Re: Wall Balance and You

Gremrod wrote:

I really think walls are better suited for gamma islands and PBS system.

So then what do you do when all the corps move to gamma and do the same thing with walls there?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

So then what do you do when all the corps move to gamma and do the same thing with walls there?

I would make my way through the player built maze or death trap.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

I just dont understand why you think that something is broken on beta but would work fine on gamma?

I dont even think its broken so much on beta.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

54 (edited by Simmy 2012-03-10 20:05:40)

Jita wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

I just dont understand why you think that something is broken on beta but would work fine on gamma?

Gamma, I can understand it's a different ball game. These are my main points why in gamma its not that much of a problem:

1. Beta has always been a roaming island and also the only pvp mission area.

2. There will be PBS in gamma so more defensive options are needed

3. There will be more options for your chosen PVP style if you don't like gamma you can always go to beta

4. Larger game world (hopefully) Id like to see at least 10-20 gamma and beta islands.

5. Gamma is something new, so can't really complain

Celebro's body guard

Simmy wrote:
Jita wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Gamma, I can understand it's a different ball game. These are my main points why in gamma its not that much of a problem:

1. Beta has always been a roaming island and also the only pvp mission area.

2. There will be PBS in gamma so more defensive options are needed

3. There will be more options for your chosen PVP style if you don't like gamma you can always go to beta

4. Larger game world (hopefully) Id like to see at least 10-20 gamma and beta islands.

5. Gamma is something new, so can't really complain

This is hits btw but my point is when gamma comes into the game everyone who lives on beta will move to gamma. There will still be no pvp as betas will be empty in much the same way as low sec in eve. You dont fix the problem, you just move it to gamma and if anything make it worse as PBS will be easier to defend.

The only way this will be mitigated is by forcing corps which live on gamma to spend a significant amount of time on beta. Either that or creating an influx of players to beta. With the mechanics in place I can't see now either is possible.

Jita wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

I no longer think it is broken on beta after the 3/9 patch. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

the main difference in gamma will be that if you actualy go through those walls you got an enemy base to level to the ground. on beta u just find nothing and u used up either a lot of time to get through or a lot of money

Is the wall building mechanic now global? Meaning, will we be unable to build walls on gamma until we have built an outpost?

That would be cool.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.