Re: What are we supposed to do on gamma?

Constructing a base is pretty easy.  Deconning a base to move it can happen in under 30 minutes.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

My main problem with epi on gamma, is its too easy to plop a terminal down on a liquid and be in docking range.

IF painted zones only occupied 25% of Gamma
IF ore only spawned outside painted zones
This would not be such an issue unless fields spawned right on border of zones. But then would Defenders not have walls erected on those borders?

No matter on IFs as that's not how it is on test server.

Sparking to other games

Ville wrote:

My main problem with epi on gamma, is its too easy to plop a terminal down on a liquid and be in docking range.

They could always delay construction and decon, if that is the only issue.

RIP PERPETUUM

Epriton does not belong on Gamma and was removed for a very valid reason.

Naturally, since I can see the future and I'm familiar with how the Devs work, it will most certainly be re-added to Gamma then removed later on once it becomes apparent that the reason valid mere months ago is still valid.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Epriton does not belong on Gamma and was removed for a very valid reason.

Naturally, since I can see the future and I'm familiar with how the Devs work, it will most certainly be re-added to Gamma then removed later on once it becomes apparent that the reason valid mere months ago is still valid.

The reason was 'turtle islands'.. and this will hopefully be a thing of the past. Having all Epri tied up on six islands that a small alliance can easily defend and tie up an essential resource is a step backwards in balancing the game.

I see no good reason not to put it back on gamma.

RIP PERPETUUM

31 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-11 15:46:30)

I thought they should eventually remove Epriton from beta, once a good mission system is added with plenty of rewards, that should leave new players that want to venuture out on pvp zones more space whilst the vets battle it out on gamma. Beta can act a good role as a buffer zone and mission hubs. Mining has never worked well on beta as an incentive.

RIP PERPETUUM

32 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-11 16:23:28)

Epriton isn't tied up, it flows steadily from Domhalarn and Novastrov to the Alpha markets.

Domhalarn is a "turtle island" without turrets.

Although nobody should hold any illusions about it, Devs will cave in to pressure from all the little corps that can't control a Beta. Epriton will go to Gamma, then it'll get removed from Gamma once we put it under our microscope and all the little corps start crying that we're abusing mechanics.

We're practically remote-developing the game. lol

CIR Complaint Form

33 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-11 19:19:41)

Syndic wrote:

Epriton isn't tied up, it flows steadily from Domhalarn and Novastrov to the Alpha markets.

Right, do you sell for free too?

Syndic wrote:

Domhalarn is a "turtle island" without turrets.

Untill players are willing enough to take you, same as old gamma I guess, which is just player control depedent.

Syndic wrote:

Although nobody should hold any illusions about it, Devs will cave in to pressure from all the little corps that can't control a Beta. Epriton will go to Gamma, then it'll get removed from Gamma once we put it under our microscope and all the little corps start crying that we're abusing mechanics.

We're practically remote-developing the game. lol

Test on PTS, but something tells you won't say a thing, untill release, right ? smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Of course we don't sell for free. We also put billions worth of equipment on the ground to secure our income of epriton.

On gamma, we'd just drop a standard terminal on top of the field and mine away. I assume thats what you want, risk-free mining with a few reinforcement cycles that guarantee you can mine the field up and haul it out.

The only thing I'm gonna say is "Everything is fine".

Because I have seen the future and I know how hungarians work. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Ville wrote:

Well I've pushed all along for that not to be the case. That fundamentally needs to change for gamma to have any mining risk.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

36 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-11 20:29:04)

There are a 2 options I just thought for this:

1. Make 3-4 gamma structure free and add epriton on those only. No terminals

2. Make terminals vulnerable to attack with no reinforcement cycles for the first 12 or 24hr of placement.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

2. Make terminals vulnerable to attack with no reinforcement cycles for the first 12 or 24hr of placement.

1.  I don't think restricted islands is a good thing.

2.  TOG 2.0 No Thanks.  Rage quiting corps.

Only Main terminals should make mineral fields within 1K magically relocate.

Celebro wrote:

My fix would be to despawn anything 1km round from a station drop and make stations be destroyed when deconstructed

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

My fix would be that deconstructing a terminal wouldn't give you back anything other than storage contents.

40 (edited by Jita 2014-07-12 00:25:47)

DEV Zoom wrote:

My fix would be that deconstructing a terminal wouldn't give you back anything other than storage contents.

Well that works if you double terminal build costs and you lose the terminal and blocks on decon. An epi spawn is around 450m nic and base cost currently is around 100.

Bear in mind that using cost to balance never really works. the 1km around a station fix would work better.

Epi on gamma is needed.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the goal of this would be to bring back epriton to gamma, that's not going to happen.

I thought this would be a general concern about mining on gammas.

Bahaha!

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realize that the goal of this would be to bring back epriton to gamma, that's not going to happen.

This is one of those rare times Zoom gives us a gem.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

Considering that Dom has a not lockable npc station anyone can dock in, the fact that in the last week we've hit several saps, and bombed 50+ noralgis plants, and killed heavies on the island, I would say that you're wrong about it being "a turtle island without turrets."

Now, when I came back late last year, and jumped onto bergers for the first time, THAT is what I would call a "turtle Island", being that there were mudwalls lined with really scary turrets that locked at 1800m. For someone to get onto bergers and past that wall took serious effort with terraformers.

Any island I can jump into, freely walk off the gate and not get shot by turrets... well, that's just an island ripe for roaming.

The whole reason for taking epri off of gamma was that you could mine it from docking range of a base, on an island that took tons of prep work just to get on it. Fix those two problems and there's really no reason why epri shouldn't be on gamma, unless you're planning on adding another high end ore found only on gamma, or make colixium be required for all mk2 production or something along those lines. As it is, there's really not much point in putting billions of nic worth of base mods on an island you can't rat on or mine epri. Except for maybe one alliance so they can protect their noralgis farms a little better lol

DEV Zoom wrote:

I'm struggling to not use caps lock and multiple exclamation points but i'll try.

Nobody is going to mine anything on Gamma or Beta but epriton while Alpha mining is in its current state. There is absolutely no reason to risk it. Even Colixium will be largely useless - anyone who has a hope in hell of holding a gamma already has a boat load of structures.

The whole point of the gamma changes was to create a roamabale island that is used. There will be no PVE content and if there's no epriton no Industry content either. This limits Gamma bases to something you can plant noralgis next to and something you can build in. Given that the bonus' compared with Beta are not earth shattering and you are mining epriton on beta anyway then again whats the point. Thats before you factor in the fact that you cant build a full construction base that can defend itself.

So to sum up IF epriton was on Gamma people would at least mine it there. This would put assets on the field and therefore give you a reason to roam. Because your mining epriton there you would be more likely to produce and if so more likely to mine other stuff. Just as importantly it would make Beta less worthwhile for Gamma owners. This would give newer corporations the room to grow as Beta becomes less cut throat.

Other than 'because' there's no reason to put a Gamma base up if epriton is not there and Joke will not be doing it.

Bottom line is bring gamma back with new rewarding content.

Like exclusive bots for gamma, add colxium to all mk2 bots. Scanable virtual islands within islands tied together with PVE content and missions for beta that spills over to gamma.

I know development time is precious and very limited, therefore if we have to wait another 6 months so be it. What's the point of adding new areas ingame with no rewards for risks involved and no content.?

RIP PERPETUUM

47 (edited by Jita 2014-07-12 11:22:56)

Celebro wrote:

Bottom line is bring gamma back with new rewarding content.

Like exclusive bots for gamma, add colxium to all mk2 bots. Scanable virtual islands within islands tied together with PVE content and missions for beta that spills over to gamma.

I know development time is precious and very limited, therefore if we have to wait another 6 months so be it. What's the point of adding new areas ingame with no rewards for risks involved and no content.?

Agreed. Epriton isn't the endgame content there that we should have but its the quickest thing people care about that can be added. When you have chance to add endgame content then remove it but for the minute gamma has no reason to go.

Like a prophet ~o~

CIR Complaint Form

I agree with adding stuff that you can only build on gamma, that is superiour to anything else. The reward for beeing able to get hold of them will ensure that you can monopolize it due to increased power. This will make PvP more rewarding, right?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

50 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-12 17:39:38)

Annihilator wrote:

I agree with adding stuff that you can only build on gamma, that is superiour to anything else. The reward for beeing able to get hold of them will ensure that you can monopolize it due to increased power. This will make PvP more rewarding, right?

Can you keep players logging in, if team effort, intelligence, knowledge and risk taking does not bear any advantages or exclusive content?

RIP PERPETUUM