176 (edited by Tonnik 2015-04-30 16:41:36)

Re: New devblog: Random assignments - The final details

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're entering internal testing&balancing phase in a few days so public testing is still a week or two out unfortunately.

Zoom is like one of those Japanese soldiers who hides in the forest for years still fighting a war everyone else knew is over

Tonnik wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

We're entering internal testing&balancing phase in a few days so public testing is still a week or two out unfortunately.

Zoom is like one of those Japanese soldiers who hides in the forest for years still fighting a war everyone else knew is over

We have been begging the Devs to provide communication on their progress for weeks.  They finally do and the 2nd post is someone bashing their status.

Any we wonder why they don't communicate with us.  Nice job ***.

Altera wrote:
Tonnik wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

We have been begging the Devs to provide communication on their progress for weeks.  They finally do and the 2nd post is someone bashing their status.

I'm sure Jita is just being funny. Although spending $5k per month on server bills with little or no income whilst waiting for a miracle to happen is not the best business decision I have seen.

RIP PERPETUUM

Thanks for the comments Zoom.  I look forward to working on the PTS and providing feedback.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

180 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-05-01 05:46:51)

Whats PTS and should I be playing it instead of the reg server?

EDIT: If you answer then your......... "joke"

Celebro wrote:
Altera wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

I'm sure Jita is just being funny. Although spending $5k per month on server bills with little or no income whilst waiting for a miracle to happen is not the best business decision I have seen.

Its also a bad business decision to speculate on business "doings" without any inside information, or statistical backing.

I was going to use the word "stupid" but, as unprofessional as it sounds, it still fits.

I am Perpetuum.

Celebro wrote:
Altera wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

Im just impressed that he took Jita seriously.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Perpetuum wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Altera wrote:

Its also a bad business decision to speculate on business "doings" without any inside information, or statistical backing.

I was going to use the word "stupid" but, as unprofessional as it sounds, it still fits.

Pff you are funny, this game is not making anywhere near $5k a month.

RIP PERPETUUM

Zoom, in new update NPC will use the shields? Or other equipment, which is now missing in the loot? smile It should be added. smile And a new update will affect the economy?

DEV Zoom wrote:

A comprehensive blog about the final details of our incoming random assignment system is here at last!

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … l-details/

The final details came out in March. Its May now, lets go big_smile

Developers.......wtf......??

Ville wrote:

hey are late? no surprise smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Ville wrote:

And where is that?..

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Ville wrote:

And where is that?..

Google Translate has failed you Hunter.

Can we get an update on the final iteration of the syndicate supply shop? 

We had discussed in this thread removing the "randomness factor" or direct buy items for ridiculous token costs.  Is that still planned?

Ville wrote:

We had discussed in this thread removing the "randomness factor" or direct buy items for ridiculous token costs.  Is that still planned?

The plan is to put in the lottery-type items and also have T2+/T4+ items available for direct purchase.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

The plan is to put in the lottery-type items and also have T2+/T4+ items available for direct purchase.

Please, please do not put the lottery system in, I beg of you.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Please, please do not put the lottery system in, I beg of you.

Any particular reason? The lottery items will have nothing that you won't be able to purchase directly (for much more tokens obviously).

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Awesome.

You are deploying the shop across all islands right?  Even though TMA will have the new missions?

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Awesome.

You are deploying the shop across all islands right?  Even though TMA will have the new missions?

Yes, but the new items won't get in right away. We'll give some time for the new system to provide some statistics.

196 (edited by Ville 2015-05-28 00:53:47)

Zoom without rewards no one will do missions.

Let me rephrase that, the veterans won't do missions.  The small trickle of new players will probably not be enough for any real statistics.

talk about yourself...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ville wrote:

Zoom without rewards no one will do missions.

Let me rephrase that, the veterans won't do missions.  The small trickle of new players will probably not be enough for any real statistics.

I'm quite aware of that. But the veterans probably won't do level 1-2 missions anyway, and those will be the ones available first. We simply don't want to risk some possible token exploits and let the rarest items flood the game by putting in everything right away.

...make it faster pls

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

If we can find it, were not going to tell you, and act all surprised when we tell you about it after we have farmed the ever living "stuff" out of it.

Then act all smug three months later.  Like, we got you.

I am Perpetuum.