Re: New devblog: Random assignments - The final details

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Zoom without rewards no one will do missions.

Let me rephrase that, the veterans won't do missions.  The small trickle of new players will probably not be enough for any real statistics.

I'm quite aware of that. But the veterans probably won't do level 1-2 missions anyway, and those will be the ones available first. We simply don't want to risk some possible token exploits and let the rarest items flood the game by putting in everything right away.

does that mean you have take measures (database check or something else) to prevent that from happening with existing stockpiles of tokens?
I mean, a certain someone suddenly has problems with orange NPCs from mission spawns after you have announced those token shop items (problems most human player don't have at all).

putting those items in the syndicate shop changes their rarity from rare to common either way.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You're slipping into old habits, developing features for half-a-year (or more) while players stop playing the game.

Every so often you acknowledge your failure and swap to a fast cycle of feature-patches every 2-3 months, which sees some success and more activity in the game. Then you start thinking you're smartest again and revert to mega-feature 1 year in development, and everything goes dead.

If it can't be developed, tested and released in 2-3 months, postpone.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

You're slipping into old habits, developing features for half-a-year (or more) while players stop playing the game.

Every so often you acknowledge your failure and swap to a fast cycle of feature-patches every 2-3 months, which sees some success and more activity in the game. Then you start thinking you're smartest again and revert to mega-feature 1 year in development, and everything goes dead.

If it can't be developed, tested and released in 2-3 months, postpone.

Yea, No.

I am Perpetuum.

I've realized that i'm playing some other game with small updates every 6 months... And it's still fine. Addictive, actually smile

Sometimes you keep playing not because the constant updates keeps your interest for new stuff, but because the game is actually good.
But of course most games are not like that. But it's an alternative way to develop...
To just make an interesting game for everyone to play here-and-now, not waiting for the miracles in the future, when it won't be as boring as now. Again, i'm talking about the most(99%) MMORPGs. It's the elephant in the room: they're boring, you've sterted to play because it's something new, and after some days you hoping that the developers will make it new again.