Re: Incoming Transmission Podcast Episode #5

The additional demob resistance of the evasive module is good too.

It is a much more attractive counter now to the stabilizer and maybe a reason to use a mk II? I've noticed a lot more market activity for the MK-II's since the patch, which I'm attributing partially to the increased player base, but it could also be that they are now more viable even with the additional cost?

77 (edited by Yarren Rakarth 2011-05-17 18:32:27)

Intruder wrote:

Sorry crepitus, no real drama with arachnix leaving, he was not content and we had discussed it a few times, he wanted something different and found it, left peacefully after reporting his intentions ,I wish him the best of times, we had a lot of laughs and good times. and  jita is off living real life but around checking in. He just got bored . Sorry I couldn't add more chaos to those that feed on it smile

We did have alot of fun, oh yes we did smile Noone can take that away big_smile

EDIT:

CrepitusGoldenGoose wrote:

so I'm sad to see one support game cancer

Someone has to Play the Bad guys too you know wink

78 (edited by bureaucracy 2011-05-17 18:53:54)

Annihilator wrote:

because i feel like that is partially aimed at me, i answer to it:
I couldn't care less about who did what with an axe acount and why.
My only question is - what will the DEVs do with someone who makes public announcement that he was Violating one of the very basic rules of the Game. I don't want to have the Insurance-fraud-fix disaster repeated again, where the DEVs took action but a little bit to late.
If they not react here, then its more or less like saying "we don't care about what you do with your account - sell it to your schoolfriend if you feel like you dont want to continue to play it"

Actually it wasn't because you seem to have a point other than speculating about our members moral standards based on actions in an MMO-sandbox.

It's a good point aswell because this will have to be addressed eventually.
Exactly how are accounts/characters supposed to be traded if at all?

Eve online outright has a character bazar and theoretically provides the means for a new player to acquire a couple of years of SP in return for a financial investment.
Buy PLEX', sell them for ISK, buy a character with that ISK and pay the transfer fee.
I'm still impressed how they manage to find ways to sort of circumvent their own EULA and make profit from it.

Regardless of how CCP handles that, how is it supposed to work here?
Can someone just transfer ownership of an account to another person?

Currently, as long as the email address you used to create the account is 'disposable', there's nothing to identify that you traded the account and the email to another person.

There's no way for AC to control account owernership short of requiring somesort of personally identifiable registration, which is certainly going to raise the barrier to entry in the game.

This is one of those bridges that they may not want to deal with until it becomes an issue. The game is going to have be much larger than it is now for account swapping to have an impact, and at that point, 'real-id' types of registration barriers may not kill the game.

However, with the PSN hacks, Square Enix, ect, I feel better knowing that AC doesn't have any vital personal information.

Removing 'account resets' will make it harder to sell accounts, but its still going to happen, and AC does have the wording in the EULA so if they have to step in if they have to.

Arga wrote:

Currently, as long as the email address you used to create the account is 'disposable', there's nothing to identify that you traded the account and the email to another person.

There's no way for AC to control account owernership short of requiring somesort of personally identifiable registration, which is certainly going to raise the barrier to entry in the game.

This is one of those bridges that they may not want to deal with until it becomes an issue. The game is going to have be much larger than it is now for account swapping to have an impact, and at that point, 'real-id' types of registration barriers may not kill the game.

However, with the PSN hacks, Square Enix, ect, I feel better knowing that AC doesn't have any vital personal information.

Removing 'account resets' will make it harder to sell accounts, but its still going to happen, and AC does have the wording in the EULA so if they have to step in if they have to.

My resale value... it will be diminished...

Best to sell now smile

I see we're opening with corp intel now.

Yes, if someone sends me a message about intel I will report it. But i will also do some digging to find out the full story.

Does this mean that all corp drama will be in the opening credits?

No, just reported community information. And as long as we have both sides of the story.

I see you didn't mention that we caught another m2s spy, one of memnoch's alts, and kicked him after he did a really poor job lying to stay in but maybe that happened after the broadcast, fuzzy timeline.

No one sent me any information on an M2S spy being caught. Can't report on it if I don't know about.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

More podcasts please!  Great job gents, keep it up:D

Arga wrote:

Shouldn't AC have information as to who payed for a certain account?
Since that sort of thing can't be done anonymously they would be able to spot changes there. If the regitered owner doesn't match up with the person paying for it, wouldn't that create problems in and out of itself?

bureaucracy wrote:
Arga wrote:

Since that sort of thing can't be done anonymously they would be able to spot changes there. If the regitered owner doesn't match up with the person paying for it, wouldn't that create problems in and out of itself?

Pay with time codes from places like Shattered Crystal.

bureaucracy wrote:
Arga wrote:

negative, nothing that says other people cant pay for you. If you use paypal doesnt me you have to log into yours, this is easy to get past, people can gift you time codes, you can go buy them elswhere, you can use someone elses credit card, etc etc etc.

87 (edited by Celebro 2011-05-18 19:20:36)

Not sure about the rules, I don't think account sharing is allowed, if it is permitted they should change the rules IMHO, so stop this nonsense issue.

Account owner should have the right to do whatever he/she wants with said account and be responsible for it whatever happens and never give away username password to anyone.

I will define owner as the owner of the email address which shows as username, that person will most surely have the right to delete it via email directly with devs, if said owner shares his login details then it his/her fault whatever happens. Anyways account sharing always bring these problems so its better not to share and if it goes against the rules, account should be cancelled by devs IMO.

RIP PERPETUUM

bureaucracy wrote:
Arga wrote:

Paying for the game and the accounts aren't connected, as you apply codes to accounts, but the codes can be purchased elsewhere. Anyone with the email address and password can manage the account and apply codes, even if they were to ask real names, you could in theory just lie, as there's no way to tie the name to an email account. Even if the account was validated to a real person, that wouldn't stop someone else from managing it as long as they have the userid and password.

Personally I like the system now, where payment isn't tied to the account, as it leaves room for in-game selling of time codes like Eve. Also, there isn't anything inherintly wrong with not knowing who really owns the account, unless your trying to enforce something like no account selling or sharing.

As for Email account owenership, personal emails from places like hotmail or google also do not enforce identification of the email owner. So transfer of email user/password would be implicit in the Perp account transfer, even without providing the perp password.

In that thinking though, someone that 'pays' for an account isn't really the owner, as anyone could just give the account owner a code. So in that respect, I agree with Celebro that the account owner is the person who owns the email account it is registered to. But again there's nothing stopping email account ownership from changing hands if that account is 'disposable'. For instance,  I couldn't do it because I registered with my long time personal account, which I would never give to anyone, which is also why NOT being able to change the email address associated with accounts is important, or AC would them implicitly be giving permission for account transfers; which they clearly don't want as per the EULA.

Here's the rub, the 'final' account holder is always going to be the loser. In the case where there is a dispute, the only recourse AC has is to disable the account. Its like getting a counterfit bill and trying to spend it, if the store detects its a fraud, they will confiscate it and you get nothing; and if the FBI determine it was an innocent mistake, you win no jail time, but your still out the money.

This, as with anything that is against a EULA, you run the risk of losing the account... at AC's discretion.

Its one thing to setup rules that benefits most concerned as fairly as possible, and it another trying to enforce it. If registered email address changes hands, then AC must assume it was the owner in the first place, there is really no other way to go about it. Therefore it would be the owners responsibility to safe guard login details of both for email and game.

RIP PERPETUUM