Re: New devblog: October status report - EA ends, robot rebalancing

scanning down new fields

thats like... two scans in two locations, walk to the intersection and scan again. yes, it takes some time, but does it matter when npcs are all orange on alpha, and the next field spawns without delay?

or does the node based system affect that behaviour a bit?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

27 (edited by Inda 2014-10-15 20:29:18)

Nice changes all I can say!

The balancing is a bit harder btw...

EDIT:
maybe if you want that way the 3 000 m between terminals could be less enough, I would say 4 -5 000 m now.
(Because if I correct you can place 20-30 terminal with 3 000 m that is much)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

ewar getting weapon bonuses !!!!!!!!!! dont play with my feelings >.>

That one worked out your way didnt it.

Burial wrote:

Even more range to EW mechs? Seriously? big_smile

going to be 100x easier now to dominate saps/islands

yummy

31 (edited by Burial 2014-10-16 10:46:41)

Supremacy wrote:

Burial wrote:

I like most of the changes and improvements and think they will work out great and provide some interesting fittings and fights, but I don't understand why EW mechs need even further buffs.

- They are faster than combat mechs and heavies.
- Don't need line of sight.
- Superior range with 29% EW range nexus.
- Sturdier than LWF+plate mech.
- Natural RSA with eachother.

And developers think more range is needed.

yup

you see, your forum campaigns are malicious

my forums suggestions have true positive intent

and thats what you get for being mean

think about what you have done

Supremacy is a pillar of the community

Together with Stranger Danger

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Where is the mass email??

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

We need a push in the player base Zoom, I know your not going to listen anyways but anyway we can get this game under $20?  On Steam when EA ends? 

It would be nice to see new accounts get a 5 - 10 day booster.

I would like to see ICE return to redistribute the wealth to new players and adding an additional service to your game.

ICE would cost $11.99 and give you enough credits to boost for 30 days.

We need a cash shop, thank you for not being greedy people, but, you need to make the absolutely peak amount when you pull EA off.  I'd suggest Highly having a system that lets you buy things for credits, (PC).  For example:  Faction ammo,T3-,syndicate supply crates that have decoders, minerals with a rng proc for epi/nora/colixum. Or even rare mk2 Cts or regular Cts.  Stuff like that.

+ 1

Dobro wrote:
Ville wrote:

We need a push in the player base Zoom, I know your not going to listen anyways but anyway we can get this game under $20?  On Steam when EA ends? 

I would like to see ICE return to redistribute the wealth to new players and adding an additional service to your game.

We need a cash shop, thank you for not being greedy people, but, you need to make the absolutely peak amount when you pull EA off.  I'd suggest Highly having a system that lets you buy things for credits, (PC).  For example:  Faction ammo,T3-,syndicate supply crates that have decoders, minerals with a rng proc for epi/nora/colixum. Or even rare mk2 Cts or regular Cts.  Stuff like that.

+ 1

+2

Needs to happen ASAP. I'd add in to that mk2 bots and t4+ too etc.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Dobro wrote:
Ville wrote:

+ 1

+2

Needs to happen ASAP. I'd add in to that mk2 bots and t4+ too etc.

+1 I'd like to see the T4+ and T2+ there.  But Really expensive, even buyable with tokens.

Supremacy wrote:

yup

you see, your forum campaigns are malicious

my forums suggestions have true positive intent

and thats what you get for being mean

think about what you have done

I see what you did there.. tongue

Burial wrote:
Supremacy wrote:

Burial wrote:

I like most of the changes and improvements and think they will work out great and provide some interesting fittings and fights, but I don't understand why EW mechs need even further buffs.

I'm surprised by this as well, but ONLY, and I mean ONLY because the forum has been long graffiti'd with YOUR suggestion to nerf it.

Frankly I do not know if it is good or bad, but keep in mind that it comes with re-balance to all bots and classes. So chill out homie.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Burial wrote:
Supremacy wrote:

I'm surprised by this as well, but ONLY, and I mean ONLY because the forum has been long graffiti'd with YOUR suggestion to nerf it.

Frankly I do not know if it is good or bad, but keep in mind that it comes with re-balance to all bots and classes. So chill out homie.

You know people can have an opinion that's different and it be ok. For some reason you guys seem to think any opinion other than your own is 'gaming the Devs' or a 'ticket campaign'. This despite the fact that you lot send the most tickets and play the most games.

I do think ewar range seems a bit crazy really - it's already over 700m for ECM and close to a thousand for supressors with no range extenders. I see a lot of farlock nexus and detector zenith mk2s coming.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

41 (edited by Annihilator 2014-10-18 12:13:32)

Jita wrote:

I do think ewar range seems a bit crazy really - it's already over 700m for ECM and close to a thousand for supressors with no range extenders. I see a lot of farlock nexus and detector zenith mk2s coming.

sure, you will see that. somwhere ingame my first rant was pacified by mentioning that
1. overall robot bonuses will be nerfed. so zenith's range bonus probably will come down
2. overall module stacking will be changed (zoom yesterday in GC)
3. the blog already contains that some bots may be fast and demob immune - which means they can run up to those long range ewars and wreak them (if alf does it right, in every faction it will be a different bot for that role)

basicly, you cannot tell anything from that blogpost, since all points are rather vague. we have to see it on the PTS in action first.

i still hope that after years, sensor-amps are implementd as counter to supression, not as "must have". same for detectors as counter to masking, not as omnipotent radar range extender.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

Don't mix that into this patch, as it requires a larger mechanic overhaul.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

just wanted to write it down somewhere wink

btw - now that minerals are node based on terrain - can you adjust the directional scans to aim at the center, not the "next tile that contains mineral" ?

We are planning a minimum amount slider for the directional scanner that you can set to ignore the tiles with the set amount.

45 (edited by Burial 2014-10-18 15:12:45)

Jita wrote:

I'd add a fall-off to EW modules. That way they could be used over longer distance but with weaker effectiveness.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Given stacking mechanics change could significantly affect bots and fits it seems premature to re balance all bots without addressing it. Won't you just have to re balance again?

Sparking to other games

Burial wrote:
Jita wrote:

I'd add a fall-off to EW modules. That way they could be used over longer distance but with weaker effectiveness.

Because you're still thinking of current mechanics. Everything is changing. And with eventual stacking change who knows what that will do to range.

Sparking to other games

fall-off to some EW modules is a bad idea...
Hungarian math and multiplicators smaller then 1 dislike each other.

i stikll remember times when demobs had falloff and their effect was exponentially bigger towards the max range of the falloff wink

ive performed a statistical analysis and cross referenced it with other persons results and have come to the conclusion that there is a 12.67% chance annihilator is correct

back to the drawing board on this one I think

bump due to Lupus post on blog.