22:27:04)

Re: Spark Teleports

Celebro wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Would you like a module that allows to to place quotations anywhere in game?

See what I did there?

Celebro wrote:

Gunner why do you place quotation below its confusing.?

+1 to your last 3 post

smile

Gunner: What do you think about preventing spark use shortly before or during an intrusion event for the relevant OP only, will that work?

I just generally know limitations of some sort have to be added.

Players in a game need rules for it to be a game.

This thing doesnt have rules.

It is like a tool of conveneince you would see in a test server.

About your question, that is an interesting prospect and the first time I think I have seen it.

Celebro wrote:

The abuse with missions started when the spark teleport was introduced.

Now thats funny. Celebro you know thats not true. How long did you live on Hokk? Ever run back and forth from Nauwy to ABT anytime?

You dont need to.  A monkey could stock stations.

Doek wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Gamma is where we run beacons.  I dont know what you guys do there.  Pushing around 1's and 0's that dont shoot back, yawn I just fell asleep.

Perpetuum online is a game of tactics and decisions. The Spark mechanic removes dozens of decision making opportunities.  It is so out of whack. Just click and instamove around all day long to suit you.

This mechanic at this level only belongs on the TEST SERVER. That is where it makes sense.

There is no place in a MMO for instant movement without penatly.

Last time I checked we couldn't bring anything with us while sparking.

654 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 22:35:53)

Bouncing all over the place isnt playing the game.

You know it.

We are laying the proper groundwork for a real game once we get our real population back.

.. and yes we are going to make you use up all your sparks so you have to walk or stay put.  I hope you enjoy it.

You werent meant to be everywhere all the time.  That is ridiculous.

99% of the perp players arent playing.  Its just you.  I speak for the majority of players and the majority are just waiting for Steam.

We are going to force the so-called PvPers to start making real tactical and strategic decisions.  That is what a game is.

Cassius wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok this might have been already suggested and if so I'm sorry, but how about individual cooldowns PER spark teleport target? Jump to a target, cooldown starts for that one only.

This would make it possible to use the system to jump around all your targets exactly once within a given time, which is still ok for marketeers to modify/add their orders, but rules out jumping back and forth quickly between two targets.

This could even have a substantially longer cooldown too, like 12 or 24 hours.

Hmm. Let's say I'm a disgruntled bitter ex player. Let's say I may even have a few corpies that fall into the same category. Let's say I criticize the devs continually. Let's say I am only subbed to essentially post on the forums, I'm not actively playing the game, I can't be bothered to put the effort required to hold a Beta Station, much less a Gamma. I spend most of my gaming time playing other games which I'm happy to brag about here, constantly.

My enemies hold everything. They are the only ones still actively playing, actively subbing all their accounts, not just one for forum trolli.... Err posting.

You implement this long cooldown system.

My and my corpies go on a roam, and cause my enemies to spark around to various locations in a short time.
Then I do what I say I'm doing and play other games.

Who gets *** here? The guy that plays the game and now has to travel everywhere because some idiot who doesn't play takes advantage of a system thats implemented because of a forum campaign.

Be careful of what you do Devs.

You guys are so amazingly afraid of altering this mechanic.

lol

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Now thats funny. Celebro you know thats not true. How long did you live on Hokk? Ever run back and forth from Nauwy to ABT anytime?

Yes, and I had to walk back to retake the mission as the Devs intended.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Celebro wrote:

But the point is the abuse. Those assignments were abused in a way the Devs certainly didn't intend and still can be, I believe. Spark teleport did not start assignment abuse.

658 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 23:50:28)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ludlow Bursar wrote:

But the point is the abuse. Those assignments were abused in a way the Devs certainly didn't intend and still can be, I believe. Spark teleport did not start assignment abuse.

How was it abused exactly? I did the mission and got the reward I deserved.

Edit: Is it abuse to mine with multiple accounts too?

RIP PERPETUUM

Anyway you cut it, getting 7 missions in less than 10 seconds and completing them in about 2 minutes its pretty unintended.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Celebro wrote:

How was it abused exactly? I did the mission and got the reward I deserved.

It is against forum rules to disclose exploits. I believe the exploit is still possible so lets just say it was abuse to run an assignment 20 times simultaneously.

661 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 23:54:30)

Gunner wrote:

Anyway you cut it, getting 7 missions in less than 10 seconds and completing them in about 2 minutes its pretty unintended.

That's mission design which was wrong not the delivery, which is the part they are going to change now just for spark teleporting.

RIP PERPETUUM

What about they year? of damage done with such easy money.

People just forget about that?

Sweep it under the rug?

Celebro wrote:
Gunner wrote:

That's mission design which was wrong not the delivery, which is the part they are going to change now.

Burial wrote:

Celebro, for some reason you are under assumption there's no drawbacks to sparking, while there are. Spark teleport limits, logistics involved, locked outposts and so on, not to mention you still have to travel accross the islands to reach SAPs on neighboring islands and so on - which is exactly the same thing that would happen without spark teleportation(walk from Alpha2 terminal to Beta2).

Let's leave that behind for a moment. I want to point out there are many drawbacks trying to keep all outposts for yourself. Look at the intrusion times and think how long even the biggest entity can hold all the SAPs protected, even with spark teleportation, against 4-5 smaller forces while full well knowing if they're not at their A-game, they could get wiped and SAP could be taken. People burn out and spark teleportation is not an instant i-win button, there still is a lot of work involved and it comes out nowhere in this game as clearly as trying to protect a lot of SAPs 24/7.

For some reason, the people who lost Dom are saying that they quit and they "gave us the island" but I remember very well of us ninjaing their SAPs for weeks while they all were under combined protection of 12, 62nd, PHM, CHAOS, CIR, AIC and friends. People burn out and we eventually got what we wanted, against superior numbers.

In the end, give beta islands more meaning and people will fight more furiously over the control.

May i remind you whose side it was in which people were getting burned out on actually engaging?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

@Martha it's hard to renew an account when your doing 24 hours on a rig.  I may renew it when I get home Sunday.

@celebro. It's not considered an exploit, no one got banned and no assets were taking away.  What happens is you grab all the mining missions of the same ore at all 4 different terminals.  You spark around each one getting them.  Them you undock your Argano go mine 2500 liquidzit and an instant 100 tokens.  You then take those tokens back alpha buy beacons and pop them on gamma.  People were literally doing hundreds of beacons at once.   They were literally not able to loot the cans from it because they disappeared too quick.  This literally went on quite a few months.

Gunner wrote:

You guys are so amazingly afraid of altering this mechanic.

lol

lol Seems like there are lots of people on all sides of this debate ....

Honestly i could care less about SpT specifically ... I care about the games transportation system in general ... Fix the transportation system and there will be little to no need for SpT

adding cool downs ...
removing it completely ...

does not fix the problem that we need a complete transportation system for the game, along with remote management of markets and assets.

saying this is all about beta terminals and people who live there have some inherent RIGHT ! to own them is nonsense. All beta stations are simply a king of the hill mini game.  We allowed any and all players to run missions out of them for a long time, with the only condition being if the terminals started to get assaulted then they would close. roll oh well.

The complete honest truth is that currently if 4 or 5 guys want to and are determined to take a single beta station they WILL plain and simple.

but if a larger corp comes and wants to take it back then they can as well ... it will (as it should) go back & forth. until one side gives in. the more numbers you have the better the chance you have ... but its not always a sure thing to win with just pure numbers.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

I do find it funny, people say this is a problem on betas, yet we have another thread up, saying no one wants to live on beta.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Crusader wrote:

@celebro. It's not considered an exploit, no one got banned and no assets were taking away.  What happens is you grab all the mining missions of the same ore at all 4 different terminals.  You spark around each one getting them.  Them you undock your Argano go mine 2500 liquidzit and an instant 100 tokens.  You then take those tokens back alpha buy beacons and pop them on gamma.  People were literally doing hundreds of beacons at once.   They were literally not able to loot the cans from it because they disappeared too quick.  This literally went on quite a few months.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ah sorry, I'm *** >.<

670 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-08-24 18:05:51)

real simple...if it being abused for the soul purpose of missioning running, then fix the mission running by setting a time before you can except the same mission again...Solved.

move along.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

If people are pissing in the swimming pool the solution is not to ban swimming pools.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

If people are pissing in the swimming pool the solution is not to ban swimming pools.

No you take scheduled potty breaks for atleast an hour between swimming sessions.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Gunner wrote:

... some stuff ...

99% of the perp players arent playing.  Its just you.  I speak for the majority of players and the majority are just waiting for Steam.

... more stuff ...

So you are saying the players who don't play are the ones who the Devs listen to? You spend $10 to have one account so you can post on the forums to attempt to influence a game you don't play. I spend $50 on my 5 accounts but also only have one voice on the forums, and find myself put into a position to defend a game I play against people who don't play.

You are completely stupid if for some reason you think I voice my opinion here simply for my own advantage. I am well aware, as is most of those I play with that the game is at a critical junction. If the game is not attractive to new players and cannot retain and drastically increase its population, it's done. Do you think I want a faulty mechaninc in a game just because of my own benefit?

***, all we have is a difference of opinion.

674 (edited by Lemon 2013-08-26 13:58:47)

Cassius wrote:

So you are saying the players who don't play are the ones who the Devs listen to? You spend $10 to have one account so you can post on the forums to attempt to influence a game you don't play. I spend $50 on my 5 accounts but also only have one voice on the forums, and find myself put into a position to defend a game I play against people who don't play.

You are completely stupid if for some reason you think I voice my opinion here simply for my own advantage. I am well aware, as is most of those I play with that the game is at a critical junction. If the game is not attractive to new players and cannot retain and drastically increase its population, it's done. Do you think I want a faulty mechanic in a game just because of my own benefit?

***, all we have is a difference of opinion.

Close, The "Majority" of gamers (yes even just sandbox games) do not play this game. This is a niche game it will not be everyones cup of tea, however there needs to be a way for the game to entice and support "peasant" players if you will because we have none.

We have a handful of die hard PvP players and another handful of Alpha indy/goal players that is it. Look at how WoW has had to adopt simplifying itself over the years to maintain its subscriber base. I am not familiar with stEVE but I am sure his growth has a pattern to its development style and growth. PO is not in that sweat spot and we need to get it there.

The kiddies need their instant travel, It just needs to be limited and governed properly.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

1 hr cooldown!  Global cooldown simple stuff.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.