Topic: Multiboxing

If I wanted to multibox this game and use a program called keyclone or ISBoxer would this be against the TOS which are not present when I log into the game?

Re: Multiboxing

I'm not perfectly familiar with it, but if it's only for controlling multiple clients at the same time and is not used for automation/macroing then it's not against the EULA.

However we cannot take any liability or provide support for issues you get when using it. Even running two clients at the same time is not officially supported currently, so if you crash and die due to this we can't help you.

How's simultaneously controlling multiple clients with a single input stream not macroing?
From what I can understand about these tools, they are perfect for macro-mining.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I'm not perfectly familiar with it, but if it's only for controlling multiple clients at the same time and is not used for automation/macroing then it's not against the EULA.

So.... does this mean if you are sitting at your computer & use a macro key to send a command to a 2nd account is legal or not?

Your statement is a little ambiguous.

also .. NECROING a a year old dead thread big_smile cool

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

5 (edited by Gremrod 2012-02-22 06:29:21)

Well can these two program automate the action so if I choose not to be at the computer and it still does everything or are these program made so you can just send the same key commands to multi clients or computers?

If these programs still need someone there to control all clients does it really matter?

if they allow you to go AFK and still act like a player then that is a different story.

EDIT:

ISBoxer does not provide any automation, autofire, botting, hacks or other cheating functionality.
Top MMORPG publishers including Blizzard Entertainment, Trion Worlds, Sony Online Entertainment, CCP, Turbine, NCSoft and others all allow multiboxing with ISBoxer.

The wiki says it so it must be true!

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Perpetuum

But I do know Blizz does allow it.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

6 (edited by Sundial 2012-02-22 07:16:56)

If its legal its just going to be an arms race to who can chain more accounts together for rep/transfer power or on a larger scale alpha power, though past a certain point alpha from regular players is high enough to kill anything and multiboxing just adds more meat to a squad.

Zoom would like some clarification on this, because if yes I am chaining 3 of my bots with RR/Transfer capability together and subbing 10 dedicated gropho/seth accounts so I can one shot pretty much anything from 1000m smile

As the goons say "One shot one kill"

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Gremrod wrote:

Well can these two program automate the action so if I choose not to be at the computer and it still does everything or are these program made so you can just send the same key commands to multi clients or computers?

If these programs still need someone there to control all clients does it really matter?

if they allow you to go AFK and still act like a player then that is a different story.

EDIT:

ISBoxer does not provide any automation, autofire, botting, hacks or other cheating functionality.
Top MMORPG publishers including Blizzard Entertainment, Trion Worlds, Sony Online Entertainment, CCP, Turbine, NCSoft and others all allow multiboxing with ISBoxer.

The wiki says it so it must be true!

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Perpetuum

But I do know Blizz does allow it.

Mining made easy! (Activates 5 more accounts)

awesome

instead of logoff traps online

we can play Multiboxer online and just oneshot everyone with my dozen accounts

love it

In my opinion the only way to really discourage multiboxing is to make players do tasks that a simple macro would have trouble with.  That would however require substantial gameplay changes.  You would have to replace processes such as mining and harvesting with some sort of minigame.  Support bots would have to be made non-capstable or the mechanic would need to be changed altogether (yeah i know we are not gonna see any of this ever).

Alternatively you could make deployable modules to carry out all the borring repetative tasks but again it would be a very different looking game.

Getting rid of 100% safe gate scouting would be helpful imo (although in these days of walls a fortress only needs one detector).

+1
-Confucius

well, any multiboxing macro thing can only be made harder by turning the game into twitch based aiming... and then you would need to fight against aimbots...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I think this shouldn't be allowed, that'll just be hell.
I don't want stories of 15 gropho's in 1 position one shoting people.

Its my understanding that these tools allow more then just key binding.

You can create portal windows on your main screen, to show other screens. For instance, you can put the Robot Control bar from (3) clients all on a 4th Client. The player still has to manually click each module, but they can access them all from 1 small area. The same can be done with the squad windows.

This doesn't directly violate any eula, since it's not botting, however it does seem to create a Voltron type robot.

The simple versions, where it just passes a key stroke is fairly powerful in it self, but it doesn't really allow for changing targets or recovering from being ECM'd. The window portal version however, combined with key bindings, allows your movement keys to move all the bots at the same time, as well as activate all modules at the same time, but still being able to indiviudally control each robot's modules and locking without needing to switch between screens.

Conceptually, you create a robot with N-slots, the only limit is how many subs you have and the size of your computer.

I think Shaedy's prediction is accurate, not everyone will do this, but anyone that can afford multiple accounts will, beacuse its fairly simple to do, and you'll actually need to at some level to stay competitive.

I don't in any way consider this Botting. The player is controling everything, they're just using software to make that control easier and to provide greater scalablity.

DEV Zoom wrote:

However we cannot take any liability or provide support for issues you get when using it. Even running two clients at the same time is not officially supported currently, so if you crash and die due to this we can't help you.

This statement says, yes we allow it but if you are running multiple accounts and something happens, your going to be laughed at if you put a ticket in and ask for reimbursement of bots or ask for any client fixes.

Great!  This means the battle of the most accounts wins!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Sundial wrote:

10 dedicated gropho/seth accounts so I can one shot pretty much anything from 1000m smile

Grophos can shoot from the forums now????

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

This statement says, yes we allow it but if you are running multiple accounts and something happens, your going to be laughed at if you put a ticket in and ask for reimbursement of bots or ask for any client fixes.

Great!  This means the battle of the most accounts wins!

So are you saying that P2P is just like F2P?

Multiboxing is definetely pay to win. Not that it's unbeatable, but the best counter would be a similar setup, and an account arms-race begins.

Also, its important to note at this particular time in Perp's growth phase, a single player with 5 accounts (operating effectively as someone playing a single account) has a much more dramatic effect on a battle then it would if say Perp's population was 1000 online players instead of 100.

Multiple accounts is just a standard for Perp. There's just a big difference in performance though, between switching monitors and clicking, as opposed to running multiple accounts with single keystrokes and clicking on the same monitor.

I am not aganist multiboxxing in the sense of NOT using a third party tool system.  You can ONLY use one toon effectively at one time.  But if we are allowing players to use a third party system to gain instantanious response times in pvp, then we need to revert back to this.  What was the grounds for account sharing that everyone whined and moaned and called cheating?  "Gaining an UNFAIR advantage to other players during pvp."  What do you think being able to control 4 toons will do to the pvp landscape when all the hotbars are on one screen and clearly able to macro primary target keys and your spacebar across 4 toons.

This imo is an UNFAIR advantage in a fleet battles and people who are using this are exploiting the same thing those who account share did. 

AC should not endorse the use of third party program that provides an UNFAIR and Imbalanced usage by the players using these programs in any of the games aspects.  Mining, PVE and most important PVP.

Wait wasn't there something in the EULA that said this was a no go?  Post EULA anyone?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

18 (edited by Celebro 2012-02-22 19:59:54)

EULA: It is forbidden to use any kind of third party application or tool that interfaces with, mimics or interferes with any part of the game system in any way, including the use of macros, control scripts, bots, system time manipulation tools, memory access tools or reverse engineering tools;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure if this one applies. Any lawyers around?. big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

EULA: It is forbidden to use any kind of third party application or tool that interfaces with, mimics or interferes with any part of the game system in any way, including the use of macros, control scripts, bots, system time manipulation tools, memory access tools or reverse engineering tools;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It technically doesn't, it just presents the UI in a more effcient manner.

There is however a generic part of the EULA that says something to the effect that anything that gives an unfair advantage could be bannable.

20 (edited by Celebro 2012-02-22 20:22:20)

EULA (what is strictly forbidden) section : any kind of unfair advantage over the other players.

This can mean anything tbh, even just having multiple accounts.

RIP PERPETUUM

21 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-02-22 20:29:58)

DEV Zoom wrote:

^^^ This.

Now, everyone currently posting here runs multiple accounts, myself included.  And most of the server as well.  Anyone can have as many accounts as they want.  But i will say this, the more things you have to manage, be aware of, and control at one time, the less effective anyone is going to become.  Best to focus on a single toon at a time and control it with 100% of your attention on it.

When I run both my accounts ( I have only 2), most will laugh at how I do it.  A desktop and a laptop, 2 seperate keyboards, 2 seperate mice.  But I can see both screens at the same time.  When I am in a battle, and I have my alt running remote rep and energy transfer on autofollow, it's nothing but a pain in the rear, alt gets stuck on plants or terrain, I'm trying to maneuver the main to get los on targets and get in range, and I have to constantly look at the other screen to make sure the alt is still following or has line of sight.  And when both are getting attacked, now it's 2 toons at the same time that have to be moved and controlled.  Which makes you less effective in either role, and tbh, 99 times out of 100, I don't even bother with the alt, it's just not worth it.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Hrrrm i may or may not need to make a phone call to talk to some old friends who dont play anymore ;D.

Things that will be fun:

*5+ Mk 2 kains linked for optimal drive by 1 shots on roams.
*10 Mercenary seths of doom :DDDDDDDDDDD

But i think i know of a couple people who used to have pretty good seth pilots all over 600k EP.

Be interesting to see who was the first to deploy such a force, if this is to be deemed allowed ;D

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Celebro wrote:

Well the part where is states "control scripts" would be the part I would question whether or not the ISboxer or similar programs could be in violation of the EULA.

Celebro wrote:

EULA (what is strictly forbidden) section : any kind of unfair advantage over the other players.

This can mean anything tbh, even just having multiple accounts.

At one point is was brought to the attention of my active use of mutliple toons in PvP. a GM told me this was bannable but a Dev later responded with it was ok.

On my first day in game i talked to a GM and requested if i would be able to use such tools as i wanted to create 5 green pilots and multi-box them. It was stated to me to be strictly forbidden and a bannable offence.

700k EP later, i will be one very unhappy but adapting player if this is to be allowed.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

Hrrrm i may or may not need to make a phone call to talk to some old friends who dont play anymore ;D.

Things that will be fun:

*5+ Mk 2 kains linked for optimal drive by 1 shots on roams.
*10 Mercenary seths of doom :DDDDDDDDDDD

But i think i know of a couple people who used to have pretty good seth pilots all over 600k EP.

Be interesting to see who was the first to deploy such a force, if this is to be deemed allowed ;D

Lol, you already have been doing this, both times we swung by Nova and got you, you were running 4-5 accounts at the same time, Lemon, Blue Ball, and Delusion of Doomination being 3 of them.  However, DEV correct me if I am wrong, selling or sharing accounts, i.e. your "friends who don't play anymore" is a EULA violation.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!