Re: Seriously, this patch is dumb

Making Assault bots have longer range than light ewar made light ewar useless.

@DEV ALF

IF I CAN DEMOB YOU AT A LONGER DISTANCE THAN YOU CAN ME AND DEMOB HAS NO EFFECT ON ME.  THAN YOU DIE.  ALWAYS.

NOW STOP KNOWING MORE THAN YOUR PLAYER BASE AND REVERT THE PATCH.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

So you're saying that the only thing that matters in 1vs1 is demob range. Your robot and the rest of the modules are not playing any role whatsoever.

28 (edited by Race Drones 2014-12-04 17:21:46)

DEV Zoom wrote:

So you're saying that the only thing that matters in 1vs1 is demob range. Your robot and the rest of the modules are not playing any role whatsoever.

Fight me ingame, you in a camaleon mk2 with all modules you want and all the extensions to 10, and me in a arbalest mk1 and my actual extensions levels.

Then come here and talk about.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

But why would a light EW go head on head with an assault robot...? That's suicide, and it's meant to be that way.

DEV Zoom wrote:

But why would a light EW go head on head with an assault robot...? That's suicide, and it's meant to be that way.

You don't know what are you doing in your patch's? (don't answer, i have a opinion about that).

Do you prefer use a Vagabond Mk2?, is ok for me, i use the Arbalest Mk1.

All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Race Drones wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Fight me ingame, you in a camaleon mk2 with all modules you want and all the extensions to 10, and me in a arbalest mk1 and my actual extensions levels.

Cameleon has the speed superiority to avoid demob range.

32 (edited by Jasmoba 2014-12-04 19:17:25)

DEV Zoom wrote:

yarr

33 (edited by JetNexus 2014-12-04 20:13:49)

Looks like it's a total mess in this game now roll
Well, good thing i won't be playing anytime soon(anyway, don't have time for games) and i hope everything will be alright, eventually...

Its terrible but still fun. 120 in a mesmer for life! *** Mongolia :-)

Its terrible but still fun. 120 in a mesmer for life! *** Mongolia :-)

36 (edited by Race Drones 2014-12-04 20:19:29)

Burial wrote:
Race Drones wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't want to AVOID his demob range (perhaps you want AVOID), i only want equal demob ranges, i'm tackler/ewar primary.

All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

I understand what you want but the example is rubbish. Equal demob range wouldn't make a difference when Cameleon and Arbalest face each other 1-on-1.

Don't get so melodramatic and cut the bullshit: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ault-bots/

It's not a 1v1.  Light ewars play a pivotal role in fleet engagements. 

1.  It's the point tackle.  It's the one that lands the demob first.  Thanks to the patch it's no longer possible.  And it's not possible because of the lag, client studder, broken movement. 
2.  You reduced the accumulator recharger bonuses on ALL the light ewar by 20% but you did NOT reduce the modules themselves accumulator usage.  Running more than 1 ewar module with a masker caps ewars accumulator out.  So if light ewar gets in trouble, it's dead.
- so when you factor in getting close enough to even tackle , your out ranged and fitted ewar mech is only 25 kph faster than a undemobbable assault bot.  Speed don't mean *** when your client is lagging like a *** there's a million trees you have to navigate.
3.  Now since EW strength got nerfed by 20% so with your "100%" demob chance if the assault fits 1 ECCM(which you didn't balance) I have UNDER a 50% chance to use ewar successfully to try to get away.

What even baffles me more is the complete lack of understanding of what light ewar does.
-  you don't have an assault ewar class, you don't have a ewar heavy mech class.

The balance originally was light ewar was the support class to lights and assaults.  Mech ewar was the support class to mechs and heavys.

Now light ewar is terrible cause no tank/no range.  Mech ewar got nerfed by 20%. 

Ewar is worthless and I agree with OP.  The patch was *** stupid.

Burial wrote:

I understand what you want but the example is rubbish. Equal demob range wouldn't make a difference when Cameleon and Arbalest face each other 1-on-1.

Don't get so melodramatic and cut the bullshit: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ault-bots/

-Arbalest have more DPS and 100% hit chance in the lights hit size, more hitpoints, more demob range, 100% demob chance, more legs slots to put armor plates in the NEW ARMOR PLATES PATCH/EXPANSION, then, more demob resistance.

-Cameleon have what?, only a % chance to jam, and a USELESS mags cycle time.

+1 to Mongolia Jones ---> http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ault-bots/

All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Burial wrote:

Speed superiority now is how many armor plates you can fit!.

Don't let me think you are a Lamer.

All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

all the talk about importance of demob makes me wonder how any other PvP game can actually work without it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

all the talk about importance of demob makes me wonder how any other PvP game can actually work without it.

You'd know if you participated.

Demobs create pvp.  Just like all this discussion about armored TPs and being able to jump out 100% of the time.

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

You'd know if you participated.

Demobs create pvp.  Just like all this discussion about armored TPs and being able to jump out 100% of the time.

Not really.

Perma BKB = win.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Light ewar just needs love.  The 30% reduction to ewar module accumulator reduction needs to return to 50%.  The light ewar need a 2% bonus to their racial ewar modules optimal range.

Until we get an assault ewar platform lights need to hold some sort of merit.

DEV Zoom wrote:

You really need to sit in on one of our pvp training classes.

Burial wrote:
Race Drones wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Coming from the expert at improving mechanics that help one avoid a fight.

Sparking to other games

48 (edited by Burial 2014-12-05 08:43:03)

Race Drones and Rex, it's not about avoiding PVP, it's about adding more motion and mobility to the fights.

Fastest bot class pinning down an enemy without it being able to do anything is pre-patch Castel MK2/Troiar MK2-level OP. Castels and Troiars could demob and tank, light EW can demob and jam.

MK1 light EW has accumulator issues. MK2 doesn't. It wasn't good before the patch and is worse now. ECM/Suppression modules should take less accumulator and demob should take a lot more. They shouldn't be able to do both demob and jam. Pick one.

49 (edited by Race Drones 2014-12-05 12:32:53)

Burial wrote:

They shouldn't be able to do both demob and jam. Pick one.

Combat bots shouldn't be able to do both demob and shoot Pick one.

Really?, are you comparing modules without damage with a less than 50% chance to successfull vs modules with 100% hit successfull and 100% DPS?.

1supressor+1ecm+1demob+shield vs 1demob+5weapons+repairer+2plates+damage tunnings+?

Really?.

Me in cameleon, you in arbalest, both apply demobs on the other, who has more speed?, ... and why?.

Again, don't let me think you're a Lamer ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamer

NOTE: sensor supressor need to be changed to % chance to successfull, NOT the actual 100% effectiveness.

All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

50 (edited by Burial 2014-12-05 14:05:33)

If the fastest bot class in the game can pin down targets and also eliminate their chance to shoot back to break the demob, it’s an obvious problem. Kills any chance for the game to have any form of solo PVP since it's way too easy to get pinned down with no chance for break free and generally moves the compositions to bigger = better since everything smaller is easily caught and blapped.

Not pulling an armchair general here, it's been like that for years with maxed MK2 Castels and Troiars. Other assaults should get the demob resistance too.

(To save you from tantrum, MK1 light EW isn't the problem. It will cap itself out sooner or later.)