Topic: Incoming Patch speculations

First from the last dev blog-

Incoming new areas

We will effectively double the size of the game world with a patch planned for about a month from now. There will be six new islands, three safe and three free-for-all ones. At first the new areas will contain infrastructure, npcs and materials, with missions soon to follow. Intrusion events for the new bases on unsafe islands will be available immediately.

This was posted on 3/17, so a month would be a couple weeks from now, mid April.

Is there a patch due sooner?

Re: Incoming Patch speculations

I'm hoping for some of the little changes I mentioned once.

It would be nice to see the Corp finder being added this next patch.

Therefore we would like to implement some features that will guide players towards finding and joining a corporation that is suitable for them. The tutorial will also have a chapter on this and we’ll introduce a “yellow pages” type of directory, where players will be able to filter corporations based on their of size, language, timezone and profile, which CEOs and officers will be able to set in the extended corporation information panels.

Yes, there will be still 1 or 2 smaller patches before the island expansion, with features picked from this list smile

Sounds wonderful.  I loved the changes in your "candy store" of changes.  Nicely done, keep up the good work.  I love this game, happy to love it more. wink

6 (edited by Crepitus 2011-03-29 03:19:29)

Arga wrote:

It would be nice to see the Corp finder being added this next patch.

Therefore we would like to implement some features that will guide players towards finding and joining a corporation that is suitable for them. The tutorial will also have a chapter on this and we’ll introduce a “yellow pages” type of directory, where players will be able to filter corporations based on their of size, language, timezone and profile, which CEOs and officers will be able to set in the extended corporation information panels.

those all look like awesome changes, any of them are welcome (fingers crossed for global storage and geoscanning) smile

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

That was quick Z, thanks for the update... always appreciated

Sounds good to me, let's wait for what made it into today's patch smile

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Seems spot on to me.  Major changes to Intrusions and such should probably come in the form of an expansion.

Wow, new type of loot is amazing! That means I can PvE at beta, earn money for this and provide kernels to our industry players. Niiiice! big_smile

11 (edited by Exomorph 2011-03-29 12:22:04)

Kristan Delorian wrote:

... and provide kernels to our industry players. Niiiice! big_smile

Its time for it DoY guys smile We need to see t3-t4 items in your drop cans ... t1-t2 is boring tongue

Btw this patch is amazing ... many good thing come into game:)

12 (edited by Kristan Delorian 2011-03-29 14:01:01)

With t3-t4 equip we hope you will have some shiny things in your loot too yarr

As I do not have access to the game @work:
Is the patch already live? Which changes made it into the patch?

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Looks like patch is being delayed until tomorrow.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/System:Server_status

Ah ok, thx smile

Son, I am disappoint.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

TRANTOR wrote:

Son, I am disappoint.

/agree

Such a nice feature list being posted before this patch and the patch itself just introduces a revamp for an area of the game which is quite dead at the moment (the market)...

*yawn*
roll

The blog only stated that we'll implement these before and around the world expansion patch, not "tomorrow". Don't worry, we'll be having another patch next week too smile

Legedric Warstrike wrote:

introduces a revamp for an area of the game which is quite dead at the moment

Isn't that where revamps are supposed to happen? smile

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

21 (edited by Legedric Warstrike 2011-03-30 12:53:43)

DEV Zoom wrote:

The blog only stated that we'll implement these before and around the world expansion patch, not "tomorrow". Don't worry, we'll be having another patch next week too smile

I think we all understood that, but to be honest, my expectations raise after i read the blog post.

The blog post listed a total of ~11 (major) features and there was a hint that you plan to bring 1-2 smaller patches live before the map expansions hitting the servers.
So I expected at least 3-4 features of this list to come with today's patch and the rest with the second patch sometime later... In fact the patch covered just 1 single feature. That's the reason why I feel somewhat disappointed now.

/Edit for Gargaj:
Yes, to revive the dead areas. So would you say that the "rates" tab will be responsible for reviving the market in Perpetuum? wink

You need to be more clear about what's in next patch so the amount of sandy *** is reduced to a minimum.

What's the point for repair change btw? For the lolz?

I guess we're all disappointed. But who told there gonna be everything in this patch? Devs? Prooflink plz. I've heard it only from players. And since those players dont participate in development...

"That's all in your head"

Things in blog will be in geame before the new islands, not today, but tomorrow.

The correct response to candy is;

Thank you

Even if you only get one piece when shown the whole bag.

And actually, the market item is something I was looking forward to as much as anything else, so;

Thanks! .... may I have another smile    *yes, next week*

Please don't get me wrong, Perpetuum is still a great game for me and I apreciate the work the devs are doing smile

And yes, nobody said what would be in the patch and what won't be in there, so Kristan is absolutely right saying "That's all in you head" smile