Re: Incoming Patch speculations

I agree about the kernel drop rate.

I was in the process of researching, but I'm going to stop wasting my NIC. What this has done is make researching and prototyping something only large or wealthy corporations will be able to do. Incidentally, these are also the corporations that do not need to use the market to sell the goods the researching is going to allow them to create; but they will use the market to buy kernels.

In general however, I think we are going to see the rate of kernel sales go down, because like me most small or solo players are not going to be able to afford to do the research. Now, I know this sounds like a contradiction, because if the demand goes down then the price should also, but already in the market the demand for Kernels is low, but the price is still the same as when the demand was high. this is likely because there are players out there with enough NIC to control the realitively low volume of kernels.

Eventually, another level of reserch is going to be added, but even if the rate is such that it takes a corporation with T4 maxed out 3 months to get T5, the vaxt majority of corps will only just then be reaching T4 at the same time.

The value of the plasma being dropped is actually good, a 0 star was worth about 1500 NIC after tax, so there will be more NIC on the market, but it isn't industry NIC, its combat NIC. The difference being the characters that are doing the research are not getting the benefit of the new NIC source, only the dettrement of the higher kernel price.

Combat pilots with more NIC will likely PVP more and buy more items, true. This ties in with the repair extensions being removed, so it may be cheaper to buy new standard items then to repair (but not likely).

Combat pilots will be looking to buy more T2+ items with the new NIC.

But there won't be any on the market, because the corps that have the tech don't need the NIC... they really won't need it now that they can go out and gather millions of NIC on beta while kernel farming (extrapolating if 0 Star is 1500, then 4 star mech is going to be like 15-25K)... and very few independants can produce T3-4 (other than drone kernel level t4 items like guns).

TLDR - The research rate of most players just got reduced by at least 1/2 and depending on the inflation this causes, at much as a 3/4 reduction, while beta corps again get a boost because of higher bounties and direct access to higher level kernels.

A reason to move to the new beta Islands maybe? But screwing alpha players definetly.

The kernel drop rate change really boggles up my mind.

It should be somewhat telling of the magnitude of the kernel grind that after nearly 5 months since the release of this game only one corp (afaik?) has finished up the techology trees.

And in this situation you decide it is a brilliant idea to reduce the kernel drop rate to half? I mean sure it is your game and you decide the game rules, that is fair enough, but this change is really beyond any logic I can follow of.

I think there is nothing wrong with 50% drop rate. Why? Because this reactor plasma is way more profitable than selling kernels to NPC, that will be more motivational for hunting, more players will hunt, so kernel flow will be the same, but kernels wont go nowhere like before.

Yes, for now prices for kernels gonna be sky-high and there wont be high grade kernels. But that's just a matter of time because kernel flow will be the same. As drawback prices for bots and stuff will raise, but not that high as it was during the first couple of months since release, so we will handle it.

Kristan Delorian wrote:

I think there is nothing wrong with 50% drop rate. Why? Because this reactor plasma is way more profitable than selling kernels to NPC, that will be more motivational for hunting, more players will hunt, so kernel flow will be the same, but kernels wont go nowhere like before.

Yes, for now prices for kernels gonna be sky-high and there wont be high grade kernels. But that's just a matter of time because kernel flow will be the same. As drawback prices for bots and stuff will raise, but not that high as it was during the first couple of months since release, so we will handle it.

The only good thing about the change that I can see of is that there is option for gaining NIC apart from grinding the transport missions, but that is about it.

But as what comes to the kernel research; no one cares about the low level kernels, those were and still are easily researched with the new system.

What is now even more difficult than before is getting the high level kernel research done.

I don't really see why anyone who is still in progress of doing the research would sell any of the high level kernels instead of using them for their own research (apart from stupidity or greed for NIC roll) and those that already have finished up the research have no need to grind nor sell them as they are already swimming in NIC anyways.

Hm, dont forget about capitalist piggies. As I know there is corps that have inner market system, they dont give equipment for free, all players have to gain NIC. Such players will gladly sell high lvl kernels to other players.

Kristan Delorian wrote:

Hm, dont forget about capitalist piggies. As I know there is corps that have inner market system, they dont give equipment for free, all players have to gain NIC. Such players will gladly sell high lvl kernels to other players.

Hmm, true... I think you are on to something here; I may very well have underestimated the stupidity and the endless greed for gold... oh wait, NIC the playerbase in MMOs tend to have.

Also who knows what kind of bots gonna be at new alpha islands. Maybe there will be 3lvl mechs. And new beta islands, more place for new young coalitions. Kernel flow will be fine, just wait and see.

Kristan Delorian wrote:

Also who knows what kind of bots gonna be at new alpha islands. Maybe there will be 3lvl mechs. And new beta islands, more place for new young coalitions. Kernel flow will be fine, just wait and see.

Indeed, it will be interesting to see how it will play out when the new islands are introduced.

I just don't share your optimism about L4-5 Kernel research getting any easier regardless of the new islands being introduced and so on.

But, all in all, I fully agree with you that we will just need to wait and see how it all will play out cool

Moagrim wrote:
Kristan Delorian wrote:

Indeed, it will be interesting to see how it will play out when the new islands are introduced.

I just don't share your optimism about L4-5 Kernel research getting any easier regardless of the new islands being introduced and so on.

But, all in all, I fully agree with you that we will just need to wait and see how it all will play out cool

Tbh I am tired of the wait and see game, been checking user peak for the past month or so more people are leaving than coming:(

RIP PERPETUUM

Moagrim wrote:

The kernel drop rate change really boggles up my mind.

It should be somewhat telling of the magnitude of the kernel grind that after nearly 5 months since the release of this game only one corp (afaik?) has finished up the techology trees.

And in this situation you decide it is a brilliant idea to reduce the kernel drop rate to half? I mean sure it is your game and you decide the game rules, that is fair enough, but this change is really beyond any logic I can follow of.

Any Corp can, it's more based around people not bieng able to afford the tech even if they had it.