Topic: Incoming Transmission Podcast Episode #5

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.com/ smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Incoming Transmission Podcast Episode #5

Cowards dare not sit on the debate in a podcast, shame on you Alliance / Corporation leaders!

3 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-16 00:21:41)

I wish I was invited for this, if you need an outside source from the 62nd please ask, in case balifzar isn't available. Some real interesting questions asked.

Yarren Rakarth wrote:

Cowards dare not sit on the debate in a podcast, shame on you Alliance / Corporation leaders!

I was looking forward to this too, I'm somewhat disappointed. hmm

EDIT: NOT in the podcast authors, obviously - mad props to them.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Thanks Gremrod & Kalsius for the opportunity.

The next time you want to do a panel of the Perpetuum community I hope we have a better turnout than tonight. All politics and what not aside we're mature individuals trying to further the podcast and the game itself so don't be shy and get onto Skype.

Regardless of this it was a great podcast and I hope people enjoyed listening.

We need to move to a shadowbane style siege -- you lay the challenge, defender sets the time within 24 hours, 24 hours from when it's set it kicks off.

Whoever said that real life is an excuse for being bad at video games.... is an ***...

8 (edited by Gremrod 2011-05-16 02:11:43)

Mara Kaid wrote:

I wish I was invited for this, if you need an outside source from the 62nd please ask, in case balifzar isn't available. Some real interesting questions asked.

There are a lot of people we want to invite. But of course if we get too many people at one time it could get crazy and the cast could also end up being 5 hours long. smile

So trust us a lot of names are on our list. You are one on that list. smile

@Styx

Thanks and thanks for coming on the cast.

GLiMPSE wrote:

We need to move to a shadowbane style siege -- you lay the challenge, defender sets the time within 24 hours, 24 hours from when it's set it kicks off.

Hmm, who could of that been.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

hmm i will listen to it when i come back home from work.
but only one corp-leader. wow, i had expected more.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

was a good pod cast wish some of the other corps would have showed up would have been interesting.

Thanks for the hard work put in to these.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

/me Always pleased to listen ITP during my work time.

A lot of really good points in this pod cast:

• People aren't taking full advantage of the new island.

• The blob is not dead and people aren't willing to break down into groups of smaller gangs fighting on multiple fronts

• Not enough diversity when it comes to what you can do when attacking and defending an outpost.

• New modules are balanced so far and allows new fittings set-ups

• Mineral balance is questionable

• New players are coming, hurrah!

• Intrusion times are not spread out far enough. No benefit to owning multiple outposts.

• Nothing to do between living on alpha and taking an outpost. Large alliances can easily stop smaller groups for making progress and nothing to stop them forming together

• A few corporation leaders aren't willing to talk on panels out of fear (Come on guys, nothing to lose!)

Next panel I would love to see members from an array of corporations from 10 member small alpha corps to 100 member beta corps. yikes

My sincere thanks to Styx for turning up and discussing this stuff with us, I really enjoyed it and I hope that the community does too.

We understand that the time we record and RL are big factors in being able to attend but for the two hours we need people to turn up, we hope people are able to make the effort to support the community and continue to build up the reputation of Perpetuum.

To Alexander, that is a great overview of some of the points raised. I think there are definitely some topics there that the community and the DEVs can have some interesting 'heated discussions' about....

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

14 (edited by Alexadar 2011-05-16 10:10:14)

I wish to add that i will be glad to see more interviews with perpetuum players. I had pleasure to listen thoughts of IBS and m2s guys in one of previous podcast.

[edit]
Also i wish to add that audio part of podcast, i mean that ambient part in the end of podcast, is useless and distracting. If i want to listen ambient tracks i can load some of them in my audio player or web player or whatever i'm using. Or i you can share you favorite audio tracks in the other posts in your podcasts. And also i can be not enlightened how you running podcast in the other side of the globe, relative to my location big_smile, but i think: if this is informative podcast on certain topic - listeners should listen podcast on certain topic, without long audio parts. Also if you want to put a background music: i think rythmick music will be better than ambient one, because listeners fall asleep after it.

I listened till the end, and i want to say guys - you doing great job! Thx for the podcast.

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:

We understand that the time we record and RL are big factors in being able to attend but for the two hours we need people to turn up, we hope people are able to make the effort to support the community and continue to build up the reputation of Perpetuum.

what timeframe is that anyway?  Even if i get an invitation to participate for whatever topic, i wonder if i could do it. Sunday is one of the worst days possible for me.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sorry to Gremrod & Kalsius for not being able to attend, RL emergencies have a nasty habit of getting in the way. sad

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Real life is for casual players.

I hate stationhuggers and arkhebears.
M2S - Considerably more braincells than Trantor.

Spam

Malakian wrote:

I had the very same mindset when I was 13-14 and my mom was paying for my MMO's.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Malakian wrote:

I had the very same mindset when I was 13-14 and my mom was paying for my MMO's.

Last year?

I hate stationhuggers and arkhebears.
M2S - Considerably more braincells than Trantor.

Spam

Please dont derail guys big_smile

Timing is a problem given our geographic locations, Sunday evenings around 2100 GMT+1 is about the only time we manage to get to record. It is understood people won't be able to make this and to those who can't your support is much appreciated in other ways.

I am going to draft up a post for PC#7 to try and set out some ground rules and hopefully this will a) give people comfort that it wont descend into a slanging match and b) time to try and arrange a slot in RL....

Many thanks again for the support.

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

If you guys ever want to do it on Teamspeak, I can make the time. I have no intrest in downloading and installing yet another program to do the same thing that the other ones I have do.

I was told I'd be emailed a copy of the questions, but that never happened. Even had I not been able to attend the panel I could have replied in text and you could have used that for awnsering.

I also feel like I've made public what I think of the game and how I'd like to see it progress, and apparently it differs quite a bit from what the producers of the podcast think.

And in response to the first portion of the podcast, your corporation is only as good as the people and the reputation of the people in the corp. Roving Guns took a lot of flak for some things people said BEFORE they were Roving Guns by people in this community. By accepting people that steal from other corporations, or who take a character that is vital to the corps viability and deleteing it, by allowing them to continue to bear your insignia, shows that you support that persons actions.

It's nice to see where the podcasts producers stand on this. I was actually starting to respect you Gremrod, which would have been a dubious honor as the only person in your corp that I did. Nice to see you actually fit right in with the Jelans, and the Stunts and the TBAs.

22 (edited by Jelan 2011-05-16 15:25:19)

Smokeyii wrote:

If you guys ever want to do it on Teamspeak, I can make the time. I have no intrest in downloading and installing yet another program to do the same thing that the other ones I have do.

I was told I'd be emailed a copy of the questions, but that never happened. Even had I not been able to attend the panel I could have replied in text and you could have used that for awnsering.

I also feel like I've made public what I think of the game and how I'd like to see it progress, and apparently it differs quite a bit from what the producers of the podcast think.

And in response to the first portion of the podcast, your corporation is only as good as the people and the reputation of the people in the corp. Roving Guns took a lot of flak for some things people said BEFORE they were Roving Guns by people in this community. By accepting people that steal from other corporations, or who take a character that is vital to the corps viability and deleteing it, by allowing them to continue to bear your insignia, shows that you support that persons actions.

It's nice to see where the podcasts producers stand on this. I was actually starting to respect you Gremrod, which would have been a dubious honor as the only person in your corp that I did. Nice to see you actually fit right in with the Jelans, and the Stunts and the TBAs.

Smokeyii your self righteous bullcrap doesnt really belong here, stop forcing your views on other people, jeesh.  Get back to your little utopian world where everyone plays with bunnies and makes flower garlands.

And dont ever come here with high morales which RG just doesnt have or uphold apart from the sad little paragraph on your website

Bring a wooden cross and some nails next time so you can die for our sins

23 (edited by Yarren Rakarth 2011-05-16 15:50:39)

Smokeyii wrote:

A man can only talk so much rubbish, I believe that a person turns and give their opinions and share them with the "enemy" in an open discussion and share their views in a debate is not much to ask from a high ranking person in a Corporation. The people who participate in the podcast has a chance to show where they stand and show where their views are, it is still alloy interest shown to the players in the perpetuum-Online and its developers.

Smokeyii wrote:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

You can not blame anyone for what they do with their own accounts, and to throw out accusations at people .. Stupid. ownership right overcomes the common sense.
Just because they spend time on a character's research does not mean that it is everyone. it is still the person who owns the one who makes choices.

I see nothing wrong in making use of spies and steal things from other organizations. It is part of the game.

LIVE WITH IT!

Yarren Rakarth wrote:

*words* Just because they spend time on a character's research does not mean that it is everyone. *words*

As for my corpmates, they totally disagree. I remember awful things what some players done for poor kid who done similar thing in one game. All i can say, if one person multiply a lot of team efforts by zero, team will be far not happy.

Alexadar wrote:
Yarren Rakarth wrote:

*words* Just because they spend time on a character's research does not mean that it is everyone. *words*

As for my corpmates, they totally disagree. I remember awful things what some players done for poor kid who done similar thing in one game. All i can say, if one person multiply a lot of team efforts by zero, team will be far not happy.

So if I pay for my account and I want to reset it, so you say it is wrong for me to do what I want with my account? This is not Russia where the account reset you. it is entirely up to the owner what he does.

A tips: therefore obtain a corporation account and keep it there, not with a random member.

There is still a part of the game. a part that only the owner can decide what to do.