Re: Random assignments testing

note: mining/harvesting missions are hell confusing if done in a group, especially if there are multiple ones active.

please make it so the mined/harvested stuff only counts towards ONE mission, and upon delivery is also delivered to the mission you press the deliver button.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

So if you only want to do one at a time anyway, why do you request multiple? smile

special for JetNexus smile
https://youtu.be/CnGDGLXIBM4
fight mission 5lvl

(video vs other faction will be on next video)

Just @ Game

BadAss wrote:

special for JetNexus smile
https://youtu.be/CnGDGLXIBM4
fight mission 5lvl

(video vs other faction will be on next video)

You can be a DJ !!.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

105 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-05 20:09:07)

DEV Zoom wrote:

So if you only want to do one at a time anyway, why do you request multiple? smile

with a quote from yourself:

DEV Zoom wrote:

Dunno if trolling or serious,

i want to do "one at a time" to have control over the result.
currently if you pick up 1 item that is requested in multiple missions, it will show up as 1 item in both missions for ALL player in squad.
now if you want to turn in, you may end with far to less items, even though all missions showed the gathering process as "completed".

that aside - whats actually the difficulty increase in harvest/Mining missions?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

that aside - whats actually the difficulty increase in harvest/Mining missions?

Amounts are pretty much the only thing we can increase.

you can tighten time limits too.

Annihilator wrote:

you can tighten time limits too.

Maybe later, balancing that would be really something else.

109 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-05 21:04:36)

so, what about the agressive orange static spawns. is that behaviour intentional? i thought earlier you wrote

DEV Zoom wrote:

Looks like we were able to do a quick hack for the orange NPC aggro after all, but it works only for random assignment NPC groups.

So to summarize:
1. For static orange spawns, group aggro will work for same type NPCs.
2. For assignment NPCs, group aggro should work for the whole group.

Both cases require that the NPCs see you (=sensor range).

not that i find it bad that all that they are more agressive then you wrote there under some conditions... big_smile

I've never seen it yet, is there a sure way to reproduce it?

can't tell for sure, but if you look through the topic, someone else was attacked by an orange "drone" out of the blue.

i think its when a static spawn point is within a random mission area that is waiting for a player to enter.

NEW question:

What will happen with Beta islands guys? You want do the same as Alpha 1? So use higways frequently and terminals be close to teleports?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

113 (edited by Jasdemi 2015-06-06 13:04:33)

I see you released a new patch yesterday. 2 positive things I noticed so far:

When you complete assignments at field terminals, the "Private storage" and "Assignments" buttons will get cut off. The more assignments you complete, the more gets cut off. http://i.imgur.com/uTKyGq5.jpg

Doesn't happen to me anymore.

2. I now get new category boxes instantly after delivering items, without having to close and re-open the assignment window first.

Good job! big_smile

114 (edited by DEV Zoom 2015-06-06 13:32:18)

Yep, I just wanted to wait for a server update with my posting, but that might be delayed until the evening so anyway:

• *fixed* When you complete assignments at field terminals, the "Private storage" and "Assignments" buttons will get cut off. The more assignments you complete, the more gets cut off. http://i.imgur.com/uTKyGq5.jpg - Fix seems to be working, we weren't sure cause we couldn't reproduce. Probably GPU-related.

• *fixed* "In progress" assignment boxes appear only at the location where you requested them.

• Fix for category boxes not reappearing when delivering (seemed a bit random for me but now it should be ok).

• Added names/icons/descriptions for all assignment items.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Fix seems to be working, we weren't sure cause we couldn't reproduce. Probably GPU-related.

*CPU-related. My hunch (that I guess is proven if the fix works) is some sort of floating point rounding issue; GUI elements are always positioned on a pixel-basis (i.e. in integer values) but the 3D icons work obviously in floating point, so I assume what happened was that the button was, say, (0,0) -> (10,10) icon would be positioned at (0.5, 0.5), so the button would be placed at (0.5,0.5) -> (10.5,10.5) and then the different components would get rounded differently (i.e. (1,1) -> (10,10)) so the buttons would either stretch or squeeze depending.

On that note, just to give you a perspective on why correlation shouldn't always imply causation: the observation that "the more missions you do, the worse it gets" is semi-accurate; actually it degraded over time (see above explanation) so even if you would just go back and forth to the terminal it'd (probably) happen. smile

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

whats the new "interceptor" npc. was that a camelion? killed it faster then i could check the view, and the landmarkinfo icon was the generic placeholder cube.

Annihilator wrote:

whats the new "interceptor" npc. was that a camelion? killed it faster then i could check the view, and the landmarkinfo icon was the generic placeholder cube.

Yeah, Crm took Stuff/NPC/*.* just like that, where all the experimental and debug creatures also reside, so we'll need to filter that down for the random picker smile

Issue:
transport assigments only give you a number how many items have to be transported, not their size.

Annihilator wrote:

Issue:
transport assigments only give you a number how many items have to be transported, not their size.

What do you mean? The items' individual size? Cause that's the same for all.

ok, jasdemi pointed out that its in the text-column.

maybe you could highlight the actual number in yellow?

also, most of the newly placed dispenser or switches do not block passability... do we have to report those or will you write a script for that?

Nope, that's on the todo.

OP wrote:

Random assignment structures and field terminals don't have blockings yet.

immersion killer Nr.2 for me are those random industrial spawns in combat missions

you either spawn them as RR support for those NPCs, or you spawn regular EWAR NPCs.

Is it so unthinkable that they are part of the same task force, protecting the industrials, or just there for carrying supplies/ammunition?

but they are fitted totally wrong for that... aside from their anoying suicide behaviour Ville is always complaining about, since they have not a single weapon fit (which they actually could) their "optimal" combat range is "0 m".

i wonder about lvl5 beta missions.
the alpha ones are barely doable with a heavy rep-ERP-machinegun fit, as a single agent.
But forming a squad will already increase the difficulty.
Now lets add AoE explosions and its going to be really intresting. for 20k nic rewards big_smile

125 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-06-07 01:00:47)

Annihilator wrote:

but they are fitted totally wrong for that... aside from their anoying suicide behaviour Ville is always complaining about, since they have not a single weapon fit (which they actually could) their "optimal" combat range is "0 m".

i wonder about lvl5 beta missions.
the alpha ones are barely doable with a heavy rep-ERP-machinegun fit, as a single agent.
But forming a squad will already increase the difficulty.
Now lets add AoE explosions and its going to be really intresting. for 20k nic rewards big_smile

I Like the idea of some missions being so hard you need to bring friends along. so long as the reward suits how hard the mission is.

Also I see a problem with BETA missions & AOE. given past  knee jerk reactions.... What happens when you take a BETA mission that is a kill & loot mission super hard with lots of NPCs to kill & AOE starts to blow your targets up... Oh wait no loot drop. Because of bad mechanic change.

Just a possible future problem.. smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue