26 (edited by Chris Blue 2012-03-07 21:54:31)

Re: Wall Balance and You

They dont have to go all out.
As Lemon has stated correctly, you have to think your way around, he even gave some examples.
You just have to outsmart your enemy.

A 3000m radius only protects the outpost itself, not the mining grounds, which is in my opinion the reason for walls in the first place. Just to give us enough time to switch from indy bot to combat mode (if its worth it and not a suicide mission) => no easy targets anymore.

It is difficult to speculate about terraforming right now, but yes I agree, once the terraforming is available the walls will have a different meaning/importance, but as off now the change does not make any sense.
You could ultimately postpone the change if you like to do so nonetheless.

Chris Blue wrote:

They dont have to go all out.
As Lemon has stated correctly, you have to think your way around, he even gave some examples.
You just have to outsmart your enemy.

A 3000m radius only protects the outpost itself, not the mining grounds, which is in my opinion the reason for walls in the first place. Just to give us enough time to switch from indy bot to combat mode (if its worth it and not a suicide mission) => no easy targets anymore.

It is difficult to speculate about terraforming right now, but yes I agree, once the terraforming is available the walls will have a different meaning/importance, but as off now the change does not make any sense.
You could ultimately postpone the change if you like to do so nonetheless.

At my outpost there are a couple different places to mine within 3000m. So you could mine there when not many people on and venture out when people are on. Also it makes outpost be desired based on what can be walled in.

Whether you like it or not, "easy kills" stimulate PvP and the market. Also, they are not easy kills if you actually actively eyes/reinforce them with combat bots.

Yes there are ways around walls / probes but if you look at the big picture the extent which they were allowed they have been bad for the game overall.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

its nice to see that the side that hates the walls the most doesn't even know the effort it takes to build the walls.

i know how to build them and i know how to counter them, the walls was fine the first time they was implemented, they are still good, but lets just put them in the box with the new sand we did get, but the criers managed to wash away.

its nice that off all the goodies we have gotten that the stabs isnt nerfed yet.

+1 nerf stabs fuuu

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

29 (edited by Lemon 2012-03-07 23:00:07)

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
Tamas Vitez wrote:

Thank you Lupus for confirming what Arga said, that this game is PvPers haven and everybody else can GTFO. The only problem is, this game needs carebears to fuel the economy and population.

Money should provide some protection if somebody wanna go that route. There should be more ways to live on beta islands then to have the biggest combat force. If you want to spend time and nic on strengthening your defense, you should be able to do it.

Once again, I dont want 100% safe beta, I want more ways to defend yourself on beta.

Many PvPers are saying they want more fights, but tbh you guys are just looking for easy targets, miners to gank 5 minutes after you logged into the game. Makes me sad.... advice: go play World of Tanks instead then.

Reading comprehension, try it.  No, what I said is for the "carebears" that do not want to pvp, but be on beta, should team up with those who do.  Multifaceted corps/alliance, each facet complimenting the others activity.  MMOs are about teamwork, not solo.  Yes, miners and industrialists are necessary, I have an industrialist alt, mine and manufacture every day.  But I also actively defend those industrialist alliance assets, as well as my own, with pvp.

You, Tamas and Arga, are the entitlement issue people here, the ones going "I should be able to have the candy, but I don't want t fight to get it".  Fine, don't, just work with someone who does.

And what you all convenietly forget is what drives that industry?  It's the PVP, the more PVP there is, the more demand for bots and equipment and ammo there is.  Horrible truth that it is, war is good for business in MMOs.

Lupus lets take a loot at eHarm's stance, We combined a group of active PvPers with some of the most powerful Alpha side Producers and market workers to create eHarm as you stated industrialist should.

So yes combats can come together with industrialists to live and work on beta.

But lets move on to more pressing topics, i vote we discuss the topic of "wanting fights" let me ask you how much fun or how good was the fight walking a 15-22 man fleet over my solo man fleet 2 times? You can ask Omen and most of Alsbale the only free kills or easy kills i went after have been players who ran there mouth off.

We all know Lemon, and Lemon will throw down at any chance to swing his e-peen around BRA!
^ i went in to the third person.... Deal with it (its that big)

Now i will take your opinion as someone seeking a good fight or a fight at all when you move away from attempting to rick roll the server with 3-5x what the small groups can field.

Now please unless you have a valued detailed opinion or argument against what i have stated please keep simpleton "I WANT PVPZ" and "I USE GOOGLE DICTIONARY" trolls out of my thread.

You have yet to properly retort any of my argument nor did you properly retort anything in the multi-boxing thread you are simply attacking other members of eHarm and it is quite a joke.

I will kindly point you to CD to discuss your troll attempts at out classing someone in a forum about game mechanics. FYI referring to tamas as "you, arga, and tamas" is redundant and shows your heightened state of emotional work up, so please take a breathe and collect yourself for your next post. As i have seen logical arguments from you and can only hope you may compose yourself enough for a proper argument once again in the future.

P.S. Thanks for the input everyone

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

mining AND defending with combat bots requires man-/girl-power wihich favors alliances and blobs and handicaps smaller corps... need to say more?

With the small gameworld, low population and weak economy, the game wasn't ready for walls at the level they were introduced

I seem to read this sentence with ANYthing they do. If it would be true everytime, then all the DEVs need to do is watching.

The same stance is the reason why mortars are not in this game yet, (=different launcher weapon)
The same stance is probably the reason why we only got 6 islands with the first expansion and have to play with those few islands we got.

because the game was not ready for roaming light-bot-squads that have to search more then one island for a lone termis....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

32 (edited by Gremrod 2012-03-07 23:28:19)

WOW, walls have really brought out the best in the game and the forums.

The game back in closed beta had police towers to protect care bears, new players etc.

It seems that walls were another idea to try and bring back the police towers mechanic, but giving the players the ability to control said mechanic.

Police towers were abandon because of them being exploited all the time; which always ended with one party laughing and the other party having their day ruined. Two sides of a coin here since you have two different types of play styles clashing.

Walls have brought back the two-sided coin. Care bears on one and the pvpers on the other.

If I had my way I would wish for walls to be on gamma and police towers to be placed back on alpha and beta islands again. This way we would have a transition of alpha (safe lots of rules with danger) to (beta danger with some rules) to gamma (with no rules).

At least police towers were black and white game play even if you could get suicide ganked under the them. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

33 (edited by Sundial 2012-03-07 23:39:22)

Annihilator wrote:

With the small gameworld, low population and weak economy, the game wasn't ready for walls at the level they were introduced

I seem to read this sentence with ANYthing they do. If it would be true everytime, then all the DEVs need to do is watching.

The same stance is the reason why mortars are not in this game yet, (=different launcher weapon)
The same stance is probably the reason why we only got 6 islands with the first expansion and have to play with those few islands we got.

because the game was not ready for roaming light-bot-squads that have to search more then one island for a lone termis....

But in this case, the game would have been ready for it only based on stuff in the imminant future:

1. More islands
2. Gamma islands
3. More than 1 jump to alpha

All coming soon. Walls were not a a population dependant future, they were a gamesize one. Wall off half of the already tiny gameworld, people are going to complain even if there are only 5 of them left.

Walls caused economic blowback which was already amplified by low population because of the features not present in the game yet. Hence my original post listing those three things.

34 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-03-08 01:02:27)

Lemon wrote:

I will kindly point you to CD to discuss your troll attempts at out classing someone in a forum about game mechanics. FYI referring to tamas as "you, arga, and tamas" is redundant and shows your heightened state of emotional work up, so please take a breathe and collect yourself for your next post. As i have seen logical arguments from you and can only hope you may compose yourself enough for a proper argument once again in the future.

Again, you might want to check your reading comprehension, and based on the posts on this thread, the ones getting upset and emotional are Arga and Tamas.  Instead of reading what you want it to say into my posts, try reading what they actually say.  Everyone else can, and trying to spin it another way is just as transparent to them as it is to me.

And as of yet, I have seen no facts or hard data being presented by you to refute, therefore all you have voiced is opinion, unsubstantiated opinion at that.

The one thing I, you, and everyone else can do is look at the kb ( http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=list ), which is API pulled now and therefore shows a more accurate picture, and look at the decline in the number of pvp engagements, where what few engagements that have been sizable have occured, etc.  That is the objective data.

Personal Note:
The only trolling and spinning I have seen so far here and the other wall threads has been you and the other supporters of unlimited wallfare.

BTW, pointing at the most dangerous agents list and showing those 44 kills you mention, is rather erroneous, especially when you are able to see the kills and losses on the kb.  Good job pwning STC, low EP and tech group that was actively trying to get itself established on beta, but your own sense of entitlement I guess demaned that only you should have Donachov. And, as far as your ppl's allergations concerning the Donachov intrusion and "multiboxing", also I might add unsubstantiated, and false to boot, your forces EXCEEDED what we had on the field for DPS (objective evidence :  http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=238014 ), after which you all have promptly refused to engage us since.  This actually has nothing to do with the topic of discussion. and therefore irrelevant to this thread, but for some reason you felt compelled to bring it up. 

I have a low tolerance for b***s***, and when I see it, I do not hesitate to point it out.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

35 (edited by Grazskin 2012-03-08 01:14:35)

Arga wrote:

Devs, look at the psychology of the players and scenerios that Lemon has laid out. The players on Alsbale DON'T WANT TO FIGHT, removing their ability to wall agressivly-defensive isn't going to suddenly generate PVP agents for them to guard thier miners with. The walls gave them the ability to survive on beta. This is where I get agrivated, because by removing walls, the message your sending is that using the game mechanics Smartlyand using your economic power agressively, are worthless. Perpetuum ONLY wants combat player vs player, and beta islands are only for combat PVP, not for players smart and dedicated enough to pour many hours and millions of NIC per day into being 'safe'.

where do you get off stating Alsbale players don't want to fight?? seriously go look at the KB they have taken losses and given losses to attackers. Like anyone they wont fight stupid numbers if the resource aren't online.

Also where have you been Arga, I dont see you on any....to busy behind a termis and posting you pvp thought I guess.

36 (edited by Lemon 2012-03-08 01:15:35)

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
Lemon wrote:

Again, you might want to check your reading comprehension, and based on the posts on this thread, the ones getting upset and emotional are Arga and Tamas.  Instead of reading what you want it to say into my posts, try reading what they actually say.  Everyone else can, and trying to spin it another way is just as transparent to them as it is to me.

And as of yet, I have seen no facts or hard data being presented by you to refute, therefore all you have voiced is opinion, unsubstantiated opinion at that.

The one thing I, you, and everyone else can do is look at the kb ( http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=list ), which is API pulled now and therefore shows a more accurate picture, and look at the decline in the number of pvp engagements, where what few engagements that have been sizable have occured, etc.  That is the objective data.

Personal Note:
The only trolling and spinning I have seen so far here and the other wall threads has been you and the other supporters of unlimited wallfare.

BTW, pointing at the most dangerous agents list and showing those 44 kills you mention, is rather erroneous, especially when you are able to see the kills and losses on the kb.  Good job pwning STC, low EP and tech group that was actively trying to get itself established on beta, but your own sense of entitlement I guess demaned that only you should have Donachov. And, as far as your ppl's allergations concerning the Donachov intrusion and "multiboxing", also I might add unsubstantiated, and false to boot, your forces EXCEEDED what we had on the field for DPS (objective evidence :  http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=238014 ), after which you all have promptly refused to engage us since.  This actually has nothing to do with the topic of discussion. and therefore irrelevant to this thread, but for some reason you felt compelled to bring it up. 

I have a low tolerance for b***s***, and when I see it, I do not hesitate to point it out.

@pus

Two Things:

Insert [Removed] Linked to player graph (Edit, with the information on active players levels outside of general chat and active subscriptions not being public neither your argument for reasoning behind the lack of pvp or MINE have the statistical data to back it and can only be reviewed by those who have that evidence for a final opinion on the cause and or route to the issue be identified.)

KB API-It has missed kills on already 3 or more days and is still in its testing phase or beta if you will and is not 100% accurate or uptodate as we have experienced.

Making accusations about accusations and further derailing this thread.

Done responding to troll or personal beefs as it can directed to CD and i will be glad to respond there.

@Graz

I dont quite think that's entirely what arga was trying to say you were actively doing and yes he has actually been pvping just on his combat toon.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

37 (edited by Grazskin 2012-03-08 01:19:39)

Lemon wrote:

@Graz

I dont quite think that's entirely what arga was trying to say you were actively doing and yes he has actually been pvping just on his combat toon.

if that is not what he is saying then why did he say it in CAPS?

As a noob I feel like I need to throw in my two cents on this subject.  I have very little experience with these walls, having only seen and had to react to a few.  Some of what I have to say has already been mentioned, but as I already have my notes I'll be restating it anyway.

I come from stEVE and only started to play Perpetuum around the time that the walls launched.  I see how the wall situation that was originally patched out may have been a problem, but I do think it would have naturally worked itself out as people don't want to maintain kilometers of mazes.  The walling around teleports would've worked itself out as well since they are easy even for a noob to destroy without risk.  I think waiting a bit longer to see how these things work out would be a more correct move.  I think the use of walls would evolve away fro the general consensus. I have a bit of a disagreement with how the devs are handling their deployment so far, but maybe they have more foresight than myself. 

I'd like to jump right into the changes to be implemented on the 9th.  I honestly do not understand how the developers' example picture in the newest dev blog could be considered a good idea.  Looking at that I think that there will be much less incentive to build walls as you protect fewer assets and are less able to control the terrain of a fight, which is the most important use for walls.  What we now may see is a medieval style fort wall, but since this wasn't considered when these beta outposts were implemented you won't have the terrain advantages that medieval forts were built upon...

This brings me to another point that has already been heavily discussed.  The use of walls in some beta territory gives capability to new player corps to hold and profit from owning an outpost.  The fact that I think has been missed in this discussion is that that gives them reason to play the game.  That is the key to a game:  bring people in and hold them, and I wholeheartedly believe that the current wall system is a better environment for that.  All they need is to feel safe inside the walls.  Maybe once they realize the truth of it they may aim more towards pvp and create more folks to fight with actively.

My final point is on the outpost linked wall-building.  I don't like that at all.  It greatly destroys, in my mind, the sandbox feel of walls.  Yeah, its generally a waste of time to build walls on an island that you don't and can't influence with them, but why shouldn't someone be able to go screw around on a beta island for a bit and put up walls?  Why shouldn't they be allowed to be used by attacking forces to block up the defenders entrances and force them to blow holes in their own walls or wait to see where the attackers come from?

Just a noob's insight on the situation... hope you all don't mind the wall o' text.

Tamas Vitez: I feel like a beta tester who pays to test the new features, way to go....

Lemon: I am beginning to wonder if we should add to the tail end of this "We pick your shovel size and set digging limits!"

/agree and /agree

Well I wonder what dumbass thing the devs are going to introduce with PBS and then limit the living **** out of to make it worthless. This game was more enjoyable a year ago “back in the day” when the devs appeared to be on the right track and making progress towards a true sandbox game. 

Note to DEV’s : a “sandbox" is a place where you do and build whatever you (the players not the devs) want,  where only your(the players not the devs) imagination limits what you can do. If you continue to cater to the lowest common denominator that is all you will have left.

.. .. my 2 pennies

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

40 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-03-08 09:39:57)

Never mind post retracted Logic will no longer prevail in this thread or about this topic

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Grazskin wrote:
Arga wrote:

Devs, look at the psychology of the players and scenerios that Lemon has laid out. The players on Alsbale DON'T WANT TO FIGHT, removing their ability to wall agressivly-defensive isn't going to suddenly generate PVP agents for them to guard thier miners with. The walls gave them the ability to survive on beta. This is where I get agrivated, because by removing walls, the message your sending is that using the game mechanics Smartlyand using your economic power agressively, are worthless. Perpetuum ONLY wants combat player vs player, and beta islands are only for combat PVP, not for players smart and dedicated enough to pour many hours and millions of NIC per day into being 'safe'.

where do you get off stating Alsbale players don't want to fight?? seriously go look at the KB they have taken losses and given losses to attackers. Like anyone they wont fight stupid numbers if the resource aren't online.

Also where have you been Arga, I dont see you on any....to busy behind a termis and posting you pvp thought I guess.

@Graz

I was packaging up a lot of implications in that statement, which made it overly broad. I was mainly referring to the situations that you call out in your post above, where a fighting force shows up at 3 to 1 odds. But mostly its stating the obvious, which is, your not putting mining bots out as 'bait' to lure roamers in for a fight.

I was out on Alsbale with Lemon last week (or maybe a little longer) and we exchanged about even kills, so I certainly didn't mean to imply that there's no FIGHTS out there, simply that the walls (just like Speed) allows Beta dwellers the same option to choose when and if they want to fight, and specifically if you had wanted to fight them you would have, but since you didn't, that you didn't want to fight. Trying to FORCE you to fight uneven odds or when your not prepared, is what roam-online is all about, and it's not about Good Fights, its about "them" wanting free easy kills and the devs chaging the rules to allow them to get them.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

42 (edited by Grazskin 2012-03-08 19:43:58)

Arga wrote:
Grazskin wrote:
Arga wrote:

@Graz

I was packaging up a lot of implications in that statement, which made it overly broad. I was mainly referring to the situations that you call out in your post above, where a fighting force shows up at 3 to 1 odds. But mostly its stating the obvious, which is, your not putting mining bots out as 'bait' to lure roamers in for a fight.

I was out on Alsbale with Lemon last week (or maybe a little longer) and we exchanged about even kills, so I certainly didn't mean to imply that there's no FIGHTS out there, simply that the walls (just like Speed) allows Beta dwellers the same option to choose when and if they want to fight, and specifically if you had wanted to fight them you would have, but since you didn't, that you didn't want to fight. Trying to FORCE you to fight uneven odds or when your not prepared, is what roam-online is all about, and it's not about Good Fights, its about "them" wanting free easy kills and the devs chaging the rules to allow them to get them.

Well then I agree, the walls and probes gave the defenders first time in history for this game an advantage. Because the attacker for the most part has the advantage because what they do in hour forming up collaborating fits and attack plan the defenders has to do within 3 minutes when enemy arrives, which in most case doesn't happen, unless it's a small force, but large high tech forces more then likely wont get any action because it takes to long to plan and fit and assemble to counter.

43 (edited by Gremrod 2012-03-08 19:44:26)

Lemon wrote:

"Persistent Sandbox Universe" - A quote from the front page

I am beginning to wonder if we should add to the tail end of this "We pick your shovel size and set digging limits!"

No reason to add anything on the end. Sandbox doesn’t mean the tools have unlimited application.

Lemon wrote:

TL:DR- Stop balancing because a bunch of grumpy old men cant figure out how to adapt to change and work around somthing. Free kills take work, getting a fight doesnt. This was painful on a iphone

If you are going to place a TL:DR for your post, please make sure the summary really fits your entire post.
I was reading you post and some of it was making since and seemed well thought out until I got to your TL:DR. Your TL:DR causes your entire post to lose all validity.

Grazskin wrote:
Arga wrote:
Grazskin wrote:

@Graz

Well then I agree, the walls and probes gave the defenders first time in history for this game an advantage. Because the attacker for the most part has the advantage because what they do in hour forming up collaborating fits and attack plan the defenders has to do within 3 minutes when enemy arrives, which in most case doesn't happen, unless it's a small force, but large high tech forces more then likely wont get any action because it takes to long to plan and fit and assemble to counter.

Detectors are not an advantage that can be used by defenders?

Make walls targetable, simples

46 (edited by Exomorph 2012-03-08 22:30:16)

Grazskin wrote:

WUT?! Defenders had past the ability to get 4-5 alts on tps ... problem solved. Now you can deploy the full island with detector probes, so no need alts on tps. Please don't let Perp to be Carebear Heaven on betas, couse you walled down a high epi field with walls that cannot be destroyed without mech squad (or a sequer - lithus).

I'm not against the walls, but now the 7,5U size of bombs and 1,5m price for 1 that cannot even destroy 1 wall is a joke. You can build focking long walls from 1,5m NIC. Solution : drop down the bombsize to 3.2U (yes that light ew mk2 could bring at least 1) and let 1 bomb destroy at least 80% HP of wall. Drop down the price to 700k-1m nic max.

Small scale PVP and artifact scanning is now pain in the *** ... and don't tell me that use bigger gang to have PVP when we have 40-50 peeps on general chat in peek times.

Tomorrows patch is the one right step towards living in a better perp again. Some things to PVPers some to carebears.

P.S. As Jelan wrote bring walls targetable ... that works too ...

wtf where are all those m2s alts comming from... there must be an infestation somewhere.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

First off, great post Lemon, I think for the first time in a long time a logical well thought out post has been made, and I agree smile

There are a few uses of the walls you did not include - writing you name in the sand, trolling enemies by blocking their roads; creating a path to access an area to attack it and then blocking the path as you leave to cover your escape, but in general I think you covered it very well.

We put a fair amount of effort and thought into the walls we had. They were never a substitute for pvp, the best we could ever hope for from them was to (a) alert us to incoming forces and (b) slow those forces down a little to give us time to respond.

For many of the veterans they have a slew of bots ready to go with good fits worked out long in advance, for many of our players they are busy putting some EP into some extension to allow them to fit what it is they are trying to equip, so it can take quite some time to muster a force to defend and the walls allowed us to do that.

Some people suggest using gate scouts instead of walls/probes, and yes we do when we are doing certain operations, but TOG policy is against using trial accounts for anything other than trailing a game, so it comes down to asking someone to cover a certain point for a certain period, rather than just making up another 3 email addresses and turning up the sound on a spare PC. Likewise to those who suggest the Alsbale population is not interested in pvp, we deliberately split TOG into two to allow those who did not want to pvp to live on alpha without feeling obliged to come over and fight, so everyone left in TOG is by definition interested in PvP.

<snip off topic>

I personally think that the walls were great, they were easily (but not trivially) counter able, and if people put together a well thought out defensive position the attackers would have to think through their attack and plan a little, as it should be.

The ability to just randomly build walls wherever you wanted (within reason) and also blow them up was a true sandbox feature, a bold move by the devs and really helped revitalise the Beta island population.

The walls-only-around-the-outpost-but-not-too-close-and-also-not-near-any-SAPs are more or less irrelevant and do not bring with them any of the control that the nearly-unlimited walling had, and also remove probes as any kind of early warning system, forcing people to afk at gates or spam trial accounts once again.

a few more things i want to add.

with the walls the defenders had for the first time in perpetuum a advatage. before that the attacker was always at the advatage. the attackers got the surprise. if even one gate scout was afk it was all for nothing at the gankers had a few easy kills.

with the walls the owner of the island could use the island for their own benefit. they could wall off entire regions if they wanted to, and as it seams it had in most cases the effect that was planed. no wall can keep anybody out of there. but it buys time. time to respond and time to get you miners or pve bots back and bring the pvp bots out. i think the alsbale natives have shown that often enough that they can pvp and do pvp. but not pvp like the persons that complain like. pvp for them is just to rush in and kill everything at is an easy target.

the walls changed that. they got no or very few easy kills. the walls kept them out for long enough. not stop them. but it gave you time to react. and if a overwelming force shows up then im realy sory that you did not get your 2 miners killed that were the only ppl online atm on that iland. but if you have the choice to fight a certain death with 3 ppl against a attack force of 10 or more. i think then it is acceptable to say that then we dont fight at all.

we like to fight and we do fight. and we have shown that often enough. what we dont like is to get ganked. and for that the walls were pretty usefull.

but back to walls:
the walls were used to create a realtivly save zone around the outpost with enough room and locations to do anything in it without beeing shot on a 30 minute basis. for that you need some decent mining or npc spots within that area. with the new patch (3000m) this will make the walls more then useless. the wall are not there to protect the outpost. that one dont needs a defense. the walls were there to protect the spots of intrest around the outpost. and there are nearly no spots of intrest in a 3km radius. with this the walls became useless, and there is no need for a medival fortress, because there is no gain in it.

if you would say 4000-5000m then i would say it still would have been of use. but with 3000 there is no gain. with this the walls will be broken to a way were there is nothing that it is worth to build and maintain them.

I really think walls are better suited for gamma islands and PBS system.