Topic: [BUG] Missile Reload Changes Ammo

I thought that I would mess around with missiles for a little fun and have found them handy.  BUT what I have found less handy is that the launcher swaps ammo on me when it reloads automatically.

I have three types of ammo in my bot: Chemoactive, Dualcore, and Sonic.  When my launcher reaches zero, the ammo will change from dualcore or sonic to Chemoactive.  This is rather irritating as I did not tell it to change and chose the ammo specifically for the target.

To me, this is a bug since the launcher should reload the last ammo used and not some ammo it thinks is better.

Re: [BUG] Missile Reload Changes Ammo

Same here, did happend with miners and geoscanners too.
Very annoying.

Stainless wrote:

Same here, did happend with miners and geoscanners too.
Very annoying.

From what Ammo to what ammo.  And is it always the same ammo.  So say if you use Sonic or dualcore does it always go to chemoactive?  A little more detail in the "Same Here..." replies.

Seems like a bug was introduced recently with a new patch.
When your weapon reloads it now doesn't seem to remember the previous ammo it had. This was also an issue with deploying but it seems it's spread to as far as if you have more than one ammo type in your cargo.

Probably happening for all reloads on any module that uses ammo and more than one ammo type if present in the cargo.

It didn't always happen.

a little more details would also help: did the weapon/module reach the "empty status"?

do you trigger the automatic reload sequence by "activating" and "empty " module, or does it do that during regular cycling.

regular cycling: module is on automatic cycle, hits zero, starts reload, continues to cycle -> this sequence is broken by: target lost (eg. death of tharget, or tile empty)

inactive modules that have zero ammo and you activate or hit "reload all" on them, will, and always have been, loading the ammo type in your cargo that comes first (C=first in alphabetical order).

is this report about something different?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Situation: In combat
Weapon Status: Launcher ran out of ammo and auto reloaded.
Effect:  The ammo type changed with out notification.  IF I use B with on round in the launcher, i get the same stuff.  But if I have 0 in the launcher, it goes to chemoactive when it should go to double core.

This was all automated for me, and it happens consistently.

There is also a bug where weapons stopped at 0 cannot be restarted without forcing a reload. Could be missiles only but I know it exists.

And yes. Carry two ammo types with you and try using both until your weapon is empty and let the auto reload do its job. When your weapon continues to fire it will have chosen the first found ammo. Try multiple combinations.

8 (edited by Annihilator 2011-08-01 00:44:39)

Alexander wrote:

There is also a bug where weapons stopped at 0 cannot be restarted without forcing a reload. Could be missiles only but I know it exists.

cannot be restarted by alpha striking or by individual activation? first thing is due to alpha strike change some patches ago, (unnecessary sidenote: from your corpmate)

please more details

*edit: cannot reproduce a situation where a missile launcher cannot be restarted at zero ammo"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

*edit: cannot reproduce a situation where a missile launcher cannot be restarted at zero ammo"

It's pretty easy to recreate but to give as much details as I and other have found it can would be:
Small Launchers (Any tier)
Reload missiles by any means and find some NPCs.
Shoot NPCs until you have 0 ammo left in your weapons and make sure this is the killing blow.
Attempt to fire the now empty weapons at an enemy (New or old lock) and your weapons will fail.

The above should be true. Also you can test the ammo bug by taking two ammo types with you and continuing to fire if the NPC doesn't die. A different ammo will be loaded into your weapons.

This may happen with turret weapons but I am not sure. It's a lot more likely with missiles due to their high damage and lower cycle time and reduced ammo capacity.

There is also another bug - if you are shooting at someone and during the reload the NPC gets killed by someone else - the reload will fail. Could be with all weapons.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Alexander - you cannot activate the weapon with alpha strike, you can activate the reload anytime and easy by activating the module individually. Thats what i wrote in my last post.

its working as intended:

Update news for 2011-06-27 wrote:

Change: Alpha strike (space key) will now ignore modules with no ammo, instead of constantly trying to activate them. Also works when turning them off with space.

like i said, thanks to that topic of your corpmate i have linked in my previous post wink

I have reload all modules bound to E becaue of this, typically i duel box and tripple box, esp when mining, clearning the cargo and defending the area.

I usually use a Waspish with some rounds of double core and some rounds of chem. ,

the layout on my screen is
Chem/dbl-c/chem/dbl-c/chem

i typically open up with a alpha strike and dont bother reloading i let the game auto reload.

lately i have noticed that my launchers loaded with chems don't bother reloading when my ammo count for the gets to below 100 rounds, the double cores how ever were stocked up to over 1k and continue to work. i also carry a backup of 100 smith rounds.