Topic: Yesterday's disconnect and major LAG spikes.

Hey devs, were you switching the cables last night between hubs or something? It felt like it at least. One major disconnect and then a few big lag spikes when things stopped a few times for like 5-7 seconds.

I thank you for returning my Sequer which I lost during the disconnect (wasn't near enemies and on Alpha island) but I was wondering if this is gonna happen again. I mean come on guys, sometimes I feel that I am playing a game made by a couple of friends in some basement lol. I know its close to what you guys got there, and more kudos to you for that, but lets at least get your hardware side straight so we can have uninterrupted gaming sessions.

Keep up the good work. But I really hope you can fix the issue with ping jumps and rubberbending. If I run a bot on follow it just stops. If I drive a bot by pressing W it hops ahead like there is some kind of packet loss or something. And its not my cable. This started happening about 2-3 days after game official release and I experience this every day now. I didn't have this issue for a couple of days after official release.

Devs do you plan to do anything about the server location, I kinda suspect you would say - 'we don't have resources for that' but I still hope for better.

This thread is one of the references that people from different locations have problems. It seems to be a problem with a Hungary... http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … cket-loss/

Re: Yesterday's disconnect and major LAG spikes.

Chief Ubenor wrote:

Hey devs, were you switching the cables last night between hubs or something? It felt like it at least. One major disconnect and then a few big lag spikes when things stopped a few times for like 5-7 seconds.

I thank you for returning my Sequer which I lost during the disconnect (wasn't near enemies and on Alpha island) but I was wondering if this is gonna happen again. I mean come on guys, sometimes I feel that I am playing a game made by a couple of friends in some basement lol. I know its close to what you guys got there, and more kudos to you for that, but lets at least get your hardware side straight so we can have uninterrupted gaming sessions.

Keep up the good work. But I really hope you can fix the issue with ping jumps and rubberbending. If I run a bot on follow it just stops. If I drive a bot by pressing W it hops ahead like there is some kind of packet loss or something. And its not my cable. This started happening about 2-3 days after game official release and I experience this every day now. I didn't have this issue for a couple of days after official release.

Devs do you plan to do anything about the server location, I kinda suspect you would say - 'we don't have resources for that' but I still hope for better.

This thread is one of the references that people from different locations have problems. It seems to be a problem with a Hungary... http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … cket-loss/

This wasn't their fault -- it was due to the DDoS's on mastercard and Paypal... don't you read the news.

The internet is going to melt!

<who uses hubs these days?>

~G~

Re: Yesterday's disconnect and major LAG spikes.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Chief Ubenor wrote:

<who uses hubs these days?>

Avatar Creations may still be... cool