1 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-08 16:24:10)

Topic: What are we supposed to do on gamma?

Seeing how many would rather stay on alpha than risk anything on beta aside from mining Epriton. I still don't see the reason for Devs to concentrated all efforts on the new gammas (basically limited terraformable betas with no Epriton).

Unlike the old gammas where there would be reasons to spend large amounts of Nic and make it relatively safe to do beacons, mine nora etc. Although it was much safer because Devs never gave us enough tools ( bigger bots) to siege one. Or what made it safe, the mechanics in place or the players that were reluctant to siege.?

So please tell us Devs: Why, when gamma are introduced again should we move there? If there are no incentives I don't see a reason to waste more time on this. Unless we can clear this up.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: What are we supposed to do on gamma?

Without the possibility of making better and faster money then on Alpha, neither Beta or Gamma will ever be populated.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

3 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2014-07-08 16:43:48)

Get rid of beacons. Get rid of static spawns. Re-balance NPCs for loot and difficulty. Make hunting NPCs on Beta one of the only ways to acquire sufficient quantities of Hi-tec kernals. Give us something akin to those scannable "dungeons"* you alluded to many moons ago on Gamma with balanced rewards. Press Go. Something like that anyway.

*FFS don't call them dungeons

Syndic wrote:

Without the possibility of making better and faster money then on Alpha, neither Beta or Gamma will ever be populated.

I know, what you say is a very serious issue and what makes it even more so is the Devs really don't show or explain the gravity of the situation

RIP PERPETUUM

Let me ask you Dear Devs again and repharse my queston:

For whom are you creating gamma content for?

RIP PERPETUUM

Gamma has two purposes:  Noralgis and artifact scanning.  That's it.  TBH, its not even going to be worth the hassle.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3rd was beacons but....... fuuu fuuu

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Honestly the whole alpha beta gamma thing, rewards need to be looked at industry should get a huge buff from one to the next.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

oh, i see that "risk vs. reward" concept again popping up...

+1
(great forum filter)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

+1
(great forum filter)

Just like in eve some carebears will never leave alpha no matter how rich or big the reward my be. However as said in many posts there is no reason to go to beta except to mine epi at this point.  With gamma even more risky I see no reward to out weigh that risk.

But if the fruit is dangling low enough and is ripe for the picking everyone will want to taste it.

Annihilator wrote:

It never 'popped' under. It's been wailing and screaming in the forums for years.

Sparking to other games

Lobo wrote:

Just like in eve some carebears will never leave alpha no matter how rich or big the reward my be. However as said in many posts there is no reason to go to beta except to mine epi at this point.  With gamma even more risky I see no reward to out weigh that risk.

But if the fruit is dangling low enough and is ripe for the picking everyone will want to taste it.

thank you for explaining, why "risk vs reward" solves nothing but catering towards the selfish shortsighted goals of those asking for it.

increasing the rewards on beta will only make the situation worse then it already is.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Lobo wrote:

thank you for explaining, why "risk vs reward" solves nothing but catering towards the selfish shortsighted goals of those asking for it.

increasing the rewards on beta will only make the situation worse then it already is.

As someone who hasn't left Alpha since 2012, WTF would you know about it?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Annihilator wrote:
Lobo wrote:

What's your solution mr. Complain alot? Nerf beta and gamma go play mech warrior.

This is no where as bad as in Eve. Pvp areas there have, moon mining, much better NPC rewards. better PI, exclusive ships and industry compared to High Sec. Players actually live there. Here we have Epriton, artifacts and noralgis, no one is living or will live on beta/gamma the way this game is balanced.

Anni: I think you are from a different universe tbfh.

RIP PERPETUUM

hmm, lets look at it
i don't participate in current pvp, even if sometimes i would like to.

which side do i belong to?
the minority, or the majority that has ever played this game?

Yes, i am from another universe. I fully support any idea that could help this game to gain a bigger population and make it more fun. But "risk vs. reward" balance has not worked towards that goal in this game ever since it opened up the servers.
for the rest
+1
now it time to celebrate the 7-1 win...

Annihilator wrote:

But "risk vs. reward" balance has not worked towards that goal in this game ever since it opened up the servers.

Rewards do not incentivize the Safety-First Class of players to leave Alpha and move to Beta/Gamma. I believe it's well established that in MMOs like this (at least EVE) the vast majority of players never leave the safe zones no matter what. And that is fine.

But, you are ignoring the needs of the Danger-Zone Class of players. Without incentives to go out to Beta/Gamma those players will simply ...FIND ANOTHER GAME.

Devs cannot ignore the Risk v Reward ("Incentives") Issue. Devs must provide better rewards for Beta/Gamma or there is no point even having a Beta/Gamma.

Sparking to other games

this

Often overlooked, but also being removed with this trend of removing content to fix issues...

Gamma is losing is creative building aspect with the removal of beacon terraforming.

I remember when I first started playing with gamma building how fun it was to work on a beacon plan then go out and make it. 

I don't think single tile terraforming with slope caps will tap into that creative building aspect of gamma.  People use to go out there just to build stuff, I remember Blackomens private base and even "forever alone" Hunter managed to risk stuff just to build something  interesting, and It was fun to try to crack those nuts and get in.

Its pretty demoralizing to see fun player created content get removed and nerfed to fix issues with the reward (why not fix the reward and keep the fun player created content?) as well as just removing major attractions to the game in order to balance stuff.

Ill be honest, im not excited for gamma anymore.  No creative planning and building, all the old issues with gamma remain, no reason to mine there, no reason to combat there, I don't need a base to run artifacting there (im not into artifacting luckily)

So what..people are going to drop billions of nic into some sea of mini structure spam out on gamma, with no interesting terraforming, no beacon farming, no epi?

I mean beta is boring enough seeing as the only reason to even be there is for a corporation production and epriton.  As fun as mining epi is...I feel that beta is missing something....

I really wish you guys would just bite the bullet, drop a bunch more beta islands out there (missed the bus on that one though populations thinning to the point where we have more than enough space) and get gamma right.

Even if you were to put in premade block parts and shapes that could be placed on gamma to make multi-tiered structures...Just make the premade blocks and shapes destructible...and figured out a way to consolidate structures to prevent the ugly and laggy sea of structures that plagued old gamma (why can we make alpha/beta style terminals?).  It would be a lot more interesting from a builders perspective than whats currently planned.

Why not make special beacons for beacon pits?  Make them like teleport beacons, same drop restrictions, beacon stays on the ground until all mobs die or despawn...bam issues fixed content remains.

Part of me feels this kind of *** should have been worked out prior to steam, I really hope the new players appreciate that tutorial...that's a year and a half of dev time that should have went into making the game more fun.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

Part of me feels this kind of *** should have been worked out prior to steam, I really hope the new players appreciate that tutorial...that's a year and a half of dev time that should have went into making the game more fun.

strangely enough, i have seen enough new player who really did apreciate the tutorial. (minus the ones that didnt understand geoscanning)

i wonder about the plans to improve the PvE aside from a random mission generator, that should be doable within a few weeks as it won't generate long-lasting content.

Can't quote from my phone but I agree completely with post 19

>>>THIS IS ME SPEAKING FROM THE FUTURE<<<

- Gamma will be put in and it will be horribly broken
- Nobody will risk building a base and will just spam standard terminals
- Some corps will pressure Devs into moving epriton to Gamma
- I will laugh a lot over the coming weeks and months

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

>>>THIS IS ME SPEAKING FROM THE FUTURE<<<

- Gamma will be put in and it will be horribly broken
- Nobody will risk building a base and will just spam standard terminals
- Some corps will pressure Devs into moving epriton to Gamma
- I will laugh a lot over the coming weeks and months

Honestly ive said all along epi should be on gamma otherwise beta will still be asset denial paradise

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

My main problem with epi on gamma, is its too easy to plop a terminal down on a liquid and be in docking range.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

My main problem with epi on gamma, is its too easy to plop a terminal down on a liquid and be in docking range.

Static spawns of epi that are in large fields that don't allow transforming?