Re: Couple Changes I think would help.

The only thing they could do is reduce the.mineral amount to make resources scarce. This would provoke conflict better than allocating different resources to different islands.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

The only thing they could do is reduce the.mineral amount to make resources scarce. This would provoke conflict better than allocating different resources to different islands.

we had this when it took 2 to 4 weeks for static mineral fields to re spawn .. people just complained ... just another circlejerk to where we were before.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

103 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-03-06 21:48:14)

Tux wrote:

.. mineral fields will spawn "anywhere on a gamma island" they will spawn in and around buildings, turrets and on impassable terrain.

This is the truth.

Zoom, if you're still reading this and haven't resigned yet can I squeeze in a cheeky question?

Raw materials can spawn anywhere on gamma except directly under a building BUT is that directly under the building footprint or under the "occupied area".

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Raw materials can spawn anywhere on gamma except directly under a building BUT is that directly under the building footprint or under the "occupied area".

As far as I know the system looks for blocked tiles, so it's the footprint.

105 (edited by Dazamin 2013-03-06 22:36:18)

Tux wrote:

if you cant be arsed to shoot turrets for hours or days im sorry gamma is not for you.

lol, they should make that the advertising slogan

Tux wrote:

in the other game a siege could last for weeks if not months to take a system if successful. the same time lines are present here where you will not walk into a well fortified island and do anything in a few hours. This is because a well defended Gamma will take months to establish .. in the other game it took months to establish a well secured sovereignty in systems.

This is not true, we've just cleared out a whole region in about a week, forward bases in hostile systems are much easier to create, etc.

Tux wrote:
Jita wrote:

we had this when it took 2 to 4 weeks for static mineral fields to re spawn .. people just complained ... just another circlejerk to where we were before.

Well ppl should stop being terrible carebears and demanding safe Islands with unlimited resources tbh wink

Tux wrote:
Jita wrote:

Different time & conditions tho. Back then we had what, 6 islands with a high population?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Dazamin wrote:

This is not true, we've just cleared out a whole region in about a week, forward bases in hostile systems are much easier to create, etc.

Sounds like you:
A) were un contested
B) severely out numbered your opponent
C) took a region with minimal defenses and was pretty much a push over.

Gamma can be done for sure ... STC (and others) have proven that, we cleaned out all but the chaos main terminal on lander in very little time

the point is that if / when you decide to attack a gamma base expect to spend 8+ hours / days in the assault. It all depends on how much effort the defender is putting into their base.

Can we close this thread now?  These forums are too active.  I want to go back to bumping 5 threads then get banned for 3 days for spamming.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Tux wrote:

the point is that if / when you decide to attack a gamma base expect to spend 8+ hours / days in the assault. It all depends on how much effort the defender is putting into their base.

I don't want to spend 8hrs shooting turrets thanks, and apparently not many other people do either.

Dazamin wrote:
Tux wrote:

I don't want to spend 8hrs shooting turrets thanks, and apparently not many other people do either.

personal choice is an awesome thing roll

Tux wrote:
Dazamin wrote:
Tux wrote:

personal choice is an awesome thing roll

Yep, and I personally choose to say its a bad mechanic and should be changed

Syndic wrote:
Tux wrote:
Jita wrote:

Different time & conditions tho. Back then we had what, 6 islands with a high population?

so low pop should = unlimited resources and high pop should = limited resources ?

forgive me but im confused to the logic here .. if you want the game to grow it needs to have the underlying support structure to support it ...

the only thing i can suggest to this is to tie mineral spawns to the activity of specific islands ... islands with a high activity of players on them (time spent logged in / traveled on terrain). the more players present the more minerals spawn.

the devs already have the ability to monitor this : http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj … nt=density

it just needs to be tied to spawns and it will help the we have everything we need in unlimited quantities. some island will have 0 and other will have lots of minerals.

Tux wrote:
Syndic wrote:
Tux wrote:

so low pop should = unlimited resources and high pop should = limited resources ?

forgive me but im confused to the logic here .. if you want the game to grow it needs to have the underlying support structure to support it ...

the only thing i can suggest to this is to tie mineral spawns to the activity of specific islands ... islands with a high activity of players on them (time spent logged in / traveled on terrain). the more players present the more minerals spawn.

the devs already have the ability to monitor this : http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj … nt=density

it just needs to be tied to spawns and it will help the we have everything we need in unlimited quantities. some island will have 0 and other will have lots of minerals.

The logic is obvious, there was nothing wrong with the original scenario of high pop (if we can call ~900 people high pop) and limited resources. The REAL solution to that problem is what's already happened, more land has been made available and the world grew bigger.

With instantly respawning ore fields, I can do what I'm doing right now - wall & turret off 1-2 islands (different colors for great lulz!), throw 40-50 accounts mining on terrain around the clock. Theres nothing anybody can do about it. God knows nobody's been to Landers since I got batphoned to solve a few problems.

That's bad game design 101, there's no way anyone can argue that nerfing beacons (a needed nerf) is valid because its too easy, while at the same time gamma makes mining a macro-heaven.

The only real reason to have more then 1 island is if you have an alliance of 2,000-3,000 active people and mining becomes too much of a clusterf*ck hassle.

CIR Complaint Form

Oh come on syndic, giving away all our secrets, I'm only have to move epi terminals once every 9 hrs.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The real solution would be to revert the ore system to how it was. You drain it, you wait for it either to refresh over time or respawn (whatever, don't matter).

That way investing bazillions of turrets into 1 island and essentially making it perfectly safe forever and ever, is offset by the fact the island can support only so much mining/harvesting activity before it's constantly bone dry. Then you will see corps spreading their wings across Gamma and clashing, when there's an actual economic reason for doing it.

Why do alliances clash in EVE? Because of epeen, or because of tech moons? Why do corps fight over wormholes, because of epeen or because good sleeper loot pays for PLEX? Epeen territory control went straight out the window when ICE came in. Now it's not only about my epeen being bigger then yours, its about getting some other lazy derp to pay 10$ to the hungryans so I don't have to.

Besides, there would be a lot less turret-spamming if there were fuel blocks around.

CIR Complaint Form

agreed. Add it alongside fuel requirements for reactors of whatever the racial mineral is per island and your almost there.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

More land, much more variety ... I think we might have mentioned that before at some point.

respawn threshold for minerals on gamme seems to be far to high. should not start to respawn until you have mined out the very last bit above the "defrag" threshhold, and then regrow gradually, not instant.

a statistical analysis of mined ore, ore transport and such things would probably show where you the system could be tweaked and optimized to get a desired effect.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear