Topic: Make robots class matter for deployment

One of the good things about ligth bots is "agility" which tends to be under represnted and kinda hard to convey. However big big and powerful is eaisly relevant in a fight. The recent patch has brought that making assaults and mech too much alike they almost become the same class.

I giving up for bashing a method of introducing addiotional dimensions to separate bots on. What I kinda like but is kinda stargith forward now is what I call "deployment" ie everything in setting up the situation before robots enter into each others firing range.

This is a nerf to heavies and buff to lights.

Light bots -50% instability from teleporting. Light bots cause teleport beacons to -50% less cooldown. Protection exceed instability.
Assaults: as is
Mechs: the only mobile beacon usable is the interzone teleport
Heavy mechs: NO mobile beacon teleport usable

This would actually involve spatial formations more and no just the pin point location where battles are going to take place.

Re: Make robots class matter for deployment

that would make assaults even more op as *** but not a terrible idea smile

Sounds like you want to run around in lights and assaults without worrying about bigger bots dropping on you.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I want to worry about ligth dropping into mech and dropping lights into mech. It think getting to drop mechs on light shoudl require a little more positioning or that he positoning should happen on the terrain.

It already requires more positioning. Lights and assaults are SIGNIFICANTLY faster then mechs and heavies, nevermind the better slope that allows them more terrain and options.

Naturally, if you give up all the advantages by plating up your assaults and huddling gates, I can understand why you think bigger bots shouldn't be able to use beacons. Kinda like light bots shouldn't be able to use plates right?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

There are not that big of a variety of tools to try force an enemy outside of teles. Even if somebody goes outside everybody still keeps one foot on there to circumvent any kind of terrain positioning. I foudn it pretty lacking that most of comabt in eve centered around gates and I don't like the feel that it isn't that diffent here.

There is also no "receiver beacon" that could also scramble things but I think that breaks the paradigm too much.

Kains with small EM guns: Matter enough for deployment

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

That is partly a question of EP branching, whether to choose to have medium guns as an option. however I know that choosing a smaller robot class won't make me any more guerilla so I might just focus on what happens within firign range and go as big as possible to fight a disperancy in numbers. The "bigger is better" just makes other considerations less relevant. (Althought I migth have misvalued the role of getting weapon bonuses from basic robot control instead of advanced robot control)

Hm someone else suggested this I think.

I'll get back with you on the forum search.

I am Perpetuum.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -bot-size/

I think this is what your asking for, I kinda skimmed and didn't read the big words, more or less the title.

I am Perpetuum.

Have we reached Annihilator status yet?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

i almost thought he would dig out a post from me.

so he is still on "hunter" level or so wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Wait did I miss something.

Don't make me *** search again!

I am Perpetuum.