Topic: New devblog: October status report - EA ends, robot rebalancing

October status report is here announcing the end of Steam Early Access and some shortly upcoming updates, including a larger balance package for robots.

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … balancing/

2 (edited by Supremacy 2014-10-15 13:57:21)

Re: New devblog: October status report - EA ends, robot rebalancing

first

nice post zoom

"As a result of this change, intrusion events should be more fast-paced and straightforward as defenders won’t have to stand around for two hours waiting for someone to come, but it will also require more effort to keep an outpost stable."

^^    nice change, been looking forward to

Zoom - rough target date to 2.5.3?     ("soon")    got it

10% discount  ...

10%

you must be kidding or suicidal lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Supremacy wrote:

Zoom - rough target date to 2.5.3?

Likely the last week of October.

\o/

love the proposed changes, in general

We need a push in the player base Zoom, I know your not going to listen anyways but anyway we can get this game under $20?  On Steam when EA ends? 

It would be nice to see new accounts get a 5 - 10 day booster.

I would like to see ICE return to redistribute the wealth to new players and adding an additional service to your game.

ICE would cost $11.99 and give you enough credits to boost for 30 days.

We need a cash shop, thank you for not being greedy people, but, you need to make the absolutely peak amount when you pull EA off.  I'd suggest Highly having a system that lets you buy things for credits, (PC).  For example:  Faction ammo,T3-,syndicate supply crates that have decoders, minerals with a rng proc for epi/nora/colixum. Or even rare mk2 Cts or regular Cts.  Stuff like that.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Because it only goes down hill from launch in a mmo.

I want you and your investors to make money, And as an outsider looking in whoever is in charge of business development is clearly not focused on peak revenue.  You could literally make 10s of dollars when EA ends but you AC have to capitalize on those 3 months and out players.  And your not doing that.  hmm

Ville: this isn't about listening or not, this is about timing, holidays, seasonal sales, other game releases, and so on.

Proven historical data doesn't lie.

Even more range to EW mechs? Seriously? big_smile

Ville wrote:

We need a push in the player base Zoom, I know your not going to listen anyways but anyway we can get this game under $20?  On Steam when EA ends? 

It would be nice to see new accounts get a 5 - 10 day booster.

I would like to see ICE return to redistribute the wealth to new players and adding an additional service to your game.

ICE would cost $11.99 and give you enough credits to boost for 30 days.

We need a cash shop, thank you for not being greedy people, but, you need to make the absolutely peak amount when you pull EA off.  I'd suggest Highly having a system that lets you buy things for credits, (PC).  For example:  Faction ammo,T3-,syndicate supply crates that have decoders, minerals with a rng proc for epi/nora/colixum. Or even rare mk2 Cts or regular Cts.  Stuff like that.

+1 smile Definitely consider getting it under $20

from top to bottom:

New mineral system

oh... where did THAT come from.  I had the feeling that this change wouldn't be that unrealistic after the gamma higway painting system was implemented, but hey... it gives me a feeling that posting game mechanic related stuff on forums isn't useless at all.
Can we hope for a un-retard change to the geoscanning mechanic after this?
also, the mineral balance, will hopefully reflect in the production requirements too.

Intrusion and gamma changes

it does not affect me much, but for what reason do you keep stability increasing and decreasing events synchronised?

Robot balancing

There are some nice changes in that list, but some i dont really understand:

• The current faction-specific weapon damage bonus of all combat robots will be changed to a combination of a larger general weapon damage bonus plus a smaller faction-specific weapon damage bonus. This means that your robot will be less “crippled” when using weapons other than its faction-specific ones.

• Weapon-specific bonuses of assaults and mechs will be size-independent, so assaults will receive bonuses for medium weapons, and mechs for light weapons too.

• All robots will receive an extra bonus that is either connected to their intended role or their faction.

• We’d like to emphasize the scout role of light combats, so they receive a detection bonus.

why so much bonuses??
you get the same by simply removing the existing bonus in the first place. Unless your goal is to widen the gap between those with EP and those without EP.

The second change makes only sense if implement something like armor classes or something similar, so small weapons are weak against mechs, and medium wepons are next to useless against bots.

third is another bonus that sounds like another EP sink

the last hopefully means the removal of detector modules as such. it kinda makes no sense when half of the community asks for nerfing the *** out of the extreme fast high detection castels, and then you announce to increase their detection even more.

industrial bot changes - industrial lights don't need more surviveablity, or accumulator stability - they need a reason to exist aside from beeing a steppig stone to the mk2 heavies.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

13 (edited by Ville 2014-10-15 15:30:43)

Annihilator wrote:

the last hopefully means the removal of detector modules as such. it kinda makes no sense when half of the community asks for nerfing the *** out of the extreme fast high detection castels, and then you announce to increase their detection even more.

industrial bot changes - industrial lights don't need more surviveablity, or accumulator stability - they need a reason to exist aside from beeing a steppig stone to the mk2 heavies.

We don't care about it being fast, its the problem with TANK, a Castel mk2 can basically function as a heavy mech fleet tackle under certain conditions.  If you DO NOT bring a bot to neutralize engery this thing can tank fleet fit Heavys.  It only breaks under direct fire of a heavy with all tuners and 700%+ damage increase.

-And as it stands right now, trying to find a T1  Masked Light ewar is next to impossible.

The Argano is very useful for pvp engagements, its primary role atm is being used as a station scanner, or a cheap way to get a cargo or two of EPI.

Ville wrote:

We don't care about it being fast, its the problem with TANK, a Castel mk2 can basically function as a heavy mech fleet tackle under certain conditions.  If you DO NOT bring a bot to neutralize engery this thing can tank fleet fit Heavys.  It only breaks under direct fire of a heavy with all tuners and 700%+ damage increase.

-And as it stands right now, trying to find a T1  Masked Light ewar is next to impossible.

thats your side of the story - for the other side its the speed and visual range it has.
while your masked light ewar is hard to see, it has to run around more to find targets because of its own gimped detection.

and you wrote it yourself, if you don't bring someone to neut, you cannot kill that thing. So why do you just bring DPS then? Oh wait, because DPS works against everything BUT that thing and an armored TP.
Since its a rebalance patch, i wouldn't bet on using a shield castel in the future anyway.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

A lot of the current bonuses will be effectively reduced, the extra bonuses are meant to create more diversity. So this should not widen the gap, rather the opposite.

16 (edited by Annihilator 2014-10-15 16:51:05)

DEV Zoom wrote:

A lot of the current bonuses will be effectively reduced, the extra bonuses are meant to create more diversity. So this should not widen the gap, rather the opposite.

yeah, but what does it help to have a cycletime bonus on ewar bots, when the combat bots have
1. more weapon slots by default
2. get even MORE damage bonuses

and when you look at all bots, there are those with only single weaponslots that cannot even use it because its futile.
i once killed an arkhe with an argano. took me like 30 minutes. the arkhe can kill a gropho mk2 in that time.

and if the industrials only usefull DEFENSE is still shield-tanking, then shooting back will stay no option.

just in numbers, when you compare currently an EWAR mech with 3 weapons, and no weapon bonus, with a combat mech with 4 weapons and the 50% bonus - the combat mech has exactly twice the DPS. the only difference is the number of headslots.
There is a theoretical choice to fit weapons on the ewar mech because it has a higher masking and is eventually 2kph faster, but for that it has a fraction of the hitpoints and half the firepower.
thats why noone does that.

17 (edited by Kanogi 2014-10-15 16:24:45)

Where is the bot paint?

And can we implement a Annihilator filter pls? Or a way to block msg on the forums from players by ur choosing?

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

thats your side of the story - for the other side its the speed and visual range it has.
while your masked light ewar is hard to see, it has to run around more to find targets because of its own gimped detection.

and you wrote it yourself, if you don't bring someone to neut, you cannot kill that thing. So why do you just bring DPS then? Oh wait, because DPS works against everything BUT that thing and an armored TP.
Since its a rebalance patch, i wouldn't bet on using a shield castel in the future anyway.

We bring Neuts, always have.  The New guys, well they are learning first hand everyday that in order to PVP you are FORCED to play ONE specific way.  Because once you are Demobbed it is pretty much over. 

70% masking with a masker versus a 40% detection bonue + 20% Decrease in masking.  Guess who sees who first wink

Thank you so much for the update!  It looks like a bunch of new & exciting things will be here soon.

Listen to Ville on buying new players love. If you can't lower the price, promise them something that will excite them (ei, temp booster for x days (if they log in every day), credit in the store (which we will have someday?), pink arkes, anything will help).

Now, hurry up on the PvE changes so we can keep any new players more then a couple of weeks.

Thank you for your efforts

Also, why no comments on the spark tp changes in this patch, there is still time to fix it by then wink

^

21 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-15 18:48:03)

Nice blog, feel things are shaping up.

from Blog:
From a balancing standpoint we’ll also take this opportunity and make the faction-specific mineral difference even more significant, going from a 1:1.5 ratio of non-faction:faction minerals on an island to a 1:2 ratio.

I dont get what this ratio thing means tbh ? Difference of what?

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

Because once you are Demobbed it is pretty much over.

Wouldn't another variable added, like chance based demobbing, together with the speed decrease sound like a good idea?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

from Blog:
From a balancing standpoint we’ll also take this opportunity and make the faction-specific mineral difference even more significant, going from a 1:1.5 ratio of non-faction:faction minerals on an island to a 1:2 ratio.

The amount of "native" minerals compared other minerals on an island. For example silgium is a mineral most abundant on pelistal islands, but there is also imentium, which is most abundant on nuimqol islands. With the change the ratio of silgium versus imentium on pelistal islands will be 2:1.

24 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-15 19:16:42)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

from Blog:

The amount of "native" minerals compared other minerals on an island. For example silgium is a mineral most abundant on pelistal islands, but there is also imentium, which is most abundant on nuimqol islands. With the change the ratio of silgium versus imentium on pelistal islands will be 2:1.

So what exactly does the change accomplish, baring in mind resource would still be infinite?

Wouldn't it be better to make refines of factional commodities better depending on faction island, that would be interesting too.

RIP PERPETUUM

Less minerals in fields, faster depletion, more time to be assigned to scanning down new fields.