Re: Instant terrain locking

Inda wrote:

See what you do, I simply cant terraform any "nice" structure on the island after that, we cant even terraform a PVP arena, a PIT, NOTHING!!!

You can, it just takes way more effort to terraform something "nice" than it does now.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Inda wrote:

See what you do, I simply cant terraform any "nice" structure on the island after that, we cant even terraform a PVP arena, a PIT, NOTHING!!!

You can, it just takes way more effort to terraform something "nice" than it does now.

And then we will find out instant locking terrian was a good idea big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Exactly smile

Ok so what is the plan what slope percentage ?

If it is 56° you cant do fine terraforming, need 70° at least imo.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Ok so what is the plan what slope percentage ?

If it is 56° you cant do fine terraforming, need 70° at least imo.

From the robots' perspective 70° is as if we wouldn't do any terraforming limit, so there is no point to that. If we want to put the limit between assaults and mechs then that's 50°.

It is a good fun idea except when there is a force on force PvP situation, then the industrials need to be back to regular locking mechanics so EWAR works as normal.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Exactly smile

57 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-22 22:03:04)

Gunner wrote:

It is a good fun idea except when there is a force on force PvP situation, then the industrials need to be back to regular locking mechanics so EWAR works as normal.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Exactly smile

PVP situations that happen now, not when you are limited terraforming to only 50°.

RIP PERPETUUM

I'm starting to think it's a good idea again. tongue

Zoom why implement such a tool when you didnt want that?

This bacon terraforming feature is solid, and awesome, no need to delete it completely, with planning and such I had so much fun doing that,

I cant terraform such a things:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120812/Perpetuum … es.hu_.jpg

Why is any problem to able terraforming with beacons 3-4000 m from terminals?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

60 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-22 23:05:28)

Inda wrote:

Zoom why implement such a tool when you didnt want that?

This bacon terraforming feature is solid, and awesome, no need to delete it completely, with planning and such I had so much fun doing that,

I cant terraform such a things:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120812/Perpetuum … es.hu_.jpg

Why is any problem to able terraforming with beacons 3-4000 m from terminals?

Inda: They gave as 'Dev tools' as a feature on gamma. Way too OP , and a nightmare to balance, better have a good balance game than powerful tools at least for now, until they can say we can balance it, but I doubt it.

RIP PERPETUUM

Yes it is ok, I can live without it, just why we need it this feature was soo good in the "terraforming marketplace on MMO " so what is wrong with just let them not everywhere on the island?

I dont see a problem there, we have that still and we are happy with that, so awesome fights was implemented as Gunner said.

Energy to Earth!

Maybe a locking time bonus for Terraforming bots? Maybe Garg mk2 and Symb Mk2 or some such get a locking time bonus modifier? This would help make terraforming less painful with a t4 amp or two, and would still allow ecm and especially suppression to have an affect in combat. Otherwise I am ok with instant lock time. Pvp terraforming will not be a big player I suspect, but we can wait and see.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

This +++

Shadowmine wrote:

Maybe a locking time bonus for Terraforming bots? Maybe Garg mk2 and Symb Mk2 or some such get a locking time bonus modifier? This would help make terraforming less painful with a t4 amp or two, and would still allow ecm and especially suppression to have an affect in combat. Otherwise I am ok with instant lock time. Pvp terraforming will not be a big player I suspect, but we can wait and see.

So what's the locking time at which ewar becomes useless?

65 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-01-23 01:03:20)

DEV Zoom wrote:

UM instant ? tongue

TBH i really dont see ANY point at all for this proposed change. as a Terra former i will just fit a sensor amp or 2 on & never look back. so what if it take me 3 secs to lock a tile.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

66 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-23 01:22:19)

Offensive terraforming in it's current state would get a MASSIVE buff to invader as defender ewar make little to no impact. I should probably be keeping my mouth shut about it, actually as my opponents are the ones with all the assets on Gamma.

It may be too difficult to conceive of offensive uses for Terraforming 2.0 at this time. Aside from the 50 degree limitation I don't think any other details are known about how the new mechanics will work.

So, for the love of GOD, just leave it alone for now. Once you get the Terraforming Mechancis ironed we can try it out on the new test server, and perhaps there discuss locking time as part of BALANCING.

This idea needs to be shelved.

Yeah its fine, good skills and sensor boosters all thats needed.

I would love to instalock plants, but not at this expense

68 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-23 03:37:00)

Instant.

If lock time was 3 seconds at least a jam and suppress would take that out to 10 seconds (math is hard but you know what im saying)

I think everyone could live with that.

Instant is super bad  tongue     mega bad

DEV Zoom wrote:

Gotcha, I think we can even put a time modifier on terrain locking, doesn't have to be bot specific. But we'll come back to this after you guys did some terraforming with the current setup.

\o/ thanks zoom for reasonable suggestion and reasonable approach

71 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-01-23 07:46:08)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Gotcha, I think we can even put a time modifier on terrain locking, doesn't have to be bot specific. But we'll come back to this after you guys did some terraforming with the current setup.

any eta for test server ? i wanna see what i can brake

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

On a brighter note, I don't think I have ever been as excited to get on the test server and test things as I am now. smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

73 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-23 23:22:46)

Shadowmine wrote:

On a brighter note, I don't think I have ever been as excited to get on the test server and test things as I am now. smile

Yes me too.

I wished all this changes coming, could have been thought out around a year ago, and more could have been done.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

Add a time lock bonus to symbios and gargoyls along with their terraforming bonus. Finished easy no mess.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Add a time lock bonus to symbios and gargoyls along with their terraforming bonus. Finished easy no mess.

Lock bonus will be used for any other purposes, making EWAR less useful against support bots. I don't think we need that.

I think we could have robot/buildings locking and terrain/plants locking extensions, second one can just give more %%.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086