Re: Incoming Transmission Podcast Episode #5

Now that I have successfully won another internet argument (when do i ever lose?) this topic can go back to the OP's Topic which is this amazing podcast.

Sorry this was temporarily derailed Grem/Kal.

Carry on.

Well... I think it was a crappy thing to do, but the players are the game, and you can do what you want. Going to the devs for justice is understandable, but it's not their place to exact revenge for meta-game issues. However the game-mechanic that allows for character resets does need to be addressed.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Now that I have successfully won another internet argument (when do i ever lose?) this topic can go back to the OP's Topic which is this amazing podcast.

Sorry this was temporarily derailed Grem/Kal.

Carry on.

My thanks for your assistance kind sir!!

Back on topic, we are glad people enjoyed this little foray into a new format for the podcast, we will go back to tried and tested for the next one as we are hoping that the expansion will have had time to bed down and there will be some interesting things to comment on...

In terms of a future panel, I have noted some of the comments made in this post and will try and wrap them up into another post specifically on that feature cast.

Again many thanks for listening, your support and constructive feedback keeps us going big_smile

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

sure its hard to determine who has an shared account and who not.

the difference is just - someone who makes an official statement that he "got an account from someone else" several times - isn't that proof enough to take action until he can proof the oppositte?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

CIR's motto is "For Great Justice" no? We'll let them decide smile

56 (edited by TeamBETAalpha 2011-05-16 20:36:14)

lol anyways. Back to topic. I really do to see more people join the podcast, be nice to see multiple CEO's etc discuss topics etc. It would really diversify things, this podcast is really a unique thing for the game itself. Wonder if perhaps we can promote the podcasts on other sites of the DEVS dont mind, maybe help get more people in game. Lots of new people coming in just hope they stay. Dont want people coming in to later have more people going out.

*** forgot to add. Hope to see more US timezones grow with players. Euro will always have great numbers but if we can get to the point where US timezones bring alot of players, it will sure help round out the timeclock of PO.

I do enjoy the neutral aspect which Styx had given. What we need is more of it, more people.

How often have we said back to topic know? To distract, of what actually has become the main topic.  We should open up a new topic in this case.

Imo, you are absolutly right. There are most likley many ppl sharing accounts in perpetuum.

Here´s the difference:

On this circumstance, this has not just been shared, where a warning would probably be quite appropiate. It has been boasted about, how proud we are to hurt AXE, resetting their only producer account.  This was quite an intentional and malicious act.  To proof yourslef a worthy a*** to M2S? Well done to that.

What I see know is, that someone apparently is getting their feets wet.

True also, its not for us to decice. Its not a whitch hunt. But I surly get me popcorn out.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

MoBIoS wrote:

How often have we said back to topic know? To distract, of what actually has become the main topic.  We should open up a new topic in this case.

Imo, you are absolutly right. There are most likley many ppl sharing accounts in perpetuum.

Here´s the difference:

On this circumstance, this has not just been shared, where a warning would probably be quite appropiate. It has been boasted about, how proud we are to hurt AXE, resetting their only producer account.  This was quite an intentional and malicious act.  To proof yourslef a worthy a*** to M2S? Well done to that.

What I see know is, that someone apparently is getting their feets wet.

True also, its not for us to decice. Its not a whitch hunt. But I surly get me popcorn out.

lol....you do realize your just getting griefed right....you keep walking into cement wall everytime you open your mouth....Anyone can say anything on the forums you know this right.....lol. Get your popcorn out though, it will be tasteless I promise.

Again nicely done on podcast, you should get mobios to join the podcast, he wont have any bias opinions, it is a very honest and well respected player. I +1 to him being in next podcast.

This thread delivers... look at all teh m2s out to defend their boy.

And Styx is far from neutral, the entire podcast was dripping with propoganda from every angle.

I agree with Agra's earlier statement that a podcast would have quickly devolved into monkeys bashing each other with clubs. We should settle any beef the players have with m2s in game.

Smokeyii wrote:

This thread delivers... look at all teh m2s out to defend their boy.

And Styx is far from neutral, the entire podcast was dripping with propoganda from every angle.

I agree with Agra's earlier statement that a podcast would have quickly devolved into monkeys bashing each other with clubs. We should settle any beef the players have with m2s in game.

well tbh, it would be quite funny to have you, m2s and other ceos on podcast. It be like ragematch over online game, one good whos got bigger epeen would be fun to hear. I think one good epeen match would make us all friends.

So resetting AXE's research account just to screw over the corporation actually happened? Interesting... Well I guess in a way its for other corps to know what to expect, and what to give in the future.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

So resetting AXE's research account just to screw over the corporation actually happened? Interesting... Well I guess in a way its for other corps to know what to expect, and what to give in the future.

its a online game....everything suppose to be a happy tea party...eerrrrrssssshhhhh --> points to eve online, I mean eve is perfect, everyone is so nice over there lol.

I know you still love me, speaking of which wtf you been syndic, Ive tried to visit a few times you been away sad, same thing with old man sidupe...me misses him sniff sniff

I think you know it was kind of a *** move to destroy the research char. I'm sure the corp dumped kernel's and NIC in to getting the character developed. ( If not, then I wouldn't see why the corp would care ) Sure the account was given to you, but I'm positive it was given to you because you were a trusted member of Axe and were expected to use it for Axe. Which is why it wasn't given to just someone else out side of the corp.

No use crying over it now I suppose. I personally don't have any stake in the matter since I just joined Axe. I would have given the char to another corp-mate upon leaving and just left it as a corp-char. Sure you paid for it while you played it, but so did Container, yet he happily gave it to the corp instead of keeping it to himself in case he ever decided to come back. Whatever your perogative is though, I suppose that will always shine through when it comes down decisions as such.

What it boils down to is, Axe will likely rebuild it's infrastructure and you'll have one less corp to worry about in the arms race for a while. It really just hurts the community in the end when those 'bored' PvP'ers start wondering why no one has the resources to fight them.

Grim Faust wrote:

I think you know it was kind of a *** move to destroy the research char.

Basically, I think this sums up why TBA is more suited to M2S than AXE.

It also highlights the poor design of the prototyping process, since it makes corps very vulnerable to key player inactivity, and encourages them to share accounts. I'm pretty sure AXE is not the only corp that had a prototyper more than one person in the corp could access. This is a game design flaw more than anything.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Campana wrote:
Grim Faust wrote:

I think you know it was kind of a *** move to destroy the research char.

Basically, I think this sums up why TBA is more suited to M2S than AXE.

It also highlights the poor design of the prototyping process, since it makes corps very vulnerable to key player inactivity, and encourages them to share accounts. I'm pretty sure AXE is not the only corp that had a prototyper more than one person in the corp could access. This is a game design flaw more than anything.

And to be blunt about it, not sure how the account was used before it was given to me. But um there has never been any sharing..... <-- ever.

this topic is just the best proof of how flawed the account reset system is.

it simply cries "sell account". the one who buys a year old account wont care about 20% lost EP to get a clean account with 9,8 month worth of EP -> its just a matter of price negotiation.

and never-resetted accounts will have a good price, wohoo!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

this topic is just the best proof of how flawed the account reset system is.

it simply cries "sell account". the one who buys a year old account wont care about 20% lost EP to get a clean account with 9,8 month worth of EP -> its just a matter of price negotiation.

and never-resetted accounts will have a good price, wohoo!

Screw that business!

I didn't use my respecs to make my accounts more valuable when sold!

Did anyone else notice how all the people raging about that characters deletion don't actually have anything to do with it and the one AXE member who posted and might be expected to have a strong opinion about it doesn't care and is convinced that they'll manage anyway?

I don't really see what the big deal is. Every single one out of the 6 former AXE members that joined us over the cause of several months pretty much confirmed to us that AXE never had a centralized internal infrastructure and for the most part it was just a bunch of people minding their own business while being in the same corp channel and occasionally engaging in group activities.
I bet most of them didn't even notice that it's missing until someone told them.

Arga wrote:

Grem, you need to do some more Um exercises. wink

I know. smile

Arga wrote:

Lastly, Grem doesn't need to prove he's neutral. You should have let Kalsisus handle the M2S related piece, I think you did it objectively, its just not fair to ask you to investiagte your own corp as some kind of proof of neutrality; The podcast shouldn't be a 'backdoor' into M2S politics, nor into RG for that matter.

Keep up the good works

Since the intel was sent to be I felt obligated to report it. I really don't know why, since it could had been reported by Kalsius.

But since the intel was anonymous and to find out if it was real, I had to get more information from the other side /source.

Like I said in the cast. M2S leadership had no information about this until it was brought to my atention and after I had made inquries about it and had confirmed it with TeamBetaAlpha.

But yeah I guess I should had let Kalsius report it.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Yay something to disagree on!!

I don't think it should matter. We provide a service to the community and our respective viewpoints are key to that. If I felt Grem was taking a side or not reporting you would have heard me chirping in on the PC and making a deal of it. We work well together, we are building up a common trust between ourselves and the community and I am sure neither of us would put that at risk.

I was pleased Grem took the initiative on this one and used his position to garner more information than potentially anyone else could. Great job bud.

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

bureaucracy wrote:

Did anyone else notice how all the people raging about that characters deletion don't actually have anything to do with it and the one AXE member who posted and might be expected to have a strong opinion about it doesn't care and is convinced that they'll manage anyway?

because i feel like that is partially aimed at me, i answer to it:
I couldn't care less about who did what with an axe acount and why.
My only question is - what will the DEVs do with someone who makes public announcement that he was Violating one of the very basic rules of the Game. I don't want to have the Insurance-fraud-fix disaster repeated again, where the DEVs took action but a little bit to late.
If they not react here, then its more or less like saying "we don't care about what you do with your account - sell it to your schoolfriend if you feel like you dont want to continue to play it"

72 (edited by CrepitusGoldenGoose 2011-05-17 15:59:00)

So .. I'm sitting at work listening to the podcast.  I see we're opening with corp intel now. 

Does this mean that all corp drama will be in the opening credits?  I already spoke my peace about the TBA thing to him (*** move, especially with dhasselhoff and trying to ninja recruit people with PMs, etc) and in corp, but it's not a big deal really since we've already got other people who have somewhat advanced research and access to other alliance corp's prototypers for what we don't have.  I see you didn't mention that we caught another m2s spy, one of memnoch's alts, and kicked him after he did a really poor job lying to stay in but maybe that happened after the broadcast, fuzzy timeline. 

I'd like to know what happened with Arachnix and RG behind the scenes personally.  Anyone seen Jita?  What happened to NUTY? Etc, etc, etc.

I agree with Styx about seeing a lot of new corps, specifically FOOM, AET, and some others.  I've noticed some huge increases in numbers but people with inactive accounts also got 15 free days so I think we'll see a drop off after that expires here at the end of the week.

Listening to the blob talk .. it's pretty funny after the Brightstone intrusion yesterday with 35 vs 50 .. which was a good fight.   I also agree with the interference should increase explosion damage idea, which has been posted on the forums previously as well.  I don't think explosion damage even featured in to this fight at all even with people bunched up on top of each other as much as they were.

It's also true that people will always try to bring more people.  Like Gremrod I prefer smaller fights, most of the time, but sometimes the big fights are fun too.  Unfortunately the server lag and whatnot usually means that what happens is a lot of shuffle fighting waiting for people to get disconnected and then picking them off while they're logged out.

ERPs/Weapon Stabs: I disagree here, I don't think most people even have weapon stabilizers or ERPs first of all.  Secondly it does hurt lights even more than they already are, particularly already gimped assaults.  I think the devs consider this working as intended since the cost on advanced robotics is significantly higher than basic and forces you to have basic at 4 .. It seems like they consider this a natural progression and that mechs are supposed to be very superior.

Account reset: Don't care.  People generally figure out who you are based on your personality and speech patterns and whatnot.  The population isn't so big that you can just disappear like you could if there were 250,000 subs.  As for losing all your relations .. well .. that part *sucks*.  I'd like to see some skills reset options maybe in addition to a total reset, so if you drop a ton of points in to recycling for example and decide that it sucks and you're not gonna use it you can reset that skill and use the EP elsewhere.  Especially with the price increases I'd like my accounts to stay viable and not have to buy more.

Mining changes: Completely disagree with everyone there.  Styx "I think people should all be in one spot far away from protection so I can *** you more easily", Kalsius "I agree, we always do ops with mechs/heavies defending us so that wouldn't effect us at all".  As a solo miner that's crap.  For newbie miners, that's crap, for small corps that's crap.  Everyone sees the game through their own experience and seems to have problems seeing it from others perspectives.  I think mining has been messed with enough.  Leave it alone for awhile.

As for the faction mining stuff, yes that's easy to notice if you primarily stay on one island.  Attalica has barely any stermonit and liqiuzit for example.

I don't think there's been enough time to see the real effects of the mining changes.  I've already noticed practically everything on the market going up in price .. hard to tell if this is people buying stuff and reselling it or not.

Taxing refinery .. taxing wastage? Really? Is every Styx idea about making the game harder on everyone who didn't exploit their way to end game? 

MMORPG article.  I read it, it's accurate, there are some missing types, the comments section on that article is good.

Well, good work again, not my favorite episode but I still appreciate you guys doing them and they are getting better (far better mic/audio quality this time).  Looking forward to the next one, keep it up.

EDIT: I'm basically commenting as I listen so .. lots of edits forthcoming ;D

one thing that i missed, that didnt got mentioned: after the weapon stabilizers got introduced, the evasive modules got a boost: demob resists and higher higher effect and lower mass.
a T3 evasive can make your assault turn into a light bot (3m) with more dps. only speed has to be rebalanced, but thats for the whole game, not only assaults -> that other topic.

another note about the account reset: take a look on the ingame player ranking, doesn't look good with all those "..._renamed"

74 (edited by Intruder 2011-05-17 17:59:07)

Sorry crepitus, no real drama with arachnix leaving, he was not content and we had discussed it a few times, he wanted something different and found it, left peacefully after reporting his intentions ,I wish him the best of times, we had a lot of laughs and good times. and  jita is off living real life but around checking in. He just got bored . Sorry I couldn't add more chaos to those that feed on it smile

Intruder wrote:

Sorry crepitus, no real drama with arachnix leaving, he was not content and we had discussed it a few times, he wanted something different and found it, left peacefully after reporting his intentions ,I wish him the best of times, we had a lot of laughs and good times. and  jita is off living real life but around checking in. He just got bored . Sorry I couldn't add more chaos to those that feed on it smile

Well thanks for the info, I spoke to him directly and he didn't really say much and didn't know what happened to Jita.  I personally had a lot of fun roaming with both these guys when I was in RG so I'm sad to see one support game cancer and the other to quit ;/