Re: Random assignments testing

OP wrote:

Assignment NPCs and geoscanning targets now drop the required items into special separate blue-colored loot containers.

These drops are excluded from the AoE rule.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

I Like the idea of some missions being so hard you need to bring friends along. so long as the reward suits how hard the mission is.

i don't mind that either.
but the combination of auto-scaling with squad size, reputation "rewards" (or better the penalties), and the currently "loot based" reward is a bit of a letdown.

We still have to wait for Zoom to refine the reward-difficulty scaling to give propper feedback, but currently the combat missions are really hard at higher levels, partially due to those neuting/ecm'ing rivelers spawning together with 3 icuts, 2 grophos and 2 tyrannos... for a very low NIC payout.
You have to convert all the loot into NIC to really benefit from it.

on the contrary - lvl4-5 transport missions are so easy that writing a bot for them should be zero issue (they require only doubleclicking in landmark list and drag&drop from cargo into another window.
The new "doubleclick" auto-pilot option on mission landmarks makes that really easy.
Without any red NPCs roaming alpha, these are going to be the "most popular" missions.

Gather Missions need to have a tighter time limit for squads, though i see someone dropping millions of resources into a field terminal, place one agent on each expected mineral with a maxed mining bot and and doing those gather missions in a really quick succession. I think i will try that tomorrow with 3 agents and harvesting.
-> maybe these missions should ask for specific drop location, not "any terminal"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

BadAss wrote:

special for JetNexus smile
https://youtu.be/CnGDGLXIBM4
fight mission 5lvl

(video vs other faction will be on next video)

That's so much different from whatls i've trued with race weapons, trying to re-target and shoot while running around smile
Thanks smile

BadAss wrote:

fight mission 5lvl

OK!  Flavour of the month video!  More machine guns.  Love how faction specific weapons are being dropped for an universal weapon that seems too op.  Maybe they need to fix Faction specific weapons ...

Hate to say it, but nice build though.

-Ensi

thats only because with faction specific weapons you cannot keep up DPS and Repair up at the same time.
neither can you play the "range" advantage with NPCs always spawing pretty close to you.

i did up to lvl3 missions with a mk2 arbalest using factional weapons pretty fine - until they added the random industrial that act as additonal E(n)War support.

I have to try to run green missions with a green bot, but it sounds pretty hard, given their ultra low DPS and their limited leg slots for rep-tank. Shields are a no go without a macro

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Ensireka wrote:
BadAss wrote:

fight mission 5lvl

OK!  Flavour of the month video!  More machine guns.  Love how faction specific weapons are being dropped for an universal weapon that seems too op.  Maybe they need to fix Faction specific weapons ...

Hate to say it, but nice build though.

-Ensi

See how he's stood still doing a higher level mission? Yeah .. missions still suck.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

132 (edited by BadAss 2015-06-07 17:42:13)

make new video, 5lvl testing vs nuimqol and thelodica.
https://youtu.be/cvCFC1TU8lc

i think this last video for 5lvl, i wait new lvl tongue

and my opinion: the remuneration for the 5lvl missions should be 7-8ml nic. and more if you change the difficulty.

Just @ Game

Jita wrote:

See how he's stood still doing a higher level mission? Yeah .. missions still suck.

That's rather the NPC's fault, not the mission's.

I hope you will try with Gropho BadAss.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Today's update: all the assignment titles and descriptions are now in.

tried gropho.
seems best way to do a lvl 5 mission with a gropho is: long range missiles, LWF, shield and running backwards. oh, and praying that the mission spot is not like that enclosed area on a hill next to cadavria outpost.

Slightly off topic but semi relevant, can grophos get machine gun slots.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

138 (edited by BadAss 2015-06-08 11:56:42)

choice gropho for 5lvl mission bad idea. if only he will be in group with seth, how little support. but i will be try it for interesting

update
I tried to use. the best tactic for Gropho ... RUN, the farther from the NPC better.   impossible to make Gropho tank for missions

Just @ Game

Gropho mk1, Tyrannos mk2 - if you got the choice, take the tyrannos with T4 EM Guns. Runs a bit faster, doesn't need ECCM, and has a recharge- instead of shield bonus.

This time, we tried a lvl5 mission with a 4 man squad, one passive NEXUS buffer and 3 active agents.
we got busted for several reasons.

1. all NPCs went always after a single agent, namely the mission starter. i could run all over the island, and they would only follow me, unless someone else triggered their spawn, then they eventually switched to that one.
So much focus kills any tank-fit in a matter of seconds. (6 Mesmer + 5 Kains + some vagabonds)

2. the landmarklist is a mess with lots of unrelated NPCs all around you. At the moment, this is because lots of static spawns on alpha1 and with a mech you got always 20+ npcs on radar around the main terminal.
Now imagine that with 5+ combat mission runner. -> only valid way to sort the list by "distance"

3. known issue: you cannot see on landmark list which npc you have already locked, due to the new mission npc marker. Move that mission marker to the "effect" column, and you already solve issue 2 and 3 at once -> sorting by effect primary, and whatever prefference you have for secondary (eg. name name or type)

4. radar -> there is no way to differ between my targets and any other orange NPC on the radar. give them another color or icon, PLEASE!!

Can we split off balancing discussion yet?

Ville wrote:

Can we split off balancing discussion yet?

What would be beneficial is if the Devs gae us an idea of what they would expect to see on an income basis per person in squad for each mission type and then that would give a reasonable baseline to try and break it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

New update:

• *fixed* Completing the last delivery objectives in an assignment might sometimes wrongly tell you that not all objectives have been completed yet.

• *fixed* The base/terrain version of the assignment objectives window currently store their status/position/size separately. We're working on this to give them a common status.

• *fixed* Assignment artifacts don't have proper names yet.

• It is now possible to deliver assignments directly from your cargo, you don't have to move the items into your private storage or the field terminal's storage.

• When delivering, the server will check for items in the following order:
    Near field terminals: robot cargo first, then field terminal storage
    Inside bases: robot cargo first, then the root of your private storage (it intentionally does not check inside containers/folders, so you can't deliver anything from there)

• Fixed the lock/objective icon overlap in the landmarks list.

• The display of assignment-related relation statuses and rewards has been multiplied by a factor of 100 to make it all more convenient. So faction relations will now go from 0 to 999, level limits are 100-200-300-etc, and rewards will be also higher than usual. NOTE: this is a pure display change, your actual relations did not/will not change.

• NPC AI changes.

• Assignment switch timers reduced from 10 to 5 seconds.

• Removed some "debug" and special NPCs from the random assignment pool.

• Total volume to transport is now colored.

• Fixed a few bonus percent display issues in the assignment info window.

• Training assignments were not giving relation rewards.

• The new deliver button on the objective list window will now also work on the terrain, near field terminals.

• Fixed the slot labels in the reverse engineering facility when using assignment related items.

• Deputy CEOs are now also able to change the allow decontruction setting for gamma terminals.

Balancing thread yet?

Ville wrote:

Balancing thread yet?

I'll create one once the first balancing pass is out on the test server.

It's good to see the real progress big_smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

New update:

• Assignment switch timers reduced from 10 to 5 seconds.

this are bad news for green pilots, if it is what i think it is (a reduction of the time you have to move your shiny metal *** out of the spawns range)

No, that's simply the time it takes to activate them, which will be interrupted if you move.

Can I suggest altering the spawns to mirror gangs a bit more for the high level missions. Some dps heavies, a bit of support ewar and even an RR not would be great. If you increased the NPC deadliness as a gang you require more cooperative (and therefore more fun) PVE where primaries are important.

ok, then its a good change.

is the delay between switch and npc spawn because of the slow PTS, or will we get the same delay when its on live?