Re: More higher tier modules on the market please.

Arga, have you ever sold tiered items to the market?

Agy -

As a solo player, I've been working on research for 3 months - for the last 3 weeks a combination 100 kernels per day (combination of 3 and 4 star), and I'm only about 18% through T3 light/assault items.

But I have been producing T2 items as I go, so when I can do the T3 I have a back stock, and then I'll hold those too, until I reach the T4.

After I complete the lights, I will move onto farming Mechs. I suspect it will be another 2 months to complete the T4 light/assault tree, and another year for mechs.

I WILL be selling T4 items, although I'm not sure what the demand will be for the items I can produce from just the light bots. This is why I'm saying waiting for the solo producers isn't the way to get more tiered items to the market. And if anyone would benefit from the changes suggested, it would be me, but I don't think it would be good for the game to have solo or even small corp producers capable of selling T4 items TOO quickly. If you look at the changes, the Devs are actively making sure that T4 is rare, with the kernel nerf, the addition of Briochet and the subseqent nerf to Norgalis yeild. If we manage to convince them to change research, then we can expect the material components to become rarer.

Arga wrote:

Agy -

As a solo player, I've been working on research for 3 months - for the last 3 weeks a combination 100 kernels per day (combination of 3 and 4 star), and I'm only about 18% through T3 light/assault items.

But I have been producing T2 items as I go, so when I can do the T3 I have a back stock, and then I'll hold those too, until I reach the T4.

After I complete the lights, I will move onto farming Mechs. I suspect it will be another 2 months to complete the T4 light/assault tree, and another year for mechs.

I WILL be selling T4 items, although I'm not sure what the demand will be for the items I can produce from just the light bots. This is why I'm saying waiting for the solo producers isn't the way to get more tiered items to the market. And if anyone would benefit from the changes suggested, it would be me, but I don't think it would be good for the game to have solo or even small corp producers capable of selling T4 items TOO quickly. If you look at the changes, the Devs are actively making sure that T4 is rare, with the kernel nerf, the addition of Briochet and the subseqent nerf to Norgalis yeild. If we manage to convince them to change research, then we can expect the material components to become rarer.

I cringe at the though of all this grinding you need to do Arga. Where as one of perpetuum feautures is 'time based character development', well not so for getting up the tech tree. sad

RIP PERPETUUM

tech tree =/= "character"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

True, its a lot of repetition. But if I didn't have this as a long term goal, what would I replace it with; as a solo player?

I mine, I farm kernels, I hunt artifacts, I produce robots and t1 items. There are no 'non-grindy' PVE options, but I do as many of them as I can, to reduce the repetition.

It's a game choice to play solo, I'm not going to complain about something I chose to do.... ok, maybe I'll complain occasionaly... just to break the monotony smile

If you're already working on T3 as a soloer I think the game is balanced pretty well. Some T4 items are insanely hard to produce even on a corp scale.

GnB.. that's light and assault kernel T3 only (no medium items), but yes I think the balance is OK as I'm doing my own farming and not buying kernels. And the pace allows me to produce the lower tiers as I go... I'm broke smile But soon(ish) there'll be a flood of T4 items on the market and perhaps I'll be able to buy through some of the mech kernels.

Syndic wrote:

Youre trying to balance a solo industrialist supplying everything alone, vs an entire corporation supplying everything for 1 researcher.

What 1 solo player farms in a month, a corp-team farms in a lazy afternoon. In short, its something that can't be balanced to achieve some "hey I should be progressing as fast as that researcher guy who has 50-100 guys farming his kernels" utopia. smile

Quoting again to point out what youre repeatedly doing wrong.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Arga wrote:

but yes I think the balance is OK as I'm doing my own farming and not buying kernels.

Quoting again to point out that I'm not asking for any changes to be made.