1 (edited by Lemon 2012-03-07 15:31:12)

Topic: Wall Balance and You

Now due to a few recent events i am now going to have type a full post with supporting details on my iphone due to being out of town. please excuse any errors outside of my normal horrible writing skillz.

"Persistent Sandbox Universe" - A quote from the front page

I am beginning to wonder if we should add to the tail end of this "We pick your shovel size and set digging limits!"

The Principle

Walling, a player or faction in the games current state can wall with 2 philosophies behind there build plan and nothing more. These philosophies are quite simple and as followed, "Walling FOR PvP" as to invite and welcome it or "Walling AGAINST PvP". These simple yet staple principles when walling are the only two methods these structures have been used. However before I or anyone else can mount a logical argument around them i felt it was key to take note of these two principles used by any player ever considering laying walls.

What do walls achieve?

Walling FOR PvP- Walls allow you to funnel enamies in to terrain you find more suitible to other, numerious tactical advantages to sculpting player paths and traffic through means such as switchbacks, FoF (Fields of Fire), Travel distance to key location and much more.

Walling AGAINST PvP- Walls allow players to mitigate the ammount of pvp they recieve through layering and ample sense of alaram as well as a FALSE sense of security. Thus less active scouting.

Where walls have been over used: A Review

Forgive my bluntness but i feel it is a must in the current situation.

Lets Review the 3 following islands first- Kentagura, Norhoop, and Alsbale.

Kentagura walls- This island was overwalled due to excited players playing with a new feature (Thus wall Decay) these players are also no longer active on beta and never truely were "Active" on beta.

Norhoop walls- Due to a deteriorating player base and quickly becoming a minority in "Blob" race this island was sealed off at all teleporters to allow free internal island movement if the routes were known and a nightmare for any outside force that attempted to attack un-scouted. This is a example of walling AGAINST PvP as there goal here was to prevent roamers from attacking ill-prepared players and inexperianced players attempting to make a go at beta (Morte). A portion of there great walling can also be attributed to Chaos's dwindling active player base and a need for securing there beta island for the remaining players to be able to safely use there island for logistical and industrial purposes. The bulk of these walls will soon disapear due to decay.

Alsbale walls- Here is a special case of "Walling AGAINST PvP" as there is a real motive behind there use of walls and quite frankly NEED for walls in there current state. Alsbale is currently the most populated island and outside of STC also the youngest and most in-experianced beta players in the game. They have walled off and sealed most of the back terrain routes to there bases and sufficiently probed the island for ample alarm of any enamies trying to move in the back country to remove any non-combats and mobilize some defence force to investigate. They also walled in there core mining spots and made attempts at creating "Tactical" walls to help assist in there pvp.

From these 3 island examples we can see the A) over excited walls will be gone from Decay the B) Not enough players- Walls will soon fall to decay as no active residents and C) New player over the top defense is still standing and the route cause for a large majority of QQ.

How to COUNTER walls for Dummies:

1) Scout ahead of time a islands walls and determine there main routes to there terminals(EVERYONE has to have a way to get from Alpha to Beta - Now you know where to go freely, that was hard! With this counter you can now plant sufficient logg off traps as all traffic is now funneled and easily monitored by a single player from afar. You can also plan speed hit and run roams to get in and burn through these defences before a proper reacting force can respond and your gone.

2) The Planned roam- Going to a island a day or couple hours ahead of time and neuting a probe so there alarms are no longer effective and allow free movement by for the next 24 hours or until noticed (never noticed) you have free passage yahhhhhh!

3) Ghosting- Run a full masked fleet! Yes expensive and requires lots of EP

4) The smart way- Fit a Masked bot with a target painter, walk up to any walled in probe and commence painting. Congratulations your entire mech fleet may now lock and engage a probe outside of detection range and blow through any walls/probes from a safe distance.

5) blunt force- Using angles/mobs/probes/players/bombs and simply blasting your way through walls

Apply this to Alsbale where 9/10 probes are behind/In the wall you now have a GIANT HOLE and are undetected.

Why walls are awesome?

Because people are idiots and think they make them safe. Honestly they are the best thing for PvP i have seen in a long time. Players have stopped SCOUTING GATES < you are no longer detected upon entering... you only have to be smarter than your average ape and not be spotted by a probe to freely move and gank on a island as you please. People are walling them selves in under a false idea of security and are under a lower level of awareness and have basically disarmed them selves.

Player Element- For you Dev's

Go ahead and change walls again because the player element has not had time to adapt and adjust to the new feature properly. Great example of this before was the ERP nerfs after the first needed one, it was nerfed due to players in-ability to hold there fire while a target was being neutralized for using reactive builds designed for taking on mindless waves of idiots blindly firing at anything that moves on beta. Really? is it that hard to hold your fire while someone is neuting? no it isnt but we still see things nerfed because players arn't able to adapt.

Players fitting guns and going 'I WANT PPPVVVPPP" should only be able to get so far before not thinking outside of the box gets them bit.
To the Players

This is now being repeated because players who are no longer beta active and have much much MORE pvp experiance are unable to adapt and learn how to counter a simple object on the field.... Dude you cant out think a wall or probe? seriously it can only see like 500m....... thats a joke a trail on gate see's EVERYTHING a L10 detector skilled light bot with a T4 detector and 5% from outpost buff can see over HALF the island. and your complaining about 500m? or a blocked passage no one is watching?

Yes keep voting for this new crap that will bring back full gate scouts and instant in-active islands the second you jump in.

You cant blame the most active players who are NEW to pvp for doing everything in there power to stay on BETA and alive with virtually the WHOLE server attacking them on a constant bases as there are no other populated betas aside from 2-3 maybe hiding in the hills here or there ninjaing

Personal Notes

Seriously? you claim no pvp because a island has time to dock up non-combats and field what combats they can and judge a enemy force if they can engage or not? PvP= PLAYER VS PLAYER not Player vs no-gun indy toon.

You want miners or free kills you gotta work for it baby... you want a fight jump in blast the front door off and shoot anything that moves, it will come. Ask omen he knows full well ill walk on his island and just walk up to his outpost for a fight. I get no pleasure in squashing 5 with 20 or a Rivler. I do get pleasure from whipping a mining fleet and watching the rage, but that takes effort and finese not just blindly running around island with a TEEEE 4 SPEED NEXXXUSSSS. You all want to QQ lets focus on addressing real balance issue with PvP and focus on other things then attaining easier kills.

TL:DR- Stop balancing because a bunch of grumpy old men cant figure out how to adapt to change and work around somthing. Free kills take work, getting a fight doesnt. This was painful on a iphone

P.S. there go all my free kills from my planned roams when i get back in town

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

2 (edited by Lemon 2012-03-07 16:08:34)

Re: Wall Balance and You

PPS- Whats next? Should i show you my concept sketch's and ideas for my gamma island defence and structure layout to know ahead of time so all my nic/time invested after i build it on gamma doesnt get brushed away in 1 patch?

I already send in my fits 2-3 months ahead of time before i run them. So you have sufficient time to balance around it.

Im losing faith with all these knee jerks and not sticking your foot down Devs.

i thought it took numbers and detailed reviews to get things done not a QQ +1 thread

BTW this is a detailed video depiction of how i warm up to pvp break down walls and then nail everyone. 0:00-1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN-xq7t6 … ature=slpl

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

3 (edited by Grazskin 2012-03-07 18:14:16)

Thanks Lemon, taking both sides of the coin on this wall issue and address the real issue in PVP.

I also think these people don't understand the Dev's intentions to get more or new people to give beta try with walls and probes, samething goes for these gamma island and for the better word POS's (eve term)

I agree with alot of what you said.

The QQ is from the people that want 'instant' PVP, the same ones that QQ in WoW if the battleground queue's are more than 5 minutes.

I undertand their perspective, maybe they only have 30-45 minutes of game time per night, and they want to get some action in, but is that really what Perpetuum should be balanced around?

There's also the issue of low population, as it pertains to PVP, its difficult to get a squad put together for a decent sized attack or response, this I understand too. But again, if we are looking at balancing the game around the server population being low, there are alot of changes that should be made before worrying about walls.

Devs, look at the psychology of the players and scenerios that Lemon has laid out. The players on Alsbale DON'T WANT TO FIGHT, removing their ability to wall agressivly-defensive isn't going to suddenly generate PVP agents for them to guard thier miners with. The walls gave them the ability to survive on beta. This is where I get agrivated, because by removing walls, the message your sending is that using the game mechanics Smartlyand using your economic power agressively, are worthless. Perpetuum ONLY wants combat player vs player, and beta islands are only for combat PVP, not for players smart and dedicated enough to pour many hours and millions of NIC per day into being 'safe'.

But as lemon points out, they are not 'actually' safe. They are safe from players that give-up because the wall defenses are too hard. So, the real power of the walls, is not that they actually make players safe, but because the players that would normally be a danger are too lazy to put the effort into countering them.

How can you punish a group of players that have worked so hard? You have to realize that the Anti-PVP walls didn't spring into existance on day 1. Every time they were attacked, they learned from it, and created a counter. THAT is exactly what PVP is all about. Now, instead of making the roaming PVP'ers learn new and better tactics, you're simply removing the obstacle for them.

For those that are thinking they aren't removing the walls, just limiting the distance: A comprehensive defense plan needs to include the whole Island, not just a small band around a structure that doesn't mean anything. There is no reason to 'defend' an outpost. It simply isn't a target, SAPs and bots are the only targets on beta. And even then, you can't 'defend a SAP. You either have enough players online to counter the attackers force, or you don't. Walls only slow and direct traffic, they don't DEFEND anything.

Making this change needs more justifcation than "its needed to restore 'easy' roaming".

5 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-03-07 19:19:01)

Arga wrote:

...The players on Alsbale DON'T WANT TO FIGHT, removing their ability to wall agressivly-defensive isn't going to suddenly generate PVP agents for them to guard thier miners with. The walls gave them the ability to survive on beta.

Then they do not belong on beta.  Period.

Harsh, yes, but still the truth.  Reward is suppose to come with risk and effort, it's not the god-given-right of all players.  You want to carebear on beta, fine, recruit pvpers into your corp to run defense ops, or allign with a pvp oriented corp to provide that military muscle.  If you want total safety from any form of attack, mine and farm on alpha, if you want the observer spawns, epriton, and better artifact scans, you have to go to beta, but you also have to accept the risk that goes with that reward, the possiblity of a hostile attack.

If you have scouts out, should be hard to get you by surprise, if you have combat pilots out, they can form up and defend while you dock up what you have to.

The sense of entitlement that people, especially some of the younger people here ( mostly WOW-like MMO players) is ridiculous.  Whether it is RL, or MMOs, reward comes with effort, and risk. TANSTAAFL! There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.  Expecting walls to compensate, and demanding that they compensate, for the lack of desire or ablity to field a military force, so that a small group who do not want to have to endure raids and sov attack, and yet reap the rewards of beta resources, is neither reasonable nor realistic.

Those of us who came from EVE-like environments know better.  You build a corp or alliance to be multifunctional, providing military support, resource gatherers, and manufacturers into a team that mutually compliments each others activities.  Holding and maintaining space is based on a complex system of military force, system upgrades, industrial backing, and allies.  Politics in this arena play no small part either.  But no one has any illusion that they have a right to something in null, that they maintain their control of those resources by defending them with military force.  Piss off the wrong people, fail in diplomacy, or just have something that someone wants, the only thing that determines your ablity to control it is what forces you can bring to the table.

As far as Lemon's assertation that it has been a boon to pvp, just look at the kb for the past 3 months, and you will see a steady decline in pvp.  For about a month there, most of the pvp was occuring either on Hokk, almost wallless, or Nova, when Hokk alliance went to initially discourage EHARM from picking on new players, STC, everywhere else pvp has ground down to a couple a day.  Anyone here can verify that just by looking at the KB, and the DEVS have real-time data that they can easily see such.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

As far as Lemon's assertation that it has been a boon to pvp, just look at the kb for the past 3 months, and you will see a steady decline in pvp.  For about a month there, most of the pvp was occuring either on Hokk, almost wallless, or Nova, when Hokk alliance went to initially discourage EHARM from picking on new players, STC, everywhere else pvp has ground down to a couple a day.  Anyone here can verify that just by looking at the KB, and the DEVS have real-time data that they can easily see such.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Ingame:Most_dangerous

I link the above because i attained 44 of those in 4 days and the bulk of which took place on Alsbale followed by Novastrov.

Any argument stating the KB as proof to a decline in pvp due to walls i will retort with general chat numbers and state if the overall population is down then it will directly relate to the active beta population thus the KB activity.

I now point you to a theory behind this which is the "Waiting Period" as some have deemed it in this thread.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … to-say-it/

Now unless your argument is to state that walls in the current state of the population and or world size is causing a  balance issue that is another thing entirely. Which we can see Arga referenced above and i am sure there is a full realm of possibilities.

Risk Vs Reward
Is it not a risk for a group of industrial focused players to push to beta and RISK everything to build walls to buy them selves time to further RISK there assets to mine on beta for a REWARD?

Does these players taking this  RISK not in fact directly increase the # of potential targets on that island?

I have yet to see these walls be subject to any form of siege or sov attack, only simply repel ill prepared zerg roams.

As my self during solo pvp in my 4 days i lost my first bot on Alsbale due to Walls and it was  a learning experience for me. ToG bagged my kain mk 2 caught me in a switch back they built. I am sure they can attest to after that death i adapted my strategy and came back and avenged my death once again getting well over 15 kills.

There is no law that states every player has to have sufficient military force to live on beta nor that they have to fight for it on beta. The simple fact to the matter is that any decent military force can come and evict them. However Alsbale does have  a force and are learning and improving and im sure as they mature we will see a steady decrease in walls.

Go look at Kenta or Norhoop with the decay, they are new islands now.

Undefeated 2013

I took the time to read your whole post, and I simply disagree.

It's wholly your 'opinion' that the only players that should be on beta are strong COMBAT players.

The Entitlement issue is on you, that just because a player uses bots with weapons on it, they are the only players that should matter.

+1

very nice post Lemon. The complaints that bombing walls is not PvP are comming from guys with "hands growing from ***" (as hunter would say)

You need a sequer (i think a certain corp still has *** of them stockpiled somewhere), a few bombs, and a LWF, to do clean some walls and proxies together with them. Those destroyed walls dont build up again on their own, and not in all off them in a few seconds after destruction. Your roam can then bring down "maintainence" Robots, or simply roam into that territory.

the kettle black whatever here is the "demand for more sand" while crying the moment a new true sand-tile got added. Better you stop playing this game now, before Terraforming was added.

Same goes for the question to the DEVs: "whats your intention with this feature"
Answer probably is short: "adds more sand"

PS:
As far as i can remember Arga was a PvP player since he started playing this game
(player driven market is PvP by definition)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Thank you Lupus for confirming what Arga said, that this game is PvPers haven and everybody else can GTFO. The only problem is, this game needs carebears to fuel the economy and population.

Money should provide some protection if somebody wanna go that route. There should be more ways to live on beta islands then to have the biggest combat force. If you want to spend time and nic on strengthening your defense, you should be able to do it.

Once again, I dont want 100% safe beta, I want more ways to defend yourself on beta.

Many PvPers are saying they want more fights, but tbh you guys are just looking for easy targets, miners to gank 5 minutes after you logged into the game. Makes me sad.... advice: go play World of Tanks instead then.

Industrial Junkie

Arga wrote:

I took the time to read your whole post, and I simply disagree.

It's wholly your 'opinion' that the only players that should be on beta are strong COMBAT players.

The Entitlement issue is on you, that just because a player uses bots with weapons on it, they are the only players that should matter.

Opinion?  No.  They earn the the ablity to control those resources, by being willing to commit to their defense with active military force.  No entitlement involved there, merely the ablity to project force and defend their activities on beta.  It's a meritocracy based on willingness to sacrifice in the common ( corporate/alliance) interest.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Opinion?  No.  They earn the the ablity to control those resources, by being willing to commit to their defense with active military force.  No entitlement involved there, merely the ablity to project force and defend their activities on beta.  It's a meritocracy based on willingness to sacrifice in the common ( corporate/alliance) interest.

This is coming from a corp that went from communist to a capitalist setup because the members were not willing to sacrifice in the common ( corporate/alliance) interest smile

Industrial Junkie

Tamas Vitez wrote:

Thank you Lupus for confirming what Arga said, that this game is PvPers haven and everybody else can GTFO. The only problem is, this game needs carebears to fuel the economy and population.

Money should provide some protection if somebody wanna go that route. There should be more ways to live on beta islands then to have the biggest combat force. If you want to spend time and nic on strengthening your defense, you should be able to do it.

Once again, I dont want 100% safe beta, I want more ways to defend yourself on beta.

Many PvPers are saying they want more fights, but tbh you guys are just looking for easy targets, miners to gank 5 minutes after you logged into the game. Makes me sad.... advice: go play World of Tanks instead then.

Reading comprehension, try it.  No, what I said is for the "carebears" that do not want to pvp, but be on beta, should team up with those who do.  Multifaceted corps/alliance, each facet complimenting the others activity.  MMOs are about teamwork, not solo.  Yes, miners and industrialists are necessary, I have an industrialist alt, mine and manufacture every day.  But I also actively defend those industrialist alliance assets, as well as my own, with pvp.

You, Tamas and Arga, are the entitlement issue people here, the ones going "I should be able to have the candy, but I don't want t fight to get it".  Fine, don't, just work with someone who does.

And what you all convenietly forget is what drives that industry?  It's the PVP, the more PVP there is, the more demand for bots and equipment and ammo there is.  Horrible truth that it is, war is good for business in MMOs.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

defense with active military force.

See Devs, this is the type of player your catering too. Only military force is a valid form of game play, any 'thinking' or need to actually counter defenses are beneth thier gameplay.

Walls are powerful, but they aren't overpowered.

Don't revert the server back to gank-a-tron days.

The real problem with walls is not what people did with them, it was that most of beta was locked out / innefecient to the average player / ninja miner / roamer / mission runner. If there had been more room in the game, they wouldn't have been the problem they became. The game world is rediculosuly small already, and walls just restricted movement in that small area. It didn't make the game bigger by doing this, it just made it more frustrating and conductive to one playstyle (island dweller) at the expensive of others. I think alot of islands are already very restrictive moving about them and people whent so far even to block off many externals/internals and only have one/no enterance to their island.

I imagine for the devs walls were just an experiment to help them ballance terraforming on gamma islands. I imagine they will allow for more control to the corps living there than they will on beta after these changes. I imagine alsbale will be able to do exactly what they did with walls when they move to the gamma islands with teraforming.  So while I agree with you about walls being a false sense of security, I think that level of island control needs to be reserved for gamma islands which include the risk of being more than 1 jump from alpha and the risk of your outpost being destroyed and won't make the game feel severely cramped.

Just my opinion anyway. I hope the devs leave terraforming rather unrestricted and allow players to do what they wish within reasonable limits, even if it makes their island very hard to roam. Its not like walls are all we will have to play with if terraforming / POS releases on schedule. I am looking past the wall nerf, foward to teraforming/POS.

With gamma and teraforming not a long way off, I don't think wall ballance will be very import for much longer.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

You, Tamas and Arga, are the entitlement issue people here, the ones going "I should be able to have the candy, but I don't want t fight to get it".  Fine, don't, just work with someone who does.

Why do I have to fight over a candy when I can buy it with my money in any shop ?

Industrial Junkie

Blowing stuff up is good.

If the focus of this game is SIMPLY to blow things up, then the game is no better then atari's "Alien Invaders" with slightly better graphics.

The reason I'm fighting so hard for this, is because if the involved corps do, everyone will just think they are QQ'ing. eHarm is walling FOR pvp, not against it. But all corps should have the Freedom to wall as they want, and it should be up to the PLAYERS to counter it, in the GAME, not in the forums or IRC.

even if i dont like to day it here. i totally have to agree whith lemon here. he made the best point i have read in the forum about walls.

i dont want to add much to it so ill leve it with this.

+1 to no wall change

i totally agree here. let the ppl decide what to do. if you want to live behind a wall then its your choice. if you dont like it do something or let them be. its not your choice to say this is the wrong way...

18 (edited by Celebro 2012-03-07 20:49:06)

These counters seem all viable but the point is nobody really cares to counter because it's boring, too time consuming and rarely ends with bot to bot engagements. I realised from day one that PvP is centre stage in this game, just look at the number of bots available for combat vs industrial. Walls also remove other players from the defence equation even if it has to hire merc corps. Devs added Walls as a cure, due lack of players available to defend, but it seems the cure ended up worse than the disease, hence the double nerf. Thinking they will nerf it again because there are players QQing just insults the Dev's intelligence.

RIP PERPETUUM

19 (edited by Chris Blue 2012-03-07 21:09:58)

To some people it seems like it takes no effort to think about defensive strategies, placing and maintaining walls/probes etc. You really have no idea what i takes to do so, especially economicly.
And its also wrong to assume 'Alsbale' does not want PvP. We do want to pvp, just not in our non-aggression indy bots -.-
Lupus might now say: 'yes, we were on alsbale but you were hiding in your outpost' or something like that.
my answer to this will be: 'we dont want to fight on a ratio with 2:1 or even 3:1 bots against us.
To me its sound like all youre saying is. I want easy kills and lots of em.
YOU sir, are the one not making any efforts.

+1 to NOT changing walls

20 (edited by Sundial 2012-03-07 21:20:33)

You think you would have a choice to fight against those numbers if M2S decided to lock you out of your outposts Chris?

PvP on beta isn't optional if you wan't to live there even before this wall nerf.

Its all or nothing, they either go through extensive effort / extensive logout traps / constant camping your island, evict you from your outpost (which you still wouldn't fight for probobly), or don't get any fights/ganks of any kind.

There needs to be a middle ground and the new radius system gives that middle ground. There needs to be bots dying sometimes or else all NIC is just going to go into buying walls / probes  / bombs and the economy will suffer (and this very thing is happening right now)

PvP is optional on alpha.

camping an outpost doesnt benefit either side, evict someone from an outpost forces corps to live on alpha => less pvp, hence all contraproductive to this community/population.
And yes we do and did fight for alsbale, CIR learned it the hard way. video proof available!
Fighting? Yes! - Suiciding? No!

Lemon wrote:

Im losing faith with all these knee jerks and not sticking your foot down Devs.

i thought it took numbers and detailed reviews to get things done not a QQ +1 thread

Couldn´t agree more. But history has shown us, that this is the way it works, apparently.
and
+ 1 for OP

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

+++ 1 for writing OP on an Iphone big_smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Chris Blue wrote:

camping an outpost doesnt benefit either side, evict someone from an outpost forces corps to live on alpha => less pvp, hence all contraproductive to this community/population.
And yes we do and did fight for alsbale, CIR learned it the hard way. video proof available!
Fighting? Yes! - Suiciding? No!

Exactly my point.

People can't just roam you now and then, they have to go absolutely all out.

In the end if walls were left like they were I couldn't see there being any kind of market at all left for anything. It prevents NIC from entering the economy and it also takes NIC out with it.

We are at a middle ground now where you are partially safe (and still more safe than you were months ago). You can mine/farm within the 3000m, go outside it be prepared to get organized.

When teraforming comes you will be able to do the exact same stuff Chris. The only difference is you will be vulnerable between alpha and your gamma station. Players will suffer losses there and it will stimulate the economy. They also risk losing their station, but they can still mine in peace if they have the political or military power.

With the small gameworld, low population and weak economy, the game wasn't ready for walls at the level they were introduced. When gamma comes, no one will even remember or care about any of this and will do the same stuff they did on beta but on gamma.

Me personal, I am On the fence when it comes to walls.  Walls are hindering some forms of pvp... pvp includes ghanking miners... Argano Team Ghank Squad go!  However it is providing active Beta Islands to roam, regardless if they choose to fight you or not.  But one thing I have noticed, whether it's walls or low active population, less bots are dieing and the market is slowing down.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.