626 (edited by Burial 2013-08-23 17:19:54)

Re: Spark Teleports

^ Arga get's his information from bittervets. Whats your excuse Ville?

Anyway, back to the suggestion of adding longer PVP flag timer. Add 30min PVP timer and you would suddenly have a lot less sparking around after defending one SAP with your 100 man gang while not screwing totally unrelated parts of the game over because of it. I think good time for that change would be whenever the inter-island movement with PVP flag comes live. And oh my.. it was patched today. big_smile

http://clip2net.com/s/5CqL5m

For those forum warriors who don't log in, can see how the "Projection of Power" and "Unlimited Mobility" worked against about 3 guys who decided to start playing and hitting saps...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

http://clip2net.com/s/5CqL5m

For those forum warriors who don't log in, can see how the "Projection of Power" and "Unlimited Mobility" worked against about 3 guys who decided to start playing and hitting saps...

Choosing not to act on defence , is not a valid reason

RIP PERPETUUM

We didn't choose to not defend those saps. Spark teleport does not allow you to be everywhere at once like you guys say it does.... Its just not that simple....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

630 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 18:14:36)

Shadowmine wrote:

We didn't choose to not defend those saps. Spark teleport does not allow you to be everywhere at once like you guys say it does.... Its just not that simple....

No one has said everywhere at once, but it comes quite close to that, so it's OP, please change soon.

RIP PERPETUUM

I've made my arguement already Celebro.

Zoom doesn't say that all the devs think the same. They'll discuss it internally and either fix it or not.

The rest is just politics, but keep up the posting, we'll get 30 pages easily smile

632 (edited by Burial 2013-08-23 18:52:18)

What would stop the leading powerblock from getting the station back from the attacker after underdog finally manages to capture it? All the moves in favor of the attacker work in reverse too once leading force is attacking.

It seems like with current SAP system, blob is always in favor and it wouldn't change with changing sparking. Whoever manages to bring bigger blob to vital SAPs will win the outpost regardless if they just took the time to get the times and few hours each day or were living on the island 24/7.

Perhaps the change here that is viable is to make defending/attacking an island easier to the party that actually spends more time on an island.

- Easy way to do it would be to make intrusion times not scannable all the time around the clock. It could be so that event is brodcasted on an island that SAP time is scannable and you have 1 hour to go and scan it. You can get the time only by that method. If you don't see the brodcast you have no way of knowing when the intrusion time is scannable or not.

- Another (nicer) way is to add an item with low masking(talking about 20 masking or so) under the terminal for 1 hour and only during the time the item is there is the outpost intrusion time scannable (because broadcasted events suck imo).

The way SAPs themselves and the point system works is great imo.

(Just something fast thought up, there are probably better ways.)

633 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-23 19:04:43)

Celebro wrote:
Burial wrote:

Celebro try to play a bit without sparks. Give it a week. Can you do it?

Burial I like the instant teleport too, but like in life, you can't have your cake and eat it too. It's too OP for large forces that want to abuse it, I don't think STC is making the most of it tbh. edit not saying they should.

Yes you can, buy 2 cakes.

@ville.  then your argument is completely pointless, if it could be done then, how is it spark teleports fault now?  Not to mention that this is the first time I have seen it done in a year and a half.

Perhaps the change here that is viable is to make defending/attacking an island easier to the party that actually spends more time on an island.

Once a large force gets even (1) outpost below 50%, the island is theirs; regardless if the other (2) outposts are owned. That's not really an issue of sparking, it does make it easier though.

Where sparking comes in is being able to jump between islands to defend SAPs. They literally don't have to spend 1 sec on the island, other than SAP defense. With probes and arkhe scouts, they don't even have to have a presence while a SAP is active, unless someone shows up.

They don't even have to respond to every SAP, just if the outpost gets close to 50%, since they don't use it anyway; they simply own it to deny it.

You can defend the SAPs equally well without spark teleportation though.

"Perhaps the change here that is viable is to make defending/attacking an island easier to the party that actually spends more time on an island."
If you have any suggestions how to make it viable, I'm all ears.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Burial wrote:

Celebro try to play a bit without sparks. Give it a week. Can you do it?

Burial I like the instant teleport too, but like in life, you can't have your cake and eat it too. It's too OP for large forces that want to abuse it, I don't think STC is making the most of it tbh. edit not saying they should.

Yes you can, buy 2 cakes.

@ville.  then your argument is completely pointless, if it could be done then, how is it spark teleports fault now?  Not to mention that this is the first time I have seen it done in a year and a half.

Pointless enough to have you alarm clocking forum posts lol  My work here is done.

637 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-23 19:24:52)

posting on crusader again huh, did you get ville banned again for some racist, idiotic or stupid post again ville?

Edit:  11:15 am is alarm clocking?  what time do you get up?

This kind of thread really shows you just how different everyone views the game and situations within the game.

@The Blob Wins
Sparking is not currently broken having 30 attack only to have 100 spark in to defend. It is when those 100 show up and drop 20-40 to keep you busy, while another 20 or 30 are sent to the other remaining outpost that is located to your flank and deployed from. We are talking about a force having the ability to move undetected to gain instant superior positioning and secure a victory every time. This is 1 Island with many outposts that this is possible. To resolve it we need to prevent being able to not only spark to a specific island to deploy and engage becoming detected but to also  stay docked for sparking to another outpost that is more favorable to engage from as the dynamics change.

No one has done this to me but we all know this is possible. Any means to produce the same mobility on terrain makes you susceptible to being detected by either a detector main or follow account thus notifying me or the players of your movement. Which is drastically different than me dropping out of a terminal in front of you in a Kain being shot and flanking you in my Mesmer mk 2 6 mins later.

@Tux
Yes I choose to roam the sake of killing miners and running, I hate trying to be engaged in a challenging or engaging fight and if i could lose forget it I am docked.

@Beta Incentives
They exist, could they be more sure however beta is meant to be a building block to gamma. Beta is not meant to be the feeding ground for gamma. Rather it should be where people want to risk a little for a better reward while avoiding the competition for "safe resources".

We vets are supposed to be making our multi-tile siege bots focusing on taking out each other sand-castles while newer players are preparing to build their castles on beta and alpha. As we progress onward to more a growing population would ideally fill in behind to expand and explore the new content.

What we have now is a 0 to 100 by joining the existing power blocks and you are really only limited by your EP because if you know the right vets they are rich enough to supply you until you are self sufficient. When I  was new I wanted to go to beta to be able to expand my research faster than alpha players and to kill anyone who tried cutting in on my spawn farm. Today their i can freely farm on alpha uninterrupted and if I go to beta their is a high change I die to a bot that kills me before I even show him on radar signature.

@Zoom
Let me ask you, Do you think that anyone could take Hokk from the hands of Styx with 30 siddy's following him on Hokk with the spark system? Not even 200 Steam players could pry them off that island. Bigger, Faster, Farther Shooting, harder and  Higher Masked bots coming at them from every direction but hey they are still just trying to figure out how to go faster than 70KPH

Could you imagine the interference of 200 people, hope they would know what it is lawl

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Nothing in game before sparks was never thought out with spark teleportation in mind .

Intrustion 2.0 was well thought out for the players who live there, deserve to hold a station. Spark teleport has changed that.

Now they are changing assignments because it was never intended for spark teleports.

RIP PERPETUUM

Lemon wrote:

@Beta Incentives
They exist, could they be more sure however beta is meant to be a building block to gamma ...

We vets are supposed to be making our multi-tile siege bots focusing on taking out each other sand-castles while newer players are preparing to build their castles on beta and alpha.

When I  was new I wanted to go to beta to be able to expand my research faster than alpha players and to kill anyone who tried cutting in on my spawn farm.

I touched on this is another thread. Why must we think this way: Alpha->Beta->Gamma where gamma is some sort of end game. Just make Alpha, Beta, Gamma different types of zone where, beyond some fundamental activities (mobs, mining etc), you can do different things that you can't get in another type of zone.

Hell, stop calling the zone types by the hierarchical names Alpha Beta Gamma and choose, i don't know, Syndicate, Intrusion and Free islands or something.

Celebro wrote:

Now they are changing assignments because it was never intended for spark teleports.

They've been broken from the start we just never got around fixing them until now.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

They've been broken from the start we just never got around fixing them until now.

The abuse with missions started when the spark teleport was introduced. There was no problem before that, other than the mission rewards were skewed. Not the actual delivery of the missions. Randomizing missions does not do much other than prevent spark teleport use, even so I think it can still be abused when random but lets leave that for another thread.

RIP PERPETUUM

643 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 22:09:40)

That is a flat out lie.

Want me to write war and peace explaining why?

Burial wrote:

You can defend the SAPs equally well without spark teleportation though.

All this below.     Thumbs up.

Arga wrote:

Once a large force gets even (1) outpost below 50%, the island is theirs; regardless if the other (2) outposts are owned. That's not really an issue of sparking, it does make it easier though.

Where sparking comes in is being able to jump between islands to defend SAPs. They literally don't have to spend 1 sec on the island, other than SAP defense. With probes and arkhe scouts, they don't even have to have a presence while a SAP is active, unless someone shows up.

They don't even have to respond to every SAP, just if the outpost gets close to 50%, since they don't use it anyway; they simply own it to deny it.

645 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 22:14:48)

Nothing would stop them from taking it back.

Without sparks though, they would have to commit to living around there or traveling for each event.

You would have to make a CHOICE, or decision.

Burial wrote:

What would stop the leading powerblock from getting the station back from the attacker after underdog finally manages to capture it? All the moves in favor of the attacker work in reverse too once leading force is attacking.

646 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 22:18:58)

Gunner why do you place quotation below its confusing.?

+1 to your last 3 post

RIP PERPETUUM

Yes there should be some advantage for sure, but there has to be a limitation to it as well.

What you suggested about a per spark cooldown of 12 or 24 hours is a great improvement to what we have now.

If that was the decision, it would balance the mechanic.  more or less

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

It's broken simply because you can move large forces in an instant and control the whole game easily with large numbers, and no drawbacks.

I would argue that this is an incentive to own a base (be it beta or gamma). The problem is when this is such a big advantage for the defenders that it becomes very hard or impossible to conquer them. Is it?

648 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-23 22:40:53)

Would you like a module that allows you to place quotations anywhere in game?

See what I did there?   ;p

Celebro wrote:

+1 to your last 3 post

DEV Zoom wrote:

So this is really about a scenario where a smaller force could ninja-take a SAP, because without sparks the major force would not be able to get there in time on foot? (Assuming they are not there in the first place.)

Dev Zoom,

It isnt about just that one scenario.  That is one of about 50.

It is about the instant movement of small or large groups of people, possibly thousands with no limitations.

Such powerful tools need a limitation.

Providing bots in that station is a small limitation, but really none of us have a problem doing logistics, it is very easy to move hundreds of bots to stock a station.

650 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 22:24:52)

Gunner wrote:

Would you like a module that allows to to place quotations anywhere in game?

See what I did there?

Celebro wrote:

+1 to your last 3 post

smile

Gunner: What do you think about preventing spark use shortly before or during an intrusion event for the relevant OP only, will that work?

RIP PERPETUUM