51 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-02-22 21:49:34)

Re: Multiboxing

Ville wrote:
Dazamin wrote:
Ville wrote:

So once a vast majority of the community whines enough on the forums and forms a petition only then will a Judgement be made?

By the vast majority, do you mean you and Lemon?

I'd say that statement is pretty clear, reads to me like "This is a grey area and we will make decisions on a case by case basis" Which tbh is probably the only way to go on an issue like this (Beyond extreme cases).

Again, ad hominem attacks, and also the point raised has nothing to do with the issue being discussed, it's merely to discredit the statement by discrediting the individual.  We are in Q&A, gentlemen, try and act like it and have a reasoned and cogent discussion.

Oh Dazamin, want me to pastebin you the nex signature on the petition that was sent to the devs to ban account sharing?  Pretty Sure you were one of the poor saps on the signature post, but I might have to check again considering I get a good ol knee slapping laugh everytime I read it.

Again, ad hominem attacks.  On both sides.  THis is Q&A, gentlemen, and you would do well to discuss the actual issue in a reasoned and cogent way, instead of personal attacks that accomplish nothing.  And the account sharing issue, resolved, has nothing to do with this discussion.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Ville wrote:
Dazamin wrote:
Ville wrote:

So once a vast majority of the community whines enough on the forums and forms a petition only then will a Judgement be made?

By the vast majority, do you mean you and Lemon?

I'd say that statement is pretty clear, reads to me like "This is a grey area and we will make decisions on a case by case basis" Which tbh is probably the only way to go on an issue like this (Beyond extreme cases).

Oh Dazamin, want me to pastebin you the nex signature on the petition that was sent to the devs to ban account sharing?  Pretty Sure you were one of the poor saps on the signature post, but I might have to check again considering I get a good ol knee slapping laugh everytime I read it.

I'm not sure I ever saw the petition and I honestly don't know if my name is on in. However, assuming it is, I really don't see the contradiction here Case 1) Was a case of rule breaking. Case 2) Is what exactly? Has any evidence been presented? Who is being accused here? Are you suggesting I'm involved in some rule breaking? I was asking for clarification too, after this issue came up yesterday and today on killboard comments and on the forums.

53 (edited by Ville 2012-02-23 02:30:23)

The issue was when we engaged you last night we noticed similar actions with three symbiont pilots: *edited*  I undocked Ville from Danachov, put him in free flying camera mode and cut on fraps and moved him closer were I could see movements of these three characters.  While frapsing we decided to move multiple primarys to confirm our suspicions.  When we moved between Inda, Whys, Saramara, and Skullcrusher.  Each time the symbionts moved primarys together and collectively RR at identical times. 

Then reviewed this in fraps and moved it to a movie editter and time elapsed this and it was under .5 second reaction time between all three clients with RRs.  I tried reenacting this same thing under two different options:
different players piloting 3 RRs and multiboxxing RRs.  Tried it under different conditions too, but with client Lag and even with multiple monitors (which I run) the best I could get it with this morning was 3 seconds.

So once again, because I have a ticket in, I am to assume that this kind of thing is acceptable in pvp until the community gets tired of it and does a rant off on the forums?

Because I am either going to Use it if its a grey area, or if the devs say no go then I am not going to use it and continue submitted data that I gather.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

54 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-02-22 22:07:16)

Ville wrote:

The issue was when we engaged you last night we noticed similar actions with three symbiont pilots: Invisbile Pink Unicorn, Einherjar, and Flying Spaghetti Monster.  I undocked Ville from Danachov, put him in free flying camera mode and cut on fraps and moved him closer were I could see movements of these three characters.  While frapsing we decided to move multiple primarys to confirm our suspicions.  When we moved between Inda, Whys, Saramara, and Skullcrusher.  Each time the symbionts moved primarys together and collectively RR at identical times. 

Then reviewed this in fraps and moved it to a movie editter and time elapsed this and it was under .5 second reaction time between all three clients with RRs.  I tried reenacting this same thing under two different options:
different players piloting 3 RRs and multiboxxing RRs.  Tried it under different conditions too, but with client Lag and even with multiple monitors (which I run) the best I could get it with this morning was 3 seconds.

So once again, because I have a ticket in, I am to assume that this kind of thing is acceptable in pvp until the community gets tired of it and does a rant off on the forums?

Because I am either going to Use it if its a grey area, or if the devs say no go then I am not going to use it and continue submitted data that I gather.

Problem is, none of the accounts you mention run remote reps, only energy transfers.
The only remote rep changing targets was a single symbiot run dedicated by 1 person.
And the only remote rep that my alt ran were on myself, since I was too busy trying to shoot things to pay attention to the alt, it was just perma running a rep and energy transfer

You all do realize it is against the EULA and Forum rules to discuss Moderation....

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

You all do realize it is against the EULA and Forum rules to discuss Moderation....

I think you have no choice but to petition me then sad

Dazamin wrote:
Lemon wrote:

I think you have no choice but to petition me then sad

You get banned only means less pvp

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

I think a forum ban might improve my quality of life smile

Ville, would you want to upload that footage to anywhere? I would really like to see it.

Dazamin wrote:

I think a forum ban might improve my quality of life smile

Its a disease I tell you fuuu

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sounds like a cool video Ville, can we see it?

Im not trolling btw, this game needs all the promotion it can get.

+1
-Confucius

62 (edited by Teleguy 2012-02-22 23:18:02)

What you are doing is how normal people multibox. This other software is 1000x more complex.  It can do pretty much anything you want in most repsects.  I would argue that one person may be more effective in certain circumstances by himself with the 6 accounts than 6 people with one account.  It just depends.

Now Lupus, you know as well as I know that the subject we are discussing has nothing to do with the "normal" type off multiboxing that most "normal" people do.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I'm not perfectly familiar with it, but if it's only for controlling multiple clients at the same time and is not used for automation/macroing then it's not against the EULA.

However we cannot take any liability or provide support for issues you get when using it. Even running two clients at the same time is not officially supported currently, so if you crash and die due to this we can't help you.

^^^ This.

Now, everyone currently posting here runs multiple accounts, myself included.  And most of the server as well.  Anyone can have as many accounts as they want.  But i will say this, the more things you have to manage, be aware of, and control at one time, the less effective anyone is going to become.  Best to focus on a single toon at a time and control it with 100% of your attention on it.

When I run both my accounts ( I have only 2), most will laugh at how I do it.  A desktop and a laptop, 2 seperate keyboards, 2 seperate mice.  But I can see both screens at the same time.  When I am in a battle, and I have my alt running remote rep and energy transfer on autofollow, it's nothing but a pain in the rear, alt gets stuck on plants or terrain, I'm trying to maneuver the main to get los on targets and get in range, and I have to constantly look at the other screen to make sure the alt is still following or has line of sight.  And when both are getting attacked, now it's 2 toons at the same time that have to be moved and controlled.  Which makes you less effective in either role, and tbh, 99 times out of 100, I don't even bother with the alt, it's just not worth it.

What Arga and Lemon have been saying is on the money.  Read and reread what they are trying to say.  Few other guys here are just sidetracking, you know who you are.

tldr, very powerful PvP implications here with the right people, a brain, a few accounts, and a good computer.

Like Sundial said, 12 Grophos Alpha please

This discussion is good though and I feel for the Devs here because you really cant prove much of it although it is obvious to guys that are paying attention.

Ville why don't you play the game rather than try to fabricate evidence of cheating to justify losing ffs

As I already told a member of your alliance, I have submited data to the specific people.  If they choose to act on it thats fine, but as I learned in the Account Sharing fiasco anything you say to a GM or Dev or submit as data, if relay to the public is grounds for moderation.  I play by the rules and intend on keeping it that way.

Teleguy wrote:

Now Lupus, you know as well as I know that the subject we are discussing has nothing to do with the "normal" type off multiboxing that most "normal" people do.

And if you read my subsequent post, you would have seen that i stated that.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

And, IMHO, I personally do not think using 3rd party software should be allowed.  The idea of 1 person controlling 5 heavy mech accounts at the same time with single keystrokes and mouse to my mind is an abomination, it creates a super mech able to primary a single target to ash.  Running multiple accounts at the same time manually doing different things, I see no issue with, because you never will be as effective across multiple manually controlled accounts as you would focused on one.

The hate is strong in this thread......

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

The non-scripting software is almost impossible to detect from a clients view. WoW actually runs an additional process that looks at the other processes you are running while WoW is open, and can prevent certain applications from running.

The combat logs on the server side, can probably be analyzed to see what type of delays there are between commands reaching the server, on an instance by instance basis to determine if account X-module 1 and account Y-module 1 where activated simultaneously; this would indicate that at least the clients are using keystroke software. That is, multiple commands from the _same_ IP, from different accounts, arriving at the same time, consistently, would be enough to determine if the PC is running multi-box software.

Realistically, I wouldn't want to be a dev and have to check this for any volume of complaints. The easist path is for them to just say nothing, let a few players go hog wild on it, until its super obvious, then ban them.

So the question is, who's going to be the guinea pig and run the 10 gropho accounts?

Arga wrote:

So the question is, who's going to be the guinea pig and run the 10 gropho accounts?

I'll volunteer, but I don't have enough accounts, so maybe some nice players could share their account details wi............. oh wait wink

10 may be extreme, but there are plenty of people with 5 accounts. And lots of people with combat + miner accounts for a DPS/Heal/RSA combo. That's even simpler to set up, since you always know what your heal/RSA target will be, and even laptops can run 2 accounts. Attackers will almost have to have 2 dps multi-boxed to break it, which will lead to a divide, or DPS alpha boxers and DPS/Heal boxers. Everything will have to be tanked, or it will be 1 shot, and the tanks will have to have thier own 2 or 3 heal bots key'd in. As long as you don't automate any responses, it shouldn't break the specific EULA; the generic 'advantage' part is too generic anyway.

71 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-02-23 01:47:11)

Ville wrote:

As I already told a member of your alliance, I have submited data to the specific people.  If they choose to act on it thats fine, but as I learned in the Account Sharing fiasco anything you say to a GM or Dev or submit as data, if relay to the public is grounds for moderation.  I play by the rules and intend on keeping it that way.

Actually, you haven't.  Discussing moderation violates the EULA, and yet:

1) you actually informed everyone, via this thread, that you have submitted a petition about this to the DEVs

2) you stated in this thread the general details of that.

3) you publicly stated who you thought was doing it and what you thought they were doing.

The evidence:

Ville wrote:

The issue was when we engaged you last night we noticed similar actions with three symbiont pilots: Invisbile Pink Unicorn, Einherjar, and Flying Spaghetti Monster.  I undocked Ville from Danachov, put him in free flying camera mode and cut on fraps and moved him closer were I could see movements of these three characters.  While frapsing we decided to move multiple primarys to confirm our suspicions.  When we moved between Inda, Whys, Saramara, and Skullcrusher.  Each time the symbionts moved primarys together and collectively RR at identical times. 

In other words, you have publicly accused an individual and/or group, nameing those toons and corp, here in this very thread, then hide behind the first quote above.  And the DEVs, you have now put them, by their own policy of not discussing moderation or petitions, in the position of being the only ones who can catagorically confirm or disprove those allergations, but unable to publish their results publically.

So you get away with making a public accusation, and when found not to be factual, those results cannot be discussed or published.

Since this has been the case, and since the details have already been publicly discussed by you, I submitt to the DEVs that a public answer should be made.

Regardless, I would love to be a fly on the wall when you do get your answer, just to see your face when they inform you that what I stated about those toons not having reps, but only energy transfers, is true.

72 (edited by Arga 2012-02-23 01:48:35)

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
Ville wrote:

Actually, you haven't.  Discussing moderation violates the EULA, and yet:

1) you actually informed everyone, via this thread, that you have submitted a petition about this to the DEVs

2) you stated in this thread the general details of that.

3) you publicly stated who you thought was doing it and what you thought they were doing.

In other words, you have publicly accused an individual and/or group, nameing those toons and corp, here in this very thread, then hide behind the above quote.  And the DEVs, you have now put them, by their own policy of not discussing moderation or petitions, in the position of being the only ones who can catagorically confirm or disprove those allergations, but unable to publish their results publically.

So you get away with making a public accusation, and when found not to be factual, those results cannot be discussed or published.

Since this has been the case, and since the details have already been publicly discussed by you, I submitt to the DEVs that a public answer should be made.

Regardless, I would love to be a fly on the wall when you do get your answer, just to see your face when they inform you that what I stated about those toons not having reps, but only energy transfers, is true.

In any case, the software cat is out of the bag. And Zoom's response seems to indicate that its 'on the line', but not over it. So even if it was being used, and I'm not asserting it was, we can expect to see at 'min' key-stroke software rolled out on the battle field soon; and multi-bots the norm instead of the exception.

Edit: Then again, looking at KB activity, there may be no one out there to fight anyway. sad

The sad thing is that a lot of players are more concerned about playing the system, instead of playing the game. Hopefully this will be less of a problem when we get more stuff to do, or maybe i'm just being naive here.

I edited the players in question.  To protect their reputation.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I typically tl;Dr most of your posts, once again thanks for numbering the important parts.

Tbh, I don't care as long as we have a black  and white yes or no...  I don't want a grey colored mind open to interpretation of a player base.