1 (edited by Jita 2014-11-23 20:35:33)

Topic: Seriously, this patch is dumb

So the joke has got to end some time but lets be really clear about what this patch has done.

Racial bonus' are now worth less than one tuning.

One tuning makes any racial bonus useless.

Are you getting this Alf?

This makes any bot with one ecm tuning better than a vagabond.

It makes any combat bot with one tuning better than its racial equivalent.

Where does this end? Well the Seth mk2 as the heavy with the most head becomes the best ECM / Suppressor platform. Its a better gauss boat than the Mesmer mk2. Its a better neut boat than the Ictus. You could say well nerf Seths then but that would miss the point - racial bonus' are now so watered down that they are useless.

There are a whole host of other problems such as the castel mk2 tank assaults, or assaults that do 115 m/s and cannot be demobbed (and if you don't know why that sucks you must be hungarian) but its pretty much the whole thing.

You have taken a game that was fairly balanced along racial lines and made it none racial, unbalanced with specific bots and heavies that will with time become the used by everybody standard.

I know you hate to admit when your wrong but for the love of *** roll this piece of *** patch back and start again or you will spend five times the time patching stupid fit after stupid fit until any semblance of balance is well and truly dead.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

2 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-23 20:46:19)

Re: Seriously, this patch is dumb

Alf -Oh, let's shorten the 'Big bad wolf Gap' by lowering the robot bonuses, it will all been done evenly so the balancing will remain the same. 

WRONG you just *** up all the balancing. Utter incompetence!

RIP PERPETUUM

100%     +1

Jita wrote:

So the joke has got to end some time but lets be really clear about what this patch has done.

Where does this end? Well the Seth mk2 as the heavy with the most head becomes the best ECM / Suppressor platform. Its a better gauss boat than the Mesmer mk2. Its a better neut boat than the Ictus. You could say well nerf Seths then but that would miss the point - racial bonus' are now so watered down that they are useless.

There are a whole host of other problems such as the castel mk2 tank assaults, or assaults that do 115 m/s and cannot be demobbed (and if you don't know why that sucks you must be hungarian) but its pretty much the whole thing.

You have taken a game that was fairly balanced along racial lines and made it none racial, unbalanced with specific bots and heavies that will with time become the used by everybody standard.

I know you hate to admit when your wrong but for the love of *** roll this piece of *** patch back and start again or you will spend five times the time patching stupid fit after stupid fit until any semblance of balance is well and truly dead.

4 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-11-23 22:27:17)

I'm speechless

Sparking to other games

5 (edited by Annihilator 2014-11-23 22:49:11)

how did you overcome the CPU shortage of a seth when fitting EM guns?
still haven't figured out how to get more DPS out of a Seth MK2 with a full gauss fit AND beeing able to repair tank like  a mesmer MK1, because seth lacks CPU

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

how did you overcome the CPU shortage of a seth when fitting EM guns?
still haven't figured out how to get more DPS out of a Seth MK2 with a full gauss fit AND beeing able to repair tank like  a mesmer MK1, because seth lacks CPU

Buffer tank > repair tank

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

+1   

Patch is stupid ...nerfed indy, then realized OOPS ... so made all the mins and plants give 50% more ... that should have been a hint that the patch sucked....

Its so terrible.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

9 (edited by Jasmoba 2014-11-24 04:46:23)

So we all in agreement this balance thing was a terrible idea?   Bots immnune to demob.  How many bots are worthless now?  Zenith mk1 it is just a commodity for the mk2.  The mk2 is alright only if max skills.  It is autocannon online or 2 plate run like hell online.  Does anybody still run an intak?

What about green bots?  Castel and icuts maybe OK but the wasp?  Tyr?  Plate tyr ? Haha

Did any one think this would not seriously happen (awful game balancing) with DEV alf coming back?

Now just wait & see the DEVs waste months trying to "fix" things instead of bring out actual new content! smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Thing I loved about it is Zoom lied about the whole thing in the dev blog.... made it seem like it would be 80% buffs and 20% nerfs... Dev Alf just nerfed de-mobs to the ground. I'm not even gonna touch the head slot issue Jita went there. Instead of looking at items that aren't used and adding a bonus or an entire new bot line for them you butchered the game congratz. As I said before the patch this is the Devs lowering the Ax on a dying game. I'm about done with this game think I need an exodus game to play for a few months.

Nebs and STC should come back they wanted ERP heavys online all the time.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Im happy with the predicted fu**up that was foreseen yarr

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

Same guys saying it's ***, same guys saying it's not ***.

if roll back patch, then back spending my OP for new skill smile

Just @ Game

Burial wrote:

meanwhile there is more PvP since the that patch then since last year.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Burial wrote:

Wrong. 

http://i.imgur.com/yUwH5tk.png

The ONLY thing that has happened post patch was you had a REAL FC login.  That's it.

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Burial wrote:

Wrong. 

The ONLY thing that has happened post patch was you had a REAL FC login.  That's it.

They did? Who's that? Also lol  at saps being PvP!

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Wrong. 

They did? Who's that? Also lol  at saps being PvP!

I forgot that alpha dwelling corps don't know what SAP warfare is.  My bad.

19 (edited by Race Drones 2014-11-24 16:09:56)

Jita wrote:

^^ 100% +2

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

SAP-s aren't worth doing when 90% no-one is showing up.

I like 150kph undemobable bots

keep the patches coming

im there

Burial wrote:

Supremacy wrote:

im there

Burial wrote:

QFT, typically your too busy trying to avoid a fight to see if someone is there.

24 (edited by Race Drones 2014-12-04 16:43:46)

Jita wrote:

... Racial bonus' are now worth less than one tuning. ...

... this piece of *** patch ...

Whithout tuning:

Cameleon Mk2 demob range: 156 meters
Arbalest Mk1 demob range   : 175 meters

Cameleon Mk2 ECM range    : 416 meters
Arbalest Mk1 ECM range       : 466 meters

... this piece of sh*t patch ...

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Again, just a noob here:

What if they incorporated a 'Role Bonus' for each bot?
The Role bonus of course ensures that the particular bot is the best in its class for some particular task by a static bonus to some module(s) effectiveness.
This bonus would not be effected by Extension levels.(!)

Haven't seen this suggested yet, but seems like it might address the issues most are raising over the recent balance patch.

What do you think?